just saw Final Destination..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tabby999
well i wasn't impressed at all. it really didn't do anything for me.
it all came together, but it all just seemed a little too hoaky, like they just run into that black guy in the mourge, he dosn't ask them why they're there, he dosn't tell them his name, nor ask for theirs, simple launches into details only the police can have and a deep and meaningful about death. i didn't like this movie at all

botankus
At the theater, I was praying for everyone in the film to hurry up and die so I could go home.

PurityKnight

Cinemaddiction
2 is much better, and the cast is more tolerable. I love them both, and don't care if I am in the minority.

tabby999
why did you like them???

Cinemaddiction
Because it's one of the most unique movie franchises to come along in recent memory. In a time where everything is either a remake, or a grab bag of things from the past, "homages" if ya wanna call them that, Final Destination is fun and original.

The first one is a little less tolerable because of Devon Sawa. It's a franchise about having the ultimate case of bad luck, and I love it.

@F1
I liked the first one the best, when he had the cabin rigged up smile
The death scenes in the first wern't as gory, just better.
Airport scene, with all the bad signs.

In the airport there are several sets of murals. One is of a bus and the character Terry Chaney (Amanda Detmer) stands directly in front of it. This is a subtle clue that Terry?s demise will involve a bus.

While trying to convince Alex not to switch seats, Tod's pantomiming of hanging himself foreshadows his strangulation.

Machete_guy
I Reeeaaaally disliked the first one but i loved the second..not many ppl say that, usually the other way around.

tabby999
while i agree the concept is good and the idea is origional, it dosn't matter much when what you end up with on the screen is sub standard

samhain
Actually I know a lot of people who agree with you. I've seen the first, it was ok, but I may make an effort to watch the second after hearing more good things about that one than the first.

goddess of cool
I ADORE Final Destination! I didn't watch the second one because it has a horrible cast and crew. Final Destination rulz!!!

Cinemaddiction
Er..you should watch the 2nd one, actually. The cast of the first would be the one to be leary of. Devon Sawa and Sean Patrick Thomas, namely?

The effects and story n 2 are so much better than the original, IMO.

PissedOffGoalie
how can u not like Final Destination?! i bought the DVD the day it came out and went to the premire at theaters!!!!!!!

Wolfie
I really liked the first one. I bought it right after seeing it on TV. You're expecting someone to die one way, you're waiting... then he dies in a completely different way. I found the second one to be kinda lame. Death is working backwards... ooh... nice twist... (sarcasm). I'll probably get it when I can find it for ten bucks. I hope the third one will be a lot better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.