is episode 3 gonna be as bad as episode 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dwarfvader
my favorite ep is IV baddest is epII
i hope III wil be the best
and i hope thad vibe of ep II wil not get in epIIIhttp://www.millenniumfalcon.com/episode3/mf_starwars-union_vader.jpg

Mr.Deflok
Thanks for that...

Darth Jello
well, we kinda need a common frame of reference, episode II was my favorite and the clone wars as a whole are probably my fave star wars story element. instead of just pissing it away as bad, explain why you feel that way, those who feel differently will explain why they feel that way and we'll realize we each have a point and see the movie in a different way.

dwarfvader
hayden christensen act is no good
and two mutch computer work
story doesen't feel like starwars

Ushgarak
Felt exactly like Star Wars to me!

MAMA
quote: Felt exactly like Star Wars to me!

I agree with u too Ushgarak! The prequels does have its moments and excitment..big grin big grin

cloudrunner
me 2

The Ones
I like all the star wars moives. but i think episode 3 is going to be the best

VengeanceGOD
What gives me hope for Episode 3 is that the climax of Episode 2 felt like Star Wars again.

Red Superfly
My least fave was Episode 1.

Episode 2 wasn't bad at all, I really liked it.

moonwalker741
ok i agree wit the hayden act......but too much computer work...if it wuznt mostly cgi, how would it work out....n it definitly felt like starwars, EPISODE 1 did not seem like strwars....episode 2 actually connected with OT trilogy

spadesmamma61
Ya know I LIKED this movie. I['ve liked all of them. I dont know why everybody hates EP 1 so much. Only flaw I found was not enough of Darth Maul stick out tongue

Red Superfly
Anybody wish they'd kept Darth Maul? Like Obi-Wan thinks he's defeated but he returns in Ep2 (much like Vader did in 4 and 5) and kicks ObiWans and Anis ass.

Lucas kills off all his most promisong charcters stupidly - Maul, Jango, Boba etc.

I'd prefer a Vader/Evil Ani vs Maul fight than a Dooku vs Ani fight anyday.

Poor Darth Maul.

VengeanceGOD
Yeah, if the controller of the Separatists had been a Zabrak former Jedi (maybe even the Zabrak on the council from Episode 1) who then turned out to be Maul, that would've been awesome.

However, on the other hand Christopher Lee is an awesome actor and one of the only ones in the prequels who is able to overcome Lucas's lack of directing and pull off a good part.

Sith Master X
I thought Episode 2 rocked. Both the first two episodes have had some exciting sequences, though I gotta give the edge to Episode 2.

SMX
cool

wuTa
i liked ep2..it was decent....hayden actin wasnt the greatest but it was better than the kid who played lil vader in ep1....i think ep1 had more computer work than 2 did

mephistodesigns
I liked Hayden's Anakin. It's exactly the way I pictured him. I think what hurts the performance is the dialogue. Obi wan would be "very grumpy"? Lucas should start writing for the Care Bears. If you really look at his performance and take into account how bad some of his lines are, you might change your mind. Examples: The scene where his mom dies-its kinda sudden and on top of that she's dead in under a minute. But look at the shifting emotions on Hayden's face, the way he tries to tell her it'll be ok but his voice cuts off, his lips barely forming the soundless words. That's very realistic. Or the scene where he brings his mom back. That was the face of Vader to me. I think he did what he could with the material. I think he tried to bring as much realism as he could in order to make Anakin look confident, while keeping with the idea that in some ways he's very insecure from being a slave and having to live up to being the chosen one. I think he's good at showing Anakin at a transitional stage, not quite Vader, still very immature.
My faves are 2 and 5. They have the most drama (until 3 comes out of course). Which ever ones have the most drama are always the most interesting to people. Some people like the quite moments and some people like the action. Its like on the Sopranos, they have an episode of set up with lots of character driven scenes, then there will be an episode with a lot of trash talking, beatings, and shooting. Some people prefer the character episodes, some people like the action. Episode 1 was all set up, so it doesn't grab your interest as much, its a lot of introductions and build ups. 2 is more set up leading into some action. 3 is gonna be 90% action. 4 had some action but was mainly set up and character development, catching up the audience on the galactic events from the last 18 years (when watched in order). 5 is, again, more set up leading into action. Then 6 is a whole lot of action and tying up loose ends. I think they're all good because, in my opinion at least, they all serve their purpose in advancing the story in a well paced way that takes the audience on a journey, and like any journey, there is action and there is quite time. It all just depends on what you prefer. I love the whole thing as a whole and wouldn't toss any of the movies since they are all necessary.

Darth Jello
i hate to bring this comparison up again, but the reason episode 1 is looked down upon is that it's much more of a kid's movie. if SW was LOTR, the phantom menace would be the hobbit.

Sith Master X
Exactly. That's how I've looked at it as well, though I still did like Episode 1, but not as much as the others.

SMX
cool

Darth Jello
maybe if they do add more stuff to episode 1 and 2 for the next dvd release (has anyone noticed they've been out of print since 1/1?) or do an archival edition, they'll back in all the political intrigue and the scenes with bail organa and all that other good stuff. personally, i'd like to digitally insert dooku into the funeral and film him having an argument with mace and yoda before dropping his light saber and walking away angrily, with palpatine rushing after him to "comfort" him.

Lyn
See, that's what's always been my point; Hayden was excellently cast. His natural ability to portray Anakin was perhaps hindered by the lines written. I love GL but honestly, those lines were not the best. However, Hayden made the best of them. I don't just simply approve of Hayden's casting because I think he's good looking, I HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT HE WAS THE BEST CHOICE FOR ANAKIN SKYWALKER. When I saw the film at the cinema I was shaken by his performance. Laugh if you wish but it's true. The scenes mephistodesigns spoke of chilled me. Even the less-than-desirable line "I can't breathe..." had such drama to it that I felt compelled. I agree completely with what mephistodesigns has stated. Good on ya buddie!! thumb up happy

Red Superfly
I actually liked Hayden as Anakin, although he seems VERY young. I always pictured Anakin to be a much older warrior, say like in his late twenties/mid thirties, and Obi-Wan to be in his fifties when Anakin turned.

kimahri03
its gonna be a ok movie

mook
episode 3 needs to be good otherwise the first three episodes will all be shit.

@F1
I like all the SW movies

Ep II was good, i just didn't like the love scenes, GL isn't good at that stuff even though it had to happen.
Jango , shouldn't of died till EP III, he was cool character.
Christopher Lee was definitley the best, he can take Lucas's dialogue and make it sound good, A*.
EPIII, will be good, it has to be!!!

cornponious
It's "shouldn't HAVE died", not "shouldn't OF died".

smile

corn

(I will always stress that proper English is necessary to get your point across fully)

@F1
Thanks roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anakin2Vader
Episode 2 had 2 good scenes, jango v obi wan and the chase sequence leading to the cantina, other than that the movie was slow with horrible dialouge and shakey at best acting from Hayden and Portman. - They did not pull off the arena battle, (I didnt beleive I was there or that they were for that matter.. it was a horrible CG failure.... Also Episode 2 did not feel like a star wars movie because it ended with three sloppy scenes in a row (Arena, too little of the huge battle and some old guy whiping up on ani and obi in 30 secs then Yoda great moment to shine, which is him failing) instead of three interwoven stories combining for the last 30 mins of the movie

I thought Episode 1 was a great movie with a few horrble mistakes draging it down - 1) First off whos Idea was it to insert catch phrases from the olsens on Full House into Jar Jars mouth every two secs (How Rude, exsqueeze me) as if the sound of his voice wasnt irritating enough
2) Anakin is too young to make the love story with padme work or make his actions seem beleivable, that kid couldnt act either
However Qui-Gon and Darth Maul were awesome additions to the Star Wars world

Episode 1 - 7
Episode 2 - 4
Episode 4 - 8
Episode 5 - 10
Episode 6 - 9

VengeanceGOD
In all honesty, the story should've started where 2 did. Who cares what happened to Anakin when he was five?

@F1
You didn't need a whole movie, devoted to a 5year old.
I'm sure EpIII will be good.
I aslo jump past the love scenes, Iv'e got nothing against them if done right, this one made me cringe, ARGH!

When I watched EpIV, V & VI, they lefting me wanting to watch them again and again, I never got that feeling from the Prequels.

Sith Master X
I honestly like Episode 1, but not nearly as much as I love Episode 2, and I believe Hayden was the perfect fit for Anakin, just the whole vision of what a younger Vader once looked like seems to fit. I didn't mind Hayden at all, though I thought Obi-Wan did the best job.

SMX
cool

Corsie
I agree with you that Ewan McGregor did an extraordinary job as Obi-Wan, but Hayden`s performance as Anakin wasn`t that great.

§pearhead
I'm pretty sure that Maul's being sliced in half and thrown in the melting pit botches any chance of that happening roll eyes (sarcastic)

AND AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO LIKS DOOKU BETTER THAN MAUL??? Maul had no identity!!! Just kill and don't be killed. Dooku had a much larger role in the scheme of things then Maul did.

Corsie
I really don`t have a preference. I like them both.

Sith Master X
I'm with you Spearhead, I love Dooku far more than I've ever cared about Maul. I mean, Maul has some great Saber skills, but really didn't have much of a character. Dooku had a purposeful role and some excellent old style Saber skills. To me, he put on a better show then Maul.

SMX
cool

amity75
While watching it I thought how good Christopher Lee would have been in the Obi Wan role in A New Hope.

Anakin2Vader
No One could do a better Obi Wan than Sir Alec Guinness.

Sith Master X
Guinness did do a superb job, but I too could somehow picture Lee doing it if he were older than, still I think his role fits better as a villian then a good guy.

SMX
cool

Corsie
I agree with Anakin2Vader that Alec Guiness is a superb Obi-Wan. Somehow it seems like Lee is better in the role of a villian.

Sith Master X
Exactly, you know why this is true? I believe it's because Lee has a very deep voice with powerful dialogue, so it makes for a more evil feel. Not only that, but his appearence as well can make for a dark feel.

SMX
cool

@F1
Christopher Lee has mastered the villain role, from Dracula to Saruman
and now Dooku. And many other roles.

Turned down Donald Pleasence's role in Halloween (1978). (He later remarked that this was his biggest mistake.)

Sith Master X
Lee does make for an excellent villian, highly talented with a superb voice and dialogue to go along with it. I'm looking forward to seeing his showdown in Episode 3 even though he has a short role.

SMX
cool

Lyn
He was definitley a great Sith.

Corsie
Is it true that Lee will die within the first ten minutes of Episode 3?

Sith Master X
I also heard Dooku will bite the dust within the first 10 minutes of the film, but I don't know if it will happen quite that soon in the moive. To be a little more safe, my guess would be that he'll die within first 20 minutes of the film because that's when the war takes place and then after that, the plot becomes quite personal between four major characters Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin and Padme.

SMX
cool

Corsie
It will be interesting to see how he dies.

@F1
We will also see Sidius unleash the full power of the Dark Side. Happy Dance

phinney6
I like all films of starwars! But Episode III will be the best IMO

Sacrifise666
all of the sw films are indeed bad ass.

episode3 will be the best damn star wars film ever created.

what really blows is that dooku gets decapitated by a jedi wich i will leave namless.

Sith Master X
I agree Episode 3's gonna rock.

SMX
cool

Corsie
Yah, it will probably be the best SW movie!!!

Sith Master X
I most definitely hope so Corsie! smile

SMX
cool

Corsie
Don`t we all!!!

spadesmamma61
Ok I read that Mace decapitates Dooku? I liked EP 1 but only because of Darth Maul...very badass and I was bummed they killed him off. I think that Hayden did an excellent job. He was supposed to be sullen etc. Thats your teenage years....the character I can NOT stand is Mace Windu...I had heard years back they Lucas created that character for him becuase he whined that he wanted to be in Star Wars. Is that true? If so it's a crock. I see no usefulness of his character. Just my opinion before I get blasted by all the Mace faithful.

Sith Master X
Jackson stated once before he had always dreamed of taking part in a SW movie, however to answer your question, the role itself was not given to him just for the sake of being in the movie. I say this because if you seriously look at his positition in the prequels, his role is far too important for just some nonsense screentime. Also, Mace has no confrontations with Dooku so you'll be relieved to know that he won't be the one to slay him as far as I've heard. wink

SMX
cool

Corsie
I thought Anakin was going to kill Dooku.

Sith Master X
From everything I've heard, I believe Corsie is right regarding Anakin. There was no indications of Mace confronting Dooku.

SMX
cool

peluffo
yes, he is.

Corsie
Does anyone know how Anakin is going to kill him?

Sith Master X
I believe he decapitates his head with two lightsabers.

SMX
cool

Corsie
Two lightsabers? How is he going to manage that?

super shadow GL
i do not know but ep3 is going to be good very good

spadesmamma61
Anakin kills Mace as well doesnt he?

super shadow GL
probably

Sith Master X
Either Anakin or Paply will be responsible for Mace's death.

SMX
cool

Sith Master X
Not sure. It does seem quite strange that he'd use two lightsabers just to decapitate Dooku's head when it can simply be done with just one. It's only what I've heard though. We'll see the truth on film.

SMX
cool

Corsie
Yep.

Darth Venom
yeah

El Toro De Brah
this is my view using the pics ive seen from the EP3 Pics thread.

ob1 and anakin confront dooku and have a saber fight. dooku somehow knocks ob1 out and anakin uses ob1's lightsaber he dropped and kills dooku with it. after the fight anakin carries ob1 on his back to their ship.

Corsie
Interesting theory.

Sith Master X
That's pretty much how I pictured it to go.

SMX
cool

Creechuur
"quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Corsie
Two lightsabers? How is he going to manage that?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure. It does seem quite strange that he'd use two lightsabers just to decapitate Dooku's head when it can simply be done with just one. It's only what I've heard though. We'll see the truth on film."

Don't you guys remember Gladiator, when Maximus beheads the guy with two swords? You don't NEED two swords to do it, but it sure looks cooler.

punkkaveman
He might use two swords to make Dooku watch one and not notice the other.

Corsie
I agree that using 2 lightsabers to cut off Dooku`s head will look very cool.

Sith Master X
Yes it most definitely would look cool.

SMX
cool

Corsie
I wonder if Anakin will use both his and Obi-Wan`s lightsaber to kill Dooku.

Sith Master X
I believe so. Seeing that Obi-Wan becomes sidelined by Dooku once again, it's more than likely the other Saber used by Anakin will be Kenobi's.

SMX
cool

Corsie
Obi-Wan just can`t beat Dooku.

Sith Master X
Actually, I made a mistake. I said that Obi-Wan would be sidelined by Dooku once again when in fact, I heard Grievous is the one who injures Obi-Wan. wink

SMX
cool

Corsie
Oh, okay. Then does Anakin just carry 2 lightsabers around?

Sith Master X
Hmm...good question. Not sure about that. Well it is known that Grievous can wield 4 lightsabers at a time, maybe he loses one somehow and Anakin retrieves it, if indeed Grievous engages in the lightsaber battle. All I know is that he enters the scene and somehow hurts Obi-Wan. At least that's what's been said.

SMX
cool

El Toro De Brah
Well like u said b4 SMX...Grevious sidelines OB1... i had the impression that OB1 killed Grevious. Or could this be part 1 to Grevious vs Ob1 where OB1 loses but part 2 OB1 destroys Grevious. It could also be that OB1 is knoecked out while destroying Grevious. Too many posiblities!!!

punkkaveman
Yeah way 2 many.

Sith Master X
Yes, it's part 1. Grievous wins this time, but the two have another confrontation later on in the movie. wink

SMX
cool

Corsie
Does anyone know if Obi will fight Grievous underwater, or is that a different battle?

SeptemberRain
I think if Lucas keeps relying special effects rather than a good story like the first and second then the third will be worse than the second.

El Toro De Brah
Don't mean to sound sarcastic or anything...Tell another way of shooting a film involing The Star Wars universe that won't rely heavily on SFX. The story doesn't need working its the script (the lines). If the story needed work then not many people would be into SW as there is. wink

ragesRemorse
you know menace had better story telling, clones had better execution, so maybe 3 will be the best of both worlds.

SeptemberRain
My bad; thats true

Darth KickAss
I like all the sw movies but found that 2 was to much CG - expecially the chase in the city.

I am a bit worried about how much Flashy lights and graphics they are putting into the space ship dash boards of the new movies compared to EP4 where everthing is very industrial - just look at the aiming device in EP4 that Luke uses - you wont say that EP4 comes after EP2 after you seen EP1 and EP2.

Prog5000
Many non fans and fan alike believe that episode 2 was a true star wars film, but i really loved episode 1

Sith Master X
I loved them both, but found Episode 2 to be alot better, especially the battle sequences.

SMX
cool

Lyn
I liked both but, as I've said before, I liked Clones[/I[ better.

Darth Ravenous
i feel the same way, the past has better technology then the future(thats how it looks anyways)

spadesmamma61
Now this I definitely agree with. AT the time ANH came (I know cause I was there) it was all very advanced etc....but after seeing EP1 & EP2 it seems kind of dated if you know what I mean, special effects wise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.