NJO: Rebel Stand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
Here is the cover for the next book in the NJO series after Rebel Dream.http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0345428684.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpgMore on this book as the information becomes known to me.

LanceWindu
The release date for this book is sometime in August.

LanceWindu
A quick plot summary from Nom Anor at theforce.net forums:

Star Wars: The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand (June, $6.99) by Aaron Allston. The Rebels continue to fight against the conquest of the New Republic's capital.

Julie
I thought the conquest of the capital was finished. wasn't Coruscant captured in SBS?

The poor heros of the Star Wars universe never get much of a break do they?

LanceWindu
I believe there are still some Republic strongholds at Coruscant.

Julie
Oh I see.

Do Han and Leia seem slightly on edge in the picture??

LanceWindu
Looks like something is attacking them or something.

Has anyone noticed how Leia hasn't aged at all? But Carrie Fischer is not getting along well with age. She is starting to lose the fight.

JediOasis
Looks like Leia is feeling something through the Force

LanceWindu
She is cupping her hand around her ear like she hears something.

Julie
What emotions are present on her face????

surprise? alarm? fear?

LanceWindu
To me it looks like alarm

Julie
Probably......
if Jedi oasis is right and Leia is feeling something through the force....what could it be?

LanceWindu
Maybe she feels Jacen coming through in the Force and he's getting closer to them somehow.

Volundro Ramm
I don't think she is feeling anything through the force. If you look at the picture she's actually wearing a radio headset.

LanceWindu
Yes, but why is she cupping her ear? Everyone that flies the Falcon wears a headset. Maybe she was talking to someone that is in the gun turret of the ship.

JediOasis
I based my assumption on Leia's eyes. It just looks like she is using the Force. It looks like they are in some kind of battle and I'm sure there is talk through the headset, but all of the sudden there is a disturbance in the Force. Maybe its Jacen, maybe its Luke, or perhaps Jaina reverts back to the darkside..."once you start down the dark path......"

LanceWindu
How can you base it on her eyes? The look could mean many things.

Julie
True, I'm not sure the illustrator intended Leia's eyes to be examined so closely.

LanceWindu
Man it's been forever since we posted in here.

Julie
True but then I thought they had erased this thread so it's kinda hard to post if I don't know it exists...

LanceWindu
HaHa.

Has there been any new news on this book yet?

Julie
I don't think so....so when is the release date...has it even been decided....is it in June or Aug?

LanceWindu
I heard August first then I heard June so I don't know which to believe.

Julie
hmmm.....
*runs off to check into the mystery of the next NJO book release*
Amazon says July 30th 2002.....so far away

LanceWindu
Why so many different release dates???

Julie
I have no idea...but I hope that the June one turns out to be correct. Traitor is set to release on Oct 1st ....I think so I guess July 30th makes sense sad

Rebel Stand should be an excellent book....if its as good as RD it may top your list of fav NJO books!.....Conquest and Rebirth were great as was the sad SBS and dark DJ .....RD is back to happy mix of characters..... big grin

LanceWindu
I wish the book would come out in May or something.

Julie
Correction...Aaron Allston's website said that Rebel Stand is already written and it is supposed to be published in June 2002...I'd say about the 28th.

LanceWindu
Still too far away for me.

Julie
oh well, at least we have the AOTC books coming out on the 23rd of April

LanceWindu
That's a good thing for those of us who are going to read them I guess.

Julie
Yes, and with Rebel Stand coming out in June......the next NJO book comes out in late July....

LanceWindu
How could two NJO books come out within a month of each other?

Julie
hmm not sure....I'm pretty sure Traitor is late July....maybe Rebel Stand is early June...I hope so anyway

LanceWindu
Maybe

Julie
I wish I had it now...and while I'm wishing, I wish summer were here !!!!!

LanceWindu
Why do you want summer here so bad?

Julie
AOTC is out....I graduate....no school...I can get a job and get money....next NJO book will be out soon....need I go on...

LanceWindu
You don't need to continue. i believe I understand you now.

Julie
Oh and in May we go to the Dominican Republic, and then a friend of mine'll come back to the states with us and she'll graduate with us!

LanceWindu
That's pretty sweet

Julie
Yea so in a way I want the weeks to go by really fast but I also want it to go slow so that I can enjoy my last few months with all of my friends.

LanceWindu
Conflicting emotions are not good.

Julie
true, but I guess this year's going to go by at it's own pace so there's little I can do gripping about it roll eyes (sarcastic)

LanceWindu
Unless you could speed things up when you wanted to.

Julie
true..but I can't ...so it makes little difference ....Delusions of grandeur cannot help me here wink

LanceWindu
Nope

Julie
Well it's 2 days closer to the end than it was 2 days ago so I guess I should feel better wink .....getting close to the end big grin

LanceWindu
That's good

Julie
hmmm what do you suppose the "Rebel Stand" will be?

LanceWindu
Maybe they set up a huge resistence to the Vong

Julie
I hope so....that would be exciting.
Rebel Dream was nice because the good guys did a little winning....

LanceWindu
It' always good when that happens.

Julie
Yes, esp after they've taken such a beating like they did in SBS....

LanceWindu
SBS was a butt-kicking book against the goodies.

Then the goodies start to fight back against the baddies.

Julie
basically.....yea...I hope the good guys luck holds out through a few more books...esp Rebel Stand

LanceWindu
By the name of Rebel Stand I pretty much see it as the book where the tides really turn in favor of the goodies.

Julie
I hope so....it's about half way through the series...right?

LanceWindu
I believe so.

Julie
I want to know the entire story arc and read all of the books now, but I guess it's always good to have something to look forward to smile
*shrug*

LanceWindu
There's always going to be something to look forward to in EU. It is always expanding.

Julie
That's what makes it so appealing...there are always other stories to be told......yea...more Star Wars smile

LanceWindu
More, more, more!!!

Julie
Will you be finished Rebel Dream by the time Rebel Stand comes out?

LanceWindu
Hopefully. I am really going to be hitting the Thrawn books, so I can get to RD.

Julie
good...will that keep you away from here or is that a second priority?

LanceWindu
I try to leave 3 hours a day for reading and most of the other time is on the internet or outside.

Julie
eek! three hours a day...I'm usually lucky if I can squeeze in an hour of reading.....in addition to homework and softball wink

LanceWindu
Yeah because you are more active than I am. That's all I do is comp, outside. read.

Julie
...and job searching...right wink

LanceWindu
I hardley ever get out to job search. I try to find jobs online. It's easier for me.

Julie
big grin I'll bet...with the internet, you have the world at your finger tips wink

LanceWindu
I'm trying to find a job like the one Texas just got.

Julie
What job did Tex get?

LanceWindu
He said he's having to answer people's questions by e-mail. He gets to use a new Dell computer and he can decorate his desk with nothing but Bjork if he wanted too.

Julie
Dare I ask what that is?

LanceWindu
What? Bjork?

Julie
Yeah that?....

LanceWindu
Bjork is a weird Norweigen(I believe) singer who is really really freaky. You'll never want to meet her. Tex has a crush on her I believe.

Julie
laughing out loud did he ever even meet her????

LanceWindu
I don't think so.

Julie
oh well I guess I can't say too much against him....I haven't met most people I talk to here.....I won't say all b/c it's a small world after all smile

LanceWindu
Who knows you might have even seen me before. My family moves and travels a lot.

Julie
I doubt that.....see I live in a very tiny box wink school...church....home....and back again big grin

LanceWindu
I stay at home mostly. Or I go to either of my sister houses.

Julie
....cool....do you like that nice easy lifestyle?

LanceWindu
Yup. But I want a job so I can get to living on my own. And so I can get all the EU stuff I want.

Julie
Don't you want Ep II stuff more than EU books?

LanceWindu
Well if I had money I could get all that stuff.

Julie
true roll eyes (sarcastic) but we're talking about priorities here stick out tongue

LanceWindu
EpII stuff as in what? Like their books or something?

Julie
yeah something......for ex. I've spent nearly 80 dollars on stuff from EpII but most of it was books....I haven't even gotten to the action figures yet

LanceWindu
I don't really care about the figures. Just give me the games, the sabers, and books and I'll be happy.

Julie
The games don't really appeal to me too much b/c I don't really have any fam members who have the time to play them....and the card games are cool but I never took the time to learn to play them

LanceWindu
Games as in...video or board?

Julie
board.....video I can play on my own, but takes a lot of money to get a lot of them

LanceWindu
Yeah because those damn computer companies!

Julie
well they need a job to

LanceWindu
Yeah but they could lower the price of games say to...free

Julie
your having delusions again smile ....but hey it's a pleasant thought

LanceWindu
One that will never happen.

BTW, did you know that the X-Box is lowering their prices for the system in Europe and then the NGC is lowering the prices of theirs in Europe before they even get released there.

And the PS2 is lowering their prices for the system here in the US.

Julie
no I didn't...unfortunately I hardly ever get a chance to play my x-box....but when I do get the chance...I'll prob play Halo b/c it was "left here" evil face

LanceWindu
I just can't wait til the next generation Star Wars games are released.

Julie
From what I understand that'll be soon, depending on which system you have......BTW 20 days until Rebel Stand releases smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.