Soulfly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

total metalhead
Got their new album Prophecy yesterday, and damn its good. I love the whole tribal vibe they've got running through it. The sound is a lot deeper and more organised on this CD than they're previous work, plus I really dig Max Cavalera's voice, I always have, and he's great on this record. Really powerful. I reckon this album makes Soulfly the second best band on Roadrunner, after Killswitch.

Anyone got any opinions on it?

Df02
not heard it, but can agree with you on the fact that Soulfly are great, agree that the tribal aspect of the music really makes them stand out and max cavalera's voice is good.

after the vocalist change from killswitch i dunno if i like them as much, so id stick Soulfly and killswitch on tied for first, maybe even soulfly first...

loserib
soulfly are awsome live ive seen em twice once on ozzfest then again just this last summer in sac did your hear he fired all the musicians that played on the last record

Df02
yea ive heard em at Ozfest, they were ok....one of the best pits of the festival smile

loserib
yeah their pits are bad ass

total metalhead
Woah I didn't know that...why did he?

Df02
without trying to cause offence, i heard pits in US are pretty tame....... and not many people actually get involved (?)

i went to see SiKth live and that was one of the most hectic pits ive been to ever, i got a split lip and bloody nose, and i came off lightly.... not saying that you have to get injured for a pit to be good, exact opposite usually...but this was an amazing pit ^^
im quite tall and thin, so im a right easy target in there messed

loserib
well first he fired the drummer and the rest of the band siad if he goes then we go they are all in another band called abloom i think its to bad
that theyll left cuese mike douling (sp) is a great guitar player and used to play for snot

now about us pits being tamer then the uk i cant say ive never seen a uk pit

total metalhead
Go to a Slayer show. If you go come out of it alive, think yourself lucky. Tame? Hell no.

RebelPhoenix
I never really had a chance to listen to much Soulfly. A few years ago I asked some friends for a band that made really raw and primitive music with a good tribal baseline that you can really get into and feel - they told me Soulfly. That led me Back to the Primitive which I was quite fond of but I never got round to listening to anything else of theirs.

Df02
i meant comparatively, and as i said, i dont know first hand, so was open to be proved wrong...... you go to a Slayer show in any country and you'd be lucky to get out alive.... apart from maybe Germany, i know first hand that their pits are non-existant

total metalhead
well whatever, I know that pits in the US aren't tame compared to anywhere. I've only ever been to one pit outside of the US and that was in Mexico, and it was good too, but its the bands and the type of fans the band has that make the pit what it is, no matter what country it is. For example, Slayer and Pantera fans are mostly made up of six foot hairy guys in their 30's desperate to kick the crap outta anything that moves, making for some pretty wild pits, where as Limp Bizkit fans (yes I've seen them live, and I'm more ashamed of it everyday) mostly consist of scrawney teenage boys in caps and stoned chicks with nose piercings, so theres little or no action going on there.

and i'm sorry if none of that makes sense, i can barely keep my eyes open right now messed

loserib
ive seen slayer twice and they the most brutal pits they were lighting of m80s and seting their shirts on fire i cant wait to see them again at ozzfest

Df02
yea but theres differences between countries, like a Slayer pit in US would be different to a Slayer pit elsewhere..... meh, i didnt really mean for this to take over the thread, it was just a passing comment.

in UK the little teenagers are always in the pits, but they're the first to complain when they get hit, still, cant fault them for trying, gotta learn sometime :P

total metalhead
Yeah so back to the original topic, the song Prophecy is frickin great. Its just an avalanche of noise from start to end. I've heard theres a video for it too, but I haven't seen it yet...

Does anyone else actually have the album by the way?

Df02
ive seen the video....classic Soulfly, them playing on a cliff lol
The Guitarist from Ill Nino is in it, the 1 with the backpack on all the time :P

loserib
i forgot his name but he used to play in machinehaed too

total metalhead
Oh yeah...Ahrue Luster I think his name is. Probably spelt it wrong.

loserib
yeah your right thats his name

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.