Kevin Smith Should Fulfill his obligations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
make no mistake, i'm a big fan of kevin smith, i loved his movies, his comics, and guardian devil. but i think his work on two miniseries has become ridiculous-
in 2002 he worked on a spider-man/black cat 4 issue miniseries. he got to issue 3 and left us hanging with black cat about to be raped.
the same year he started daredevil/bullseye:the target, a 5 issue miniseries. he finished 1 issue. all the other books keep referencing it as being a really big deal with bullseye's full origin being revealed etc.

it is now 2004, does anyone else think that at this point, someone else (preferably miller or joe quesada) should take the projects away from him and finish them? it's getting ridiculous even if you are working on jersey girl, clerks:sold out, fletch won, and green hornet, kev.

Arachnoidfreak
well, there was an interveiw with Joe Quesada that asked that question. basically his response was "he can hand his projects late because he is Kevin Smith." not an exact quote. pick up Wizard Magazine #151 for the full interveiw.(err, or is it #152? not certain. it says 'Quesada Q&A' on the cover.)

Darth Jello
2 years late?!? at this rate, i predict by the time the miniseries are over, george lucas will have a change of heart and we'll be waiting in line for episode 9

Viper
If I were a publisher, I don't care who you are...if you don't have your material in on time I'm giving the project to someone else. At least that would make sense to me.

But then again when hs the comic industry ever made any sense?

Arachnoidfreak
well, i would give the Daredevil: Bullseye: The Target project to someone else, but Spiderman/Black cat is almost finished, he should be able to finish that soon.

VENOMfan
I might check out the Black Cat/Spiderman thing, I like Kevin Smith's writting I wonder what his take on Spiderman is like.........

Darth Jello
his take on spider-man is very much like randal actually, his black cat is a lot like gwen from mallrats, always talking about her boobs...

oh, and personally, i think they should destroy all issues of the target and let joe quesada redraw them. the art is absolutely terrible!!!!

every character looks like they've been in a car accident and not seen a dentist!! kevin and joe just....work.

VENOMfan
yeah one thing thats always stunned me is blatantly bad art, I mean they are Comics your looking at them, thats how you enjoy them. why purposfully make em look like shit?

If its anything like Mallrats then its a must have...

Darth Jello
it is, it really is
comics kevin smith has done:
Daredevil guardian devil arc: collected in guardian devil tpb
daredevil #1/2-good luck finding it, i've got one expensive, rare copy
daredevil/bullseye: the target-1 out of 5 finished
Spider-man/black cat: the evil that men do-3 of 4 finished
green arrow-some storyline collected in a tpb
walt flanegan's dog-pretty rare, part of an omni double feature
jay & silent bob-collected in chasing dogma tpb
clerks-collected in clerks: the comic book tpb
Bluntman and chronic: collected in bluntman and chronic tpb, along with a rare strip from wizard.

most of the serious comic stories are well written and have serious consequences on their lead characters. as stated above, it looks like black cat may be severely violated. she may also get back together with peter...
as for DD-smith staged a really dramatic battle between DD and bullseye, killed off karen page and the original mysterio, revealed sister maggie to be matt's mother, and set the stage for a possible renewal of his love for black widow.
if that wasn't enough, what he does in the target is really radical. basically, it's shortly after 9/11 and daredevil hasn't gotten over karen and is enraged at terrorists. the boys of al quaida decide to hire bullseye for a job. in the course of this, matt decides he's had enough, he finds out every one of bullseye's secrets and begins stalking him....hoping to murder him in his sleep....

VENOMfan
hmm....Ill try to order some of these this weekend there aint any comic shops in lincon city

know a good site to order Spiderman/Black issues and DareDevil/Bullseye ?

Arachnoidfreak
www.milehighcomics.com

Darth Jello
read guardian devil

VENOMfan

Mr Zero
I don't know about handing the stories over to another writer - but I'm damn sure that I wont be buying any more Kevin Smith multi - parters. I will wait for the collected trades once he finishes the tales after 10 years or so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.