Daredevil: Really the man without fear?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
What are your comments.

Arachnoidfreak
eh. i never really liked Daredevil. just like i dont like Captain America.

Darth Jello
yes, yes he is the man without fear.

vegeance
How dare you even question daredevil ?

MaverickIce
No he is not, Hal Jordan is.

Seriously though. he isn't.

LeAtHerRFace
is that a problem with u?

Darth Jello
he has stood up to every challenge, even when it meant being nearly beaten to death. daredevil has the most character of any hero. he is the man without fear, and don't you forget it.

Spawnie
Why can't u say the same thing for Spiderman? Hasn't he stood up to every challange and he is also known for never quitting? Hmmmm, ha?

I don't believe that no fear BS. When I was little I always thought that DD had some devil like powers, and when I found out that he was just a blind man in a suit I went crazy. I turned to Manga and its charms.
The only man without powers that impressed me enough to read it was Batman.

I just don't like guys in frutty outfits: Captain Am, DD, Bullseye, etc.

marvel_star
there is a new comic coming out pretty soon, by marvel, called Powerless.... and it has all our fav. heros, with out there powers. so daredevil is just a blind man..........
we can find out the answer to this there.

Arachnoidfreak
I saw that comic! Well, an ad for it. Matt Murdock, Peter Parker, and Logan are all without superpowers. I have to see when it comes out so i can pick it up.

Maelstrom
DD has some cool powers. Radar vision, hypersenses. He is only the man with no fear because a blind man who is not protected with "power" powers has to have no fear to swing from ropes and stuff. I first thought the same thing about him when i saw and heard his name. I don't much like these little baseball player villians. If i sew my pillow to my back can i be the hunchback and go ring all the church bells and fight supermen cause im annoying the entire town.

Dark Vengeance
no not really I was really just kiddin even though daredevil rocks

Bojangles
part of the reason he has no fear is the mere fact that hes blind...despite the fact he can see thing with sound vibrations...it you cant see the full picture of what your versing, than you cant know the fear that it would cause if he could see it

sorry for the clumsy literation...i tried to explain what i was thinking stick out tongue

Darth Jello
spider-man has never had his entire life wrecked like DD has time and time again

DarkCrawler
Yeah, and how many times has Peter thrown the costume in carbage basket and said: "There is no Spider-Man any more.".

Gregory
Superman has stood up to every challenge, even when it meant actually being beaten to death. A lot of heroes have that sort of resolution.

Maelstrom
Thanks bo-good x

Darth Jello
read the typhoid mary tpb.

also, did kingpin or dock ock ever find out peter's identity and use it to destroy his home, his family, his job, and his sanity?

did lex luthor ever convince superman to murder a child while sending metallo to murder lios lane (successfully)?

the truth is, none of the other superheros have faced the same kind of adversity. and none of them have an enemy quite like kingpin or bullseye, the joker comes close, but not quite.

JuggernautFan
no but spiderman was hated in school, failed to save his girlfriend *she was killed* and venom figured out his idenity and plagued him destroying his home, his family, his job, and his sanity. same thing with carnage........

JuggernautFan
plus spiderman has went up against beings that outclass him on paper by far and actually won in a fight against them. he has been through every bit as much as daredevil has.

Arachnoidfreak
Kingpin is a poor man's Lex Luther. and fat.

Darth Jello
again, DD survived several rounds of mephisto, and kicked that crap out of both sabretooth and iron fist.

as for the luthor comment, the modern age version of luthor is actually a cheap imitation of the kingpin who was popular at the time of the crisis on infinite earths. this began a long string of dc ripoffs that truely culminated when they ripped off Daredevil villian, the owl, and called him the penguin in batman returns.

Gregory
Huh? The Penguin was around long before Batman Returns. In fact, he first appeared, in Detective Comics #58, which came out in December of 1941. The Owl, as far as I can tell, first appeared in 1964. Come to think of it, that's also the year Daredevil #1 came out.

FrothByte
err... back to the topic: i bet you DD's afraid of sitting in front row of a live rock concert.

Arachnoidfreak
DC villains have been around way longer than Marvel ones, as Gregory pointed out with the Owl/Penguin example. Marvel actually ripped off quite a few DC characters, i.e. the original Captain Marvel, from Marvel comics. He was so similar to Superman that DC sued them for the rights, now he is known as Shazam! in DC, and Marvel made a new Captain Marvel, with completely different powers.

laughing I agree.

Darth Jello
i'm saying that danny devito's mutant penguin was a blatant ripoff of the owl, not the comics' penguin. and for the record aquaman was a ripoff of the submariner

Arachnoidfreak
Aquaman doesn't count. He's so LAME. Namor is much better.

Every comic company has a rip-off of another comic company, Luthor just happens to be one of the exceptions, i.e. he was made first.

Darth Jello
but his characterization in the modern age is based on kingpin

Wynndar
I dont know, I think Marvel's characters r far more unique and modern...DC characters r just too allegorical and anitquated and required no creativity to design....this is not because they r older, just look at the Sub Mariner or Cap or Human Torch I...older than DC characters but vastly more individual and unique....compare the origins of DC character to those of Marvel....Superman vs Captain america...from today's perspective Superman's origin sounds like something a child made up in about five minutes, although it might have been cutting edge back in the day, while Cap's origin hasnt become lame with time....there r some rip off's in both direction's but not many...the Shazam example is a good one...however, Superman was created in such broad strokes it is easy to understand other comics having similar characters.

Gregory
Maybe you just aren't familiar with the right DC characters?

I certainly disagree about your example; Captain America is the product of a war-time experiment, right? If you think that's interesting, fine, but I see nothing special about it. Punisher became a vigilante when his family was killed; far from being unique, this is similiar to Batman, one of the most famous comic book characters ever. Spiderman gained powers after being exposed to radiation, like the Atom and any number of characters. Maybe the Marvel characters whose origins I know are all just the less creative ones?

Bojangles
duh! Namor was the first character ever created by Marvel Comics in 1939...waay before aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.