Dogs and Fiction References in Kill Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sarahvma
Okay, here are the ones I've found:

-A similar gas can to the one Mr. Blonde uses on the cop is in Budd's trailer
-The Bride pulls a straight-razor from her cowboy boots, just as Mr. Blonde does in Reservoir Dogs
-The brand of cigarettes Butch orders at Wallace's club are Red Apples - look for a huge Red Apple ad in the airport of Japan when The Bride is walking through
-There's a line that Harvey Keitel says in the beginning of Dogs basically says 'along with the kneecap, the gut is the most painful place a guy can get shot in' very similar to the line Bill says to The Bride
-Is it just me or is Mr. Blonde holding a Big Kahuna Burger cup in Dogs?
-Budd uses the same lighter to light his cigarette as Mr. Blonde was about to use on the cop
-Budd, obviously uncomfortable with his companion's catsuit attire chooses a very Reservoir Dogs-style outfit when he walks into the chapel - thin black tie and all - along with the glasses.

Anyone notice anything else?

sarahvma
Remembered some more:

- When in Vernita's house, the Bride makes the same square shape (this time with only one finger) as she did in the car with Vince Vega at Jack Rabbit Slim's when she's explaining to Vernita that in order to be square (even-steven) she would have to kill her whole family
- This is a picky one, but when The Bride finally comes out of the coma, it looks a lot like after they give her the adrenaline shot

Dave123
nice work, we'll ask BKK nicely to merge that with this, though smile http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f70/t292571.html

Dave123
oh yeah, i know you're new and everything

but you can use the search feature at the top to see if a post has already been made

embarrasment i remember when i was a noob in the matrix forum

burlyman
Doesn't Tarantino always use Zippo lighters in his films, as well as Red Apple Cigarettes.

Also the same "trunk shot":
- Reservoir Dogs - Mr Blonde showing the cop in the trunk.
- Pulp Fiction - when Vincent and Jules are getting the guns out of the trunk.
- Jackie Brown - guy in the trunk.
- Kill Bill - Beatrix opening the trunk to question Sofie Fatale.

sarahvma
I hate being a noob. lol. There's a slight difference with my list, however - they are all things Tarantino does in his various movies that repeat in others, rather than things he got from other people's movies.

dave123
don't worry about being a noob, you'll learn smile

and BKK won't mind either happy

sarahvma
lol - I always do that, though - every time I join a new site. I think I'm so smart no one else has thought of it or something.

papabeard
There is a driving scene with the bride which is remiscent of a similar scene in Pulp Fuction and also Alfred Hitchcocks work.

KILLBILLFREAK
I notice that in almost every QT movie there it a Trunk scene
-KILL BILL vol.1
-Jackie Brown
-Resvior Dogs
-Pulp Fiction

Myth
That's not almost.

Mandorallen
Originally posted by KILLBILLFREAK
I notice that in almost every QT movie there it a Trunk scene
-KILL BILL vol.1
-Jackie Brown
-Resvior Dogs
-Pulp Fiction

dont forget kill bill vol. 2.

QT's signatures are a trunk scene, and a very long take

eggmayo
And Zippo's... no characters ever use a normal (cheap) lighter, that I can remember.

Solo
Originally posted by Mandorallen
dont forget kill bill vol. 2.B]
There wasn't even a trunk scene in Vol. 2.

They weren't even planned out to be two seperate movies, therefore he didn't take the time to film a trunk scene just for Vol. 2.

Elm_Psycho1428
wasnt there a trunk scene in vol 2. ? when Bud to her out of the trunk and then burried her???

NoFate007
Injured person inside of a car:
Dogs - Mr. Orange
Pulp - Marvin
Kill Bill - Bride "wiggle your big toe"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.