Anime Conventions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trinity_Matrix
So...have any of you ever been to an anime convention? The reason I ask is because I'm going to Anime Central in Chicago this weekend, and it's my third con that I will have gone too. They're really a lot of fun. And of course, I love to cosplay yes So has anyone else ever been to one?

Shinobiprincess
I have only went to one so for but I might go to the Jacon

Trinity_Matrix
I went to Anime Central and Anime Reactor last year, and am going to go to both of those as well as Wizard World and Anime Sound and Vision this year (actually, I'm running a lot at ASV). All of those are in Chicago, though...haven't been to an out of state con yet.

Raventheonly
Im not into that kinda thing ...

DBZFan
I havnt yet, I never really seen one come to Upland, and I'm not really a traveling kind of person.

Kitoky
I haven't, but I've wanted soooooooo much!

Silver Stardust
*bumping*

BlackHatDefect and myself will be at Anime Reactor next weekend big grin

Anyone else been to an anime con recently/will be going to one soon?

BlackHatDefect
Yup yup(and we'll actually meet)

Im ganna be an-unenthusicasic-fangirl for hire.I donno wether to work for Pokey or glomps.....

anyway,if anyone else lives in the Midwestern area,come join us!

Silver Stardust
Yep, I finally get to meed someone off of KMC!!!

I'm going to be Rabi~en~Rose on Saturday (you won't be able to miss me, I'll be the one with red hair because I couldn't find a wig of the right color and the dress that's two shades of pink), I'm still unsure what costumes I'll wear on Friday/Sunday, if any.

If you live around the Chicago area, seriously, come! Reactor is a really fun con; it's basically a party con laughing out loud

Darth Revan187
Anime conventions scare me

Phoenix Aska
Where is it being held at exactly?

Silver Stardust
The Holiday Inn (which just changed it's name to the Crown Plaza Hotel or something like that) in Rosemont, IL.

http://animereactor.org <-- that's the con's website, it has all the info you'll need.

Phoenix Aska
kool kool...i could go dressed as Hiei...all though I think I'm a little bit taller than him...but I have the hair and the attitude already down....

BlackHatDefect
Where do ye live?

Phoenix Aska
No....i was just kidding I live way too far away....
I live in Arizona....
u must live kinda close to it huh?

songbirdforever
Stop using caps!

-WD

Phoenix Aska
SongBird go to off topic forums...they have some amusing stuff to do there....

Darth Revan187
I have seen pictures of cos-players on anime convention websites and they scared me.

Phoenix Aska
Hahaha...it's kool though to see people who like anime so much that they dress up like charecters...

Hahahaha..Jordan remember the blue Piccolo that we saw?

songbirdforever
WHAT KIND OF THING AND HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU MUST GO THERE ALOT AND WHY DO YOU SUGGEST THAT I GO THERE

Darth Revan187
How do u add the pics into what im saying?
Because I found some funny kid dressed as Inuyasha.
AJ I'll just send it to you over aim.

Phoenix Aska
i only suggested that u go there one time....
go there alot thats funny....
and what kind of thing are u talking about?

hahahaha and then are u even talking to me?

songbirdforever
duh of course im talking ot you
you said they do lots of things there

Phoenix Aska
whats the thing in the first part?

songbirdforever
I don't know your the one who said it you should know how your own brain wks

Phoenix Aska
sometimes...I don't know how my brain works cuz I'm thinking about something more important at the time....

songbirdforever
and what is that
sango?

Phoenix Aska
Geezzz...how'd ya know???

Anime Conventions are held in many different places...

songbirdforever
Men
Call it a womans intuition

Phoenix Aska
I wonder if anybody has ever fressed as a Sango in a convention...probably.....

songbirdforever
a goku would be kinda nice only if the museles were real though

Phoenix Aska
A guy being that buff and strong would scare me....

songbirdforever
i dont see why?
if he was on steroids yeah i could see the prolbem but what if that is just the way he is

Phoenix Aska
but what is the point of working out so much???
I only work out to the point of where I think that I look good...
Being all muscley and veiny would i think would scare people away....

songbirdforever
o.k. now your intresting me
i ment a non powered up goku

Phoenix Aska
can u get used to the pointy hair???

songbirdforever
oops guess hes out no i really couldn't
now you've spoiled my dreams

Phoenix Aska
hahahaha...it happens....

songbirdforever
SINCE IT'S YOUR FAULT YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO GIVE ME A NEW DREAM

Phoenix Aska
....It's ur dream....you come up with it...besides...how would I know what kind of dream ur looking for?

songbirdforever
well you destroyed my last on so if you can make up one you cant destroy it

Phoenix Aska
sooo...since I can't make one up for u...I never destroyed it in the first place right?

songbirdforever
now i'm confused lover

Phoenix Aska
yeah....I'm confused too....uhhhmmmmm have u ever seen a blue Piccolo from DBZ b4? it's rather funny....

songbirdforever
I have a vauge memory of something like that . was it a computer mistake?

Phoenix Aska
No...it was at an anime convention...i guess the kid just didn't like the color green...or maybe it was a computer mistake...i don't know....I guess that's something only he would know....

Silver Stardust
Hey, who said cosplayers are scary? I'm a cosplayer! And it's soooo much fun, too.

*goes off to bump cosplay thread*

BlackHatDefect
Cosplay is a gift from the Gods^_-

songbirdforever
do you particapate?

Silver Stardust
I agree with Black-chan.

songbirdforever
who is black-chan and what are his or her views?

Silver Stardust
Black-chan is BlackHatDefect yes

songbirdforever
what were her views that you were agreeing on?

Silver Stardust
She says that cosplay is a gift from the gods laughing out loud

WindDancer
Have lots fun and best of luck winning 1st place. smile

Phoenix Aska
Yes...good luck winning first place...ur going to have lots of competition.....

Silver Stardust
Oh, we're shooting for first place...we took second place at Anime Central, so we're definitely trying to outdo ourselves. Thanks! big grin

Phoenix Aska
Hey....did u ever say what u were going to be there???

Silver Stardust
Yes I did, I think...I'm going to be Rabi~en~Rose from Di Gi Charat happy

Phoenix Aska
oOo...maybe u did already say that....

songbirdforever
I hope both of you win. tell us when you do
Pa-at the top of the page i fussed at you for destroying my dreams.the goku muscle pointy hair thing.
Well I have a dream thats ten times as better than that was although its not really a dream
thankx

Phoenix Aska
Thanks Songbird...but only one person can win....

I'm hoping se does because al that attention would kill me at an anime convention....

songbirdforever
It wasn't me.
I still love you
read the message
sorry for getting off of topic please forgive this once
it was an emergency

Darth Revan187
I'd wish you good luck..
but we already know who is going to win--ME

Phoenix Aska
Who are you going to dress up as Darth Revan?

Silver Stardust
Anime Reactor is tomorrow....I'm really really excited big grin

WindDancer
Let me wish you again best of luck! smile

One question: Is it a stricly an Anime convention or will there be also Comic book shows? Certain comic book conventions I attend aren't always stricly for comics there is plenty of anime/manga around. Could you give us more feedback when you return, pleeeease? big grin

Phoenix Aska
Oh yeah...

Last one I saw there were video game charecters too!!!

I'd rather be a video game charecter than an anime charecter....but Hiei is still fine with me....

Good Luck Silver Stardust!!!

Silver Stardust
This one I'm going to, as well as the other one I've been to are mostly anime/manga. This isn't to say that they don't have other stuff, but for the most part everything is related to these two things. Last year, this one was kind of a mix of anime/manga, as well as American comics that have been influenced by anime style. I don't know what it'll be this year, though big grin There's always tons of people cosplaying video game characters, of course...this'll be my 4th con and the first one where I'm actually dressing up as an anime character laughing out loud every other one I've been to I've been a character from Final Fantasy X-2.

Full details and tons of pictures will come next week yes

And thank you!

Silver Stardust
Anime Reactor's over, wasn't that great, frankly...pretty much nothing was going on and somehow I hardly saw any of my friends at all over the three days. Plus I'm really rather mad at the judges for the masquerade. However, I did get to meet up with BlackHatDefect on Saturday, and showing off my Rabi~en~Rose costume was a lot of fun.

I'm tired, I'll write up a con report later.

InsidiousDreams
I'm going to my first convention in January. I'm so excited! I'm going as Lulu from Final fantasy X. Have any of you ever dressed up as Lulu? If so any tips about the costume or hair would be great!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.