R.I.P - Old School Horror Movie Videos?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
I remember when I worked for Movie Gallery, which used to be Video Update, which used to be Moovies roll eyes (sarcastic) , all of which will ultimately suffer a similar fate, we systematically cleared out VHS that hadn't been rented in the past year to year and 1/2.

Well, I was back in Movie Gallery for the first time in 18 months, and was checking out the VHS section, since it was 2/$1.50 rental day there.

I picked up City of the Walking Dead, Motel Hell, New York Ripper, Battle for the Planet of the Apes, Basket Case, and The Gate 2. In addition, they still had the Dead trilogy on VHS, Monsters 2, Hell Night, It's Alive, Dr. Giggles, Blood Cult, alllllll these old school horror VHS, which was kind of nice.

Are there any places around you guys that still carry titles such as this on VHS, or are they all going the way of the dinosaur? I know that Blockbuster's VHS Library has been widdled down to virtually nothing, as well as Hollywood Video just having 90's forward.

I'd really hate to see these just vanish, especially if they haven't been immortalized on DVD yet.

Evil Dead
none around me sad ..........it's all about the dvd now. What sucks is that even the older movies that have been released on dvd, nobody carries them. They only get the classic horror movies and new movies on dvd........no b-movies.......unless it was a huge mainstream success, nobody carries it.

Zilverz
i say RiP. we have a better media for videos now and they have more space for extras, Higher Bit Rate audio, and superior video. I would gladly give my vcr and vhs tapes to some 3rd world country.

As for hard to find dvdz. Deepdiscountdvd has a lot of US and foreign films. Check there

Evil Dead
yes......we can find them to BUY.......we're talking about rentals. Not everybody wants to fork out $24 to see a 25 year old B-movie that they barely remember. We'd rather just spend the $1 to rent it.

BackFire
I'm a lucky one. There's a small video rental chain near my house called 'Jungle Video'. They have an outstanding VHS horror section. They have a good 300 vhs horror B- movies for rent. All for a dollar. I love that place. Me and my friends go there alot and just browse around. This is the place that I discovered so many unknown horror movies at the time I rented them. Such as Zombie, The Beyond, City of the Living Dead, Cemetery Man, House by the Cemetery, and Return of the Living Dead.

I really hope they keep that section of theres, it's wonderful.

samhain

SenshiNaka
Im not much of a Horror buff but i like to watch them from time to time and my local video store has quite a good selection. I think most of them are mostly the cheezy crap. They have alot of the popular stuff though.

Zilverz
a lot of B movies dvd are only about $10 at deep discount . I had just bought CHUD for $6 free shipping on dvd

tabby999
unfortuntly where i live never had somewhere with cool vhs horror. i mean sure we have the stock standard friday movies (except jason takes manhatten and jason 4 god dammit) and all the fridays and halloweens but really they go to shit after that. there is the odd diamond in the rough (i spit on your grave, day of the dead, TCM, evil dead 1,2,3) the rest is shite. who cares about "the pool" do we really want to sit through "jeepers creepers" one more time? did anyone ever log onto "fear.com" i feel so neglected

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.