Assemblage (& other) Art

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

julibug
Are any of you into art of any kind? My friend is into assemblage art. She calls it recycled art or 2nd chance art, etc. Anyway - check out her site http://community.webtv.net/jainsart/Jainsart If any of you do anything like that or sculpture, painting, etc., I'd love to see some pics. smile

rusky
I'm just anti-talent when it comes to art...

Dexx
yup..i'm into drawing myself...

rusky
...quite good at it too, u are Dexx...

julibug
Well, I'm into music, but I would love to try painting or something else creative. Maybe this summer when I have more time.

rusky
cool...make sure to send us those songs big grin

Darth Revan
music and drawing... But not anime... I don't do anime... I have nothing against it, I just don't "get it"...

beastnpyro
am also into drawin but not that good yet... im still tryin to hone it... i wanna learn how to draw portraits.. so i started by drawin animes and sum xmen characters...

VENOMfan
I know exactly what you mean. I cant just draw two eyes and a mouth and call it a face.

btw I dont have anything agaisnt anime, i just dont draw that way

Fire
sorry juli I dont even see how ppl could consider those things art

julibug
You mean the assemblage stuff? I know it's odd. Believe it or not, though, there's a lot of it out there. My friend has won at competitions in the mixed media division. They have big shows in New York that have a lot of assemblage art. I think the more you see of it, the more you can appreciate it - maybe.

rusky
Well FM, I've seen worse...think about the guy who uses human corpses, takes their skin off and makes them look like they're doing smth...and THAT is art... supposedly.. big grin

julibug
Ewwww! sick

Pingu
I love art and I really appreciate it but I cant do it for toffee sad

julibug
Btw, Pingu, I love your sig! smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.