39 steps to stop and find terriosts?-How far will this go

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
I was meaning to post this a couple of weeks ago when it was published. The article was in the broadsheet Scotland on Sunday, and I believe can still be found on its website although I don't have a link

What are your thoughts on this? The war on terrorism is certainly becoming more and more serious by the day, and the determination of the west to eradicate terrorists is commendable. But are we going too far?

Is it right to break our own laws to locate and detain terrorists? Are innocents that are wrongly assigned the label 'terrorist' or 'potential terrorist' acceptable losses?

Fire
I dont give a damnh with the goverment knowing everything about me, if they make it mandatory to give your finger prints to the police on lets say your 18th birthday I wouldn't mind, they can get everything, fingerprints, DNA everything they bloody well want

JKozzy
Exactly, who cares? It's not like I'm going to go and kill anyone, it shouldn't matter what we give them. As long as they don't clone me, I'm fine with that. I also think the govt should search anything they feel the need to, screw search warrants, that just complicates things and lets people get away with shit.

§pearhead
I might care, but a) it's not exactly like I'm going to go on a killing spree and b) it's not like knowing my fingerprints or DNA is invading my privacy. Give it to someone who knows how to use it for the general good, not to some lowlife like me who wouldn't distinguish the difference between a red or white blood cell on a microscope. Let the profesionals handle all the complicated stuff.

Fëanor
yes...but there may come a day when one cannot purchase goods...or get a job unless every bit of information about you is somewhere in a computer...then will come a day when a persons value is based on some set of standard protocol that the gov'ts will impose in order to for society to be assimilated in an ordered form...

and for those who do not wished to be 'marked' or 'tagged' or 'dna filed' will be useless or considered a subversive...

Darth Revan
I think the whole war on terror is bullshit. As Michael Moore put it, "you can't win a war against a noun." I personally don't want the government to know everything about my personal life, even though I'm not a terrorist. What they do now is plenty... There haven't been any attacks via plane since 9/11, meaning that they've either been successful so far, or that the terrorists aren't dumb enough to try to do it again. Probably a combination of both.

And, as the article pointed out, the potential for error is huge... The sites you visit on the internet could indicate that you're a terrorists, or they could mean nothing at all.

Fëanor
however the war on terror has become too specific...as there are different forms of terrorism...

school bullies are terrorists...cops with attitudes are terrorists...governments that impose unfair tax laws are...and so on...

even i fear some of the mods on here...j/k stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.