Lilly, the adopted daughter...?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

megajoint
Lilly description was nothing similar to Petunia.
Lilly looks: dark red hair,bright green eyes,petite
Petunia looks:blond hair,horse face, tall (I think..)

IMO Lilly was adopted because her parents were proud of her when they found out she's a witch...proud.... that's the key word here u can explain why they were in 3 different possibilities:
1)They can be proud because they ,like herm parents, supportive and thinking magic is cool
2)They might be from long generation of squibs and finally there is a witch in the family...
3)Because their adopted daughter is gifted with magic (unlike petunia)

The best part in this theory is that maybe Lilly was from DD familly his daughter or his brother daughter(their looks aka red hair) or connected to the weasley family somehow...
(isn't ron said somthing about it in book 1 on the ride to hogwarts..)
the only flaw is DD tells harry that noone left from his family but the dursley's
but DD can't be always right maybe he is wrong....maybe he somehow lost contact with her or lost her when she was a baby....
smokin' smokin' Happy Dance
(and If someone think DD would have known his own grand granddaughter by looks he might not recognise her ,think about the possibility that she looks nothing alike DD or wealey's but the hair)

-------
on another note maybe james was family relate(like uncle) to snape (or my nickname for him "exploding snap" LOL rolling on floor laughing )...?
because all pure blood related somehow....search for clues 4 it .....

punkyhermy
yeah i totally agree with that!i hope it's like that!

tigress
You make a very good point, as far as dd saying thst the dursleys are the only family he has left , it could bepossible that dd hasn't revealed himself as a relative to protect harry after all we no nothing about dd family I for one think that dd may be the heir of gryffindor as jkr has already said that harry isnt what do you think guys.

danis4ever
that's good!

RoguePw25
that is a very good point and could quit possibly be true. That makes sense.

megajoint
Tnx guys and gals 4 the support.....

I Love Sirius
Sorry, but Lily and Petunia were real sisters. We know this because Dumbledore told Harry that at the end of Order of the Phoenix. Remember when he was explaining about the magic that he put on their family (the Dursley's) and that as long as Harry still called it home, Voldemort couldn't touch him there. And he did it because Petunia had the same blood as Lily. So in accepting Harry, she sealed the charm that he put on their house. But of course, there's still a back story as to why Petunia was so jealous as a kid and Lily was still going to school.

big gay kirk
OMG!!!! Based on this evidence, I was adopted... my brother is blond, I'm dark... my son is a redhead... my dad is bald... I'm taller than anyone else in my family...

megajoint
LOLLLLLLL but there is some resemblence 4 sure admit it
and "I Love Sirius" I don't know why this evidence puff my mind...
so let's drop that line sad
so here delete this:
option number 3....
-------------------------
can't they be a half sisters?
her father or her mother cheating on the other....with DD/weasly descended...
----------------------------

punkyhermy
yeah big gay kirk has a point.Dumbledore did say that so...there goes another theory!

I Love Sirius
Even though they are related, you know that there still has to be some back story there that will reveal why Petunia is the way she is. I mean, how weird was it when she said that Dementors were the one's who guarded Azkaban, the Wizard Prison? Wow! That blew my mind. So you know that she obviously knows more than she's letting on! wink

angelsflame265
well.... I have a twin sister and we look nothing a like, i have brown hair, brown eyes, and i'm kinnda short, shes tall with blonde hair, and blue eyes, with plus she also looks nothing like the rest of my family so. . . yea

pinkduckie
hey af265

your sooo true my twin sister is taller m brown hair blue eye, natural skin color long face,neck and legs.... me blond green eyes ivory skin heart face short neck short legs...

my brother has bright red hair!! so family can look nothing alike!!!!!!!

but i mean i never thought of adoption.. cuz look at their names..petunia and lilly... both flowers!

hhhhr
i don't think she was adopted, harry is protected because of the blood they share so yeah

celestial_moon
yah it was confirmed in OotP

megajoint
PEOPLE read my fix in the third reply!!!!!!
and then write ur reply.....

If I was mod I would have changed the original post and it's name....

punkyhermy
u know, am i the only one who thinks the apparent relationship between lily and petunia is weird.I mean c;mon! how many sisters actually hate eachother like that only because of some jealousy!i think there's a deeper reason petunia hates lily so fiercely, or that does she even hate lily like she claims to?! It just doesn't make any sense to me!

eezy45
yep that was what i thought after reading the first post. no, it mightn't be.

I Love Sirius
Yeah, I think too that it's weird that Petunia hated Lily, but like I said, there's obviously some back story that we don't know of yet. All I said is that neither of them could be adopted by the charm that Dumbledore put on the Dursley's house. On an earlier post, I did express my thoughts on this, that of course there was something about Petunia that we are going to find out.

angelsflame265
yeah there is still a lot we don't know about Petunia, for all we know she could have liked james and stuff, and thats why shes so mad (hmm good fanfic topic. . .) but yea we just have to wait. . and wait

big gay kirk
Petunia is actually Harry's real mother... Lily couldn't have kids, so Petunia became a surrogate, and carried James's child... she then resented having to give the child up, and thats why she is always so angry... yes, I know Dudley was born around the same time, but magic was used to put Harry in Petunia's womb alongside... even more reasons for Petunia to feel resentful towards the wizard world...

angelsflame265
wow somebody thought this through

I Love Sirius
laughing

Someone needs to lay off the Harlequin Romance Novels!

airangel
I think maybe Lily and Petunia had different dad's or mom's......... maybe they are connected through one same parent.......

What'd be even weirder is if they were half-sisters what if Tom Riddle was related through blood........

It'd make sense b/c he was an orphan. He despises his father....maybe him and Lily had the same dad.

I think it's possible.......

angelsflame265
I don't. A lot of people are saying this because of how diffrent lily and petunia seem. But that happens a lot of times, me and my twin are as diffrent as night and day. We don't look alike and we don't act alike. But were still twins

fanatos
Maybe you are right. Because it's said that Harry is a true wizard without muggles in his family. That means Lilly and her whole family were wizards, but Petunia is indeed a muggle. eek!

pixie1
petunia and lilly are full sisters but they might not have been related to there mom and dad they might have both been adopted when the real parents died ?
the resentmant and hate could be b/c there adopted parents loved lilly more even b4 she became a witch and when she did petunia just got ignored?

angelsflame265
where'd it say this?

Phoenix Wing

Phoenix
A excellent theory!

BUT...

Dumbledore says that Harry's protection is all about BLOOD... his MOTHER's blood... He only stays safe from Voldie when he is in the house of someone who shares his mother's blood -- PETUNIA. Therefore, Petunia HAS to share Lily's blood - they have to be biological sisters

ArrghPirateGirl
Yup thas right

airangel
This is good, this shows why Petunia hates Lily so much. If she could lie to Harry she probably lied to Vernon and told him that her parents were indeed muggles, b/c she didn't want to lost him once she found out her family is full of witches.

That could explain why she BABIES Dudley so much. Especially when he has a temper.....maybe she's afraid he's got a bit of wizardness in him.

J.K. shows his OUTRAGEOUS temper in the 1st book. I wonder if he'll be a squib...............

ArrghPirateGirl
Yeah and there is a fact that 1 of the characters will get magic late in life. Petunia or Dudley.....I like dat theory big grin

ladygrim
sounds like a good idea ... then you could put two rumours together really ... lily adopted / lily voldys daughter

angelsflame265
voldermort is the last living relitive of slytherin. lily can't be his daughter because then harry would have to be

airangel
What if Lily and Petunia's parents adopted Voldemort??? Tom got rid of his name b/c of his muggle father (which was probably biological).... also we haven't heard anything about Harry's grandparents.......

I wonder if Voldemort is related to Harry/Lily/Petunia through adoption........AND why does he fear Dumbledore so much............

angelsflame265
Voldermort would've been around 20 when lily and petunia were born, he went to school 50 years ago, and even then he was 15 when we saw him in the flash back. Thats past the legal age of adoption

airangel
k......then him and one of lily's parents could have grown up in the same house...him being taken in by Lily's family somehow...that would explain his resistance to want to kill her..................... b/c her family was there for him when his family was not.............. make sense.................. (but then again we are talking about a guy that kills and doesn't care......)

ArrghPirateGirl
Yeah yes All good theory's big grin

Lady_Eowyn3
what voldy meant when he talked to harry was not that he didn't want to kill harry's mother but that she didn't have to die, two completely different things, basically if lily had moved out of the way she would have survivedbut b/c she refused, she was killed, voldy came for a target and he just killed anyone that got in the way of him ancd his target. lily was pretty insignificant, he didn't care what happened to her, she posed no threat to him at all she just didn't let him get to harry. also i think probably either hagrid, filch or mrs. figg will learn magic b/c lily and petunia are full blooded sisters and they come from a muggle background, if lily and petunia's family were indeed wizards, then snape would not have called lily a mudblood in the 5th book in snape's worst memory.

ArrghPirateGirl
but wat we r sayin....This guy kills 4 no reson.its not like he cared if she was dead or not big grin

Wat I want 2 no is about the 3 times Lilly and James defided Voldie big grin

Lady_Eowyn3
what i think hapened is basicaly, he came into the room really confidant knowing he was going to kill the only one thatcould ever harm him and lilywas standing infront of the crib so voldy says "get out of the way" then lily says "no you will not hurt harry"(or something t that extent) then voldy says "ok, bye avada kedavra" and then he proceeds to harry
so lily didn't hafta die, but he had no trouble killng her just the same

airangel
true

ArrghPirateGirl
Yup yes

ladygrim
smile

ArrghPirateGirl
^ U write a lot dont u big grin^

ladygrim
how me ...

pixie1
if lilly and petunia were adopted as babys or small children then they wouldnt know they were pure bloods so snape knowing that lillys adopted parent were muggles would call here a mudblood

most children dont find out there adopted till there 18 so not even lilly would know

does that make sence??

ArrghPirateGirl
Uh....Yes blink

~Air Angel~
true

ladygrim
a lil bit of sense

Daredevil-04
did james put up a good fight with voldy?

ladygrim
obviously not ...

Daredevil-04
lilly could of moved and still been alive

ladygrim
,myb but voldy mite of found were eva she was

Daredevil-04
go to hogwarts they should of voldy is sceard of dumbledoor he would of got his ass kicked

ladygrim
most defintly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.