Gun Legislation in Arizona that allows concealed weapons in bars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Samas-adian
First, I'm Canadian and we have different views of guns then American citizens. I was watching The Daily Show with Jon Stewart tonight and i saw a segment on a bill that Arizona could pass that allows people to bring in concealed weapons into a establishment that serves alcohol.

I did some light research and its true, a person is allowed a gun inside a bar if they are not drinking.

Am I the only person who finds this really, really stupid???

For example, two people are arguing over a girl.... before this bill would be passed, they use thier fists or a beer bottle to fight. Now, after this bill would be passed, they have handguns to fight with. Wow, i wonder if no innocent bystander will get shot

Clovie
it would never happend here.

and this thread probably gonna get closed sad

Samas-adian
Happen where?

yah maybe, but i think there's alot worst threads in here than this one.

Clovie
where i live.

they'll say it is politics or sth like that..
they are closing all the threads lik ethis confused

Samas-adian
oh kay.

I guess so.
I think its a good thread for discussion.

Clovie
i thinkg so..

i'm not gettin gall the american law...
how can it be that every1 is allowed to have a gun..

and they have all this metal detectors in school and so on..
it is so strange confused

tigida_tigida
i dont find the point in guns except for hunting and target practice (which i love to do) so whats the point in letting people walk around with them?

finti
"Riding on the ranch
I've got my hat on
I've got my boots dusty.
I've got my saddle on my horse
He's called Trigger
of course.

I wanna be a cowboy
And you can be my cowgirl

I wanna be a cowboy
And you can be my cowgirl" - Boys Dont Cry

Corlindel
It is not allowed to smoke at some places, but it is allowed to have guns.

huh What a f***

Thats part of the program "quit smoking and buy a gun for your health"

When is the depart of the next spaceship to Orion?

Fire
it's just weird

wuTa
the law didnt pass yet and that segment was hillarous......if u dont like that law that means your a p*ssy......ok alcohol causes conflicts guns resolve conflicts sounds like a no brainer to me

finti
if you cant solve a conflict without a gun you are indeed a no brainer

Fire
That law simply sucks

Clovie
i'm not gettin it...blink

whitedragon
i aint either? blink
neways guns int rite!

WindDancer
You get your news from The Daily Show? That's funny. stick out tongue

Samas-adian
Yes, i did get this bit of information for the Daily Show...but i did find articles backing this up.... because at the start i actually thought it was an joke. But it wasnt.

Wutu... so your saying because one causes a conflict and the sovles the conflict (even though one person is dead, and maybe others also). But, alchohol clouds people's judgement so they cant drive...but its okay to have a gun to keep things in check (no matter how times you see double vision when your drunk).

Im not a pussy because i think this is dumb, people who use guns to solve their problems are pussies because people shouldnt hide behind a gun to make them brave.

Fire
it will only cause trouble

Samas-adian
Just think...your in a bar having a pint or whatnot...and next thing you know these bozo's start arguing and pull out guns...next thing you know everybody else pulls out a gun...and well you can see what will happen next...especially if everybody is under the influence. Hopefully Wyatt Earp is there to protect you..but it feels like its from a Western movie.

Royal_Knight
I am not sure why my state wants to pass this law...i see no point in it

Corlindel
The ideal place to show us how "funny" are some issues stick out tongue

I give more credits to Jon Stewart than to Fox news smokin'

Kes
Jon Stewart rock

Corlindel
Yay Kes rock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.