how long

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ladygrim
people of this forum plz can you answer yet another question bout lord of the rings ....... how long does it take them to destroy the ring .from the moment they left the shire to the actual destroying of it.....rather puzzling for me.....i have read the books and watched the moviez but i tstill can't figure it out cuz none of them celebrate a birthday part from bilbo.. eek!

Thorondor
14 months is it not?

sauron
a little over a year

frodo gets the ring-nothing happens for 17 years-frodo sets out to destroy ring-one year passes-frodo is coming home

ladygrim
i haven't a clue....i don't remeber seeing anything bout the length of time ...

Exa
The actual way from Shire to Mordor takes them from the end of september (3018) until end of March (3019)

ladygrim
thnx you are kind put my mind at ease now .... wouldn't it be crap if you lost track of the days you couldn't celebrate your birthday

sauron
that cant be right
thats seven months
so it takes another 5 months to ride unchallenged back to weathertop confused

ladygrim
okay maybe not .... i know it doesn't take em that long to get to the weather top cuz i just read that bit in the book last nite

Exa
They stay in Ithilien for ages, then in Rivendell smile

sauron
if the ring to mordor was seven months
to get back to weathertop would take five months as when they pass it frodo feels the pain in his shoulder again, it is exacly one year since he was stabbed

ladygrim
i wouldn't think it was five mnths tho bit of a friging delay

Exa
But there is no doubt that the ring was destroyed at the end of March... 25th i think... the wedding of aragorn and arwen is two months later between june and july... and are back in the shire on the 21st of september afair

sauron
*goes to check*

*comes back* embarrasment i was foolish to disagree

ladygrim
so is it 14 mnths or not

sauron
whats seven plus five
do the math

Exa
@Sauron - laughing out loud

No, the journey from the Shire to Mordor was exactly 6 months, but it took another 6 months after the destruction of the ring until the hobbits returned to the Shire.

ladygrim
14 even though i failed maths that was rather simple

Exa
7 + 5 = 14??? messed messed lol english maths is funny messed

Thorondor
lol it was 14 in the film so that's what im going by stick out tongue

i was going to say the same thing exa but i thought nah.

ladygrim
oh yay thank thank you

Exa
OOOOPS sshhh forget what I said... after 12 months they're in RIVENDELL where they stay so long that all in all it's 14 months until theyre back in the shire stick out tongue embarrasment

ladygrim
that is one long winded trip ....so how many miles is that ....... heehee

Thorondor
HAHAHAHA THOR IS THE MASTER OF KNOWLEDGE MWUAHAHAHAH

sauron
miles...well in middle earth they tend to favour using leagues not miles
how many miles in a league
beats me

ladygrim
shame aeroplanes weren't bouyt for them

Exa
3 miles are one league

ladygrim
then how many leagues did they travel

sauron
alot

ladygrim
ok

Exa
Indeed a lot
I'll work it out stick out tongue will take a while...

Thorondor

Exa

Thorondor
exa i was just joking lol i didn't measure it stick out tongue

Exa

A.D. Skinner
Okay...just so we can all be sure of something here...since the last couple of entries have gotten off topic.

Frodo left the Shire and Bagend on Sep. 23, 3018
Frodo destroyed the Ring in the fires of Mount Doom on Mar. 25, 3019

So that is just about 6 months.

It wasn't until Sep 29th, 3021 that Frodo left Middle Earth for the Undyling lands.

Hopefully this answers the original question.

That's all I have to say about that

ladygrim
what ever do o all big headed now

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.