Marvel Battles:HULK vs. Green Goblin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Asian Hulk
Bruce Banner makes angry become the Hulk.because Green Goblin kidnapped General Ross.so Betty needs help and tried to saved his father's life from Green Goblin.because Norman Osborne,the father of Harry.known as the Green Goblin is the arch-nemesis to Spidey.

Magee
Not another stupid vs thread.
The hulk wins as he has a base strength of about 75 tons wich would increase as goblin boy threw his stupid bombs and ramed him with his glider. Hulk smashes green goblin in the face, WHAM, knocked out cold. lol laughing

Arachnoidfreak
HULK SMASH!

SuperNova
Oh my god...
Someone close this...
its this simple.
Gobby SUCKS.

WWestFlashFan
i wont even answer that

SuperDarryl
Any one of the different Hulks would annihilate The Green Goblin. Mindless Hulk would destroy him, Grey Hulk would crush him, smart Hulk would kick the crap out of him. This is an oblvious post man, people must have forgotten how strong the Hulk is.

eleveninches
Is this thread meant to be a joke?

SuperNova
does she know anything about the heroes and villains of marvel and dc?

VENOMfan
Im probably the only guy here who likes the Goblin and is thinking about this seriously.

A)Green Goblin is brilliant, do you really think he would get close enuf to Hulk for Hulk to "Smash" him?

NO

B) Could Hulk even get close to Goblin?
the Glider flies at 90mph and can go up to 4000 ft in the air, and dont tell me Hulk is going to jump up and grap him Goblin can evade Spiderman on that glider dont even tell me he cant evade Hulk.

so NO again.

could Goblin repeatedly bombard Hulk with a huge variety of Bombs?
he has explosive, flash bangs everything you can think of.

please Goblin might not be able to kill Hulk becuase of his powerfull regeneration but I garuntee Hulk will know hes beaten and give up before Goblin would.

SuperNova
Eh, Youd be surprised Mr. Fan.
The hulk doesnt give up. Think mindless animal.
If the hulk gets annoyed, he gets frustarated, if he gets frustarated, he gets mad. Real mad.
Think fly, Buzzing around you, and your trying to hit it, and you cant. You get mad. Cept we dont get stronger, and meaner, and more ferocious when were mad, we just get a little more skilled because of adrenaline. The hulk turns awfully mad.
Hed get so annoyed, so terribly mad at this fly buzzing about shooting him with "Pinches" all over his body, hed probably go warhulk, and warhulk is unstoppable, virtually. The hulk would turn the tides very quickly at this tiny fly about him. And hed be shooting around running at super speeds, roaring as he picks up giant objects, hurling them at hundreds of miles of hours at goblin. Hed be jumping thousands of feet, and running almost with the flash by this stage, when he still hasnt hit the goblin. Hed go so insane, thats all that would be in his mind is stopping goblin. Hed probably pick up people around him, being warhulk, shattering them with even a grab, and tossing them straight at goblin. He would easily hit him at this stage of insane madness. And if he didnt, well. The shits gonna hit the fan, because hes gonaa get so mad, so horribley frustarated... Well, lets just say hed be doing anything to get goblin, this includes killing countless people to get to him.
Anyways, if the hulk gets mad enough to go Warhulk, hed probably wouldnt stand a chance, goblin, hed be a can of cream corn quiet quickly.

VENOMfan
Hulk would give up, mindless animal is still a animal.

Hulk was turned into Warhulk by Apocolypse it was not a natural manifestation. even so Hulk would never get close enuf to do any damage.

those Pumkin bombs would do a lot more than "annoy" Hulk.

and where does Hulks speed come into this? His power will increase yeah but after a certin stage he will not be running any faster than he usually can.

Im still waiting to see a legit reason stating how Hulk can even get close to Goblin even tho it would not happen.

SuperNova
A mindless animal doesnt give up... im talking MINDLESS, not like the dinosaurs in jurassic park which frenzy and go nuts at the cages, and stop and walk around a bit, He wouldnt stop.
His calf muscles enlarge too Mr.Fan, Therefore he would be running quicker as his muscles enlarged.
Yes, it would be hard for the hulk to get to goblin, but wh WOULD get to him. he would do what ever it takes! Were not thinking about just any normal person with perfect rational thought. Were thinking about a machine programmed to kill at any cost, theres no room to program it to stop.

VENOMfan
ok if Hulk's speed increases how come this has never been a major influence in his fights? find a single issue where Hulk grabbed somebody out of thin air.

Human torch,Rouge anybody

and look obviously your dumbing down Goblin he was one of the most dangerous villians Spidey has ever faced. do you really belive hes gonna Job to Hulk?

Strength Level: Somewhat less than Spider-Man's (lift (press) 10 tons)
Powers: The Goblin formula dramatically increased Osborn's intellect, although not to superhuman levels. His reflexes, and coordination are heightened. His strength is superhuman.
Abilities: Adept at organization. A genius when it came to chemistry and mechanical gadgets.
Equipment: The vertical-thrust goblin glider, which was powered by a miniature turbo-fan. It could go up to 90 miles per hour and support 400 pounds.
Weapons: Concussive, smoke, gas and incendiary bombs. Gloves capable of conducting pulses of electricity upwards of 10,000 volts. Gas and chemicals able to numb Spider-Man's spider-sense.
Limitations: Not quick enough to avoid malfunctioning goblin gliders. Insanity (mitigated by medicated dermal patches)

yeah he is fully capable of knocking Hulk out. it has been done before

SuperNova
Ok, So, He may be capable of beating the hulk. But when you really think about it, One on one. Lets pretend his glider only goes 15 feet into the air. But he still has access to all his weaponry and his intellect. Now, Mr.Fan propose they were on the ground fighting, even with his weapons hed be nothing, you see, hes nothing to the hulk without his glider! Now, Mr.Fan, think if he didnt have his weapons, itd only take on punch! Mr.Fan... Muhah... Muhahahahah.

VENOMfan
of course Hulk could kill Goblin with one punch Mr. Nova.

or Mr. Super, or perhaps Mr. Taco?

SuperNova
Im not the one who changed his name! Fan.

VENOMfan
well Im done disscussing it here, we will continue this in PM.

venomfan to VENOMfan. big change there I might as well go by Larry

SuperNova
Are you offended mr.fan Its not my fault you decided to change your name! Mr.Fan

who?-kid
Hm, when written well, it could be a gripping fight. At first I thought the Green Goblin was absolutely no match for the Hulk (just too strong and tough), but despite the fact that I'm still convinced the Hulk would probably win, it also could end in a draw.

The Green Goblin is by some considered the arch nemesis of Spider-Man, and he's awesome and superfast on his glider !! Somebody who gives Spider-Man so much trouble, can also give the Hulk trouble (maybe not that much, but you get the idea). Oh yeah, let's not forget his trump card, his intelligence => Gobbie is real cunning too, and by all odds smarter than the Hulk. And he "drives" that glider very well, has some nice weapons, has super strength and he can avoid Hulk jumping at him all day, if he has to.

I don't think he can win a fight against the Hulk (doesn't matter which Hulk, gray one, professor Hulk, mindless Hulk...), but under normal conditions, he should be able to hold his own.

SuperDarryl
Come on man, The Green Goblin is no match for The Hulk. Green Goblin is cool with his exploding pumpkins, air glider, and bezerk personality. He's got super-human strength, I don't know what class. But point being is that he's not a class 100 villan like Juggernaut or something.

Mindless hulk could knock Green Goblin out with one punch easily killing him effortlessly. The Hulk could keep jumping around until he caught him. Or if he couldn't catch him then, mindless hulk would get angry enough to just hurl things at him until he knocked him out of the sky.

This match in my opnion The Green Goblin could never win. Think of it like this, how could the Green Goblin damage The Hulk. The Hulk is to durable and powerful for Green Guy. The way that I imagine this fight turning out is Green Goblin just annoying The Hulk, Hitting him with explosives making him even angrier. Hulk would eventually annihilate Green Goblin and end this fight.

Wynndar
hulk could knock out the goblin by simply clapping his hands....Goblin could not knock out the Hulk...

SuperNova
Sorry to dissapoint you fello's but Mr.fan is right in this occasion. Ya see, The goblin has acess to all sorts of deadly chemicals, even some that can dull or even stop spidermans spidersense, if he got in the oppurtune time to gas him, hed be done for... I bealive there was a comic book about that with batman or something... And bealive me, Goblin has more weapons than just his pumpkin bombs! Yes, he can and actually has hurt the hulk to the point where he retreated in one comic with spider-man in it, but it didnt hurt him to the point where he went back into banner.
Hulk WOULD without a doubt crush goblin, but remember, greeny has several options at his disposal!

Wynndar
yea but all this stuff happened long ago....old school hulk was much more vulnerable than the modern version...nowadays it doesnt even seem possible to knock Hulk out...if Hulk can withstand blows from Mjolnir then he can take the Goblin...

Arachnoidfreak
it isnt just about who can take blows. Goblin can use gases. like knockout gas, tear gas, nerve gas, mustard gas, etc. once Hulk breathes enough of it in, he's down for the count.

SuperNova
And not only gases, But once he uses those he can trap the hulk, fire a verage of misslies and anti-tanking shit at him, all sorts of options for goblin! Im sorry, but even the modern hulk can be taken down.

Wynndar
yes he can...obviously...but even old school Hulk cannot be taken out by simple gas....it would require some serious prep time to prepare a gas that could knock out the Hulk...I know Osborne is pretty smart....but even the Leader whose intellect dwarfs the goblin's, found it very difficult to exploit old school Hulk's weaknesses...If one could simply take down the Hulk with gas and anti-tank weapons...the Goblin has nothing more advanced than SHIELD or the rest of the military...if thats all it took he woulda been captured and killed by General Ross a long time ago.

VENOMfan
Yeah I mean even I wasnt assumeing Goblin would make a fool out of,Kill or even truly beat Hulk. Its just if the two go at it I see Hulk getting plasterd and eventually leaving. Gobby could probably whip Bombs at Hulk and love it.

my entire argument boils down to.... Goblin can attack Hulk continusly and rather easily with rather High Tech weapons, where Hulk realisticly might not even get CLOSE to landing a single hit

even tho Leader is probably leap years beyond Norman as far as intellegence goes Goblin is plenty cappable of creating a "Hulk buster" pumkin bomb. He is intellegent enuf to create a tool to circumvent Spider-sense a mental abilitie, Im sure he can pack some serious Nitro into a Pumkin Bomb.

a real fight on the other hand would be too Let Pro. Hulk and Goblin take time to make some really nasty artilery. but that would probably result in nuclear winter

Wynndar
oh also i remeber someone mention when has hulk's speed been an issue...hulk has grabbed fighter jets and spaceships out of the sky...even if the goblin is too fast for hulk...i dont think he could make the hulk look slow...he has superhuman speed too...he is actually faster than spiderman in my opinion...technically he could outrun spiderman or the goblin...Spiderman has his spidersense at least...but Hulk's reflex's would out class the goblin's

dwarfvader
brucie!!!!!!!! Happy Dance

VENOMfan
true true, Hulk is faster as far as pure foot speed goes. and Hulk could just Hop away from Goblin. Hulk gets pissed and boing! he leaves gobby in the dust 3 miles back.

But Hulk isnt to gracefull and that is what would be his downfall. Hulk could jump up and snatch Goblin but Norman can hang with Spiderman and his kid Harry fought Hobgoblin and Spidey simultainiusly((and defeated Hobgoblin)) and Norman is definetly more formidable than Harry.

If Hulk leaped at Goblin im sure Goblin would move a little to the side and pop a pumkin bomb in his grill while luaghing at him((His luagh is a weapon but how it works I have no clue))

Alos Goblin has enhanced sense his sense were enhanced due to the formula. errr hard to explain......
Hulk is faster, Stronger, basically the all around package. Goblin would see Hulk's attacks before Hulk would see Goblins BUT Hulk can avoid the attacks better than Goblin. that's kinda give or take there.......

It would be a entertainign scuffel to watch.

Wynndar
yes goblin's reflexes were increased to an enhanced human level...however, Hulk is reflexes r superhuman and still faster...if u dont think that the transformation into the Hulk increased his reflexes more dramatically than the Goblin's by the formula...then i dont know what to say

VENOMfan
are we talking about reflexs or reaction speed?

granted Hulk has better reflexs but he cant possibly have enhanced reaction speed.

Wynndar
i dont see why not...he is basically the most suped up Mortal there is...his reflexes and reaction speed and true speed are just maybe a notch below Thor or some non earthlings or quicksilver and other extremely super fast guys...unless he's really mad then he probably is faster than Thor...mindless Hulk was too fast for Iron man, Namor, Wonderman, and Herculese to defend themselves...by the way...Hulk has gone after spiderman when he had a gamma virus and was ragging after him....spiderman could barely evade him...and was a much greater threat than the goblin was

VENOMfan
Hulk cannot have enhanced reation Speed becuase that is a psychic abilitie. Spider-sense such is enhanced reaction speed is really Pre-cognition.

Hulk could be the most cranked out physical Mortal on earth. but thats not somthing Goblin needs to concern himself with. Hulk may have spooked Spiderman but Ive read issues where Spiderman has thrown dozens of punches and they connected easily. sure the effect was much less than satisfactory.

example. Wolverine can hit Hulk he's done it plenty of times, its not diffucult, they just dont have enuf gas to hold out against Hulk.

Goblin would not need to trade blows.
the Glider can fly at 4000 ft In the Air and 90mph. Sure Hulk can jump into the atmosphere or run really fast. but the second his feet leave the ground he has no control over where he goes. he is a sitting duck, or leaping duck if you will. Goblin moves hits him with a variety of weapons, gas'es even his electric gloves then when Hulk lands he does it again.

VENOMfan
Well I must sign off, oddly enuf this is probably one of the best VS threads that have been in this forum in some time.

also I hope this remains a friendly disscussion. VS threads tend to sart arguments and that would be a shame becuase your cool in my book Wynndar.

<<VENOMfan>>

Wynndar
i agree

who?-kid
I will repeat myself, and at the same time make some things more clear (by the way, I like the Hulk better) :

Without prep-time : Hulk crushes him, and it won't be much of a fight. He will kick his ass into oblivion without thinking about it.

With prep-time : Green Goblin has a chance, and will certainly hold his own against the big green man. He's too smart for the Hulk, and I THINK Gobbie is too fast also. Some people tend to underestimate him, but I don't.

But I don't think he can really beat the Hulk. But maybe he can humiliate him, that's also some kind of victory wink.

That's all folks.

VENOMfan
Im glad some people has sense here. thats the reason I put up the argument for Goblin.

the blatent disrespect for one of the geatest Villains ever....
needless to say I was pissed.

Goblin IMO can ceritinly put Hulk in his place. but from a safe distance, Hulk could easily crush him in a hand to hand encounter

Never
Hulk wins with or without prep time.

Like Hulk will sit there and INHALE all of the damn gas. He has survived in DEEP SPACE before. He has survived when he was FROZEN. I guess that means Hulk can hold his breath, eh?

Venom, the thing about Hulk's jumping ability is that he is able to overtake an ICBM in mid-flight. Do you know how fast they (ICBMs) travel? 8. Kilometers. Per. SECOND.

That's...DAMN fast. Gobby is not avoiding that.

Hulk lacks "true superspeed," but he is deceptively quick. Gobby vs. Spiderman, Daredevil, Kraven The Hunter is a much more fair matchup.

VENOMfan
well I see what your saying but I still think Goblin would pull out some sort of trick.

I am fully aware that the moment Hulk gets a hold of Goblin it would be over, I just think as long as he's been around on that glider hes learned how to avoid somebody like Hulk for a little while.

Ill try to think of a better vs thread for Goblin

Never
I'm sure Gobby could keep Hulk at bay for a little while with his bombs/explosives, but if/when Hulk starts tossing cars, dumpsters, light posts, statues, and Rosie O'Donnels at him - what can he do?

As far as him dodging Hulk, can you think of anyone Gobby has faced that moves that quickly?

For the sake of comparison, I stated that an ICBM travels at a velocity of 8 kilometers per second.

A bullet from a rifle travels at ~2,700 feet per second. Any of you who have taken chemistry remember dimensional analysis?

Blah, ~3,280 feet in a kilometer. Let's cheat and round them both off.

Our bullet = ~3,000 feet per second; our ICBM (we got it from Walmart) travels at 6 km/s ("An extremely rapid response is required to detect and destroy ballistic missiles owing to their high flying speed (depending on the range of fire, the ICBM speed on the final leg constitutes 6-7 km/s."wink http://www.aviation.ru/PVO/PRO/).

Let's say there are 3,000 feet in a kilometer also. The Hulk has OVERTAKEN an ICBM in flight, so he is jumping at Gobby at a speed 6 times as fast as a bullet.

Do you reaaally think Gobby can dodge that? stick out tongue

Arachnoidfreak
Rosie O'Donnels!! laughing ...Walmart... rolling on floor laughing

VENOMfan
Goblin probably couldnt, but that is THEE craziest thing Ive ever heard Marvel printing.

I mean if Hulk can routinley move faster than Quicksilver Id hope they level Hulk off, they already have god's in marvel. I liked Hulk when he was a insane brute with mad healing but this is becoming a little much

but then again Radioactive Spider bite granting Super powers instead of tumors seems about right.

Arachnoidfreak
granting tumors laughing out loud

SuperDarryl
I think enviornment has everything to do with a fight like this. If the hulk and green goblin were to meet up in the city with sky skrappers and stuff, I"am pretty sure The Hulk would have enough items at his disposal to chuck at Green Goblin, expically if he's the mindless Hulk, look out! You would see cars flying, trucks, buses, light poles, chunks of street, pretty much anything Hulk gets his hands is potenitally a weapon against Green Goblin. Eventually The Hulk would catch him with something. He could chase Green Goblin threw the city jumping at him, grabbing things on the way to hit him with, running full speed hurling cars at him. I just imagine a city in ruins if a fight like this ever happens. And yeah, you say that gas will take out the Hulk, and I say not so easy. Hulk could just hold his breath and jump out, or run out of the gas. I just can't bring myself to believe that Green Goblin is just going to throw a tank of gas at Hulk and hulk is just going to pass out. I seriously doubt that would happen. Now in the desert it's a different story. Goblin definitly has the edge being on that bad azz glider of his. Being able to fly at whatever distance or range towards the Hulk wants. He could throw, hurl, and luanch dozens of pumpkin grenades at The Hulk, don't know how much damage a half dozen pumpkin bombs would do on impact. But still it would be a fun battle to watch the 2 of them go at it.

VENOMfan
Well Im thinking Hulk is out of Normans grasp if they just decided to fight.

perhaps If he sided with Hobgoblin and Demogoblin((even tho thats imposible)maybe they could do it.

LeAtHerRFace
Great Thread! big grin

Wynndar
never is right....more proof that the Hulk is probably the fastest mortal in the MU

muffin man
doesn't the green goblin have knock out gas in a doll bomb

K3VIL
Why no one doesn't deactivate or ban Asian Hulk?He spam dumb threads.

lightaxe
wow this thread is awesome ^_^

Wei Phoenix
Norman nerve gases him.

Bouboumaster
wtf is this spite thread.

Hulk one-shot Norman and all his ancestors.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.