Megalomaniac video

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
I just saw the "Megalomaniac" video a few days ago... Anybody who hasn't seen it should definitely check it out... Even if you don't like the song for some reason, it sends a very powerful message about the world today... And about halfway through the video, for just a split second, the guy whose head turns into an eagle's bears a striking resemblance to Bush...

Df02
as ive said quite a few times, i dont like overwhelming political music - i prefer my music without a giant side order of propaganda tyvm..

but ive seen it and yea it is quite a striking video, i like the poster on the wall in the house "hero's never ask why" think thats a pretty cool quote

Darth Revan
Well it's not THAT political... Like that one song that says "turncoat, killer, liar, thief," over and over again. It goes for more of the subtle psychological side of things...

Df02
subtle? the videos as subtle as a SCUD lol, the whole things laced with politically messages... the whole video's 3mins of political propoganda... the music may not be, but the whole video is hugely political... the bands even admitted in interviews that the sole purpose of the video was to put across political messages.

its good, ill give it that...its well made, but its not my thing, i dont mind views being put across in music, its what its there for, but it goes a step too far when it just starts looking like propoganda

neway half 3 and im tired...ill check here when i get up :P

Darth Revan
Yeah, but I can see how somebody might interpret it as just random images...

StinkFist462
it is random images ...

Darth Revan
see Df? What'd I tell ya? roll eyes (sarcastic)

loserib
yeah that video just shows how great and understanding america is in alot of countries everybody in the band would have been shot and killed and the video would have never seen the light of day

ElectricBugaloo
...RATM

StinkFist462
what about them ? were not talking about them .. weretalking about a music vid by Incubus ... nothing about RATM

Darth Revan
They're both very political though... The video and RATM

StinkFist462
i guess so but it was random .. completey

Darth Revan
yes it was yes

StinkFist462
big grin

Df02
not really completely random, he was asociating the two as political.... granted it was a shit way of doing it, but im guessing thats what he was doing..

Incubus should stick to singing about surfing and laid back lifestyles :P leave the political crap to the "pro's"

Darth Revan
I don't get what's so bad about political rock... I love it, personally.

Df02
theres nothing bad about it, id just rather not have political ideas spoonfed to me....

Also most of the time rockstars are jumping on the "we hate Bush/Blair/EveryGovernment" band wagon, and tbh its just got boring

total metalhead
Which is why no political rock group will ever have such a massive effect as Sex Pistols or any old school British punk, or Rage. They're all 'rebelling' against the same thing.

Darth Revan
Yeah, I know what you mean, but I guess the fact that I agree with them helps...

Df02
and i guess the fact that i dont, doesnt....messed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.