Anti Superman!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

punkyhermy
SUPERMAN IS THE LAMEST,MOST IMMATURE SUPER HERO EVER TO APEAR ON THE FACE OF COMIC BOOKS!!!! HE IS A DISGRACE TO EVERYMAN ALIVE.WITH THOSE RIDICULOUSLY BRIGHT TIGHTS TO THAT STUPID HAIRSTYLE HE OUGHT TO JUMP OF EARTH AND GET LOST IN THE BLACK HOLE!!!!AND HIS PERSONALITY!HAHA!MR GOODY TWO SHOES OT TO SAVE THE WORLD!OOOOOH I'M IMPRESSED...CAN U HEAR THE SARCASM IN MY VOICE?!!!! mad evil face
HE IS JUST SOOOO PERFECT!PERFECT IS NOT NORMAL ,COZ NO ONE IS PERFECT!!!
AND EVERYBODY THINKS HE'S ALL THA!!!!IT GET 'S ON MY NERVES TO EVEN COPARE HIM TO THE OTHER SUPER HEROES!!!! sick sick
AND LOOK AT HIS NAME!SUPERMAN!SUPER,HOW CORNY!!!

Magee
Actualy superman probably made comic books what they r today being the stereotypical superhero. I agree with his cotume being crap. BUT he aint actually mr goodie 2 shoes as for example on smallville he's went badass and on avengers united 37 he was gonna pound captain america flat, also kicked thors ass.... And whats with the caps ffs realy annoying.Try to learn grammar and some spelling so people can understand what ur saying before u go ranting. big grin

kal-el
agree totally with Magee.this is a poor post!

Eidolon
The newer comics of Superman aren't as bad, he has a more down to earth personality and not nearly as powerful as before (though I still don't like him all that much).

I think Punk is refering more to the earlier Superman comics that came out in like the 40s 50s 60s ect... time period, in which I'm in tottal agreement.

MaverickIce
Get a life roll eyes (sarcastic)

kal-el
WELL SAID MAVERICK!!

Thee_superman
Yeah, two words for PunkyHermy, Fu@K YOU!!

Herr Logan
Superman is the paragon to which all subsequent superheroes are compared. I like the bright tights, thank you very much, but I do prefer Batman's threads. Superman was my first favorite superhero, and I still respect the symbol, but I will say that he is less flavorful than many of those those that came afterwards. I like edgier characters, or in Spider-Man's case, those that are more complex and/or humorous. Without Superman, the bad-asses don't look that bad. What are they going to compare the newer, darker characters to? Wolverine? That is how it is now-- even the dark heroes are light compared to the newer ones printed in sideline books written by people like Grant Morrison and Warren Ellis. You need both ends of the spectrum.

Darth Jello
punky, you need to see an episode of the ripping friends called "rip's shorts" starring Pooperman, ultimate parody!!!

LeAtHerRFace
laughing out loud Happy Dance

SlayerChick1188
Well i suppose if you want to take a logical point of view on this, you have to understand that Superman was one of the FIRST mainstream comic superheroes. He was made during WWII (i think), in a time when those so-called "goody two shoes" traits were prized in a hero; also, the name IS corny, but trust me, there are some that are MUCH worse than that! big grin He's a classic example of a brave, honest, and trustworthy good guy. I don't particularly find him to be my favorite, but you gotta respect the veterans i guess...

VENOMfan
I never was much of a "superman fan" but he paved the way for others with strange abilities and goofy clothes.......so he dosent suck, he rocks infact.

I still perfer captain america when it comes to the heroic symbol type superhero tho.............

but supe's gets a thumb up anyway

Spawnie
Whoever posted this thread has no clue about comics whatsoever. U should actually have some history lessons before u start wrinting stupid scommentary. Your dislike towards Sups is really without fundament.
If it wasn't for Sups we wouldn't have comics that we have today, times change so do comics and the taste for them. If it wasn't for Batman I would never get to read Spawn, and other comics that had Sups or Batsie for reference. Take your favorite superhero, put him on paper and then start adding up stuff on him, make him more cool. Make him the way u want him to be, with all that u might come up with another superhero. See that is the way comics r done, that is the way superheroes r born today. So Hermy plz be more openminded in the future, don't jump to conclusions just cuz u read a few comics and Sups looks redundant nowdays.

SlayerChick1188
EXACTLY! he was almost the ORIGINAL superhero...

Lord Ryugen
I'm going to with Punkyhermy sadly. Not because of Superman himself but for the tired ideals he represented. Think about it DC's worlds were usually almost utopian apart from the odd supervillian attack. everyone got along, there was almost no discrimination aginst people. This was a good idea in the Forties when good manners and being a nice person mattered but now in a time when people look out for number 1, wars are fought for no reason except money and men and women are killed for being different Supermans ideals are no more than a dead memory.
The only DC comic which truly tried to show the real world batman and even then there are references to the Superman world.
Thats why Marvel was so popular, because it showed what man would do if superheroes came to protect us. We wouldn't revere them and give them the help they needed to make the world a better place no! We would attack them consumed by our own petty fears. Superman is one of the greatest Superheroes made, one of the first and the standered by which most others were made, but he himself represents a dead dream of what we could of had.

MaverickIce
No Offense but

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/gay8.jpg

Rasta

MaverickIce
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here I got one:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/stfu.jpg

kal-el
People WOULD revere superman and the government and everyone would too, coz they know he's too powerful to side against. So you're not that right about the Marvel characters, coz lets face it, its only spidey who they dont like,and in DC they see bats as a vigilante and not as much of a threat as superman(little do theyknow).
You may think everyone's out for number one and many are but not all. You're a very synical dude.

Jason420
PUNKY SHUT UP SUPERMAN MADE COMICS WHAT THEY ARE TODAY YOUR RIGHT I DONT LIKE THAT HES TOO PERFECT AND THOSE TIGHTS BUT WITHOUT SUPERMAN WE PROBABLY WOULDNT HAVE HEROES WE HAVE TODAY SO LEARN SOMETHIN ABOUT COMICS.

1.GET YO FACTS STRAIGHT
2.EDUCATE YO SELF BEFORE YOU SPEAK *****

SPIDEY IS MY FAV THOUGH

Spawnie
I agree on Ryugen's point, I didn't say anything different. He's a superherp of his time, nothing more, but u can't dismiss him just like that. U have to have some kind of respect for history, cuz it's all that history that made comics better.

punkyhermy
oh wow!the amout of superman lovers out there!

Lord Ryugen
Uh Kal mate, you ever read the X-Men? The Hulk? Daredevil?
The only Marvel heroes that were liked by the public were the Avengers and Fantastic Four. But you're right about me being cynical Kal-el but hey no ones perfect

MaverickIce
The FF aren't liked anymore (see FF 510), I too read most other titles, actually hardly any Superman.

Lord Ryugen
So that just leaves the Avengers. HA my Cynicsim paid off

kal-el
Good points, wasnt thinking there. Cant believe I missed out x-men and Hulk.I must have been manipulating the thread to suit my point subconciously.I think DD is well respected in the comics.Well by the media and the people of Hells kitchen.I would know, he's my fave superdude. He has a better rep than spidey and the other pre mentioned mo-fos. But yeah............

Lord Ryugen
Oh well 2 outa 3 aint bad

kal-el
not bad at all!!

Jason420
some of the most read comics are as followed

1.Spider-man
2.Superman
3.Spawn
4.Superman
5.Hulk

VENOMfan
this seem's like a trend

VENOMfan
spawn took quite a dive in story tho, the hellspawn serie's hopefully is a turn around

Lord Ryugen
See mankind fears and hates anything it doesn't understand, therefore while Supes is a great superhero everything he represents is a lie

kal-el
I wouldnt say its a lie, but maybe his goodness, willingness to do the right thing is seemingly unnattainable. No-one goes out of their way that much, no-one is that selfless. But by setting such high standards, he is still an excellent example of a person because in TRYING to be like that you will at least achieve good standards in trying to achieve perfection. If you reach for the stars, you'll clear the tips of the tree-tops.

Spawnie
Spawn's story will pop up on apropriate time. It's always like that. I never lost faith in his story. But u gotta hand it to Spawn, it became among the most read in short period of time.

kal-el
Yeah, spawn's rise was meteoric. From just starting out in comics to best selling comic to movie straight away.They probably should have waited for the movie so they could have had a bigger budget, coz lets face it, it needs alot of CG and some of the CG in the movie just didn't cut it.

Herr Logan
On a site for all comic book movies, they don't even have a page for the Spawn sequel. Either they just forgot and haven't gotten any news about it, or the Spawn movie franchise is dead. I heard years ago they were going to do a darker, more "horror movie-type" film. Now I hear nothing. I say they should get the guy who did his voice on HBO to play Spawn, but I don't know if Keith David is up for an action role. He has the coolest voice ever, though, and he's perfect for delivering threatening lines. Much, much better than Michael Jai White, who I think is a throw-away actor in Spawn's case. I thought "Spawn" was terrible, but I would see a sequel if they made one. Clearly I have nothing better to do. I'm here, aren't I? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Spawnie
Lol, I agree. Ok, Spawn got a pretty ok budget, and they did the best they could with it at that time. The thing is that the movie got censured big time and they had to do it pg-13. That was the downfall of the movie alltogether. Todd wanted the movie, comic and animated series to be separate work, so both had changes and diversities from the comic.
The animated series that never actually ended will also never get a sequel or an ending. Keith David was the best voice for Spawn that they will ever get, but the guy ain't material to really act Spawn.
The reason why we don't hear about the sequel movie is because maybe Todd wants to avoid all that hype that happend to the first movie.
Mcfarlane is so busy that I don't know how he manages to keep an eye on all his projects. Hopefully if we get a sequel they will make it much more macbre and serious.

kal-el
I hate when they chop movie up to give it a lower age rating.Same happened to Daredevil. The most grown up parts of the plot(1/2hours worth) were removed and that crap love scene added.I know the film wouldnt have been as slated as much with the stuff they took out in it.It really annoys me!And now the directors cut has been delayed till next year. F*********************CK!

LordRevan
thumb down punkyhermy Never Post a thread Like This Again or i'll put a bounty on your little head. sad

kal-el
...............................sh*t!!

punkyhermy
i will post threads like this LORD RAVEN
and you can do nothing about it!
and oh ya keep up the disscussion!!!
but i cant believe you ppl love superman!

Gregory
I don't love Superman. I think I'm on record as saying that he annoys me (if I wasn't before, I am now). But I still don't really approve of this sort of thread. It seems designed solely for the purpose of angering Superman fans, which is just plain mean-spirited.

LordRevan
Hay i don't love superman is that i don't like people like YOU bad mouthing super heros such as superman although superman is one of my favorites.

VENOMfan
ok ok i can fix this....
*throw's hand's in air*

NOW YOUSING MY MOD-LIKE POWER'S COMBINED WITH BAD GRAMMER!!!

closing.............

damnit

LordRevan
Why do yo hate superman so much any ways Little Girl ?

Besides i'll never put a bounty on some one unless i have to. yes

VENOMfan
WHO are you talkin to buddy?

LordRevan
Buddy surely not you i was talking to punkyhermy

VENOMfan
ah, I was sort of confused. no harm no foul

Lord Ryugen
No one really hates Superman because he is the incarnation of everything good in the world. It's just he and the world he lives in can never exist and that is what I hate

mpatterson
who should play superman in the new movie, i think jim caziel the guy in the jlo movie angels eye i think rolling on floor laughing

mpatterson
IAM 22 TODAY!I OLD NOOOOOOOO00000000!!!!!!!!!!!!?

kal-el
HIM!NO WAY OMBRE!In my book its Josh Harntett(with a bit more beef) or Tom(smallville) Welling, who, before you guys slate him, is actually starting to show some acting chops in the series and lets face it, looks the part!

punkyhermy
um!lord raven
didn't u read the post in the begining,maybe that's where you'll find answers!

punkyhermy
and i don't approve of red panties!!!!!

punkyhermy
BATMAN ROCKS!!!!

LordRevan
Punkyhermy what the hell are you talking about?

Lord Ryugen
The only bad thing with Superman was that he was stupidly overpowered. Thats it, and since they've sorted that out the only thing left is what I've been spouting from the beginning.

mpatterson
hi people about the superman movie I THINK IT WOULD BE A BOX OFFICES SMASH BECAUSE THE FIRST SUPERMAN MOVIES IN THE 1970S WAS ASUCCESS AND THE 1990S LOIS & CLARK? WAS A GREAT TV SERIES AND PEOPLE WAS SAD THE SHOW END, AND SMALLVILLE ON E4 IS A GOOD SERIES. YOU SEE D.C ALWAYS CHANGES THE STORY BUT HOW HE GETS TO EARTH AND BECOME SUPERMAN STAYS THE SAME AND NEW SECRET ABOUT THE LEX LUTHER & SUPERMAN RIVAL WE GET TO SEE IN THE MOVIES, LIKE THE COMICS SHOW, AND EVERYONE WOULD LIKE TO SEE THAT.

Rasta
If Josh Hartnett becomes the next Superman, I'll eat my hat. Not happening, way too much of a tosser. Can't stand him.

The Batman
"Smallville" is terrible show. A childish, repetitive, ridiculous, shallow, teeny-bopper piece of trash that gets by on pretty faces with minimal amounts of talent. In fact, I may soon stop watching it every week. embarrasment

The Superman movie is dead. The film is in debt up to its eyeballs. Smallville will probably be cancelled by the time the Superman movie is ready to be made. This is official. Too much red tape, too much money spent, too many false starts, too many alienated castand creators. It's not going to happen.
I'm actually glad, because I don't want to see some pansy-ass pretty-boy piece of trash vehicle for no-talent eye candy to be named "Superman." It's bad enough they're making "Smallville," which is filth, and the only reason I watch it is because it doesn't cost extra and I have a sick, rubber-necking habit of watching horrible tragedies like this show and reading the "Family Circus" and "Dear Abby" in the paper everyday. Feh.
Maybe by the time they get their act together, they'll be willing to cast a real actor, not some teen idol. One can always hope.

mpatterson
maybe you are right.

kal-el
So you DO watch it then?! Interesting..............

punkyhermy
small ville

LordRevan
You know the Batman Has A point.

punkyhermy
oh ya raven i was talking about supys panty! not that is his fault he is soooo dumb. well you know i dont care about his panty its him and his attitude he looks sooooooooooooooooooooo stupid when he tries to copy batman trying to be all attitudy and do you believe it he is an alien.
oh ya why.... umm hold on my is says justice leauge is on sooo i need to go and watch batman do cool stuff so see ya later.

LordRevan
Batman is ok but he could use a little touch up on his costume superman had differnt costumes why couldent he have more than two. And what is the justice league?

eleveninches
yeah, i agree abbout the smallville show.
It's like every episode looks like a repeat of the previous one.
You end up thinking that they just shot one long show at the start of the season

Gregory
An animated show that stars the Justice League of America. Well, some of it, anyway. Batman, Superman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (but not Hal or Kyle, some black guy), and, inexplicably, Hawk Girl.

LordRevan
Well i don't watch very much T.V. i'm in a very solitude place where there is only computer's and quietness

punkyhermy
if there is such a big community of superman fans here,than why not make a discussion corner in his name?!

Gregory
There already is one, but for some reason, it's not in the Comic Book Movies Section:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f48/

The Batman
Maybe because it's a dead project. If "Killer Movies" means recent or upcoming, then Superman doesn't count. It's not happening any time soon, due to massive debt and frustration.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.