Samarui

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
I just finished watching..The Last Samarui.. and it was by far the best movie i ever saw. probley the only movie to ever get me really thinking and feel something after watching a movie.

I think if these people really lived the way they portrayed it in the movie then thats just so interesting and intrigueing and beautiful at the same time.

Raventheonly
its really funny for me because samurai are archers first, and swordsmen second. Bushido was a really highly regarded practice in their time, but so is chivalry, i say give me a greatsword before a katana

Gravity Kills
i really liked that movie, mostly the ending.

the samurai is great moment in history

quiball
I really didn't like it much. it was too...i don't know...Tom Cruisy

jE¬KiLL¬HYDe
You spelled Samurai wrong. ^.^ lol

I haven't seen the movie yet... gonna rent it from Blockbuster eventually. But yeah... I hear that, even though the plot itself is good, there's too much focus on Tom Cruise, and not enough on the actual historical content.

I would write more, but I have a fever... X.x Need more Motrin....

Rogue Jedi
great movie. wrong section.

KidRock
^^this thread isnt as much about the movie as it is about the actual samrai

Linkalicious
Samurai archers are pretty bad ass....i like their abilities on a horse, but those bow and arrows were weak in comparison to medival times.

Long Bowmen had forearms like Pop-Eye. The draw strength needed to pull back a bow like that was like 200-250 lbs. Think about that for a second....from 30ft away....that arrow would probably go straight through you. I also read/watched on the Discovery channel that they chose children at a very young age and trained them to do nothing but be archers.

Fire
Long Bowmen were one of the best tools of medieval warfare Link but so were the Samurai

finti
"Your commission was written in the sand
No emotion could ever stay your hand
No consolation
No word of love or praise
Your fight is over
Your enemies are gone
Your fight is over
Samurai, Samurai
Did you ever dream?
Hesitate, wonder why
At all the anger you have seen?" -Michael Cretu (the dude in Enigma)

Fire
finti in a quoting mood?

yerssot
about darn time

finti
I saw you complaining about the lack of musical quotes Yersie

Df02
<----Scottish descent

Give me a Claymore anyday

badkittykitty
I agree the movie made me want to learn more about the samurai and their way of life

Linkalicious
BKK with a sword??? eek!

*pictures her as the Bride*

I'm getting the hell outta here before a limb gets hacked off!

Fire
hehe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.