Jean Grey Vs. Emma Frost

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JeanGreyDP
Just wondering if you read the comics, who you like better? Jean or Emma?

And why do you like one more than the other?

I'm all about Jean for sure. She's way more powerful, but she's a nice person. The cool thing is that she has a temper and when it's out of control so is she. I think she has a lot of layers. Plus, she's smart and beautiful.

Emma on the other hand....

Well, she's only good looking thanks to a scalpel and silicone. Plus she's a **** and she's just plain mean, she is funny sometimes, but mostly she just sucks. And so does cyclops for getting w/ her.

Anyway, what do you all think?

eleveninches
it happenned in New x-men: Assault on weapon X, when Jean found Emma and Scott messing around together in Emmas mind. Jean whooped Emmas skanky ass

JeanGreyDP
yeah that was awesome, I guess that means you like Jean better, eh?

ha ha

gambit88
i've always liked jean but it seems that you can't get her in a comic nowadays without the whole pheonix thing and it gets on my nerves i just want the old jean back so jean and emma is just plain ANNOYING!!!

eleveninches
I actually like emma best (dont kill me, please embarrasment )
I think jean is a much nicer person, but shes been around since the 60's and has got rather boring (even with the phoenix force). Emma however, is just totally wild and exciting.

JeanGreyDP
it's cool, everyone has their own opinion big grin

I really like the whole phoenix thing, but I can understand where that would get annoying.

Paola
I like them both yes
sometimes Jean annoys me..... she's always "perfect" erm but most of time I really like her...
Emma is soooo a b!tch happy..... that's why I like her yes

darkphoenix
I like them both but god, when they were fighting in New X-men, it was awesome, and can you say Jean did one hell of a show there! I really like them both, I think they are the best female characters in the marvel universe.

If I had to choose, I would pick Jean, but Emma is really close second. No.. actually.. if I had to choose i'd merge them both together to create Jeamma big grin Yup, that's my vote lol!

1-winged angel
wat powers does emma have

Beyonder
Jeamma

Now there's an idea! wink Both are smoking hot, but I'll have to say Emma cause of her sluttiness. Plus her white hair is just something unique - wonder if the hair below hair belt is white to? smile It probably is huh? wink And yes I'm nasty, but I'm also a guy and can't help myself. Emma's hot, you've got to admit. And Jean is hot but is getting old like others said - Emma's just a fresher face...and body to look at.

JeanGreyDP
Emma is a telepath, but can also turn her body into solid, unbreakable diamond. When she is in diamond form, she can't use telepathy.

Jeamma? That's pretty funny, but would be kinda scary. I bet Cyclops would appreciate it.

Also Beyonder, that carpet doesn't match the drapes- if you read the "Emma Frost" title you'll find she dyes her hair- she's naturally a mousy brown color wink

Paola
Jeamma? What the f**k?

laughing lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1

blu_phoenix
That "white" that you called her hair, is more commonly known to the rest of us as "blonde". stick out tongue sorry.

flavinho
well i would go for Emma just coz she's not Ms Perfect, actually i like villains more, people with no ethics attract me.

blu_phoenix
Jean is sooooo (very obviously) my favourite.

Sure she's been around since the sixties, but Emma's not that far behind her - it was in the Dark Phoenix saga (which, btw, so KICKED ASS!) that Emma first appeared.

I like the new Emma better than the old one, with her English accent and mannerisms and her bitchiness. Sometimes her voice comes through so clearly, and i do think that Grant Morrison did a fantastic job writing her on New X-Men.

However, Morrison also gave Jean more layers too. We saw her temper actually taking control of her (for once without the Phoenix taking over her - it was just pure Jean), getting the better of her, and then the deterioration of her and Scott's relationship was heartbreaking to read and, to an extent, watch. But it was so required.

I love that all she ever does is die for the sake of good, but after death number three i was like, eh, hold on - too many!

I want her back now. Maybe with less focus on the Phoenix force growing - just to see her fight with that power as an X-man again would be fab, without all the "Jean, your powers are growing and they're all bigger than ever and shit, is that the time? A whole series without you dying? Oh well you better go get yourself hosed down and run into an oversized electrical socket!"

Alita
My favorite is Emma! I adore her and how her personality is so unpredictable... she was just so mean and ruthless and then she turned and she has been so evil but has that soft spot (the hellions) and she is beautiful (even if I personaly dislike blondes).... she just has a 3D personality all over.
Jean is just.. nice and annoying. The only time she has actually done cool things is when the she was the pheonix force
Sorry that's my opinion

Darth Vicious
I love them both, Jean because shes pure, Emma because shes so slutty!

FieryPhoenix
My vote is for Jean. big grin

RoguePw25
Jean all the way.

Beyonder
blu_phoenix

That "white" that you called her hair, is more commonly known to the rest of us as "blonde". sorry.

Sh*t! My bad. embarrasment She is blonde isn't she; maybe it's how I would like her hair to be. Also, I think it's cause of her outfit being white and also her name "Emma Frost" that I f*ck up my earlier post. But she'd still look better if her hair was white, take a look at Magneto, damn badass looking with that white hair.

DemonicGambit-2
Uh...Jean for being all for the dream. But Emma for being such a great 'biznitch' happy

CPriss7
Oh I am soooo for Emma, mainly because again like they said before she's not "perfect" like Miss Grey-Summers. Im afraid that Jean has just been losing me along the way, she entered in the sixties, acting like she was from the fifties. Her whole point in the X-Men series is to come in, (after one of those many "deaths" usually) mess with people's heads, grow some new powers and then save the day in a big way and die (or transcend to a higher plain....same thing)
Well it was her whole thing with Logan that really made me stop liking her, because she was cheating on Scott, but then when she found Emma and Scott suddenly it was so wrong. She then attacked Emma, it wasn't even a fight, she was just trying to punish Emma and she chose the crudest possible route. I didn't like her after that, don't get me wrong I used to adore Jean I thought she was great, but then she never really got away from the whole die/comeback/die/comeback thing. Emma is a much more real character, and the only thing that Emma did that Jean didn't was wear more revealing clothes. sad Sorry I really don't mean to make anyone angry I just think that Jean is starting to get hypocritical. sick

Ironman 66
Jean

Redwards1024
stop calling emma a ****, she is HARDLY a ****! what she has been with HOW many guys ? ....SCOTT!? one dude in years does not count as a ****, she is eccentric, but not a ****. Everyone please stop saying " i love Emma because she is so slutty"

Paola
"I love Emma because she is...."
oooooops!!!

I was going to say it!!! embarrasment
sorry!!! embarrasment

ScarletSpider
I don't much wander outside of the General Comic Board, that mostly keeps me busy, and keeping track of more than one board would just fry my dwindling brain, but I liked this topic...so.

I like Jean more. I like both characters but Jean kicks ass. Although I don't like that often times they approach her as weak. Like the 90's X-Men cartoon. Most of her lines in that were "AUUUUGHNN!!!" crying out in pain like a weak little girl when she's just using TK to open the fridge. She's more powerful than that, and sometimes the bad writing if anything turns me off from her.

Hopefully they do a good job bringing her back this time, and with Scott hanging all over Emma I'd like to see how she reacts and how her character grows. Kind of a fanboy dream, but how about her and Logan shack up together and she join the Avengers? It would certainly create a new direction and element for her.

rebelyellsiryn
No offense or anything...but don't you think you're taking the hotness of a COMIC BOOK CHARACTER a bit too far?

rebelyellsiryn
Ok...if you caught your man doing the nasty with another woman...and the other woman was doing it MALICIOUSLY to get you mad...c'mon...would YOU fight fair?

I'm sorry...but if someone messed with my hypothetical husband, that ***** would be getting a lot of punches to the face....and then, of course, my hypothetical husband would feel my wrath. What I don't understand is why Jean didn't beat the hell out of Scott after that...I dunno....I think that would have been prudent.

Paola
^ I guess she thought Ms. Frost was manipulating Scottie....

rebelyellsiryn
I wouldn't put it past her to do somethin like that...good point, Paola big grin

Oh! OH! I heard in Astonishing X-Men #4 (in stores August 25th) Jean comes back and kicks Emma's ass.

I hope that's not just a rumor because...THAT'D BE AWESOME!

Paola
OMG!! now that you mention it:

WIZARD WORLD CHICAGO: PHOENIX RETURNS

Just in time for her 25th anniversary, Phoenix will star in a mini-series that launches in February, Marvel Comics announced at its X-Men panel at Wizard World Chicago on Saturday.

"The return of the Phoenix again -- and I believe this will be the final time, " Marvel editor-in-chief Joe Quesada said.

The mini-series will be written by Greg Pak, who writes Marvel's new Warlock title, with art by recently exclusive Greg Land.

"Greg Pak is one of our best writer finds that you have not read anything from or about," Quesada said . "Greg has had a bunch of pitches at Marvel and full scripts of those stories that for one reason or another, nothing had to do with Greg, these stories have not appeared in print."

Quesada later added that Emma Frost will be in the mini-series. "And there will be sparks," he said.

Jumpy

Paola
and her eye....

Society
Mmm, I like Emma best. Jean annoys me, and I agree she's been cheating on Scott with Logan and that's all right, but if he cheats on her there's hell to pay? It's just seems to me that while Scott has had to put up with a lot of crap over the years from Logan and Jean together situation -how there's always that attraction and then Jean gets a little competition and goes psycho, it just annoys me. And I think Emma and Scott go well together.

RoguePw25
Jean all the way baby!! She would kick that trash to the curve with no problem.

AuroraAura

dirtypop
In Jean vs. Emma, Jean is my choice. They are both great characters, but Jean is JEAN and for who she is, she definitely has my vote.
And if we are talking about who is good for Scott, the answer to that is also Jean.
Emma's also a great character; she's the best at being her snobby bitchass self in an appealing way. smile

Dazzler
i love jean and all, and i always want good to triumph but i think emmas got an edge b/c she is willing to play dirty! smile
*dazzler*

/\RK
shouldnt this go in the versus thread, Paola, u put my vs thread there, why not this one

Spiderman_RJ
jean is a *****, i dont know emma she looks bitchy but rather her then jean, specially after the phoenix advantage.

jean and scott forever toguether
IN DEATH!!!!!!!!

Lone_Dragon
EMMA!!!!! EMMA!!!!! EMMA!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE Jean!!!! Damned B!TCH!!!!!!!!!! >.<!!!!!!!!!! DIE JEAN!!!!!!! DIE For good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.<!!!!

Paola
'cause I'm lazy! sleep1

Truth is this is about comparing, not fighting.... and vs forum is for battles and only battles

/\RK
i think u just hate me and want to do any thing to destroy me, but i have a plan evil face hahahhahahahahahhaha, or do i? shifty

darkphoenix110
jean gave that girl a brutal ass kicking and she deserved emma frost should find her own man suggesting beast nightcrawler or crawl back to the HELL FIRE CLUB

Gryn Jabar
They'r to hot to fight, why not kiss/ do other stuff (on camera of course, recorded for posterity) and make up?

Rave X
yes
agree

pr1983
don't like either of em that much...

i do believe having emma brought something fresh to x-men...

The Beekeeper
I like Jean the best.

I liked Emma until the whole realtionship with Scott started. Another reason I don't like Emma is because she can be so over the top. She's always making some crass remark or insulting someone. I liked her in her solo comic, "Emma Frost" b/c you get to she the more human side to her, she was not such a ruthless uncaring character when she was younger.

MindReeper01
Personally I think Jean would kick Emma's ass any day of the week, but I'd like to see the 2 get busy ya no wat I mean smile

ayjay
i like what emma brought to the x-men....she wasnt a goodie goodie...and the fact that she hooked up with a really big 'goodie goodie'
(sorry pr..but u gotta admit....he is..and dats kool)....makes the whole jean emma scott triangle a little kooler....

o inly really like jean for her power.....and i like the fact that she's back again....i just hope they dun kill her again....she myt develope a complex ....

Phoenix_Avatar9
As a die hard Phoenix fan, I have to say Jean because 1. I like Jean's maternal yet muy loco (sometimes) personality 2. i like her red hair, its a bit more eye-catching 3. her sheer power level. But i also love Emma she can be transparent and hard ( just like her diamond form) but also at times, vulnerable. plus, u gotta luv the bad @$$ b!tch some of the time! bunny

blaise
haha jean for sure....i do like emma for her bitchness...but jean can have attudute too when need be ...and a temper...i loved when she screamed at emma frost.....in new xmen

eternitygoddess
JEAN JEAN ALL THE WAY.

I HATE Emma frickin Frost! Breaking up a marriage is awful and insulting a dead woman is totally low-class. That b*tch needs to learn some etiquette and stop prancing around like a hooker.

Ok...if you caught your man doing the nasty with another woman...and the other woman was doing it MALICIOUSLY to get you mad...c'mon...would YOU fight fair?

I'm sorry...but if someone messed with my hypothetical husband, that ***** would be getting a lot of punches to the face....and then, of course, my hypothetical husband would feel my wrath. What I don't understand is why Jean didn't beat the hell out of Scott after that...I dunno....I think that would have been prudent.

If I was Jean I would've dumped Scott's butt on Mars and leave him there to repent.

blaise
she probably read his mind....

emmma was messin wit his head confusin him...

forgot sake she didn't try gettin him onto bed lookin like herself
...but lookin like jeannn

Phoenix_Avatar9
I think of them as two sides of a mirror or yin-and-yang, opposite

Jean-fiery, incendiary, smoldering, hot-headed, maternal, nurturing

Emma-icy, frigid, glacial, cool, calculating, manipulative,dismissive

but also at times, Jean is normally level-headed and Emma can be passionate. Jean can play creator and destroyer and Emma also does care for her students and loved ones, It's just some people wear their personalties on the surface while others bury them inside.

xmarksthespot
If you take a glance at Emma's solo series you can see how she became the way she did. Her family is way f***ed up. Jean comes from a warm loving environment. Emma's a cold snarky b!tch (and that's why I like her laughing out loud ) but she has her reasons.

Also no one ever seems to notice that Emma does care a great deal about the well being of her students and she's suffered the tragedy of the deaths of her students thrice; her Hellions, Synch and her students in Genosha.

munkiesarus
So I see this new thread in here and almost cried: does the Diamond Doll need another hate thread? So I come in, and of course the thread starter loved Jean. I expected 304828 of those posts.

But yay, for every 3 Jean awards, there's one Emma award!

I personally love Emma Frost. She's not the outright obnoxious character that was Stacy X, but she's not Wallflower: She's got all Stacy X has but with class.

The faux British accent is hilarious, along with everything else Emma does. The writer's use her telepathy innovately, using it far from the convential means of "reading minds" and "erasing memories". Instead, Emma pushes bliss buttons, she makes words trigger violent reactions when heard, she uses her telepathy in a way the Phoenix never has..and that makes her so much better.

Emma Frost is an A-list Diva. She may not be an actress or a singer, but like every Diva, she's in full control of her domain, which is her life, herself, and her business. What Emma wants, Emma gets; She is a rich girl who has worked hard to get her wealth and doesn't mind fighting dirty to keep it. Emma Frost is the right stuff, she has star quality, she's the life of any party, and she always has to be the top dog.

Emma is the leader, the shining light, and the attention-getter in her public and private spheres. She has a quality born of self-regard, self-respect, self-certainty - all the self words that denote a faith in herself. She knows what she wants, and she gets it. Emma has the charisma to attract plenty of others to her goal. She is extroverted and intensely political. Emma knows how to work the crowd, how to motivate it, and how to lead it.

To Frost 'self' is the most important thing. Her 'self' provides purpose, structure, and meaning to Emma, for whom, in short, the world is me. She can often seem a bit Narcissistic, but Emma simply loves being Emma. She's prepared to work hard, to plan, and to endure hardship if necessary in order to get what she feels she deserves. Emma believes that she was "born under a lucky star" and her life seems to bear it out. Usually what she wants involves status and image and/or power. She's definitely the Hollywood type having a gorgeous body and wearing fabulous clothes. She sits on the most powerful and prestigious committees, her image-consciousness is genuine; she seeks to be and succeed in becoming what she believes she is to begin with: an important, deserving woman.

The White Queen is an outgoing, high-energy, competitive female who is able to absorb data easily, to see the big picture, to make decisions, to plan, to set priorities and goals, and to delegate. At work as well as in every other aspect of her life, Frost is instinctively political. She's a natural at understanding the power structure of an organization and at establishing effective political alliances. She can be jealous of those who have more power than she, and she's not squeamish about attempting to unseat them. This woman is popular and attractive. Her sense of herself and her certainty in her projects draws others to her. And she is very good at being loved. She is not shy, not in the least embarrassed by the attentions paid by a person who loves her. She needs to be needed, and she'll work hard to gain and maintain a person's loving admiration. Emma knows what to do to get your attention and how to win you over.

Emma definitely has a temper, and when she is crossed or slighted, she'll show it. In addition, she can be envious of others whom she perceives as more successful than she, whether it is in love or business. But her strong sense of self, her success orientation, and her political savvy usually protect her from letting her less 'admirable' feelings get the best of her.

Back to her Narcissistic traits, Emma is often characterized by self-centeredness and self-interest, grandiosity, lack of empathy, and manipulative ness. She can often become preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love. That is why it was so easy for her to fall into the grips of the Hellfire Club so many years ago. The promises of total power blinded her.

Jean Grey does not have the depth of this personality. So she becomes Dark Phoenix once in a while. Boo hoo. Only then does she go crazy. Otherwise, she's this nice, warm person whom the students can go to for help. Emma has better things to do. And while that might make her a bad person, to me she's the more real of the two.

pr1983
i cant read all that... too much... embarrasment

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by munkiesarus
So I see this new thread in here and almost cried: does the Diamond Doll need another hate thread? So I come in, and of course the thread starter loved Jean. I expected 304828 of those posts.

But yay, for every 3 Jean awards, there's one Emma award!

I personally love Emma Frost. She's not the outright obnoxious character that was Stacy X, but she's not Wallflower: She's got all Stacy X has but with class.

The faux British accent is hilarious, along with everything else Emma does. The writer's use her telepathy innovately, using it far from the convential means of "reading minds" and "erasing memories". Instead, Emma pushes bliss buttons, she makes words trigger violent reactions when heard, she uses her telepathy in a way the Phoenix never has..and that makes her so much better.

Emma Frost is an A-list Diva. She may not be an actress or a singer, but like every Diva, she's in full control of her domain, which is her life, herself, and her business. What Emma wants, Emma gets; She is a rich girl who has worked hard to get her wealth and doesn't mind fighting dirty to keep it. Emma Frost is the right stuff, she has star quality, she's the life of any party, and she always has to be the top dog.

Emma is the leader, the shining light, and the attention-getter in her public and private spheres. She has a quality born of self-regard, self-respect, self-certainty - all the self words that denote a faith in herself. She knows what she wants, and she gets it. Emma has the charisma to attract plenty of others to her goal. She is extroverted and intensely political. Emma knows how to work the crowd, how to motivate it, and how to lead it.

To Frost 'self' is the most important thing. Her 'self' provides purpose, structure, and meaning to Emma, for whom, in short, the world is me. She can often seem a bit Narcissistic, but Emma simply loves being Emma. She's prepared to work hard, to plan, and to endure hardship if necessary in order to get what she feels she deserves. Emma believes that she was "born under a lucky star" and her life seems to bear it out. Usually what she wants involves status and image and/or power. She's definitely the Hollywood type having a gorgeous body and wearing fabulous clothes. She sits on the most powerful and prestigious committees, her image-consciousness is genuine; she seeks to be and succeed in becoming what she believes she is to begin with: an important, deserving woman.

The White Queen is an outgoing, high-energy, competitive female who is able to absorb data easily, to see the big picture, to make decisions, to plan, to set priorities and goals, and to delegate. At work as well as in every other aspect of her life, Frost is instinctively political. She's a natural at understanding the power structure of an organization and at establishing effective political alliances. She can be jealous of those who have more power than she, and she's not squeamish about attempting to unseat them. This woman is popular and attractive. Her sense of herself and her certainty in her projects draws others to her. And she is very good at being loved. She is not shy, not in the least embarrassed by the attentions paid by a person who loves her. She needs to be needed, and she'll work hard to gain and maintain a person's loving admiration. Emma knows what to do to get your attention and how to win you over.

Emma definitely has a temper, and when she is crossed or slighted, she'll show it. In addition, she can be envious of others whom she perceives as more successful than she, whether it is in love or business. But her strong sense of self, her success orientation, and her political savvy usually protect her from letting her less 'admirable' feelings get the best of her.

Back to her Narcissistic traits, Emma is often characterized by self-centeredness and self-interest, grandiosity, lack of empathy, and manipulative ness. She can often become preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love. That is why it was so easy for her to fall into the grips of the Hellfire Club so many years ago. The promises of total power blinded her.

Jean Grey does not have the depth of this personality. So she becomes Dark Phoenix once in a while. Boo hoo. Only then does she go crazy. Otherwise, she's this nice, warm person whom the students can go to for help. Emma has better things to do. And while that might make her a bad person, to me she's the more real of the two.

Basically Emma rock
And I agree.

munkiesarus
Originally posted by pr1983
i cant read all that... too much... embarrasment

Well trust me; it's well thought out, lol.

pr1983
Well trust me; it's well thought out, lol.

Its good... yes well thought out too...

FieryBalrog

Jean Grey does not have the depth of this personality. So she becomes Dark Phoenix once in a while. Boo hoo. Only then does she go crazy. Otherwise, she's this nice, warm person whom the students can go to for help. Emma has better things to do.

you should read more comics before you make such definitive statements about characters personalities. whistle

This is like me saying Emma is snotty & self centered... its just a surface reading.

your favorite character Emma has a better grasp on Jean's character than you do big grin She describes Jean as a "bundle of violent emotions". Which is somewhere near the truth, in the comics.

Have you ever wondered why the Jean from the comics, the movies and the cartoons (like Evolution)- why are they all so different, but all of them are partly true to the comics? How can you have so much trouble adapting a supposedly personality-less character?

For example, shes supposed to be a great mothering figure (which she can be), but she was distinctly cold to her "daughter" Rachel for a long time. She is supposed to be nice and gentle, but when shes threatened, she gets pretty fierce, even excessively violent, such as when Emma threatens her marriage; or when the kids at the school are under attack; or when Sabretooth was at the mansion. She has class and dignity on top of it. Shes supposed to be Charles's lapdog, but unlike Scott, she breaks with him often (over Sabretooth, over Scott's death by Apocalypse, over Fantomex) and shes independent in her own right.

Note that all of this is without any reference to the supposedly one interesting thing about her character, the Phoenix (which is pretty interesting, but leaving it aside...). She was angrily protective when the X-men first went to fight the Shi'ar and quite violent when she fought Firelord....

Her power and personality are distinctly feminine and forceful which I admire... shes not flashy, or gimmicky, but she has class and dignity...

dammit its hard to put it into words wink

Cosmic Flame
Thanks, Fiery. You saved me from writing thesis length response. All that you said is true.

The Phoenix burns through lies, you know?

pr1983
and for once scott aint in the middle... big grin

blaise
yupppppppppppsmile nicely put fiery

Phoenix_Avatar9
Yay Fiery!!! Happy Dance

munkiesarus
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
you should read more comics before you make such definitive statements about characters personalities. whistle

This is like me saying Emma is snotty & self centered... its just a surface reading.

your favorite character Emma has a better grasp on Jean's character than you do big grin She describes Jean as a "bundle of violent emotions". Which is somewhere near the truth, in the comics.

Have you ever wondered why the Jean from the comics, the movies and the cartoons (like Evolution)- why are they all so different, but all of them are partly true to the comics? How can you have so much trouble adapting a supposedly personality-less character?

For example, shes supposed to be a great mothering figure (which she can be), but she was distinctly cold to her "daughter" Rachel for a long time. She is supposed to be nice and gentle, but when shes threatened, she gets pretty fierce, even excessively violent, such as when Emma threatens her marriage; or when the kids at the school are under attack; or when Sabretooth was at the mansion. She has class and dignity on top of it. Shes supposed to be Charles's lapdog, but unlike Scott, she breaks with him often (over Sabretooth, over Scott's death by Apocalypse, over Fantomex) and shes independent in her own right.

Note that all of this is without any reference to the supposedly one interesting thing about her character, the Phoenix (which is pretty interesting, but leaving it aside...). She was angrily protective when the X-men first went to fight the Shi'ar and quite violent when she fought Firelord....

Her power and personality are distinctly feminine and forceful which I admire... shes not flashy, or gimmicky, but she has class and dignity...

dammit its hard to put it into words wink

To each, his own!

Right, so me calling Jean bland was a bit bias (or a lot wink ) but I honestly prefer Emma to Jean.

Too many Jean fans around here...sheesh stick out tongue!

xmarksthespot
laughing out loud Threads keep getting started so that people can say how much they love Jean and how much they hate Emma. What's up with that?

I like them both but Emma is by far more interesting in my opinion.

blaise
which threads...this is started from a long time ago.....and another one states what emma has done wrong...nuffin about how its a hate emma....
most of us don't hate emma ..we jus don't like what she does sometimes...shes not all that bad...we do see her goodpoints in ways .....its jus that she looks chosing to do some things emorrally thats allll..

eternitygoddess
^Good point Blaise. On a neutral ground and in the past, I liked Emma because she has such a unique personality. She's the epitome of a diva all the way down to her mutant abilites.

But some of the things she has done recently is downright malicious and mean, and she did it to Jean Grey who happens to be my favorite character. As a result, I have completely turned against her.

FieryBalrog
To each, his own!

Right, so me calling Jean bland was a bit bias (or a lot wink ) but I honestly prefer Emma to Jean.

Too many Jean fans around here...sheesh stick out tongue!

To each his own of course! punk For the record I quite like how Emma is being written over on Astonishing- cold, relentless and funny.

I dont like her so much on X-men because it seems shes being shoved in our faces (like X-23 or in the past Cable) on that book and shes not written nearly so well.

munkiesarus
Well, X-Men right now isn't much famous for its...yeah stick out tongue

Phoenix_Avatar9
I personally love them both, Emma has tried to atone for wrongs she has commited in the past. The only thing I was irked about is the affair, but I'm pretty much over it.

bitca730
I prefer Emma over Jean personality wise...even though I admire telepathy and telekinesis over telepathy and diamond skin...Emma also has better costumes...it's a draw between code names: the Phoenix & the White Queen...but Emma Frost is a cooler real name than Jean Grey...
Just my opinions...

supreme_being
i think emma is a more realistic character but i dont like what she did to jean and i think jean as better abilities...well emma frost refelects her personality...frozen, i just dont see how heartless she can be sometimes...the only time i ever felt warmth towards emma was in endsong when she actually did something nice for jean...but in my opinion jean is better off alone, i mean she can hardly trust cyclops and he still 'loves' her which i think is complete bull"hit becuz why wud he go with that tart emma if he still loved jean!

supreme_being
and what also annoys me is she doesnt wear a standard x-men uniform which in my opinion would show that she wants to be apart of the team but clearly she doesnt as she is tarted up in those really bad looking pieces of material that hang from her body...jean would rip her to shreds anyday and who is emma to threatin jean i mean jean has been their the longest, the only time she caused havok was when she was the phoenix, which she tried her best to stop and did...she fought it like achamp and here comes ms emma frost thinkin she is cool and takin jeans man and takin her life...HOW DARE SHE!!!

hotsauce6548
I like 'em both, but Jean's cooler when she's angry. droolio

wannabe
I like them both too, but Emma is still much more interesting to me.
I loved her own title and found it pretty usefull for an understanding why she is the woman she is nowadays.
I like Emma for not being perfect, not even seeming to be perfect and for being powerful, but not being as ridiculously powerful as the Grey-Clan-Members.

bitca730
Even though I still prefer Emma overall, I forgot to mention that Jean deserves alot of praise because after the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix Saga, she DID increase the status of the X-Men to become major players in Marvel Comics history...

Stormluvr
Storm is my favorite jean is second

bitca730
^^^BUMP BUMP BUMP^^^

I=Cat^.^Woman=I
i like jean grey better

i dont really like emma that much but i havnt read all the comic books on both of them

srankmissingnin
Jean >>>>>>> Emma

Emma and Scott >>>>>> Jean and Scott

maxman1180
I vote for Jean rolling on floor laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.