Scariest and strongest Spider-Man villan and why

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freddy_vs_Jason
I reackon Doc. Ock with those mechanical arms, this will be a tough challenge for old Spidey to beat, also Carnage is pretty dangerous.

VENOMfan
Your not basing this on the films right? the most dagerous Villains Spiderman has faced are Green Goblin, Venom, Doc Ock, Hobgoblin, Electro, the Lizard, and Mysterio

Carnage is insanely dangerous but not much of a threat, as soon as he gets lose he's cuaght again. Spidey's real foes keep him scared outa his boots 24/7

you wanna know underated? the Shocker, he has beaten Spidey, over and over and knowbody even knows who he is.

how many of Spidey's villains have had Spiderman in the palm of their hands and let him go twice? not too many but Shocker was one of em

Creechuur
Gotta be Venom. He was created partly out of hatred towards Peter/Spidey, so theres an emotional bond. He's got all of spidey's powers, but none of his morals.

Plus, he looks really evil and menacing. You know seeing that guy face to face would make you tinkle your drawers.

Freddy_vs_Jason
So whats Mysterios powers? I like Shockers looks and powers, hes cool.

kanis
alien I would the green goblin not for strength wise hurting spiderman he hurt him mentally screwing withg his mind in the spidergirl comic a new green goblin took his leg. And his daughter then went up against him and beat him but venom is his most dangerous enemy.

who?-kid
Scariest villain ? Carnage, who else ? He kills without reason. No, wait, maybe he has a reason, he kills for fun.

He's a superpowered bloodthirsty screwed up psycho who couldn't care less about the human lives he has taken. The Joker from Batman at least has some kind of twisted logic behind his evil schemes. Not Carnage. Going on a killing spree, that's all he cares for.

Now I find that pretty scary.

Creechuur
I think Venom is a bit more psychologically scary, since he knows Spidey so well, he can get in his head. Carnage is a maniac, but he's not very smart.

Besides, lets just admit that Carnage is just a "we need another Venom-type character" character. He's never as good as the original.

who?-kid
Hm, that's your opinion. I agree that the original Venom is a better character, but that's not the point. The thread is : who is the scariest/strongest villain of Spider-Man, not who is the best character ? Strongest, I wouldn't have a clue. Scariest, I think Carnage.

Besides, even IF Venom is a bit more psychologically scary, he just doesn't go killing people because he feels like it. It's quite possible to have a conversation (sort of) with Venom without being afraid that your head will be bitten off. He - sometimes - can be quite reasonable.

Can NOT say the same from Carnage. So, in my opinion, Carnage is scarier.

Spiderman_RJ
the most dagerous Villains Spiderman has faced are Green Goblin, Venom, Doc Ock, demon (or demoniac i dont know) Hobgoblin, Electro, the Lizard, shoker (he is herman schults a former electronic repair who turn into roberry after inventing those shocking waves gloves , ok?), carnage is a hard stuff .its becouse who ever invented him didnt know marvel dont allow too much blood so they had to weakedned him but in his first appearence he beated spider and venom togueter.,
but as u said scariest lets face it ok?
on fifth comes kraven how would u like to be hunted over the town an trheatened to a personal hunt?.
in fourth harry as GG u wouldnt like ur best friend trheating u and ur family.....
Venom knows parker identity and is a huge monster what put him on top of list but in third place,
in second carnage aas even batman said once "looking into his eyes is like looking into death itself' - i wouldnt like to face him........
in first place of course................................... JOHN JONAH JAMESON """"""" why? how about having to survive needing to work for that monster? have every thing .every siple good act turned into a monstuous one ....be a menace when u were the hero
say this 24 hours for 365 days??????
(lol its a joke every old spidey knows johna likes parker like a son and only hates spider cos he took the glory from his sun........but in fat hes jealous) i loved when johna payed parker layer show he had feelings for pete. (like a son heh.......)
first place goes for uncle ben and his trheatining curse - with great powers comes great responsability - LOL again sorry
now i mean it who i PERSONALLY think desearves the title scariest and strongest spider man vilain is really ok ( althoug hes fatso) cos think facing a guy even more briliant then u wth four powerfull arms that can do almost anything into unleashing damage......wow i dont want to face him

Red Superfly
Venom WAS the scariest character, when he first started out. He became good, became a fully fledged awesome character as deep as Peter himself.

They needed something to fill the void psuedo-speaking, and I guess they made Carnage to take Venoms place as the true Spidey villain.

Villains are generally stronger than the heroes (except in the world of that wimp called Superman), its a better story and creates a sense of serious danger.

THEN: Venom was the scariest and strongest

NOW: Carnage is the scariest and the strongest

Venom is a goodie now, his character has evolved.

who?-kid
Okay, I can live with that smile.

VENOMfan
Yeah Carnage is probably the most fersome enemy Spidey has faced.

Nobody come's even close to his murderous, hatefull capacity

just look at Carnage:Mindbomb........damn that was ****ed up

Creechuur
Yeah, when I think of Venom, I think of the nasty oldschool villian that was fixated on killing Peter/Spidey. I haven't followed the new anti-hero Venom...I'm just not into that.

I really hope Raimi uses the 'original' Venom for the third flick. I mean c'mon, he'd be stupid not to use Venom. With CGI technology what it is today, you could do that character so well cinematically. Either that or have Harry become the Green/Hobgoblin. Those are the only two choices that make sense.

Spiderman Fiend
well i see all your points. carnage and venom are both probably the scariest villains, in the bloodthirsty evil sosciopath kind of way, but if we're talking evil scientist (aka SMART dangerous villain) then Doc Ock gets my vote.

Reborn Again
Psychologically speaking, I would say his clone. He had to fight his demons against Ben Reilly 20 yrs later feared dead the real Peter Parker returned. If that isn't a true inner villain I don't know what is.

Darth Jello
are you kidding me? mysterio is a complete loser. that's why daredevil talked him into comitting suicide (you are talking about quentin beck, right?)

VENOMfan
Mysterio is a loser pretty big one in fact.

but most here should agree Carnage is the "scariest" and most dangerous

he isnt the strongest, becuase Rhino and Sandman have more physical power, but NONE of them come close to his homicidal capacity.

I used to think Carnage was rather cardboard cutout of a wanna bee Ted Bundey but after thinking about this thread I took a second glance and realized just how mentaly obscene Kassidy is.

Freddy_vs_Jason
So whats Mysterios powers? and I hate DareDevil, he is such a loser!! I wish someone like Carnage would slaughter him.

VENOMfan
FvsJ do you read comics much? cuase DareDevil is well THEE Marvel Knight, He has probably the best run story wise out of every comic hero out there calling him a loser is NOT classy. save thos thoughts for some random X-man. any will work

Mysterio can cuase hallucinations slight visual magic tricks.

Carnage is self destructive, his insane homicidal needs stem from him wanting to die. He would surely know Killing DD would cuase a backlash he couldnt handle and he would be killed by a number of hero's who owe their freedom or life to him.

actually it could make for a good what if' but Marvel wouldnt do that in the actual universe

Creechuur
OK, I take back my answer.

The entire clone storyline is Spidey's biggest and scariest enemy. That horrible mess nearly killed Spidey for real back in the day. I can't believe someone had the gall to bring that up. You oughta be ashamed of yourself, buddy.

puke

norrin radd
Venom and Carnage

VENOMfan
LOL this is true, "Maximum Clonage" what the hell!?

the only good part about it was Scarlet Spider and he died!

Darth Jello
fvj, read the miller run. DD is awesome, and probably has the most character out of any superhero. who other than mysterio would have an evil plan to (DUM DUM DUM!!!!) rob a nursing home through insurance fraud!!!!! is the new mysterio any different? or is he even more of a dork?

Reborn Again
lol

Reborn Again
The Scarlett Spider was the original Spider-Man aka Peter Parker who believed he was the clone. The clone actually took over Peter Parker aka Spider-Man. It's all confusing actually. But eventually it all got sorted out and the Scarlett Spider turned out to be the real Spidey and the clone was sent packing. Fans wanted it that way.

Red Superfly
What? NO!

Scarlet Spider was Ben Reilly.

Spiderman was Peter Parker.

Originally, Ben Reilly thought he was the clone. That's why he was Scarlet Spider. He left when he realised he was the clone. When he came back, it was revealed Peter may have been the clone all along. Peter even lost his powers, and went off to live with MJ. Ben, who everybody thought was the real deal, became Spiderman (if you are wonderring who that Spiderman is who wore the webshooters on the outside of his suit and the huge spider emblem- thats him).

The fans felt cheated that for many many years, they had been reading Peter Parkers story, a mere clone. Not only that but the suit wasnt as good. The fans rebelled.

So, Peter Parker came back, still "knowing" he was the clone. His powers returned, one scene with him actually dying, then coming back in a hospital. He occasionally helped Ben (Spiderman) fight the likes of The Sentinals during the Onslaught saga.

Then, Green Goblin returned, in what could be described as one of my favourite issues ever.

He comes back, reveals he was the one manipulating all the bad things in Peters life (the Jackal etc). Also, as Gobby has a fight with Peter on a

Red Superfly
cont.

rooftop, and tries the old "impale-spiderman-on-the-glider" trick. Ben jumps in the way to save Peter, gets thrown into the air and crashes into a taxi below. Peter sees Ben "dissolve" - showing that Ben was DEFINITELY the clone all along, even after everybody thought Peter was the clone, and he lost his powers, then got them back.

Peter fights Gobby, Peter resumes as the one and only Spiderman. End of clone saga.

Reborn Again
Really. Hmm. I heard and read differently.

SpyCspider
hhaha REd Superfly is correct. I've read the comics and books that narrate all this mess and check out any spider-man fact file/history, etc. It's all in there.

SpyCspider
hahhah do u guys remember in Spidey Animated 90s episode "I really really really hate clones" Ben Reilly was there? That was really interesting the way he was portrayed.

My favorite quote was when the episode made fun of the entire twisted clone saga in the comics. Real Spidey said (after hearing all the clone stories):

"This is beginning to sound like a really bad comic book plot!"

laughing

ragesRemorse
spideys most formidable foes are green goblin, and doc ock. They always concieve the most threatning challenges and traps for spidey. Kraven, shocker, sandman, and the symbiote duo are his most physical threatning

Spiderman_RJ
er..i tough ben reily lived;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;i stop buying spider after all clone stuff................who garantees now if pp is not a clone still and real pp is dead?

Spiderman_RJ
or even if this norman is not a clon?or the older whatever

Creechuur
NO MORE CLONE TALK!!!!!

I spent years successfully purging that storyline from my mind. This thread is undoing all my hard work...

wacko

Spiderman Fiend
Kraven? i dunno, but i never felt that he was too tough of a villain. he seemed mostly arrogant and even though he put up a few good fights, it never seemed like he really had any chance of actually finishing spidey off... but i could be wrong O_O

Spiderman_RJ
dont forget that later kraven made a a magic formula (lie green goblin) that enhanced his strengh this also made him mad and when he realised he couldnt kill spider he suicided (or not )

Spiderman_RJ
he came back or heis son or them both dont remember well

Red Superfly
Ben Reilly DISSOLVED before Peters eyes when he was killed by the Goblin.

Do you really need any more proof?

Red Superfly
Here's an EVEN SHORTER synopsis.

Jackal makes clone.

Spideys fight.

One believes he's the clone. He leaves - calls himself Ben Reilly, colours his hair blonde. He becomes the Scarlet Spider.

Spiderman carries on - happy.

Scarlet Spider returns into Peters life. They are friends now. They become like brothers.

Tests reveal Pete may be the clone.

Pete loses powers, lives with MJ.

All signs point to Peter being the clone.

Ben takes over as Spiderman. With a new, infinitely less popular costume.

Fans write to Stan Lee. Stan Lee brings Peter back.

Peter regains powers.

Goblin conveniently kills Ben Reilly on his important return.

Ben Reilly dissolves.

Peter is the ONLY Spiderman. Norman is a very much alive Goblin. Clone Ben is dead.That's it.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Can somebody please tell me about Sandman and his powers and why he is so threatning?

VENOMfan
Appearance
Height: Variable (6'1"wink
Weight: Variable (450 lbs)
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Features: Gritty feeling to his handshake

Summary
Created By: Stan Lee, Steve Ditko
Current Aliases: None
Former Aliases: William Baker, Sylvester Mann
Dual Identity: Known to the F.B.I.
Current Occupation: Unknown
Former Occupation: Professional Criminal
Citizenship: United States of America
Legal Status: Criminal Record in the U.S.
Place of Birth: Queens, New York
Marital Status: Single
Known Relatives: Mother (Mrs. Baker, MTU #1)
Known Confidants: Spiderman, Captain America
Known Allies: Spider-Man, Captain America, The Avengers, Crime-Master, The Big Man, Silver Sable, Silver Sable's Wild Pack, the Sinister Six, the Frightful Four,
Major Enemies: Spider-Man, The Sinister Six, Fantastic Four
Usual Bases: Unknown
Former Bases: The Island Prison
Current Groups: None
Former Groups: The Sinister Six, Frightful Four, Avengers (Alternate Avenger Status)
Education: Didn't graduate from High School

Powers & Paraphenalia
Strength Level: Super-Human
Powers: Sandman can turn his body into a sandlike material which he can manipulate the shape and density of at will.
Abilities: None
Equipment: None
Weapons: None
Limitations: Sandman can form his body into hammers and other crushing weapons, and can suffocate opponents with his body.

badsymbiote
Many people would say Vanom and Carnage, as if they're 2 peas in a pod. Venom isn't scary--he's sexy. The love/hate thing W/ Spidey is his main source of motivation, and yet, he's still interested when not fixated on Parker's demise.
Carnage, on the other hand, is scary as hell. A a sociopathic murderer, it's absolutely impossible to predict who or when he'll kill again. Of course I agree with Venomfan, because Kassidy is his own worst enemy. He can't suppress his urge to kill, and invariably, he gets imprisoned again. He is frightening, though. I'd say he's the say he's the scariest. I always wondered how Carnage got so strong. I remember reading once that Brock theorized that Kassidy inherited his strength when Cleetus assimilated Brock's symbiote resin. Good enough for me.

VENOMfan
I think there are a few reasons, it ties into Carnages symbiote was incubated on earth, and occasionally Carnage has insane feats of strength but that ties into Kassidy being insane himself.

Im almost certin it's becuase of being incubated on earth however. becuase Carnages offspring was created by a symbiote who was incubated on earth and it was also incubated on earth.

thats why it is so wildly powerfull.

but yeah Carnage is definetly the most terrifying Spider Villian. all of the grisly murders he's enjoyed comitting. definetly sick

Spiderman_RJ
i wonder why spiderman never called stomy to mad]ke sandman turn into glassman.

Austinzilla
i think carnage is the scariest! ive seen him beat venom and spiderman at the same time and ive seen him beat spiderman and silver surfer at the same time! hes crazy strong!

VENOMfan
Carnage was apply named. he is wildy dangerous

but he didnt technically "beat" Surfer he possesed him. If the surfer wanted he could have dusted Carnage

Austinzilla
heck yeah surfer kicks

im just talking about this pic

VENOMfan
yeah it was a decent story arc. but not Carnage at his worst.

IMO Carnage is thee sickest and downright most evil character
*human character* in the marvel universe.

cuation pic isnt for the faint of hart. it is VERY graphic

Austinzilla
whoa! thats pretty sick!

VENOMfan
Yup. he takes the cake 1000 times over. he's one bastard, literally

Austinzilla
who is that in the pic?

VENOMfan
his Psychiatrist...I "think". Im pretty sure he tourtures him. thats actually a halucination the doctor feels. Carnage drilled into his head and is making him think thats happening he does it over and over and over until the poor guy dies

Austinzilla
thats f***ed up

Darth Jello
wait, what was the name of his miniseries? was it as good as typhoid?

VENOMfan
It was one of his two solo apperances, Carnage:mindbomb is where he kills the psychiatrist.

Im not sure if it's as good as Typoid's apperances, but It was very well written considering Carnage in all of his other apperances is a one dimensional killer. this really delved into Cletus's mind. and it was very very graphic. it re-tells the murder of his Grandmother*when he was about 6* and when he tricked his dad into killing his mother

it got its well desrved 5/5 webs IMO
http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/carnage_special/mind_bomb.html

Austinzilla
yes carnage is the scariest spiderman foe but id have to say 2 of the deadliest are Galactus and The Juggernaut

VENOMfan
Naw, he faced them about twice, his real enimies keep him on his toe's 24/7

Green Goblin, Venom, the Lizard...........

Juggernaut was a accident Spiderman dosent really have a connection to his character, like him fightin Wolverine and Hulk. not really his enimies.

Austinzilla
true but i have the marvel encyclopedia and Galactus is the strongest character Marvel ever created...literally ive seen his stats and they are the highest of ANYone...the only ones who come close are Thanos and/or Apocalypse

VENOMfan
Yeah, but they are far beyond most mortals.

like when Spidey fought Firelord. he was much more dangerous than ol' Gobby but is he really one of Spidermans enemy's?

this is pretty much who is the most wicked vile villain from the Spidey verse. not Marvel all together.

if it were id say Thanos with the heart of the universe.

but for this thread? Kassidy

Austinzilla
understandable

marvelvenom2
ummm carnage??? puleaseee.... venom.......nooooooo..........Doc Ock.....YESSS DUH. I mean i gotta agree with u guys carnage is preety damn scary I'd give em 2nd place 4sure.... jus my opinion......

Krexo
Has Spidey ever beaten Carnage in a straight fight? Im new to Spidey comics, started collecting a few days ago as it goes so Im new to it all.

Mane
no. Spider-man and Venom have teamed up to fight Carnage multiple times, but never succeeded

Krexo
Ok cool. Thanks Mane. Could you reccomend me a few issues of a perticular series that have the key parts to the Carnage/ Venom/ Spidey story line, and how does ' Spider - Carnage' come across? Does he differ to Carnage or are they the same by different names?

grey fox
well there has only ever been one spider carnage but some people call him scarnage it was for 2 issues where the carnage symbiont left Cletus and was on the run it eventually found it's way to spider-ben they bonded but ben-tried to keep it inside for as Long as he possibly could

Mookermadness
I say it in this order:
1. Green Goblin & Venom(tie)
2. Carnage
3. Dr. Octopus
4. Hobgoblin
5. Lizard

Mane
wrong.

1. Carnage
2. Green Goblin
3. The Lizard
4. Venom
5. Shocker

Varg6
Not trying to be funny, but I think Kraven would be kind of scary mentally. He's got superstrength, and has been in the Sinister Six, you probably all won't agree with me, but I think him, and Venom, and Carnage would be the scariest/strongest

Varg6
ioooooh, hold on I got like a couple of issues with Spider-Man, Carnage, and Venom all fighting, hold up let me look...Doooo doooo doooo...umm ok, I think 380 has it, yeah it does lol..and 373 I think....

Lenord
Hey how about Kaine... I know it has been a while since he appeared but the guy killed Doc Ock so he is pretty deadly and he really hates Peter...

Mane
Pete's clone? hmm, yeah he should be on that list...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.