Fozzy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
Anybody ever hear them? They are surprisingly good. It is WWE's Chris Jerhico's band (and I'm not a fan of wrestling either). They are a perfect replica of 80's hair metal bands. Songs to check out are Eat the Rich, Balls to the Wall, and their remake of Genie in a Bottle.

big gay kirk
Eat the Rich... what the Motorhead song? Somehow its not what I imagined our favourite Muppet Bear doing after the show finished...

big gay kirk
And why is everyone covering "Genie in a Bottle..." first that Scottish band, then the Qmix version, now Fozzy... rumour has it that Britney Spears is going to do a cover of it... at least that'll stop Christina Aguilera getting her hands on it...

RebelPhoenix
I've never really appreciated Fozzy, I saw them perform once on WWE and then decided to check out some of the tracks but it didn't do anything for me, it felt like it was just droning on and I'm not keen on his vocals. Personally, I prefer Jericho as a wrestler smile

Myth
Do you like 80s hair metal or did you just want to hear Jericho? If your not a fan of the style (which many aren't) there is no way you'd like them just because of who it is. But if you like the style, they are just as good as any of the other 80 hair metal bands IMO.

RebelPhoenix
I'm not a big fan of Hair metal but for me personally that doesn't mean I'm going to be totally closed towards possibly liking it, there have been plenty of occassions where something I didn't like before grew on me afterwards for whatever reason. However, in this case I it didn't. I listened to it primarily because I heard of them through Jericho and I was a fan of his at the time but that really didn't have anything directly to do with my opinion of the music - it was just a link to a band I hadn't heard of. Other bands I've listened to because of people I 'liked/knew' beforehand who were in them I've liked and were in genres not usual for me - so this was just a case of me not liking it period, not because it's in a genre I'm generally not into.

Myth
I'm just saying it would be harder to like them if its 'generally' not your genre. They really don't bring anything knew or unique to the table of hair metal so you'd kind of have to like hair metal in general.

loserib
hells yeah fozzy are bad ass the rest of the band were menbers from stuck mojo their new album is all origanals this time have you heard dont you wish you were me its great im going to moday night raw tonght and cris is got a cage match with cristian i cant wait

RebelPhoenix
I know that's what you're saying Myth and I can see the validity of it smile
I'm just saying, it's not like that from my perspective, things are more on an individual level for me and my general tastes aren't defined by genre. For example, I'm not a black metal fan really and alot of it's composition and concepts don't agree with me in the slightest - I can safely say that - but I do like some bands such as Ancient Rites, Enslaved, Ulver, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Venom and Moonsorrow but other ones that make up the black metal genre and set standards in it can simply rub me the wrong way.

So basically, I think that regardless of it's genre, I could have liked Fozzy if they had something that apealed to me and this is where your point about them not offering anything new comes in - because it was on more singular level to me where they droned on in comparison to themselves not to the genre they belong in and even if they did I couldn't say for sure because I don't have that much experience with Hair metal. But that's just my opinion and maybe I will like them in the future, who knows but as for now I don't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.