Superman vs Thor vs Spawn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VENOMfan
Here is the senario.

Its middle of the day in Los Angelous California. they city is completley evacuated so pedestrains are not in harms way.

try to take things into consideration like location daylight bla bla bla.

disscuss

Arachnoidfreak
yay! the poll is here! my vote goes to Thor. is Spawn even able to walk in daylight? anyway, he would be doubled teamed at first, and he'd lose. Thor and Superman would want to duke it out alone, leveling the city and bashing each other's faces in for hours. if Superman wasnt vulnerable to magic it would be his win, but he is, so Thor is tha winna by a knockout!

eleveninches
Im not a big fan of superman, but I have to say that he would probably win this one. Unless of course, if thor or spawn had any kryptonite.

VENOMfan
Im going to go with Spawn on this one. just becuase his power is immeasureable UNTIL he runs out of energy in witch case he dies. Mcfarelane said he can do anything he wants, his imagination is his weapon.

and as far as physical strength goes he may not be in Supe's/Thor's class but he can still move a planet with his power. the only thing he has to worry about is running out of juice.

I can see Thor taking out Supe's and then gets wrapped up in a barrage of chains and gets frikisee'd with hell fire

Arachnoidfreak
Spawn has more to worry about than that. he dies if he is decapitated, which both The Man of Steel and The God of Thunder can do, they just need a sharp object. and eleveninches, Superman isnt just weak to kryptonite, hes weak against magic too, which Thor has an abundance of.

VENOMfan
yeah Spawn can die threw decapitation, but both Superman and Thor can die that way. actually it's more of a advantage seeing how Thor and Supe's dont know.

Arachnoidfreak
noone has ever been able to get close to decapataing superman lol. i dont think anything can penetrate that deep into his body. i mean, ive never seen a giant metal pole go straight through Superman(or Thor), but ive seen Spawn impaled on a 100 foot fast food sign.

VENOMfan
Well I mean IF Superman or Thor were ever put threw the kind of punishment Spawn could take they would most likely be killed. I mean Spawn has been ripped to peices and this that and the other thing and a page later......<{ Spiffo! }> good as new.

Arachnoidfreak
yea, he has been through hell....wow. excuse the pun.

SuperDarryl
Wow, very tough thread, we have Superman fans(me), Thor fans, Spawn fans, very tough trifecta to decide a winner.

I can think of so many things that Superman could do with his powers. Or you could think of Supermans durability. The only person I've heard of to ever defeat Superman and murder him off would have to be Doomsday. But thats not the point. Superman is almost damn near invunerable, he can survive any tempature, I believe be able to almost take anyones best shot multiple times, survive without oxygen indefintly. Fly at near light speed. The more I think about how powerful he is, the harder it is for me to think of a way that he can be defeated by the 2. Yes, Superman can be takin out by kryptonite definitly. But pretty much anything else hittin him I can think of isn't going to do to much damage, or even break his skin. I mean sure you can drop a building on him, hit him with a train, nuke him, but 100 percent positive he could shake it off without a scratch. So with that having been said, Thor could strike him with lightning, attempt to suck him up with a Tornado with no effect, cause he could fly out. Summon a blizzard, rain storm etc. I know that Thors hammer is enchanted, but can the hammer damage Superman? I certainly don't think that Thor could knock Superman unconcious, he's to tough. Spawn on the other hand has some serious hell granted powers. He's got his living chains, awesome cape, superhuman strength(know where near Supermans). And the ability to do anything pertty much by imagining what he wants to do. I don't know. I might have to lean towards Superman, his track record has been to good. All Superman woud have to do to Thor is seperate Thor from his hammer, and decapitate Spawn and that would be pretty much it I think. I mean I could be wrong but I"am going to have to have some great reasoning on why either of these guys could take down the man of steel, even if Spawn and Thor were teamed up against him. I'am open to any constructive debate on this battle.

Never
*sigh*

Superman is not stronger than Thor, and may be even BELOW Thor.

If we are talking about regular Thor. Be right back with another post explaining it...

SuperDarryl
Like I said I'am open to facts and true information. I still say Superman will win.

VENOMfan
well concerning spawn being out matched physically Im positive he is. but he did kill Malbolgia, and tho it dosent seem as powerfull as Marvel/DC versions of satan taking the Throne of Hell cuased Spawns power to skyrocket.

Ive also heard he has since been removed from the throne and got his ass whipped by a VERY powerfull Redeemer. So now Im baseing this one a "If Spawn cant handle Redeemer III" he might not be able to go toe to toe with Thor

Spawn would need to wait for Thor to get whinded is my guess. becuase I think both have enuf magical powers at there dissposel to take out Superman

Never
Mmm, kind of difficult to say that what I will post are **facts.** Just conclusions drawn from previous battles. Long post. Ready?

When someone says "magic" I dont realy think they believe Superman will fall by just being in Thors presence. Its more like, fighting someone who is either your equal or slightly above or below you, who is powered by magic.

The lightning that Thor summons is magical as well. Let me see Superman withstanding a barrage of mystic lightining and repeated hits with Mjolnir.

We already know that Superman can be hurt by Thor (as evident in Avengers/JLA). That was one hit. And NO Superman was not caught off guard. Did he get up? Sort of. He was on his knees, dazed. The blow from Mjolnir caused Superman to bleed. Thats nothing to laugh at.

Thor's hammer is magical, and can nearly dent adamantium, Superman is in alot of trouble. The hammer made him bleed, which we rarely see done to him. Continous blows would cripple him.

problems hitting him or taking him apart. Gladiator has always been intended to be Marvel's Superman; an importatn thing to note is that Gladiator isn't some farm boy from Smallville with limited fighting skills. He's the best warrior of the Shi'ar, his fighting skills and warrior spirit are way beyond Superman's. And Thor has pounded Gladiator before. Adam Warlock has commented on the speed of the Odinson, saying he's as fast as the lightning he wields.

Thor's hammer can do a lot more than lightning and Supes has never been hit by lightning so powerful that it transcends multiple dimensions or lightning so powerful that it can scour the surface of planet. Thor has done feats like that and then some. >>>Thor has used his hammer to reignite a star.<<< What is Supes going to do w/ that type of power by himself?

Thor is his superior in fighting skills, energy, varied abilites and experience. They should be on par in strength. Superman IS faster, however Thor has been described as moving as fast as the lightning he creates. And he can swing Mjolnir at faster than light speeds.

All that has been in print.

Plus Thor is backed by magic (himself being a God and his weather powers being mystic in origin) and has a magical weapon.

Thors reaction time (reflexes/agility) are enhanced. Adam Warlock said he moves faster than the lightning that he creates. Adam has true super speed and was having a hard time keeping up with Thor. Thor also heals VERY fast.

Basic arguments for Thor.

Arachnoidfreak
wait wait, your tripping over yourself: "Thor has been described as moving as fast as the lightning he creates."
but then you say: "Adam Warlock said he moves faster than the lightning that he creates."
which is it? not that im arguing. Thor has the advantage over Superman either way.

Eidolon
I'd have to say the fight would come down to Thor and Spawn. Since Thor and Spawn have magical abilities they'll be able to hurt Supes + both have better overall fighting skills concering one on one combat.

The thing some people don't know about Thor, is how powerful he really is. There are many comics that don't include all of Thor's abilities making him look weaker than he is, but when he fights really tough opponent you do see him start to use all sorts of magical powers.

As for Spawn, his vast magical attack capibilties along with his much more vicious attitude and will to kill would be enough to beat Supes.

As for who would win once Supes is down I have no opinion since I don't know that much about Spawn and not a whole lot more about Thor.

Never
Cut and pasted it without editing/proofreading first. I are lazy today!

Oh! These are not my words either.

ragesRemorse
Spawn would win this battle. Even though Thor can't die. Spawn would still win. As Venom Fan pointed out the only way Spawn dies is when his hour glass runs out. Spawn does not die when he is decapitated, he just go back down to hell and has to fight his way out. Malbogia can't hold spawn due to there contract.

Thor dies when he loses his head, but like many comics before that doesnt seem to keep him away to long. Spawn would drag superman down to hell, where he would be powerless, eigther that or just enshroud the Earth in darkness blocking out the suns energy that supplies superman. And thor, oh wow he has a hammer LOL Spawn has the power of the cosmos at his disposel not to mention to mention that redeemer spawn has redeemed him making his contract with malbogia void, so he is pretty much invincible now and thor has a hammer

Spawnie
Bah , I just voted Spawn, Remorse said it all. I can't write anything worth reading, so just read above.

Arachnoidfreak
hahaha. yea, ive been known to be quite the lazy bastard.

VENOMfan
well this one went dead kinda quick, but Superman vs Thor isnt all new or anything even with Spawn in the mix the next threads should be much better....gotta go see whos lined up next.....

DeAdLy KaRnAgE
i think spawn would murder them both

DeAdLy KaRnAgE
bash

Beyonder
Hahahahaha...Spawn would murder the both of them? How? If were talking about Spawn Lord Of Hell, then I would concur. However, this is Spawn Vs. Superman Vs. Thor. Superman and Thor can duke it out hand to hand against the Hulk; let's see Spawn try that. Spawn's also slower than Superman and Thor, which basically means either Thor or Superman can slam into Spawn at superspeed and Class 100 strength - sending Spawn flying a mile away. Spawn would lose badly; his so called immensely portion of power means little to Thor or Superman. Thor wins this by the way cause his magic would over Superman.

VENOMfan
How does he loseing his throne greatly put him in a losing position? If I remember correctly his power was rechraged becuase of that. Thor and Supe's obviously out class him physically but I dont recall either of them having reality warping power's on hand. and Spawn has effortless teleportation at his disposal among virtually any ability he wants.

Spawn may not win but he certainly is not out of this fight.

but I cant trully provide a good argument right now becuase this is pretty much the extent of my Spawn knowledge. So you may as well be correct.

If not Spawn then Thor is the winner

DeAdLy KaRnAgE
He's got a point

FrothByte
thor wins. he just has too much power (he is a god). he has both superman's physical prowess and spawns 'magical' powers. spawn's powers won't mean much since i doubt he would be able to catch superman and thor because both are extremely faster. could spawn get knocked out? because if he can, he loses instantly. thor or superman could fly at him in full speed and hit him with full strength and he gets knocked out full time. he'll never know what hit him.

DeAdLy KaRnAgE
rong

Castor
Supes is definately the biggest loser here. He's too moral. He wouldnt be able to take out Spawn like that. Also, I think spawns hell powers may be classified as magic. I would think so. If so then Supes is done. Thor on the other hand would be harder. Thor isnt invulnerable, not at supermans level at least. Spawn take shis hand with those chains and its all over. No hands, no hammer. No hammer, no thor. Spawn would win because he is the best all around. Plus he has no quirks with killing people.

ragesRemorse
im sorry but thor nor superman have the power capabilities that spawn posesses. Spawn can make heavens greatest archangels comatosed with hell's mirror. the enemies spawn conquers on a regular basis are the nightmares that the foes of superman and thor have. with heavens might, the hell summon, and hells mirror. Spawn can take his enemies between Reality and time, in Hell and his hour glass. Superman and thor are very much outclassed. With heavens might spawn can match the physical attributes of whom ever he is fighting. Seeing how he moves through shadows, that gives him the advantage in speed. That proves this one sided match without even going into Spawns special abilities.

however.seeing how thor and spawn are both immortal it mght almost be a draw, if Spawn wouldnt drag thor down into hell and leave him there

Arachnoidfreak
When did Spawn become immortal!? what happened to decapitation and energy drain!?

wolverine8888
ok if superman can move at the speed of light like many of u say there no way he could lose if he move superfast but if he truly doesent during fights then I bet he lose but itdepends I never seen superman fight at super speed but then i see him race the flash makes no sense lol

FrothByte
look, even without his hammer, thor is one of the strongest men in the marvel universe. his strength is comparable to the hulk. so with or without hammer, thor is still definitely formidable

wolverine8888
dude if superman move at the speed of light he no match and he turns human with otu his hammer ina couple of minuts

FrothByte
depends on which thor your talking about (he has lots of reincarnations). i do think present day thor remains as thor even without his hammer... im not sure tho

Never
Bullshit, Thor does NOT turn into Blake without his damn hammer.

Superman cannot fly at the speed of light on earth, one; two, Thor could simply DRAIN his ass with Mjolnir.

Beyonder
DeAdLy KaRnAgE

rong

How is FrothByte wrong?

Even if Thor is dragged to Hell, he'll get out. He's fought Mephisto before and got out of that realm of hell. As for wrapping those chains around Thor's hands, the chains would either be broken or Spawn would get thrown by Thor yanking on the chains WITH his CLASS 100 strength. And what enemy has Spawn defeated that puts him above Superman or Thor, Thor's beaten Surfer as well.

FrothByte
Im glad that there are people who realize just how powerful thor is.

norrin radd
BS, every time these two have fight, no one has really won
and in my opinion thor can only defeat the surfer with the odin power.

FrothByte
arguable. but back to the thread... spawn has a lot of power, but there is no way to prove that he has more power than thor. more variety definitely, but im not sure spawn has anything as powerful as thor's godly essence blast.

wolverine8888
so superman can't fly super fast ur saying also in the gunlet fight thro lsot his hammer I thought and turn human but is this thor a diffrent one

wolverine8888
thor lost his hammer I ment to say sorry

ragesRemorse
Spawn may not be completly immortal, but he is still immortal while his hour glass is full, and when it does empty, he is more than most likely going to become a warrior for heaven. Kalo said that heaven appreciates his actions of protecting lives and saving the angels. He said if his future actions become pure, all sins wil be forgiven. Spawn has gained a shit load of powers aafter making allies with the angels. Powers that thor could only dream of possessing.

just the fact that Spawn has heavens might, which allows him to match his enemies physical ability,and his powers of the cosmos are fact enough that spawn beats thor like a little school bi-tch

DeAdLy KaRnAgE
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak

When did Spawn become immortal!? what happened to decapitation and energy drain!?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats better than not being mortal and who would dare try to get around spawns neck

JuggernautFan
ummmm ok............. have you read the battles? surfer being a pacifist has been beaten nearly every time they fought. plus SS even admitted had he not been upgraded that he would be no match for thor.......................

Arachnoidfreak
i stopped collecting Spawn after he and Angela battled Urizen, so im a little behind.

Wynndar
yea Spawn has been dramatically upgraded for being such a "good guy"....basically he can fight anyone, Thor, Superman, and Heaven will grant him as much strength as he 'needs'...however, im not sure if this power is active right now, or if it becomes active after he runs out of time as Spawn.

FrothByte
i don't know too much about spawn, but if your sending him to battle with this new found heavenly power of his, then let the thor who battles him be the thor with the odin force. (so that its fair)

Wynndar
thats not the point...it doesnt really matter how strong or suped up Thor or superman r...with Spawn's heavenly power, i dont think he can actually have his ass kicked...as lon as he is doing good

Arachnoidfreak
fighting other superheroes, not villains, isnt exactly 'doing good'. Thor and Superman do what they can to help innocents. goodguy vs good guy vs good guy kinda cancels out the part where he is doing 'good'. i mean, thats like a police officer fighting a firefighter fighting a doctor.

Wynndar
hahaha
good point....i dont really know how it works...Spawn doesnt have these powers yet....so i dont have a good reference

Never
*yawn*

You mean the same Silver Surfer who damn near killed Orion, Darkseid's son? Eternal pacifist, eh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Silver Surfer destroys Thor if he so wishes.

Beyonder
Let's not argue O.K; both are equally powerful. The point is that these two are on a cosmic level and above Spawn.

FrothByte
with the speed at which superman and thor move i doubt they would have problems at getting around spawns neck. spawn doesn't move anywhere near as fast as these two do.

Lenord
Correct me if I am wrong but couldn't Spawn just teleport them all to hell through the many gateways he knows of. And once there without the yellow sun of earth would Superman not loose his powers very quickly (I might be wrong). And then he could just leave them there and let the denesinse of Hell deal with them.

Ironman 66
spawn or thor

Mane
i think Thor wins.

big grin

Spawnie
Remorse plz stop writing all this stuff cuz u just confused me badly. I haven't read all those US issues yet, the Italian bastards stopped printing it for a while. I stopped at the point when Al returned to earth without memory. After Cogliostro took the throne. Damn dude u just told me the happenings of 20 issues. Good lord I have missed so much.
Not to worry, as it seems I'm going to San francisco for a year of College, so I'm gonna upgrade my Spawn comics pronto!

I haven't read all the latest of sPAWN BUT I'm sure that Thor can't beat him. They might have a helluva fight but he just can't match Spawn's abilities. As RagesRemorse said Spawn has faught enemies that could make dr Doom piss his pants.

Lenord
Heaven already offered him redemtion and forgivness and was offered a chance to join them, but he turned them down saying he doesn't care about Heaven or Hell, that they were both the same, and goes on to warn them that Earth is his domain and that he would fight both heaven and hell to protect it.

Isn't there also a third faction besides Heaven and Hell that represents Earth and does not want the final battle to take on Earth. Didn't they also grant Spawn some power over mother nature/earth?

If it was when Spwan had the power of the Devil and Thor as the King of Asgard then it would be one hell of a fight (sorry Super-Man doesn't stand a chance, especially against magic/enchantments like Spawn/Thor)

Wic76
I dont know much about Thor, but I know that he wouldnt be the first God Spawn took down- and half the time Spawn's not even trying.

DesertFOX311
i think spawn would take the win in this one.....

Spawn would take out Superman by blocking out the sun....(dont ask, he could do it)...and then just probably sending him to hell....

as for Thor....simply take his hammer away, and kick his thunder god @ss

Beyonder
Spawnie

I haven't read all the latest of sPAWN BUT I'm sure that Thor can't beat him. They might have a helluva fight but he just can't match Spawn's abilities. As RagesRemorse said Spawn has faught enemies that could make dr Doom piss his pants.

LIKE WHO??? Nobody makes Doom piss in his pants - it's the other way around.

As for the fight, Thor or Superman beats Spawn's sorry ass down over and over again. Thor comes out in the end.

DesertFOX311

as for Thor....simply take his hammer away, and kick his thunder god @ss

Spawn simply...GETS...HIS...ASS...KICKED...IN...BY...THOR...YOU MEAN. Thor's still class 100, what's Spawn strength level.

FrothByte
yeah, spawn is a lot more powerful than either superman or thor... but the only problem is that thor and superman are a whole lot faster and stronger than spawn. not to mention a lot more spontaneous. spawn has the means to beat thor and supes, but it aint gonna matter that match if they are able to punch him silly before he organizes himself. let me put it this way: we're in a fight and you have a gun and i have nothing. but we're only 3 feet away from each other and your gun is in your holster. even if that gun could sure kill me, i bet you i could kick you in the balls before you can unlatch your holster, point your gun at me, and pull the trigger.

that pretty much sums up what supes and thor are gonna do to spawn.

x-Lilith-x
I agree

Red Superfly
Superman wins. He always wins.

*sigh*

Muck101
Life! I give you life, years dead thread! Blahahahahooheeheehahahawhaw!!!!!

Grinning Goku
Spawn should win, eh?

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
. is Spawn even able to walk in daylight?

wow....u have no idea what you are talking about do u ?

Goddess Kali
2nd or 3rd Age Spawn would beat Thor or Superman, not easily, but he would eventually do it.

What happens when you chop off Thor's head ? He dies

What happens when you chop off Superman's head ? He dies

What happens when you chop off Spawn's head ? He comes back to life after regenerating.

Have Superman or Thor ever been eviscerated, decapitated, skinned alive, chopped into pieces, or mutiliated to ne degree and live to tell about it ?

no

Spawn has thumb up

Spawn will beat them both so badly its not even funny.

Now, if Superman and Thor face off against God Spawn, then I'm gonna laugh and watch as God Spawn plays with thier organs the way he played with Zera's, God's most powerful warrior.

Tyrant
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
2nd or 3rd Age Spawn would beat Thor or Superman, not easily, but he would eventually do it.

What happens when you chop off Thor's head ? He dies

What happens when you chop off Superman's head ? He dies

What happens when you chop off Spawn's head ? He comes back to life after regenerating.

Have Superman or Thor ever been eviscerated, decapitated, skinned alive, chopped into pieces, or mutiliated to ne degree and live to tell about it ?

no

Spawn has thumb up
thumb up
Now I can finally tell everyone why Deadpool can beat Thor and Superman.
Thanks.

Hitman911
Originally posted by Marcellus
Im going to go with Spawn on this one. just becuase his power is immeasureable UNTIL he runs out of energy in witch case he dies. Mcfarelane said he can do anything he wants, his imagination is his weapon.

If that was the case the the GL's would be undeafeated!!!

quanchi112
supes

Muck101
Holy crap.... I -did- bring this thread back to life! I rule!

Tak
Spawn would rather easily win this fight. Really what has Thor and Superman done that Spawn hasn't, like feat wise.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Tak
Spawn would rather easily win this fight. Really what has Thor and Superman done that Spawn hasn't, like feat wise.

thumb up

His endurance far surpasses thiers. Get some kryptonite and Superman's on his knees laughing

Juntai

no

http://img460.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla07838fc.jpg
http://img460.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla07841cb.jpg
http://img460.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla07850rs.jpg

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Juntai
http://img460.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla07838fc.jpg
http://img460.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla07841cb.jpg
http://img460.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla07850rs.jpg

Thanks for the links Juntai, but Superman was being held apart and together by tesseracts. His organs and body were still intact, and he was able to hold himself together until the tesseracts ceased to exist.

Spawn was ripped apart numerous times, his organs and brain destroyed, not being supported by manipulation of matter of any kind. And he still survived.

Avalonofthewind

Avalonofthewind
double.

Juntai
I already beat you to it bro Look up about 2 posts.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Juntai
I already beat you to it bro Look up about 2 posts.

Damn you and your superspeed.

Foiled again!

Tyrant
Spawn was ripped apart numerous times, his organs and brain destroyed, not being supported by manipulation of matter of any kind. And he still survived. Yup.
The same reason Deadpool beats Superman, and Thor.

spawnwest
Which Spawn are we talking about here???

Strength is not a problem in this fight because Spawn doesn't need to physically fight here.

Speed blitz is not working here because Spawn's suit would just react and protect him.

Spawn could just stop time and then decapitate both of them.

Or Spawn could just teleport both of them to hell and take the battle there making Supes useless, and then command all of hell's demons to beat the crap out of Thor.

Spawn wins this while fantasizing about Wanda

Goddess Kali
Thanks for the links Juntai, but Superman was being held apart and together by tesseracts. His organs and body were still intact, and he was able to hold himself together until the tesseracts ceased to exist.

Spawn was ripped apart numerous times, his organs and brain destroyed, not being supported by manipulation of matter of any kind. And he still survived.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by spawnwest
Which Spawn are we talking about here???

Strength is not a problem in this fight because Spawn doesn't need to physically fight here.

Speed blitz is not working here because Spawn's suit would just react and protect him.

Spawn could just stop time and then decapitate both of them.

Or Spawn could just teleport both of them to hell and take the battle there making Supes useless, and then command all of hell's demons to beat the crap out of Thor.

Spawn wins this while fantasizing about Wanda

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.