The moon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arctic Ice
I have a scientific question, or so I think, that I would like answered as soon as possible. Recently, I have noticed around 12:00 at night, Brisbane, Australia time, when looking at the moon, that there is a ring of clouds that to our eyes, we'd say was about two meters in diameter. Other clouds that as I would suspect are on a different layer (sphere) are still crossing over the moon at the same time though. If anyone has some answers, or can just shed some light, I'd greatly appreciate it. I suspect it has something to do with the magnetic pull of the moon. After all, it controls tides, can it control water vapour too?

thankyou,
Adam

If not through this forum, feel free to email me personally at [email protected]

P.S. I can also supply an adequate photo of this phenomenon

Gregory
A Moon halo?

http://www.sundog.clara.co.uk/halo/moonhal.htm

Baylin
I think the moon is made of cheese.... confused

Darth Revan
Mmm... Cheese... eat

big gay kirk
Nothing to do with gravity, or magnetism, I'm afraid... cirrostratus clouds behave like this, forming a sort of halo around the moon... becaus they are a high cloud, other cloud formations will appear to pass in front, and the structure of the ice crystals forming the cirrostratus clouds form an optical illusion that makes it appear that the moon is either surrounded by the clouds, or that the clouds are behind the moon... sorry...

SuperSayinGoku
orrrr I am very dumm but I do get an 95 average. Maybe it is because astrounats made alot of clouds float into the space so then it was clsoest to the moon and the moon magnetises them to itself.

Arctic Ice
Thankyou to all who replied. Especially Kirk, who actually answered my question. And no, I'm afraid, the moon is not made of cheese. and if it were, it wouldn't be "mmm, cheese" sorry to say, it would be covered with inches of dust. And that would not be very nice to eat.

Thankyou again,
Adam

ClaraG
i don't really understand what u r saying but i'd luv 2 go 2 the moon lol

big gay kirk
No worries... its amazing what you learn as a Scout....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.