Are You Experienced?? by William Sutcliffe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Syren
BLURB:

"Liz travels to India because she wants to find herself. Dave travels to India because he wants to get Liz into bed.

Liz loves India, hugs the beggars, and is well on the way to finding her Tantric centre. Dave, however, realises he hates Liz, and has bad Karma towards his fellow travellers - Jeremy, whose spiritual journey is aided by cheques from his dad in Tunbridge Wells; Jonah, who hasn't worn shoes for a decade; and Fee and Caz, fresh from leper-washing in Udaipur......"

I am reading this at the moment, and it's excellent.

A few select quotes that literally had me rolling around laughing......

Dave, when having one of his paranoid moments:

"Up until then I'd been working on the 'Never-trust-an-Indian-they're-a-bunch-of-criminals-who-believe-it's-their-moral-right-to-rip-you-off-because-you're-too-rich-for-your-own-good-and-you-still-have-the-blood-of-the-Empire-on-your-hands-so-even-if-they're-being-friendly-watch-out-they-want-something' Theory....."

Jeremy (the @ss who lives on daddy's money), turns up at Liz and Dave's Hotel:

J - "Hmmm, I see you're partaking of the local poison?"

Dave - "No. I'm smoking a joint, preppy."

Liz - "Dave, you're such a prick."

As you can see, the book is relaxed, I've probably chosen the wrong quotes, but they made me laugh. It's not written as simply as I've made out, but has moments when you literally feel as if you're there. And that, to me, merits reading.

badkittykitty
sounds very cool syrensmoke

Syren
OK, cool enough for BKK and I, cool enough for the rest of you.

Go read it big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.