Dr. Doom vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
Who do you think?

VENOMfan
Doom hes top's, second to none.

in fact i think he used mind control on Magneto once, and his armor is de-magnitized like some kinda super plastic

LeAtHerRFace
Awesome.

Arachnoidfreak
Dr. Doom. there are plenty of ways Doom can tear Magneto apart. mind games, his technology, his sorcerey...and the list goes on

tkitna
Yeah, I have that old issue somewhere when Magneto barged into Dooms castle. LOL! He was pretty sorry that he did that afterwards.

Wynndar
yea...it has already been established...Doom is the superior....still, they r friends, and i like to see them work together.....they r the badest duo in history

Arachnoidfreak
What comic!? i want it!

Never
Doom wins with prep time. If they bump into one another coming around a corner, Doom loses.

eleveninches
In that case, I would have to go for Doom winning this one. Otherwise, I still think that it would have been magneto.

Arachnoidfreak
even if Dr. Dooms armor was magnatized metal, Doom would still win. He found a way to neutralize mutant powers.

eleveninches
Well then, in that case it would depend on who made the first strike.

norrin radd
i totaly agree.

Never
Hmm, would his de-magnetized armor prevent Magneto from dropping 30,000 tons of metal on him? Magneto does not have to attack him directly to neutralize him; he has the entire environment to use.

Think people stick out tongue

Wynndar
Doom doesnt need prep time....unless magneto surprises him while he is in his bedroom in his boxers....Doom would win....what issue did magneto storm into castle doom?...anyway....Doom doesnt need prep time, he is not like batman or Reed Richards, who usually find a way to beat an opponent by a counter attack...Doom alway "plans for every possible contingency", he is always preped to beat magneto whenever, not that i think magneto is powerful enough to be a threat to an unprepared Doom...I can only think of one time Doom was actually unprepared, and that was against Hyperstorm...who defeated him and Richards...Doom never gave up though, and found a way to escape all on his own....Magneto doesnt equal Hyperstorm or Doom...not by a long shot...not nearly as powerful or intelligent.

norrin radd

Arachnoidfreak
Dr. Doom is also a master of sorcery. that includes making force fields to prevent him from being squashed like a cockroach.

eleveninches
Ah, but Magneto HAS defeated Doom before, even though doom was in possession of a cosmic cube at the time (in the Chaos engine trilogy)

Never
No...he dabbles in sorcery. He is by no means a master sorcerer - that title is reserved for individuals such as Dr. Strange.

Agreed that he can create forcefields (as can Magneto); however, the iron in his blood would not be protected, would it? Think Wolverine when Magneto leeched the adamantium out of him. Magneto can attack Dr. Doom in his forcefield. Can Doom do the same to Magneto?

Re: Doom and the Beyonder...that was with prep time, which is what I was referring to. Sliced up Klaw and used him to steal the energy created when Galactus converted his homeworld.

Arachnoidfreak
dabbles?? the only one stronger than him in sorcery is The Sorcerer Supreme, Dr. Strange himself. Read Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom: Triumph and Torment.

Never
Dabbles. That was a one-shot, similar to Venom vs. Juggernaut (no way in hell Venom can take Juggernaut) in hyperbole. No need to take my word for it...

Abilities: Although Doom has some native sorcerous ability, his real power lies in his genius level I.Q. and his brilliant mechanical designs.

http://www.fantastic-four.nl/doctordoom.html

Dr. Doom also has the ability to switch minds with another person and he possesses a small amount of mystical knowledge as well.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/d/drdoom.htm

On occasion one will encounter story arcs wherein Doom is a more powerful sorcerer, but that, to my knowledge, is mainly creative liberty. Historically names such as Dr. Strange, Dormammu, Mephisto, Loki, Enchantress, Surtur, Odin, Zeus arise when discussing the more powerful sorcerers. Doom would in no way be able to stand up to them.

Arachnoidfreak
its not just a one shot. that is the comic where Doom learns sorcery. all comics that come afterwards are reffering to it. Doom is the second best human sorcerer, next to Dr. Strange. period.

Never
You say:

Do you know what a one-shot is...? It was a graphic novel! This is a DIFFERENT characterization of Doom, similar to it being a DIFFERENT characterization of Venom. They (the authors) rewrote BOTH of their histories for that story arc - Marvel did not rewrite their histories.

You say:

I said:

Moreover, Doom learned a bit about magic WAY before that comic book.

You say:

Hrm, first he was the 2nd best sorceror. Now the 2nd best *human* sorceror?

Anywho, that arc was written in the late 80's. Not sure what you mean by "all comics...referring to it," but it does not rewrite Marvel Universe continuity, if that is what you are saying...just like Venom is not REALLY able to absorb that amount of punishment from Juggernaut. Venom does not now, he only did in that mini-series.

Doom is the second best human sorcerer after Strange? What? "Okayyyyyy," ever heard of Baron Mordo? Kulan Gath? Scarlett Witch? Morgan Le Fey? Example of Gath's abilities?

POWERS/ABILITIES: Kulan Gath possessed the ability to tap into and manipulate magic on a level approaching that of the Earth dimension's most powerful mage Doctor Strange.

But hey, I'll let you tell it.

Whoops, Morgan is 1/2 fairy, 1/2 human.

Wynndar
yea these are all good points Never...Doom's mystical abilities typically play a tertiary role when considering how dangerous he is...Yes magneto has a wealth of techniques and abilities he could use to defeat an enemy...however, Doom has perhaps the most diverse range of weaponry for any earthly villain...yes including Apocalypse....I doubt Doom would allow his armor to be his weakness against magneto....he would have to be able to neutralize magneto's powers...with all the times magneto had been around Doom in the past and worked for him...do u think Doom would not be prepared for a sneak attack ???please...magneto would not be able to use Doom's armor against him...that is silly...Doom has to know how to fully neutralize magneto....otherwise he would have never opened up to him in the past.

Arachnoidfreak
hmm, well i have enough balls to admit when im wrong, seeing as i have only been collecting and researching comics for maybe 6 months, and i dont limit myself to Marvel and DC. that doesnt mean my opinion changes. Doom kicks Magnetos ass, and Doom is still the ultimate villain. also, i changed it from second best sorcerer to second best human because Mephisto, Loki and others slipped my mind. and of course i know what a one-shot is, i have several.

Never
Doom, the ultimate villain? What happened to Thanos?

And Wynndar...since when did Doom ever walk around with his full arsenal of weaponry? Iron Man does not - think Doom would? I mentioned him in the same breath as Batman and Black Panther when it comes to PREP TIME - and for the heavyweights, Thanos and Darkseid.

Batman knows how to neutralize Superman (and the entire JLA, for that matter) - think he could do it without prep time? Helllllll no.

That is why I said, ***in my opinion*** (so people do not think I am speaking from an all-knowing pedestal), with prep time, sure Doom wins.

Without prep time? Magneto has soooo many ways.

Arachnoid, I have been collecting, reading, and researching comics since 1983ish. Have everything from Cerebus the Aardvark to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to Fish Police to Miami Mice to The Adventurers to DC, Marvel, Dark Horse, Top Cow, and their subsidiaries.

Actually threw away one collection (when I was young and pissed at my parents...~900 comics then) and started over. Have...maybe...8,000 or so now.

Arachnoidfreak
Never: what about Thanos? he is kick ass now, but back in the day he had a serious problem with trying to please Death that Doom could exploit. and he lacks determination, he's too arrogant(kinda like you). ive always liked Doom better than Thanos, but that doesnt mean Doom would kick Thanos's ass hands down, itd be a great match. im sorry, did i forget to write 'in my opinion Doom is the ultimate villain'? though ive been collecting for 6 months, i also have a shitload of school work to get through(3 term papers due by next week, none of which i have started), so its not like i am even close to owning as many as i wish i could. 8,000....i wish i had the f*ckin money for that shit. since i havent limited myself to Marvel and DC, theres no way i would know as much about anyone in either universe as say...someone who has been collecting since before i was born. did you think i was saying that i might know more than you because i have been collecting for 6 months? c'mon now, im stubborn, not stupid. heh, you remind me of my favorite Simpsons character, The Comic Book Guy

Eidolon
I think if Magneto was planning to take out Doom and then attacked out of the blue he would win. If they ran into eachother unexpectedly and fought Magneto would probably win. If Doom was planning on attacking Magneto out of the blue Doom would win, and if both were planning on attacking eachother Doom would win.

So it kinda depends on the conditions of the fight, as already stated by others Doom wins if they have time to prepare, but Magneto wins if they don't.

Linkalicious
Well it's all situational in my mind. When does Magneto stage his attack? What's his motivation to attack?

If Doom wasn't expecting it...maybe sitting in his fortress, and Magneto was in a fit of rage (like when he wrecked Wolvie up) then i'd say Magneto would probably just crush the structure of his fortress down on him. I think the comic would be great to read if they just went at it secret wars style.

tkitna
First I agree with Never in the fact that if Doom bumped heads with Magneto at the grocery store, Doom is in for a serious thumping. The comic I was referring to was an older Avengers book (I believe, but i'm not sure. Hopefully, I can come across it sometime soon), but the issue starts out with Magneto walking through the streets of Latveria and he pretty much barges into Dooms castle while Doom was playing chess. All I can remember from the remaining battle was Doom mind controlling Magneto into magnetically throwing objects at himself such as maces, swords and such from the wall. Doom let up just in time for Magneto to repell the weapons (if this a bit shaky, forgive me because its been years since i've read it). Anyways, later I remember Magneto attacking the Avengers. I dont remember what happened very well, but the Avengers lineup consisited of Cap, Beast, Wonder Man, Thor, and few others. I apologize for being so vague.

norrin radd
i know, thats what i mean.

SuperDarryl
When I think of MAgneto/Doom battling it out then I think of a battle ending in a huge nuke taking out in entire city or New York. By the way I"am a huge Magneto fan he's a powerful mutant, being able to alter metals with his magnetic abilitys, being able to assemble complicated gadgets in a matter of seconds, awesome evil guy. My kind of villan. intelligent, sinister, ruthless, and powerful.

Dr. Doom is a bad azz as well. He's an awesome sorcerer, he has nuclear-powered demagnitized armor, a genius level I.Q. and is a brilliant mechanical genius. He can create a forcefiled around himself and shoot strong blast of energy from his hands. And do a bunch of magic stuff. One tough dude.

If I where to illustrate a story with these two in a heated battle, I would showcase all the talents of both villains. The winner, it would be a tough decision. Doom may pull out a win if he prepared to attack Magneto, or Magneto may win if he got in the first lick. Maybe if he dropped about 10 steel cargo freighters on Dr Dooms head. That may damage him. I don't really know how durable Doom is. Has he stood up to a full force blow from Thing?

Maelstrom
I think just like Mister Fantastic people tend to underestimate Doom. I believe he is as powerfull without his armor. I think his armor is magically powered by his body. Wearing the mask and armor is his style. It is also powered scientificlly but Doom has probely learned how to generate his own science to power the armor. Crush it to a pulp with him in it and he simply voids himself and returns to fight another day.
Dr. Strange may be Sorcerer Supreme but Dr. Doom is the ruler and he may be the one who allows these heros their moment of fame.

eleveninches
Talking about prep time is useless. Doom has had his whole life as prep time. In other words, he is ALWAYS prepared!!

Never
Doom is always prepared for every single possible scenario of every single possible encounter?

Come on, 11.

eleveninches
He probably prepared for the future by finding a way to look into the future, or look towards his own death so that he can prepare for it.

Never
Impossible.

wolverine8888
though I never agree with Never he right this time

eleveninches
Actually, most of the things in comic books ARE impossible, but for a sorcerer to be able to see into the future is not that much unlikely

Wynndar
Doom was not prepared for Hyperstorm...but im sure h e is always prepared for magneto

SnakeEyes
This one is a tough one for me.
Both super-villain masterminds, who do u guys think would win?

Alpha Centauri
Great thread.

I'm going with Dr.Doom for the simple reason he'd know more about Magneto's weaknesses and capabilities than Magneto would know about him.

-AC

VENOMfan
we already have a Dr. Doom vs Maggy thread

merging..........

SnakeEyes
sorry, did not know

Alpha Centauri
Oh....weird. I wondered what happened there.

Despite Doom's suit being metallic I fail to see how Magneto would beat him. Doom would likely show up in a plastic suit.

-AC

SnakeEyes
But Doom's suit is already invulnerable to Magneto's powers right?

Alpha Centauri
Yep. Indeed it is. Doom is the man. Some normal human that strolls around beating the best people.

-AC

SUPERMANDAMAN
Not to mention Doom is alot stronger now because he has magic powers coming out of the wazoo

Alpha Centauri
Just like Peter Griffin when he parts with the US. Doom would stroll down the street singing a middle European version of "Can't touch this".

Due to his diplomatic immunity.

-AC

norrin radd
doom wins with prep time, without it magneto wins.

Beyonder
They should just have sex with each other and spawn an event more devious villain. That or they should just have a 3-way with Thanos, then nothing can stop their demon spawn. big grin

Fearnix
i like doom more but magneto would rip dooms mask off and beat him with it

Alpha Centauri
Beyonder, you're sick.

Fearnix, you're wrong.

Doom doesn't need prep time man. He prepares for everyone anyway. It's what he does.

-AC

manjaro
simply becuase of his near unparalleled intellect, I'm inclined to give Doom the Benefit of the doubt, but one must consider that magneto is no dumb ass either. In fact he's a super genius in his own right, after all he did help Xavier design the original Cerebro and he has built robots, cloned himself a number of times, mutated humans giving them powers, and created artifical life. However, a downright battle between the two I would have to give this matchup to Magneto becuase he probably has more attacks than Doom has contingeny plans.

I'm sure Doom's Battle Log would contain the following:

Astounding genius__(check)
De-magnetized armor___(check)
Endless Variety of weapons at my disposal__(check)
Mind Swapping Ability___(check)
Limited Command of Sorcery__(check)
Ability to mind f*ck opponents into frustration__(check)

Warding off a barrage of metal objects traveling at mach5__(Rain check)

Defense against metal objects surrounding me in a spherical form thus making me the core of my own little metal planet__(umm see above entry)

Defense aginst 30,000lbs being dropped on my head__(Ditto)

Defense against someone that can naturally create more powerful force shields than my technolgy allows me to do__(insert Rain check here)

Defense against having my blood flow redirected_(No prayer)

Defense against being wrapped in a steel girder and subsquently hurled into deep space__(Scream for Mommy)

Alpha Centauri
You say the thing about manipulating Blood. That takes ALL of Magneto's concentration. Doom would know this and never give him enough time.

As for being wrapped in a girder, you think Doom wouldn't have a way out of that?

You don't understand, Doom actually would have prepared for him already. Have him completely scouted.

-AC

manjaro
I saw mageto redirect Toad's blood flow after he slit his own throat and tried to kill himself in Paradise X, or was it Universe X(one of the two) and it didnt seem to take that much concentration to me? Also in The New X-men when Havoc left Polaris at the alter for that Nurse lady and she snapped and stopped everyone at the wedding's blood flow for a few seconds that also didnt seem to take tooo much out of her, and as we all know she's second only to magneto himself when it comes to magentism.

as for the steel girder thing what if this was done after he got knocked unconscious w/that barrage of metal objects traveling at mach5?

then would you give it to Magento?

Victor Von Doom
I don't understand the prep time malarkey. Doom was born ready. The guy has more gadgets than your average Ann Summers party.

VENOMfan
Im still giving this to Doom. the first time they tangled

Mag's broke into Doom's lair and Doom mindcontrolled him.

Magneto: Doom your time in the Marvel universe has come to an END! there can only be ONE villian with cool metal headgear!

Doom:Impudulant fool! Feel my rightous wrath you crimson bafoon!
*beam shoot's out of pool table and smack's Mag's in the face

Magneto:................................*brain turned into glue*

Fearnix
magneto could hide drawing pins in dr dooms favorite food and kill him with them doom would not ecsect that

Fearnix
sorry about the spelling

Alpha Centauri
"I don't understand the prep time malarkey. Doom was born ready. The guy has more gadgets than your average Ann Summers party."

Hahahahaha pure genius.

Doom doesn't walk around in his pajamas. Lives in his multi-gadget suit.

-AC

Fearnix
magneto could cry and make doom feel so sorry for him he would kill himself

manjaro
this was a few years ago but once, Magneto went up against this ogrish looking guy who wears peoples skin to hide as a human, and he also had an advanced healing factor, even better than Wolvie. Any way, this guy was growing back lungs and hearts faster than Magneto could crush them and he had no choice but to vibrate all the metals in homeboy'sblood(iron, magnesium,zinc) at hyper speed and reduced his molecules to nothingess.and that also took little effort so dont give me that it takes a lot of concentration nonsense. deny it all you like but Doom doesnt have a prayer

Alpha Centauri
Hahahahaha. Just exploding himself.

Fake though, he wouldn't.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
"deny it all you like but Doom doesnt have a prayer"

Big difference in fighting an Ogre to fighting Dr.Doom buddy.

To say Doom has not a prayer is dumb. He isn't even religious you one-off man mental.

It's fact that Magneto needs ultra concentration to control iron in blood or molocules. Coz he does it extremely rarely. Even so, Doom's suit is impenetrable to any of Magneto's powers. So Magneto couldn't even get through the armour.

Go back and try again. Doom owns you. He's watching you now on a spy camera. Gonna come and beat you down tomorrow.

-AC

manjaro
im not comletely sure but i think its in x-men legends vol. 4 its a collection of single issues of a few charcters in the x-men gallery

VENOMfan
Doctor Doom is an ultra badass, sometime's you dont even need an argument with the guy

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/Doom.jpg

Arachnoidfreak
Doom has found a way to neutralize mutant powers, just like Magneto has(on Magneto's island, there was an area around his palace/castle/homebase/whatever, that the Xmen's powers were useless). Magneto powerless, is not even worth Doom's time.

manjaro
nooooooo! magneto refuses to accept defeat! magneto attracts all the vehicles in the surrounding areas and crush Doom and his puny metal suit.

Plus i'll go out on a limb and say that magneto could probably re-magnetize his puny suit!

now magneto smash!

Arachnoidfreak
Dude! Without powers Magneto is just another human! There is NO hurling vehicles, there is NO re-magnetizing Doom's suit, there is NO smashing! All there is, is the man-formerly-known-as-Magneto walking off with his tail between his legs!

"B-but Magneto doesn't have a tail!" you say? Doom would give him one and make him wear it between his legs, while kicking him out of his castle.

manjaro
Ok then. Mangeto realizes that Doom has similar power dampening technology, knows better to stay away from him, poises in mid air outside his castle walls w/ a million steel beams, weight lifting equipment, VEHICLES, a bunch of those giant wrecking balls, and a few cruise ships(one at a time of course)

use his low level telepathy or his astral projection abilities

dares him to come out on his balcony, then starts to bash his brains out all at once

realizes that all the material can be re used and picks them up over and over and bash him some more.

Realizes that one can never be too sure he pulls an asteroid out of orbit and crashes it into what remains of his puny palace

ha ha ha take that! puny man in metal suit

Alpha Centauri
"Plus i'll go out on a limb and say that magneto could probably re-magnetize his puny suit!"

Well no he wouldn't. Coz his suit is made from a metal that Magneto cannot manipulate and is impenetrable. Deal.

-AC

norrin radd

manjaro
no such thing! there isnt a metal that magneto cannot manipulate plus he can identfy them specifically by thier energy signatures.

he repelled the mighty mjolnir when thor hurled at him, he ripped Wolverines adamantium from his body and bent it

he sent classic colossus smashing thru wall and sh*t

he even ionized the metal particles that travel in the air and made a metal casket for that banshee guy, yet another he could dispose of doom

manjaro
all in all im still sticking with that wrapping him in a steel girder and sending him inouter space thing

Victor Von Doom
Lets be honest, if Magneto can do the 'stupid idea in the first place' blood control trick on a whim, the guy would be invincible. That's obviously not the case.

If his powers are indeed that great, he's a failure in the style of Apocalypse, for not being able to achieve his goal with such means.

Fearnix
doom would win i agree i was wrong before

Alpha Centauri
"If his powers are indeed that great, he's a failure in the style of Apocalypse, for not being able to achieve his goal with such means."

Exactly my point.

-AC

norrin radd

Arachnoidfreak
I never said Doom's power dampaning abilities was restricted to his castle. Knowing Doom, he would build the device into his suit.

The Magneto controlling all metals thing is true, look in the Green Lantern vs Magneto thread for more on that.

Let's not forget that Doom not only usues technology, but is the runner up for the position of Sorcerer Supreme, held by Doctor Strange. Doom can use magic against Magneto, as well as technology, and everything else Doom has in his bottomless bag o' tricks.

manjaro
the only reason magneto has failed in his attempts to take over mankind is becuase like a dumbass he always wants to announce himself. he does it the same way every dumbass villain does it which is to do something big then tell everyone why he did it and when he's going to do it again. dont get me wrong im not on his side but we're taling about a battle between him and Doom. And lets not pretend like Doom hasnt tried to take over the world once or twice and failed miserbly like every body else.

back to the original argument*since everyone foolishely thinks that this feat requires concentration*

Magneto really really really concentrates and redirect Dooms blood flow or vibrate his molecules at hyperspeed thus exploding him in his own puny de-magnetized shell! curtains for Doom

Victor Von Doom
No but I'm sure the writers will decide some percentage of him is metallic and boom. Another cheap usage of the power.

norrin radd

Victor Von Doom
Out of interest, what is the most impressive manifestation of Magneto's powers seen in a credible comic, that anyone can recall.

norrin radd
and of course that beings like beyonder can destroy magneto everyday

norrin radd

manjaro
we're not talking about cosmics we're talking about Doom

manjaro
ok how about this even though Doom is a dictator and has his ways of dealing with insurgents, he cherishes the citzens loyal to him like his own kids or something.

Magneto realizes that it wont be a cake walk beating Doom so gathers as many iron rods as there are citzens in Latervia and kills them all to drive Doom crazy then while he's in a maddened state he's easy pickings for magneto

Alpha Centauri
"And lets not pretend like Doom hasnt tried to take over the world once or twice and failed miserbly like every body else."

The difference is, if Marvel went ahead with giving someone rulership of the Earth, who would be more realisic over all. Doom or Magneto? Doom. Who owns a country? Doom. Silence then.

You seem to misunderstand, he CANNOT penetrate Doom's armour with his powers. Doom would know more about him than he did about Doom and as pointed out, Doom has way more at his disposal. Magneto has magnetism and intellect. Doom has supreme intellect, supreme magical skills, supreme weaponry and gadgetry, supreme defence and supreme armour. Any armour that withstands a Thanos blast substantially, says it's a strong ass suit.

Doom could probably cast a spell to stop magnetism working on him or to stop Magneto using his powers at all.

Doom has beaten the Beyonder and stolen Surfer's board. Not slyly. Beat him off it and took it. In "The End", who was the first one to devise a way of going back and taking out Akhameten? Doom. He very nearly succeeded also. Doom beats the Fantastic Four who's villains consist of Annihilus and Galactus.

Magneto fights the X-Men. Nuff said.

-AC

Fearnix
what if it was hand to hand cobat no tricks,powers and other stuff???

Alpha Centauri
Given that Magneto, above all is a man of honour. I'll say Doom. Because he would use every trick in the book to win. Even down to throwing sand in the eyes or saying "Look! Over there!", then when he looks away kicking him square in the bean bag.

-AC

Fearnix
ok what about with foam rods

Victor Von Doom
Doom would apply dog dirt to the end.

Fearnix
ok paint balling???

manjaro
nooooo magneto doesnt listen to reason,

magneto re energise the blood in the fallen citzens of Lateriva and hurls them on Dooms' front lawn

Doom can do nothing but come outside and wave his fist angrily

manjaro
Magneto calls a fake truce and become doom's ally, they take over the wolrd together, and years later when Doom leasts expects it magneto kills him w/metal rod traveling at mach5

Alpha Centauri
"nooooo magneto doesnt listen to reason,

magneto re energise the blood in the fallen citzens of Lateriva and hurls them on Dooms' front lawn

Doom can do nothing but come outside and wave his fist angrily"

Yeah and out of his fist come billions of rockets that blow Magneto to pieces. The funny thing is, that happening is more realistic a scenario than Magneto beating Doom.

And Doom doesn't have a lawn. He lives in a castle. Castles don't have lawns. Unless you built an extension at the back and filled it in with some soil and a nice patio. Even so a bit much when he already likes his home don't you think?

-AC

norrin radd
a lot of what doom does is everything but realistic.

Alpha Centauri
Yes but it's a comic book. Created for escapism. Realism isn't needed. Fun, creativity and enjoyment is. All of which I get from watching Doom sit in his chair.

-AC

norrin radd

Fearnix
ok how about this i come along and kill them both and rule all

Arachnoidfreak
Don't remember the issue, but Magneto reversed the earth's magnetic poles, jeapordizing the entire planet, this could have thrown it out of orbit, or made the planet collapse on itself. I think this was when Joseph was around(Magneto's clone)

manjaro
magneto deploys nano-robot equipped w/camera waits til Doom removes armor to take dump.

accelerates blood around anal opening, cuases Doom's bong hole to close tight, watches while Doom writhes in pain and meets a messy death*all while deeply concentrating of course*(sarcasm)

Arachnoidfreak
Why are you so bent on having Magneto win?? He is just outclassed here.

Alpha Centauri
It was unrealistic enough until Fearnix came along and stopped all the fun. Well thanks a bunch Fearnix, thanks a bunch. Pfft.

"accelerates blood around anal opening, cuases Doom's bong hole to close tight,"

That is just nasty. Really. Go away you evil man.

-AC

manjaro
he may be outclassed from a success story point of view but i still believe that he could take Doom

manjaro
all joking aside there is no way you can say that magneto couldnt repolarize Doom's suit. I'll accept any other argument but that one, no freakin way!

bardock
if he drop a truck on doom i think it is game over.

Fearnix
its not my falt.......................is it

Alpha Centauri
Well that's just you not accepting it. You not accepting it doesn't mean it could happen. It wouldn't happen. Doom wins. The man who created alot of Marvel's best, Stan Lee, believes Doom is the greatest villain.

Who are you to argue with him? Or anyone else here? Nah just kidding.

But come on, you not accepting it is just like denial. It's fact. Doom's suit is immune to him.

"if he drop a truck on doom i think it is game over."

I think Doom would notice it and be able to stop it. (He would.)

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Doom has taken worse than a truck, like being disected by a god-like being.

Fearnix
doom would win hes smarter.......cooler looking and dose not wear pink and purple

Fearnix
doom would only win with magic if he didnt have magic he would lose

Arachnoidfreak
Doom doesn't need magic, and he doesn't even use it most of the time. Magneto's only chance is catching Doom while he is in a coma.

manjaro
noooooooo! magneto wins always*thats me making it humorus again*

magneto liquifies adamantium(providing he can find a source)around doom, hardens it and suffocates him in a metal shell! curtains.

manjaro
that trumps all I say! nothing can break adamantium

VENOMfan
everyone...stop being stupid or I will close this thread....for being stupid

Alpha Centauri
It's not us. It's Magneto groupie over there. It was fine till he faked it up.

"Magneto's only chance is catching Doom while he is in a coma."

He'd have something guarding him.

-AC

bardock
magneto has control over the full magnetic spectrum that is a lot more than just being a magnet.he is also very smart.

Fearnix
yeah mr i wanna f*ck magneto

VENOMfan
Ok this thread is tired and not sparking worthwile debate closing temporarily

closing...............

IRTMU-Dragon
Both are at the peak of there abilities.
Doom gets prep-time.

So? Who would win!

norrin radd
already been made, but if doom has prep time, then doom

Arachnoidfreak
Already a thread on this. Doom has already devised a device that inhibits Magneto's powers. Doom, without prep time takes this.

demigawd
Yeah, this is one of those situations in which Doom fans say that Doom could beat God given enough prep. But Doom has had years of prep and can't beat the Fantastic Four. So he's overrated.

I suppose that if Doom woke up one morning and said, "I'm gonna kill Magneto!" and spent the next week working on all kinds of devices to nullify his power and take him down, then surprise attacked Magneto he could do it.

Any other situation and Doom goes down hard.

I'd say it breaks down like this:

Doom with one-sided prep: 9/10. He'd have a shitload of devices at his disposal that would open up just enough of a hole in Mags power that he could push through and win it.

Magneto with one-sided prep: 8/10 (Doom has anti-magnetc shields, but Magneto has overcome anti-magnetic shielding before by Iron Man and Sentinels)

They both get a week of prep and fight on neutral ground: Mags 5.5/10. It becomes a chess match, of shifting polarities and frequencies, but since it deals with Magneto's specialty, Mags wins in the end.

They both get a week of prep and the fight is in castle Doom: Doom 8/10. He could just invent something that deactivates mutant power. Magneto would have to black out Latveria beforehand as part of his prep time to turn that off. Doom might shield his equipment from it. Magneto might open a black hole inside Castle Doom and suck the equipment out. Doom might have a....black hole....stopper.

They both get a week of prep and fight on Asteroid M: Magneto 8/10. The whole ship is his to command, and you can beat there's lots of ferrous materials.

They bump into each other at McDonald's and throw down: Mags 7/10. Doom isn't much of a fighter and his actual combat abilities using just his armor are unimpressive. He's below Iron Man in that sense, and Magneto owns Iron Man every time.

crazyspinz
umm doom caries a device that stops mutant powers with him on a regular basis...

demigawd
Where'd you get that from?

If he could do that, he should be able to walk through the FF anytime he wants by building a device that stops cosmic powers and walking around with it.

Wolverine and Nightcrawler have beaten Doom by themselves! BADLY.

WTF!

crazyspinz
the FF arent mutants, and when did nightcrawler and wolvie beat doom,

doom has only amde about 10 acual aperances in the history of marvel comics, the rest have always been doombots

demigawd
I know they aren't mutant, but either you're telling me that Doom CAN'T create a device that turns off the cosmic powers of the Fantastic Four, or that Doom is so stupid that he'd build something anti-mutant and not ant-his-greatest-enemies, or that he doesn't actually have such an anti-mutant device. Where did you hear that he has this device?

To answer your inquiry about Nightcrawler and Wolvie beating Doom:

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/050118031012/Doom%20no%20Prep0.jpg

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/050118031012/Doom%20no%20prep1.jpg

And it's NOT a Doombot because Wolverine sniffed the real Doom out. Doom just got beat.

crazyspinz
hmm i think thats retarted that it happened, but it did so ill give you credit.

but i distinctly remember reading something where doom was against excalibur or something and he just used a little ray gun or something and there powers where nuteralized, but i might be wrong.

doom has things that could take out thor in one shot, and he also has access to cosmic power if he needs it. mags just cant compete

Alpha Centauri
"But Doom has had years of prep and can't beat the Fantastic Four. So he's overrated."

I swear you said in the other thread "Magneto loses to the X-men because he's a villain. They're supposed to lose".

-AC

demigawd
Aww man, it doesn't let me link images from that site. It's from a Claremont issue of X-men. Here's some telltale dialogue:

Doom: Fascinating. And I thought I was ruthless
Wolvie: A for effort, Doom. Your robot looked perfect, but I never go by just appearances. I know a person by their stance, smell, feel...."

later, Nightcrawler ambushes Doom and wraps him up in a curtain. Doom breaks out and punches Wolverine:

W: Not bad, bub, you throw a fair punch. Too bad you're hittin a man with Adamantium bones. Now it's my turn!"
D: NOOOO!

Then Wolverine puts Doom in a headlock and threatens him into turning over something called a "metabolic transmuter" to save Storm.

Very embarassing for Doom. Where was his mutant device then?

demigawd
lol, thread stalker.

ok, fair enough. But until someone posts conclusive evidence that he has such a anti-mutant device, it's speculation.

Besides, it's all about HOW you lose. Thanos beats himself. FF beat Doom.

demigawd
Cool. Like...?

Awesome. From where?

Maybe I'm just anal about it because I cite whenever possible, but people just throw out wild statements and never cite sources. I don't always need EXACT issue numbers or quotes, but at least say, "During the so and so storyline in Fantastic Four, Doom activated a device that made all the mutants in the area fall to the ground and from there he...".

I mean, I could say Magneto has access to anti-Doom devices and Living Tribunal power. Doesn't make it true.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah but Doom has beat Surfer, outsmarted Beyonder, Galactus and almost everyone in Secret Wars, and walks around with more gadgetry than a lesbian slumber party.

I think he has a fair shot. To say the least.

-AC

demigawd
I think he has a fair shot too. But I think what people forget is that Doom's "victories" over people like Surfer, Beyonder and Galactus weren't about combat. It was about plotting to take their power and succeeding in doing it. The question was specifically about who would win in a fight. Doom has a poor record when engaged in combat with his armor and gadgets. That's the scope of the question and that's the scope of my answer.

Now, if the question were, "Could Doom steal Magneto's power?" or "Could Doom come up with a way to kill Magneto?", the answer is a resounding YES. If he could do it to Galactus, he could do it to Mags.

But that wasn't the question, lol.

crazyspinz
well he shot this thing at thor and thor teleported away and later said "that would have killed me"

and doom has taken the byonders power before, adn he could do it again

Arachnoidfreak
Doom HAS made a device to cancel Magneto's power. He already has it. The fight is one-sided. Magneto without his powers is just some old guy.

Goddamn, now I have to go back to my old way of actually looking up the damn comic. Hold on, I'll get the info.

crazyspinz
all hall arachnoidfreak!

IRTMU-Dragon
Sorry, didnt know this had been done.

Arachnoidfreak
SUPER-VILLAIN TEAM-UP #14; October, 1977

I think that's the comic. If not, I have to keep looking.

demigawd
OK, I buy that. Of course, Thor teleported away, so it didn't hit him, lol. that's the thing about superduper power attacks. Sometimes you can just...get out of the way.

What happened after that? If I were Thor I'd teleport back and knock Doom upside his head.

Just to beat Magneto? That's a lot of prep time you're giving Doom. If he could do it just like that, he wouldn't be sitting in Hell (or Hel) today.

IRTMU-Dragon
Arent all of dooms machine's metal?

Why couldnt magneto just lift doom up before he could n-gage the power thingy that turns off his own powers? He is wearing a suit of metal.

Arachnoidfreak
Doom's armor has been "de-magnitized" Although, considering Magneto's true power, I don't see how it would stay that way.

IRTMU-Dragon
If magnetos power is so sensitive and intuned that he can manipulate the .000000000000001 percent of electrical force atoms give off, I dont see how Doom would stand a chance, even with his machine's.

crazyspinz
doom is also a very powerful magician, second only dr strange, he has a mix of technology and powerfull magic, thats why he is so hard to beat.

magic > mutant imo

demigawd
ok, just got finished reading that issue of teamup on-line. It is indeed Magneto vs. Doom, but there's no real actual combat between the two of them. Doom took over the world with some kind of mind control mist, freed Magneto and told Magneto to try to stop him. Magneto used that electro-chemical trick I talked about in the vs. Hulk thread to unbrainwash Beast and then the two of them did a bunch of stuff that culminated in Doom being defeated and forgetting that he ruled the world.

I will say, however, that there were a couple of specific instances in other issues where Magneto and Doom went at it. Both were inconclusive. In one, Magneto tried to manipulate Doom's armor directly, and Doom reversed the polarity, which sent Magneto flying back. But there wasn't any fighting after that. Iron Man has done that to Magneto too, but because Magneto was TRYING to fight Iron Man, he just started shifting frequencies so quickly that it overwhelmed Iron Man and he couldn't compensate fast enough. Magneto took over his armor as a result.

In the other, Doom was time traveling or something and ended up on Asteroid M. They got into it briefly, where Magneto told Doom to "Begone" and sent Doom flying. Doom got mad, activated an anti-magnetic device and hit Magneto. Before Magneto could respond, Doom got teleported again.

So all their fights were basically a series of smacks that never went to a conclusion.

crazyspinz
did you totaly miss what i said?

magneto can controll IM because its jjust technology, but Doom has much more, his magic alone makes him a formidable opponent against magneto

demigawd
I don't see why people think of him as being a powerful magician. He's not. The one time he really used magic effectively was in his final storyline against the FF. And in that case, it wasn't his power. He made a deal with demons to use their power. And then it backfired when he talked about how he's the best magician, which pissed off the demons, whose power he was really using, and he got taken to Hell for his efforts. Sort of Lion King like, actually.

Saying he's second to Strange is a bold claim. You're saying he's better than Loki? Better than Amora? What makes you think he's a competent magician at all, much less on Strange's level? What are his feats?

demigawd
I actually did miss what you said. I went directly from reading the issue to posting. My response to you is above. Sorry.

Victor Von Doom
Hmm.

I don't think Doom ever stumbles into a fight, if we are basing our assumptions on the nature of the characters. Depends on how prepared Doom happens to be.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>