How do the dead come back in Dawn of the Dead?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Well how do they?

Evil Dead
Never explained. Not explained in Day of the Dead either.

PurityKnight
...who cares?... they're dead!...

dean7879
there were theories in night of the living dead about radiation from space bringing them back.....i think that would probably be the best explanation of it all

Zilverz
actually a virus that is independant from oxygen is more believable than space radiation

eggmayo

Dark Phoenix223
Ok, in the remake, its a virus.... Hence the foreshadowing hospital scene..... but in the original, it was some stupid radiation outer space crap.... That is why i like the remake's story better.... More believable

methinkalexahot
beats me I just wanted to know does anyone know any good freddy v.s. jason websites

Dark Phoenix223
Chandler- "Could you.... beee...anymore off topic"

Zilverz
you should be banned

badsymbiote
"WHEN THERE IS NO MORE ROOM IN HELL, THE DEAD WILL WALK THE EARTH."

That quote, taken verbatim, is the only one I noticed present in both movies. I've watched the new version 4 times so far, and the original was my all-time favorite zombie movie--unitl now. The remake knocks the original out of the park. The characters are realistically portrayed, and the zombies were the scariest I've seen. They're dumb as dirt, and not as ingenious as your typical zombie, but they're super fast and strong.
To me, it is obvious that a zombie bite introduces some sort of pathogen into the bloodstream. If it were a radiation leak or some other external type of air-borne virus, EVERYONE who died subsequently would be affected. It also would explain why the pregnant woman's baby was born a zombie--had the baby been born prior to her death, I'm sure it woulda been fine, just as a mother infected with hiv can still deliver a healthy, uninfected child, but her condition prevents her from nursing the baby, or she'll infect the child. The uterine environment is as separate an entity as possible to protect the offspring. So, pathogenic mutation or something like that, I would say. That seems a fairly solid theory to me, and theologically, more satifying that most other possiblities.

Freddy_vs_Jason
I think it's stupid that it's never explained, I like it in ROTLD how Trioxin brings them back, but it's stupid how it brings back skeletons. It's obvious that it triggers a spark in the brain, but skeletons don't have brains, if a skeleton was bought back then its moving the movie into fantasy, which is very stupid......

slayer
Freddyvsjason.com is ok methin.

jigrig
They came back because I got laid off from a Pittsburgh paint company.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.