Help with English slang(???)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Creechuur
Could someone please explain the following to me?

mooooooooooooooooooo
quackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
rooffyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Thanks.

Fëanor
are ya for rizz-eal???...shiz-nit!!

stick out tongue

j/k....never heard those ones before at least not in the way it's written

Baylin
Mooooooooooo thats a noise cows make!
Quakkkkkkkkk thats a noise ducks make!

I assume they translate into american....

Rooffyyyyyyyyyyyyyy um got me there!

Creechuur
Duh, I know what the sounds are.

For rizzle my nizzle, are those English slang words or just some English kid being reallllly weird???

Baylin
most english kids are weird especially mine!

Fëanor
yes...but are we talkin' bout english kids in the UK or english kids in the US?...

cuz' I gotta tell yah...all this slang just wants to make me drizzown...okay...i don't really know too much slang...

but it's groovy daddyio...that's the cat's meow...

Baylin
No my english are unfortunatley here with me in england, I'd love to send them to states though.... evil face

§pearhead
isn't roofies a date rape drug confused

Creechuur
The bees knees, even.

I'm American so I know our slang. I mean UK.

Fëanor
ARRGH!!!...don't do it man...think of your children...oh! the humanity...

roofies are a date rape drug...

RebelPhoenix
Hmmm..... lol

I think Baylin got it right with the animal sounds wink

and Creechurr as far as I know Feanor (sorry no accent) said - are you for real?.... Shit!

As for the Rizzle my Nizzle - that sounds like Urban Slang to me rather then Cockney Rhyming Slang. Check out www*urbandictionary*com (*'s instead of .'s because I don't know if we're allowed to use links).

Note - English cockney slang is alot different and older in comparison to most contemporary slang that is used here nowadays. Hope that helps abit!

Creechuur
Oh, please post some good Cockney rhymes!!! You guys are so friggin weird, but I mean that in the best way possible. Besides, whats weirder: non-sense rhymes or adding 'izzle' to the end of everything?

Can you imagine what would happen if Snoop Dogg hung out with some Cockney boys for awhile? The resulting slang would probably just snuff out existence it would be so bad. <POOF!>

burlyman
Maybe rooffyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy is supposed to be a dog blink

Baylin
Well I thought that but I always say wuffffffff

RebelPhoenix
www*cockneyrhymingslang*co*uk

it has alot of modern additions as well which are relaly interesting like 'Barcardi Breezer - Geezer'.

As for what's weirder, as far as I can tell cocky rhyming slang at least makes sense in that you can fathom what it means if you hear it in proper context in a sentence whereas adding izzle to everything for example just sounds like basic pig latin or doing it because it sounds cool. Maybe there is a reason for it, but I don't it yet.

Lol Snoop and some Cockney guys - they'd probably invent a whole new version of slang that's sound nothing like English! laughing out loud Although, we are already at that point to an extent messed

Syren
It's not nice to be Jack Jones in a Rub-a-Dub, especially when you've been waiting for a long time. It means you've been stood up, generally. The Mae West thing you can do, is go on the Cousin Sis and forget about it. Or, you could try pulling one of the Gooseberry Puddings up at the Near and Far. Doesn't matter if they're Doug Maclures, as long as you can afford a Macaroni.

laughing out loud

Figure that one out wink

Syren

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud

lil bitchiness
Jesus laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Ive never been stood up in the bar, but i did wait once for am hour...it was horrible at first, then this bartender was super sweet and super sexy so i was perving and flerting for the next 40minutes big grin

big gay kirk
Ay wunna gi mi a croggy... ay went all mardy, and run off up the jitty... A inna seein he were crikin, bu wenna offud em an okey ay went street tu his mam an now ay dunna cum out worrever yu see t'im....

big gay kirk
There you are... a nice bit of Leicestershire dialect, written how it should be... no slang in the pure sense of the word (or "wod" as we would pronounce it!)

translated, it reads: he wouldn't give me a ride on the cross bar of his bike... he became upset and angry, and he ran into the alleyway....I'm not saying that he was crying, but when I offered him an ice-cream, he went straight to his mother and now he doesn't come out whatever you say to him...

Creechuur
Whoa.

Syren, I had to study that post for so long before I figured it out...then I saw the translation below...doh! I was actually right for most of it. The 'cousin sis' thing threw me.

That is some...man, thats something. I gotta get to the UK some day and hang out with you crazy bastards. Right now, I gotta go to that website though.

Baylin
There's a guy at work who likes to make his own rhyming slang up which sound a little bizzare with a mancunian accent.
He talks as if everyone in the world understands him, no one does but we leave him to it - wierdo!

pipschick
Moooooooo - the noise a cow makes
Quackkkkk - from the beaks of ducks
Rooffyyyyyy - confused
Are you actually telling me..you didn't know what made these sounds confused

Creechuur
Sigh, no, I'll explain. Some weird English kid was spouting this stuff and I thought maybe it was slang for something else over in the UK. Turns out the kid just like animal sounds I guess. I have learned a bunch of cool Cockney rhyming slang though...

This is off-topic, but Pippin is the bomb. Billy Boyd was born to play a hobbit. Whenever my 4 yr old boy has had something and wants another he goes "Daddy, what about second juicebox?" or "What about second cookies?"

Phoenix
the only stuff I know is Cockney... 'Keep your apples and pies open, or you'll fall down the ole apples and pears! And we don't have the bees and honey to fixit!'

pipschick
Oh bless him smile Pippin is definetaly the bomb stick out tongue Billy is one lovely bloke big grin

Devalion
Aren't roofies the guys that work on the roof? eg: Builders!

cermiestar
if you can't understand brit slang, go here :P

brit slang

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.