Hero of the Heroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yerssot
Read today that Choices Video made a list, ranking the heros we know from movie history...

Biggest one is Maximus from Gladiator (hmphf!)
than you have Superman, William Wallace (yay), than Ripley (from the Alien-movies), Spartacus (good) than Aragorn and as last on the list of 7, ... Bond, James Bond (mostly connery)

I hope that with the new movies he will get higher on the lists!

The Redeemer
Inspector Harry Callahan.

"DIRTY HARRY...you don't assign him to cases..."
"You just turn him loose...!!!"

yerssot
I just don't get how Maximus is still that high on the list sad or how Ripley is even mentioned

Evy_O
Bond should be higher yes
But yay for Maximus, this was one of my favorite movies clap

they even have Aragorn happy

yerssot
he should have at least beaten Ripley, some others are debatable

Evy_O
yeah probably, who's Wallace? confused

yerssot
William Wallace, from Braveheart, you know the guy saying
"FREEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM"

Discos
tbh everyone before bind deserved that part, except the ***** from alien movies.....grr

Evy_O
I didn't even like Alien messed
Ah, that Wallace big grin

yerssot
yeah, but also Aragorn?? ask this again a few years later and Aragorn is off again

Discos
I must say william wallace 100% "the" hero, even though i am fully scottish and very very proud at what he did for MY country smile....i have to share my opinion

The Gladiator deserved it, we studied william wallace in history back at secondary school.....and after studying all the truths and facts, he was actuall a cold blooded killer, when he invaded York he didnt kill just the duke of york at time, he did murder the women aqnd children as well (i think), to avenge his wifes death....

Discos - *weeps a tear*....oh bonnie scotland

Discos
OI dont say thataragorn man, i have been a lord of the rings fan for many years, before the films were out as well......so am ultra-cool laughing out loud

Aragorn was a great hero, more of a hero in the books than the movies might i add

yerssot
well, it's only logic to kill his children, y'know, kill his offspring, kill his heritage

don't get me wrong, I ment with Aragorn Viggo cause of the recent movies

Discos
not in my eyes, lord of the rings will live in my memories for an age to come

his character wont change with his new roles in other movies, i still pin-point orlando bloom as legolas and not as some blacksmith

yerssot
me too and Viggo will always stay Aragorn to me

Discos
thats ok then, very good

I remember reading the top 20 heros in the Saturday Mirror (newspaper) in the bus to the city but cant remember much more

Discos - i had a hangover but i remember rocky being last?

yerssot
rocky even made it ? stick out tongue

Discos
yeah i know, what a bummer

Bond beat him so thats a bonus

yerssot
but bond got a rather weak 7th place

Evy_O
ditto yes

yerssot
than again, you read the books, saw the movies, own the dvds, read all the other books Tolkien made and you speak elvish fluently

Discos
you are talking to thee, Discos? why thou shalt bne cast or smitted!

I have read 5 Tolkien books fyi, dont questions me on uncle Tolkien smile

yerssot
ok, so you're a tolkien nerd too stick out tongue not difficult that you think they'll remember them stick out tongue

Kaleanae
The first one is a Gladiator?
The Hero os Heroes should be Legolas stick out tongue
He has the looks, he has the fake voice, he has only bows and arrows and he is able to kill a more than huge oliphant, what else can you ask?
Joking messed

For me, the hero of heroes should be Superman, I see it in the list and he is the only one from there that is not from this planet

yerssot
and you forgot to add that Legolas also has the squicky voice stick out tongue

you mean a hero shouldn't be from earth? eek!

Kaleanae
Yes!! a hero has to be from another planet and has to wear tights!! stick out tongue

yerssot
there goes batman sad

Kaleanae
But Batman meets of the reasons to be the Hero of heroes, he uses tights!

yerssot
but he is from earth

Kaleanae
sad

yerssot
it was your rule he can't be messed

Kaleanae
Ok, so tell is there another extra terrestrial hero?

yerssot
the green lantern

Kaleanae
stick out tongue Another hero, you see

The Redeemer
Hey, K...that's a pretty addictive sig you have...I like it...it looks like something out of DUNE, I think... rock

yerssot
how about that flying girl from the Justice League? she from earth?

Evy_O
I don't like Superman messed

Oh no, now TR starts calling even MORE people with the first letter of their username... stick out tongue

That sig is funny and annoying at the same time blink

yerssot
why don't you like the man of steel?

The Redeemer
SUPERMAN has the best title music for a comic book hero...EVER. smile

RaventheOnly
Maximus!!! Maximus!!! Maximus!!!

Bond should have been higher though big grin

yerssot
of course, he should have been first stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.