Evil Dead Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Machete_guy
I watched evil dead 2 but i dont get one thing. Why does ash not have the chainsaw on his hand at the start, shouldnt all of that of happened in The evil dead 1? Its like it is just starting in the sequel.

Evil Dead
um......

Ash doesn't have a chainsaw on his hand at the beginning because it hasn't happened yet. What do you mean it should have been in ED1? It was in part 2 when Ash becomes possessed and becomes Evil Ash........it is in part 2 when the possession starts again and Ash cuts off his hand to stop it.

Did you pay attention to the movie?

Machete_guy
So what happens in number 1? i have seen pics of ash in 1 and he has a chainsaw on his hand..

samhain
You must be confused my friend. ED 2 is essentially a remake of the first, After Raimi refused to cut the first to give it a lower rating, he decided to make it again instead, throwing in newer ideas he had....I think.

zombieman
Its a remake except it carries on a lot longer than the original, part 1 ends after everyone other than Ash has died and hes about to be attacked by a demon (the camera is flying towards him), Ash turns around quickly and the film ends. This scene takes place about half way through the second film and it carries on from there.

Evil Dead
#1. No.....you have not seen a pic of Ash with a chainsaw on his hand from ED1. There is a promo pic (not from the movie) they shot with Ash HOLDING a chainsaw above his head.

#2. No samhain......ED2 is not a remake. At the beginning of ED2 they give a quick little summary of what happened in the first movie (to bring everybody who hadn't seen the first movie up to speed). That summary lasts about 7 or 8 minutes.....then the movie picks up exactly where ED1 left off.

For the summary presented at the beginning.........they had to reshoot the footage because they did not own the rights to the footage from ED1. This meant they had to change some things around. A different girl is playing Linda and the other three students are no longer present. Since those three characters all died in ED1 they felt it useless to hire actors to play these characters just for the summary. It also would have meant that they would have had to make the summary longer to show exactly what happened to these three characters.

Machete Guy......why did you watch 2 w/o ever seeing the first one?

zombieman
Im sure it was longer than 7 or 8 minutes?

Dark Phoenix223
I hate how they change the original story around in Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness.... There were a group of friends, not just Ash and his girlfriend.

Machete_guy
Yes ur right i was looking at the back of the evil dead #1 and it had this pic down the bottom.

And i bought evil dead 2 cuz it was very cheap and there was no number 1 there.

eggmayo
Army of Darkness...
Now, that has lots of bloopers.
At the start, Ash gives a summary of what has happened in his life until then.
He says - "I cut off my infected hand with a chainsaw" while laughing delirously.
This didn't happen. He cut his hand off with a butcher knife, and wasn't laughing.
Also, his car in AOD, when it falls, it is smoking from the engine, and in ED 2 it is not smoking until it hits the floor.

Machete_guy
No He didnt!!!! he cut it off with a chainsaw!!!!!!! Im watching it right NOW!!!

samhain
eggmayo, he did cut his hand off with a chainsaw, but I think it was more off a scream than a laugh, and the footage in AOD off his car falling from the sky was new footage, but the shot of him and the car landing on the ground was taken from ED 2.

Machete_guy
yes hes right...its smoking in ED 2 but its in the distance so ya cant see it but in AOD it shows the car up close and it is smoking...

Dejio
I love these three Evil Dead movies. smile

Machete_guy
this is my BOOMSTICK!

Evil Dead
I like all three...........but in all honesty, I think AOD was just a crappy idea. They should have made it a horror film. They had a great horror series going, then capped it off with an action/comedy flick. I like AOD for what it is..........but could have been soooo much better.

ragesRemorse
hey man ash did cut his hand off with a chainsaw, and was laughing delieriously while doing it, so that part isnt a blooper. I mean the face ash makes while cutting his arm off is the greatest facial expression in cinema history, It's psychotic

ragesRemorse
Army of darkness was a good movie, evil dead was a great horror flick, with a few more jokes evil dead 2 would have been a straight comedy. I think with AOD Raimi just went down the route he was hinting at with evil dead 2. I mean it would have been really hard making a serious horror movie with ash after evil dead 2. Fans were expecting some more of that edgy dark comedy from number two, even though all we got was slapstick, i think number three would have been better with more dark humor and risk taking than just a stooge montage. Dont get me wrong though army of darkness is a classic and always will be, but i believe it was a stone kill for the series.

Cinemaddiction
Agreed, and I'd assume we're all so whipped by the franchise that regardless of how poor AOD may be, we've got the 2 Disc Boomstick Edition DVDs.

But, ya know, anything to put food on B.C.'s table.

Machete_guy
At the end of ED 2 they were hailing ash..but in AOD that never happened..stupid producers!

johnnys#1
Trust u to be watching those kinda movies M_G......when i go to JDG house we rent out the scaryest movies we can find......but we cant go to video ezy coz we've rented out all the best movies there already...*shrugs*

Dejio
What do you guys think of a Part IV? Do you think they will ever come around to doing it?

BTW, said it before, but I just bought an "Evil Dead" Trilogy boxed set. YAY!

Machete_guy
is there a trilogy box set!! aaww i hate living in australia!

Asonja_Ruegerka
is my key boad still working? cool

Dejio
Uhh? In case you haven't noticed, I'm in Australia too! But you're right, we don't have locally released Evil Dead Trilogy boxed sets here. I got mine from "Rocking Horse" store, where they import hard to find CD, LPs and DVD's. smile

I just rewatched Evil Dead and I must say, although the monster effects of that movie were dated, it features one of the most awesome camera work I've seen.

Machete_guy
yeah...ill just buy them all sepretley big grin

Cinemaddiction
Hey! Did you guys know that New Line owns the "Evil Dead" franchise!?

You better not disagree with me, because I have proof, and I wouldn't want to embarass anyone more than I already did. LOLLOLOLMASTURBATELOLOLOLOL.. wacko

Primitive Screwhead #1
Blame Dino DiLaurentis and company for the change in style... they obviously wanted to take the Evil Dead series in a different direction, which resulted in the more "light-hearted" approach to the film. Still, leave it to Campbell to make the film a classic in its own right.

Machete_guy
LOL really? Wheres Da proof?

<<Solo>>
Yeah that bothered me how they did that. I'll have to find this box set that would be so awesome. And Cinema what the hell?, New Line doesn't own Evil Dead?

Cinemaddiction
It was a joke, stemming from some newbie assclown claiming that New Line owns the rights. I'm still waiting for his "proof".

<<Solo>>
Good.I thought I might of been wrong for a second.

Machete_guy
You probbably still are, he could be a wise newbie.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Army of Darkness is on TV in about a week so I'm gonna watch it, I haven't seen ED1 or 2 yet but oh well.

Machete_guy
Its a funny movie laughing out loud

Cinemaddiction
Don't worry. You wouldn't have to have seen either "Evil Dead" movies to enjoy "Army of Darkness". They are pretty much two totally different movies, save Ash thrown in for continuity. It's very slapsticky, silly fun.

Nnnnnnnno, New Line definately doesn't own the rights to the franchise. Not yet anyway. I think Myth and myself are safe, there.

Pred@tor
Coool.

Wolfie
Yeah, you can watch the Evil Dead movies in any order you want. I watched them in backwards order actually.

Cinemaaddiction, you kept my hopes up with that New Line stuff. -_- I was getting excited for Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash.

Celestialgirl
Did you know they are making a kind of evil dead comic book? I saw some pics in a Wizard magazine.

Dejio
Really? Now why did it take so long for anybody to think that one up?!

Hope they got somebody who draws really well. Aesthetic as I may be, I love my comics drawn beautifully. Duh?! It's a visual medium.

eggmayo
theres already a army of darkness miniseries
4 comics long

Dejio
Great. So I missed it. When was this? Who's the publisher?

§nakehead
ash is a pansey anyways I dosent matter. He lets a cabin full of his friends get eaten by an army of zombies. Hes no hero

Wolfie
Another blooper in AOD is that it shows Ash cutting his hand off in the living room. In ED2, he cut it off in the kitchen.

If an ED4 is made, I think it should be made like ED: Fistfull of Boomstick, the PS2 game. Because as we see at the end of AOD, the deadites are back and in the city. One thing, if it is made, they better destroy that robot hand somehow and get his chainsaw back. That's the thing I didn't like about AOD, the robotic hand.

SlipknoT
yea the chainsaw was a lot better.

Linkalicious
Hey i just ordered the DVD's for ED 1 & 2. Both are the special edition...would anyone be ble to tell me why they are "the special edition"

I know i should have looked when i ordered the damn thing, but it's only $12.99 a pop, and I NEEDED to have them....for collection purposes.

badash
If you guys like evil dead and army of darkness alot you should check out my Clan website. We are clan Army of Darkness!

lmk what u think of it!!

ownagenet.com/aod

thegreatrudini
i know its abit delayed but for all u guys that said ed2 is not a remake it is bruce and same even say so on 1 of the dvds

Wolfie
"i know its a bit delayed, but for all u guys that said ed2 is not a remake, it is. bruce and sam even say so on 1 of the dvds"

Amazing how periods and commas can clear up the meaning of a statement, eh?

What exactly do they say? I remember hearing somewhere that Sam Raimi made ED2 the way he would've liked to have made ED1 if he only had the money. That doesn't mean ED2 is a remake. It looks like a remake because they were unable to use any footage from the first film to describe what happened before the second film began.

thegreatrudini
Smart ass!!!

I think it was on the army of darkness special ed dvd. They said its basicaly a remake of the first because they had more money to make it the way they originaly wanted it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.