boy's love in kid's books

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shanie623
I don't know if any of you have heard about this book. It's old news.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=37643

My personal feeling about this (and please don't bash):

Wow... First of all, a HUGE two thumbs-up to the authors and their publisher. Even if I was straight (which I'm NOT, I'm bisexual), I do not think the book is inappropriate at all for 1st-graders. It IS what's happening in the world right now and you CANNOT deny it to children. Most especially right now because it seems that gay popularity AND gay population is presently increasing and influencing everyone.

This book may actually help kids to understand what homosexuality is, and that it is not AT ALL wrong and different from other people who best prefer "the prince and the princess" or the "king and queen" together. It will definitely make the children of our future more open-minded, and less critical and manipulated by their parents' old-fashioned beliefs.

I love the idea of this book. I think that 1st-graders are mature enough to understand this sooner or later. I'm pretty sure that they'd be seeing same-sex couples kissing in the streets sometime soon or other kids their age with same-sex parents, and instead of asking their heterosexual parents "why and what was that" or "is that wrong mommy," they'd actually have their own opinion about it and will NOT be taught the--- I wouldn't say the "wrong thing"--- but the misleading thing.

Some might say that the book is still too "complicated" or "mature" for 1st-graders, but in my honest opinion I THINK NOT. Once they get to understand "the moral lesson of the story," it would make more things UNcomplicated for them (which is good). If it is against their family's religion-- well, it would still help to open their eyes to other things than close their heart from some things that are slightly unlike their beliefs. It is better to find out sooner when they still have an innocent mind, than later when their mind and soul's already been "dirtied" up by manipulation. Of course, if some people think that this book is teaching children to BECOME homosexuals, they are absolutely wrong.

So yes, I have a positive feeling about this book. =)

What do you guys think?

badkittykitty
this seems like someone(author) who is growing with the times..I think theres nothing at all wrong with teaching kids but homosexuality because it is becoming a way of life for many people and I for one wouldn't want my kids in the dark about its existence and would help them become open minded adults.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.