Neo's wireless communication

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BioLogos
I know that there has been a lot of discussion about Neo's ability to communicate wirelessly with The Source, but there are two aspects of this that still confuse me.

1) Does he have a special implant in his real body that allows him to do this?

2) If the wireless communication does require some kind of implant, WHEN was it put into his body?

These questions go back to the old question of whether or not the machines caused Neo to be The One from "birth" or whether his oneness just "emerged". If Neo needs special implants to communicate wirelessly, then it would certainly imply that the machines set up the whole "one" thing.

Or, this could just be one of those "suspend disbelief" things. When he absorbed the anomaly code he just magically got the ability to communicate wirelessly. If this is the answer, I'll accept it.

Alternatively, I could imagine that he has just managed to figure out how to use the implants that the machines put into everyone in a special way.

I'm sorry if this specific question has been addressed before -- I've tried to find it.
Thanks for any insights you can give!

JediHDM
well, not different from anyone else. just the metal that allows him to jack in and the code in his head. it's not that he 'magically communicates', its just that his mind, and his brain, are wired to allow this kind of communication...its like people with telekenesis...or telepathy...their minds are just wired a certain way...Neo just utilizes the code he was given to connect, kinda like telnet...

it's no problem...at least you had an honest question...and i don't remember this being addressed in this particular way. its cool

Numo
I don't think that there is anything different to Neo's creation than anyone else in the matrix.

Personally I think that anyone has the potential to be the One it just happen that Neo was the one that Trinity fell in love with, thanks to the combined efforts of the Oracle and Morpheus. So anyone born inside teh matrix who becomes the One can 'touch' the source because all machines and programs and (yes that includes us) come from thge source.

JediHDM
if 'anyone' can become the One, then what about all the potentials that can move objects with their mind, that know the matrix doesn't exist? why didn't one of them become the One? no, i believe that the One was determined at birth, or perhaps even before.

BioLogos
> JediHDM "not different from anyone else. just the metal that allows him to jack in and the code in his head."

This seems reasonable to me.

"it's not that he 'magically communicates', its just that his mind, and his brain, are wired to allow this kind of communication...its like people with telekenesis...or telepathy"

I would put telekenesis and telepathy, if they occur in the real world, into the "magic" category. However, I could certainly imagine that the standard implants could allow him to broadcast and receive wireless messages if he figured out how to use them right (kind of like how people without arms or legs can manipulate computerized appendages connected through neurons that would normally be irrelevant to movement -- the equipment CAN do this job, but is not normally meant to)

I still have to think about the idea that he was determined to be The One from birth. If this is true, then he could indeed have special machinery that allows him to broadcast and receive. I know that this just came up in the "Ascertain the fate of The One" thread. Is there another place this particular topic is debated??

Thanks!

((The_Anomaly))
i dont agree with u on that Jedi..i think that anyone has the potential to be the one.....it just requires "a profound attachment" to something..like neo and trinity....

Numo
Why do you think they were called potentials? naturally you assumed potential Oracles, perhaps and why not potential Ones too.

JediHDM
no, i didn't assume potential oracles, but there you go again assuming what other people think. I thought they were potential Ones. What says that the One is not chosen from birth? what says people have to chose whether they become the one or not? Yes, Neo had to chose to believe he was the one, but that doesn't mean everyone is faced with this choice...Neo was gifted, even before he wanted to be the one, with the ability to move the matrix with his mind. We saw that in the fight with Morpheus, we saw that in the fight with the agent/swat, and again in the fight with Smith. Since the freed people say that nobody who was ever stood their ground against an agent and won, but Neo did, that means that nobody has ever been gifted to the point of anomaly, as Neo has. This, is why i say the One is chosen from Birth. This is not all my reasons, but they are convincing.

Numo
If you only knew who hard I'm laughing right now. People are going to think you and me are married soon.

Neo believed in Morpheus. he was searching for him when we first see him in M1. Because of this when Morpheus believed he was the One he started to believe it too but it took Trinity to convince him without a shadow of a doubt that he was the One.

When Neo first went to see the Oracle I don't think that she knew what he would look like, "you're cuter than I thought" because The One could be anyone.

JediHDM
laughing

is there anything that we can agree on?

Numo
I'm sorry, I don't have the answer to that question.

Real
802.11 G...simple as that

BioLogos
>Real:
No, 802.11 G doesn't answer the question. We already agree that Neo is using wireless (likely something much better than 802.11 G!), but how did he, a normal (?) human, get the hardware to communicate this way?? Was it installed when he was in the pod (implying that the machines chose him to be The One) or did he just figure out (consciously or unconsciously) how to use some latent capability of the hardware put into all pod people??

Real
oh dear freakin lord, can you jus take humor for wut it is? holy crap if i could explain how Neo can connect to the matrix wirelessly i would, but dont try to act all smart when i jus made a freakin joke...

BioLogos
> Real Sorry!! Sometimes it is hard to tell... there are enough people that just read the last few entries that laziness often seems more likely than humor!

sum1butno1
I've always thought that Neo was the One because he was less attached to the matrix on a subconcious level than others. He made the decision to reject the program on a near-subconcious level, or something like that (didn't the Archie say that sometime?).
Because it didn't seem like the machines knew who the One was until Neo began developing into "uber-neo", able to perform super-duper-human feats, compared to the merely superhuman displays of Morpheus, Trin, and other freed people. It seems to me that if there was specific code that was imprinted onto Neo at birth, they would know who he is.

Mrs. Sparrow
simple he's magic

Real
more sarcasm no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.