Dr. Cinemaddiction or How I Stopped Critiquing and Loved TCM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
So, I haven't seen the 1974 TCM since before the remake was released in theatres which I, of sound mind, attended. Of course, it sucked.

I got the urge to rewatch the 1974 version, after being less than favorable towards it since I saw it last. I think after approaching the movie a little differently, it was all gravy.

By doing the following..

Remembering it's 1974..
Going in. expecting absolutely nothing..
Viewing it as a home video..
Looking at it as a thriller more than a horror..

..I enjoyed it a whole lot more than my previous viewings. If I had to pick a word to describe it, it would be "plausible", as it felt raw, and extremely real. Not far fetched at all, and whos to say what really goes on in the backwoods of Texas to this day?

dean7879
some films sometimes need a second viewing....i found that out with tenebrae...first time i saw it i didnt know what the fuss was all about, but the second time of seeing it i fully appreciated it a lot more
i bet there is all kind of crazy shit happening on the backwoods of texas or all over america...its very possible

Zilverz
I generally pick up little things on a 2nd viewing. Sometimes you HAVE to watch a movie twice to make a connection. Unless you just have a crazy indepth memory. My one word discription of TCM '74 is "Insane".

I always remimber the scene when they are trying bash her head with the sledge in the bucket and grampa kept dropping it. That scene is just INSANE.

BackFire
Good for you Cinema. First you come around on 28 Days Later, and now, TCM, one of the greatest horror films of all time. Glad you enjoyed it my friend.

BackFire
Heh, Cine-Man, you're now the only person besides myself to have the original Leatherface in both your Avatar and Sig. In fact, I believe I once had that same exact avatar.

Cinemaddiction
Well, you know me. I change atleast once a week, and ol' Leatherface is finally gettin' his/her/it's due.

Evil Dead
- waits for The Shining sig/avatar -

Dark Phoenix223
The new Leatherface is scarier anyway.........

tabby999
that leatherface in cin addicts sig looks like a clown. thought i'd let you all know

dean7879
clowns scare me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.