Tokyo Mew Mew redo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackHatDefect
yess..as many f you heard...FOX BOX is adding Tokyo Mew Mew in its line-up.As much as i DISPISE tmm with a passion,nothng deserves this.Now,were going to have little kids running around claiming they are Ichigo(or whatever her engish name may be).Im dead-sure they will change its adorable theme song,and call it "Hollywood Mew Mew"r somthng.
what do yall think about TMM coming on Fox BOx?

tigida_tigida
never heard of it

Kitoky
Well Fox Box has always added new kiddy shows but I guess it's appropriate...don't really plan on watching it.

misao39
TMM is a vrey cute anime and resembles to Sailor Moon

tigida_tigida
oh...i get ya

Lord Ryugen
I think I'm gonna throw up

champion
is my sig showing up

crazy_c
no.......

I've never seen tokyo mew mew, is it good? It looks quite cute.

BlackHatDefect
ehh..its ok i guees.Its very very cute,but the caracterazation is a bit weak/all of the relationships are horrid.I stopped buyinmg after 3 because of how annoying the catacters/ships were.None the less,its kinda cute,andd the art is great.If you base your anime on cuteness/or art,try it.But if you want deep relationship/like the bad boys/cool catacters boys getting the girl,and complex caracters,skip it!

crazy_c
ah okies

Lord Ryugen
Yes it does look cute...WHICH IS WHY IT MUST BE DESTROYED. Cute things are evil, pure evil I fear cute things so badly it does really drive me insane. The last time someone showed me a cute picture (A Care Bear printout) I flipped and tore it apart, chewed the remains and then crushed what was left. In the middle of a public place. This is almost as high on my fear list. Please someone help me end this travisty

Wind Queen
DOes any one know where i can get all of the tokyo mew mew episodes on the computer

Reborn Again
Can you say Sailor Moon? 'cause they look like them.

BlackHatDefect
yeh,thats kinda it,TMM,Sailor Moon,Weddig Peach,theres a whole genere for Magical girls you know

Arachnoidfreak
When i first saw an ad of Wedding Peach i though "They made a Sailor Moon spinoff?" This looks like another rip-off. I agree with Lord Ryugen here, cute things must die. Except for Ryo-okii.

BlackHatDefect
AGGGH!What is WITH men/cute things.....i mean,i know you guys wanna be all tough and all but you have to accept that cute things are pretty cool...er.,..most of the time..i mean unless were talking A Little Snow Fairy Sugar,that was just annoying!

crazy_c
I agree whole heartedly. Cute things are fun things. happy

WhiteFox87
Yep, I think cute things are REALLY kewl and I like Tokyo Mew Mew, i mean it's alright but not my fav thing.

My fav anime are Fruits Basket, Yu-Yu Hakusho, Inu-Yasha and well....the list could go on all day,lol, sooo i'll spare you all,hehe.

Trinity_Matrix
I love Tokyo Mew Mew, it's adorable (I read the Japanese manga in Nakayoshi), and I can't believe what Fox Box is doing to it. Ichigo, Pudding, Mint, Lettuce, and Zakuro do NOT deserve this fate.

Lord Ryugen
NO!! cute things are scary things weep

crazy_c
ah poo. how can you resist this?

Lord Ryugen
sick Going to die, cuteness...seeping...into...brain. Hel-lp Meeeeeeee blowup

crazy_c
muahahaha!! evil face

Lord Ryugen
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trinity_Matrix
They're CHIBI!!!! So cute!!!

crazy_c
I know!! eek! I like your sig trinity smile

Lord Ryugen
Behold the only cute thing I like FUMOFFO

animeelf
ahahaha.. i wanna see the anime so badly. i've only got 2 vols of the manga sad i've been so behind on my manga lately.. but it is a cute anime/manga! big grin

TrAnCeDuO
now i see why you hate love hina.. blink

Lord Ryugen
What can I say, I'm not the most romantic and sensitive guy in the world but lets face. Stuff like that is enough to make anyone sick to their stomach.

MomoBell
I loooove TMM! its soo cute but i only have 5 volumes of the manga ^^; but i'm close 2 finishing! i heard the anime is better does any body know when it comes on Fox Box or w/e its called? i realllly wanna noes!

BlackHatDefect
BLAAAA.TTM is terrible...MASAYA MUST DIE*hacks Masaya's brains out*

crazy_c
I'm pudding!

Lord Ryugen
I see.

BlackHatDefect
Lets get back on subject please

Lord Ryugen
Th subject for me is fear...pure blind EVIL FEAR

crazy_c
4kids changed the name again.......apparently it's going to be called "Mew Mew power" now........

BlackHatDefect
I heard about that...Its so wrong!

crazy_c
yah why can't they just call it Tokyo mew mew? What's the big deal?

MalkComedy
OK I just saw the Preview of Tokyo Mew Mew on Fox and I'm disgusted. I LOVE Tokyo Mew Mew. I'm a big can of the Mahou Shoujo/Magical Girls genre as it is which includes Bishoujo Senshi Seeraa Muun (Sailor Moon) and Ai Tenshi Densetsu Wedding Peach. Tokyo Mew Mew, like each of the other Magical girl shows, has it's own style though that sets it apart. Wedding Peach has the double henshins and Sailor Moon is really the first (that I know of) in this genre. Tokyo Mew Mew has the animals, which is awesome cause Ichigo randomly has cat ears that pop up and she gains cat-like attributes at time (it's adorable and funny!). Anyhow, enough defending a great Anime.
Why does Fox and just about everyone else who dubbs anime (weither for American TV or not) have to destroy the freaking anime? They pick HORRIBLE voice actors/actresses and the characters sound so ridiculous you can't even follow it cause you're annoyed by the voice. Then if they do it for TV, they have to edit the crap out of it and come up with the most ridiculous things to justify it as an "American" show (heaven forbid kids actually LEARN something about Japanese culture while watching this stuff right?). With Tokyo Mew Mew (as with Sailor Moon), they've changed the names and made up random new names for the weapons and attacks, so now we have a legion of people who will have to be TAUGHT that Minto's weapon isn't the Heart Strike Arrow or whatever the stupid thing they call it and Retasu doesn't use the Morse Code Castinets. Why do they do this? If they have to change everything about it to even get it to work properly WHY BOTHER?
Oh yeah the reason for the name change to Mew Mew Power (or just Mew Mew) is because we can't have these characters be Japanese as they were intended. They have to be (just like Sailor Moon) transplanted into the US. You know there are people that to this day still believe the Anime of Sailor Moon takes place in California (which explains all the Katakana, Hiragana and Kanjii in the background right?). Leave Anime ALONE! Put it out on DVD and stop dubbing it or for the 4 or 5 anime fans that love dubs (yes there are people who claim to be Anime fans who love the dubbed versions), they can have it dubbed on the DVD if they want. But dang it, give us the option.
In the end, while I'm ticked at Fox for doing this, it could be worse. Fox could have chosen an anime like Pretear or Magic Knight Rayearth or even Slayers that would be completely and utterly destroyed by their dubbing. At least Tokyo Mew Mew won't be too damanged due to the age content.

BlackHatDefect
I know...but its still annoying...TMM is ganna get worse than it already is!!!!I really hope they make Masaya's voice actor sound like a fat pig LMFAO!

TrAnCeDuO
so does anyone know when this thing is gonna start airing?

Silver Stardust
No idea...but I saw a preview of it on foxbox.tv, and it's HORRIBLE!!! They changed all the names!!! Ichigo is now Zoe, Mint is Corrina (or something like that), Zakuro is Renee, and I can't remember what they called Lettuce and Purin...AGH!!!

BlackHatDefect
*dies*I heard about that..its so sad!

DarkCruiser127
Yes. I am a fan of Tokyo Mew Mew. Actually, I like it alot. Shut the **** up. The cute things are the cool things. Take that funny bunny that you always see at hot topic. Thats cute. It's cool, also. I had no clue Tokyo Mew Mew was coming on Fox Box. What time? Lol...I enjoy lots of anime/manga. Who likes Trigun? I do!!!

Peace.

p.s.~dancing banannas rule!! Happy Dance

DarkCruiser127
OMFG!!! i can't ****ing believe what Fox Box has done to TMM!!! They suck monkey butt so much!!! w0w...tmm is probably really retarted now...TMM was my thing...and now little ****ing kids are going to run around like YAY YAY YAY I LOVE TOKYO MEW MEW and then ill completly die from confusion.

DarkCruiser127
I like cheese.

kagomekamigara
anime rox expecially inuyasha big grin

*kartoonkrazy*
I just sat through "Mew Mew Power" on 4kids and it was TERRIBLE! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY MADE IT IN ENGLISH! Why can't they keep it in Japanese? I am (or was) a HUGE fan of TMM, but they changed it and I'm never watching it again on FOX. Zoe?? HER NAME IS ICHIGO FOR PETE SAKE!!!

*kartoonkrazy*
By the way, does anyone know a website where I can watch TMM episodes? (in Japanese, of course) I have been looking everywhere and I can't find them.

sailorsun004
Tokyo mew mew is pretty good. MEw mew power-awful. take the original script, throw it in a blender, scan oer it to make sure you cut out all of the important nd good parts, sprinkle some bad jokes, and there you go, a new show to make kids love.

Sailor moon in Japenese rules!

Lana
I'm bringing this back up to the top of the page.

Mew Mew Power -- classic example of why 4Kids should NOT be allowed to get their hands on anime. They destroyed one of my favorites! mad cry

sailorsun004
i know iu loved that show now, um just no. now when i walk to the bus stop i see little girls running around going "corina is soooo cool!" just like when dic dubbed sailor moon

raenef v
http://www.antoniogenna.net/doppiaggio/anim/mewmew.jpg

http://brandnoise.typepad.com/brand_noise/images/mewmew_1.jpg

newer versions gonna have hybrid mewmwes!
two species!
Mew Ichigo is gonna be gone!sad

sailorsun004
we all know- um tokyo mew mew a la mode, right? mew bunni, already came out in japan, so totally awsome, but a little too cute

Lana
Originally posted by sailorsun004
i know iu loved that show now, um just no. now when i walk to the bus stop i see little girls running around going "corina is soooo cool!" just like when dic dubbed sailor moon

Ugh, I know....I have forced myself to forget the senshi's dubbed names, that's how much I hated the dub laughing out loud

Originally posted by sailorsun004
we all know- um tokyo mew mew a la mode, right? mew bunni, already came out in japan, so totally awsome, but a little too cute

A La Mode is really cute, I have a few issues of Nakayoshi that have it,....it's Mew Berry though (all the Mew Mew's names have to do with food). And the series title has double meaning -- "a la" is written as "ara" in Japanese, which means "new" big grin Oh, and as far as I remember, Mew Ichigo does make appearances.

TastyLumpia
Well, I saw an episode of TMM or (Mew Mew Power... :gag: ) on 4Kids a few weeks ago, and decided to do a bit of research on it online. After I found out how much everyone hates the dub, and how inaccurate it is, I decided to order the Japanese version off of eBay. smile

raenef
Originally posted by TastyLumpia
Well, I saw an episode of TMM or (Mew Mew Power... :gag: ) on 4Kids a few weeks ago, and decided to do a bit of research on it online. After I found out how much everyone hates the dub, and how inaccurate it is, I decided to order the Japanese version off of eBay. smile

every anime is better in japan....
no arguing that!

Lana
Well, of course the original Japanese versions will always be better, that's how they were made! It's ridiculous how much is edited and changed when anime are dubbed.

vietgal423
I like mewmew on 4kids tv. I watched it. Never saw the orignal one though. Its good. Man on my last 10 mins being on this website... everyone's evil

TastyLumpia
I finally got the DVDs I ordered from eBay! I turns out the seller downloaded the fansub from the Internet, but they're still good... I'm about to start episode 12 now, I love the ending song. ^_^

sailorsun004
lol tmm is one of the cutest shows, what attracted me was how they are always chibi in the endings and stuff like that

TastyLumpia
After I got my DVDs, I barely spoke for a week because I was so busy watching them.

Unfortunately, they only go up to 44, so I'm kinda stuck.

mew mew masa
mew mew is the best show i have ever seen. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.