You In Sports Today!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
This is where your own personal sports report on what happened with you in your personal world of sports.

I thought of this because I was playing basketball today and I was doing really really good. Possibly the best I've ever played. It was only pick up games but I played for 2 hours and must have shot about 80-85%, not shitting you. I'm talking three's, 12 footers, lay-ups, whatever. It was pretty intense.

wuTa
i played ball today but there wasnt alot people up there i just played 21 with two other kids....of course i tore it up well i woulda tored it up in the 1st 2 games but i couldnt hit friggin free throw but the last 2 games i was unstoppable i was hittin them from 30+ FT and knockin down my free throws and if the ball wasnt covered in sweat i woulda had an awesome dunk but it was so i didnt

wuTa
i played another pickup game and was unguardable as usual.......actually i had this one kid on my team that would drive into the lane jump and pass te ball theres nothin wrong with it that but he never knew were anyone was at before he drived to the line it was one of the weirdest thing i've ever seen on the court

Myth
You should try playing with Hawaiians (sorry I just stereotyped them). But I swear, they have the most unorthodox way of playing. They do weird little drives from the side, through the middle of the key, jump, look right at you for a pass, and then switch hands and do a hook. I guess there is a reason that nobody from Hawaii is in the NBA. Its fun to play AGAINST them but playing on their team can be frustrating.

wuTa
i think one of the dudes was actually hawain he did somethin like that....he would drive stop look around than shoot to his right side every time

Myth
I played about 4 hours of ball today. It was fun and exhausting but I did pretty well until the end when I was just dead. I still played well except I just couldn't finish on some of my moves.

However, I think I may have a minor sprain to my ankle. At least that what others think when they look at it because its been 2 weeks since the first time I snapped it and when I take my shoes off after playing, it swells like a balloon and is all purple and crap.

wuTa
did you roll when it popped coz i did that a couple months ago and it did exactly what yours did and got all black and purple and swelled up

Linkalicious
This thread's awesome! I joined a men's b-ball league last week, it's on Tuesday nights.

Last night I was guarding this skinny little guard who was like 5'7 but he was like tweeker fast. and he carried the ball like a damn jungle bunny. Well after he his his first prayer and started running his mouth i made it a personal goal to stop him from scoring. He had the first 2 points of the game, but only ended with 5. I only had 12 points, but i hit both 3 pointers i shot. Couple of nice passes on the break, but most of the time i ran the point and just made sure we kept moving around on offense. My buddy got pretty warm so we started running a 2 man game because my guy was like a midget. My friend's got a killer pull up jumper, so he just kept shooting over the short guy when they switched.

Fun game we won 71-58. We play two 20 minute halves...with a running clock during freethrows. Except in the last 2 minutes of the game...if they are within 15 points.

wuTa
laughing this thread has been up for at least a month...did you just notice it?....that sounds like a sweet league...i need to start to look for one....alot of these pickup games i've been in just arent games anymore i havent lossed in like 2 weeks but i was talkin with someone and he told me he's gonna start to bring up more people to play so i'm hoping they will be good so i can get some compition

Linkalicious
Sean Rooks is in on one of the teams in the league i play in . Tuesday night is the A league and Thursday night is the B league. My friend I was talking about in my previous post works for the gym that hosts the leagues so i get to play for free...just like him.

Organized leagues are a lot of fun. Atleast people play defense and fouls get called. I never like calling it when i get fouled. I always feel like a pussy if i'm like "that's a foul!"

wuTa
shit thats funny i know exactly what your talkin about i never call fouls in pickup games...the wost are the players when you play perfect defense and they dont score coz of it and they say its a foul just to get the ball back...i go out of my way to make those type of players look like asses

Linkalicious
It's always the guys with the big mouths that will score some points, then get shut down by good D and call a foul. Usually they force some god awful ugly crap at the basket...it's just sad.

ElectricBugaloo
i went out and played some soccer today with the high school kids, and realized i am way out of shape. I scored a couple of goals, played some cool defense, and pulled probably one of the best moves i've ever done. overall it was good--but damn, i'm out of shape

wuTa
man i havent played soccer since i was like 12..i played some 21 today with some buddies and lost but thats only coz the two other kids i was playing with made sure i lost they were setting screens on me and trying to bouble team it was pretty funny..i still almost beat em i was off from the outside today thats what killed me but more importantly i came up with a new line for trash talkin....."you got served!" laughing

Myth
You should use "You got F'd in the A!"

There's no good leagues in my area to play in. Once high school ball is over, the next league is for all ages but its all the 40 year old school teachers that are in the league so thats no fun. Luckily there is a gym about 250 meters away from my house. I just play pick up games there and we call fouls but its usually the guy commiting it that calls it so its got to be pretty obvious.

I haven't played soccer in a long time either but I wish I played in high school. I should have at least because the few times that I've dicked around with the soccer players, I faired pretty well.

DanZeke25
I'm still in middle school and for my school baskteball team we have 5-8th graders all on one team and there is this one kid who is 15 and in 8th grade on one of the other teams and he can dunk it. he's not that tall either

wuTa
yea but "you got served!" is the dumbest line ever....i crack up eveytime i heat that line

Myth
Today I only got in about an hour and a half of basketball and then my calf's started to cramp. I think I've been working out too much.

wuTa
did you take a break? coz if you did than muscles could get cramped from that or you might not be drinkin enough water

wuTa
whats a 15 year old doin in the 8th grade?

Myth
Held back is my guess. But then again my brother turns 17 today and he is 10th grade so he would have been 15 at this time in 8th as well. He wasn't held back or anything, but most people that age I would assume so.

wuTa
i was held back and i was 14 in the 8th grade...you guys musta started school late

Myth
I was 14 in 8th without being held back so if I was I would have been 15.

Corran
My 5-a-side football(soccer) team won 7-1 last night against one of our closest rivals, we went 1-0 down and then just completely outplayed them, their keeper was their best player.

ElectricBugaloo
last night i went and played some more soccer, didn't do so well. But i found a men's team to play with, so I should be good to go. The bad thing is it is a league with a bunch of Mexican players, and

a)I don't speak spanish
b)Cheap shots ...

DanZeke25
woops... i meant to put 14

wuTa
yea i' need to find a legaue to play in..i'm gonna look for one this week....i played some pickup ball outside and couldnt loose....i forgot how good my fade away was i use to use it all the time but when i got older i got more athletic so i just used that to create a shot but i went back to my fade away today and the shot is so hard to stop....i also had an awesom reverse layup where i was fouled and got the bucket....it was like kobe;s in game 7 of the t-wplves series but they didnt foul me in the body....they fouled me right on the damn head

ElectricBugaloo
Sunday i played with the Liga Latina, and it was as bad as i'd feared...there were a lot of cheap shots, very little passing, and to top it all off, the game was called early because of a bench clearing fight. I stayed out of it, because what's the point of fighting for people that I don't even know?

Yesterday was better, I played some small sided games in the morning with the high schoolers (my team went undefeated), and at night, I played with my coed team. We were playing a team that had beat us the last three seasons in close games, but we added some better players this season--but so did they. It was a tough game, but we ended up winning 2-0, I scored a goal and then dropped back to play defense because they sent their really fast guy up front in an attempt to score.

Corlindel
I played tennis today and.. lost 3-6, 6-4, 3-6, 4-6 sad

Myth
Yesterday I played some really fun games of basketball. I got to play 21 with the top 2 players from the high school team (1 year younger than me). I played on the team with them in the past but they really improved. I started out well but they just wore me down. Then it seemed that all of the best players from the last several years showed up at the gym. For a while, my small 5'9" 140lb frame had to guard this 6'4-5" 330lb guy. I played well considering the size difference but I was getting mauled physically. I got poked in the eye while making a hook shot over him in the post which knocked out my contact. The next play he took a Malone elbow to my mouth in the post. I bit off a large chunk of my lip. It was like 3/4 inch by 1/4 inch. I had blood all the way down my chin and a little on my shirt. But I scored well whether he was guarding me or somebody else and my rebounding was superb (especially offensive).

Just curious wuTa and any other basketball players, what are your strengths and weaknesses in basketball?
Mine:
Strengths:
1. Athleticism- My speed as a sprinter and my jumping skills are tops. Whether I'm on or not I can use those over people.
2. Mid-range consistancing- I am very good mid range. I can hit the 3 and play well in the post, but mid-range is where I'm best. I often use the post to do a consistant turnaround that leaves me in the mid-range position.
3. Rebounding/Hustle- This is kind of because of my athleticism but its also because of strong mental play. I am very good at boxing out because I get my ass right at peoples knees giving them no chance to really even jump. I also crash the boards on offensive shots like no other. I don't fear taking a hit from larger guys so when they think they have an easy rebound, I launch from nowhere to get the board.

Weaknesses:
1. Fatigue- When fresh, I'm more athletic than most. But I tire easily. Thank god I adapt enough that if I'm tired, I can guard post players instead.
2. Size- Obviously size matters in basketball and I'm usually one of the smaller guys on the court if not the smallest. Luckily, I don't always play as small as I am because I can muscle with the heavy-weights and jump enough to rebound with them as well.
3. Dribbling skills- I can dribble fine but I really don't use it to break people. I don't do anything fancy so I don't have much to do if there is a double but pass out. When I drive, its usually just using speed to run by the guy, not ankle breaking moves.

wuTa
strenghts:
size/athletism-i'm normally one of the tallest guys out there(6'3) but pretty quick so if i have to post up with someone whos stronger than me i'll use my quickness down low but if someone is as quick as i am there not normally as stong so i'll use strenght when that happens...i;m also pretty athletic..i jump pretty high so i love backdoor lobs if there down right there pretty much impossibe to stop
inside/outside-i love my game coz i can take you inside or shoot the ball outside i have very good range up to like 30ft
rebounding/defense/hustling-like you said even if your off you can rely on your rebounding, i'm the same way...its pretty hard to box me out coz i'll try and spin off your back and steal positoning...my hands in feet are quick so its tough to beat me off the dribble plus i use my size and athletism to block shots and i got no problem with diving for loose balls or running my ass off to try and stop a fast break

weaknesses:
passing-i love to pass and am actually a pretty good passer but sometimes i'll try and force the ball and will turn it over with a pass or i'll become too passive like grab an offensive board and instead of going up strong i'll kick it out up top
shoot selection-this can kill me espicially when i'm off...i mentioned that i have a good outside game but what i didnt mention is that i'm either hot or cold..and if i'm cold i tend to force way too many shots from the outside to try and get me warmed up
cramps-i can play basketball for hours and not got tired but intead of getting tired i'll get cramps and i'll get them in my calves or quad normally the calves but either way they slow me down

Linkalicious
what's with you guys playing 21 with 3 people?

It makes it a pointless game. You have one player with the ball, one playing defense, and the 3rd is free to get the ball. The defender would almost never get a rebound.

I never bother playing 21 with less than 4. Boxing out is fun.

wuTa
that aint true playing 21 with 3 people is fun...you defend the guy so you can either block the ball or steal it...its true the 3rd person has an advantage at rebounding but if you hustle or just play smart you can beat him to the rebound

Myth
I never play 21 with anything but 3 people. If there is 4, we play 2 on 2. Usually you just ***** out the 3rd guy to help so there is a double team rather than let him take the easy way out.

Myth
wuTa- I have that cramping problem too. Sometimes even if I do have the energy, I will be cramping and lose pretty much all jumping abilities. I'll usually finish out the game (poorly) and then call it quits for the day.

ElectricBugaloo
Sunday i had another game the Liga Latina, and we went down 3-0 in the first 10 minutes, and I thought "Well, this sucks." Then our defense showed up (literally, our two best defenders showed up), and we started to play better. At halftime, it was 3-2, and I started the play on the second goal. In the second half, I got the ball on the left side of the box (even though I was playing right wing, i was on the left for some reason on that play), and I just flicked the ball with they outside of my foot, over the defender, over the keeper, and the forward finished with a diving header. We put another goal in and won 4-3.

On Monday, we had a much easier game with my Coed team. LEss than five minutes in, I hit a nice shot from about 20 yards out (the field was SO small, it almost seemed like it was from the halfline...) that curved right and dipped down behind the keeper for a goal. Then they scored to tie it, but before halftime, I put in a nice goal by outracing the keeper to a bouncing ball and lifting it over his head. Then I made a nice pass to another player in the center and he put it in right before the half time whistle. We finished up winning 8-2.

Dr. Strangelove
I usually play 2 on 2 basketball with friends or play 21.

My Strengths:
I'm a pretty good defender mostly because I get more enjoyment defending than being offensive.
I'm not a great passer, but I love passing so I usually make pretty good decisions.
I'm a pretty good rebounder even if I don't have great hops.

My weaknesses:
I have a extremely inconsistent shot. There are times I can hit five three's in a row and times I can miss 20 straight shots.
I suck at making layups.
My one weakness on defense is I am easy to post up since I'm not big or tall.
I guess I'm kind of a very very very poor man's Jason Kidd.

I also golf which I have a pretty good driving game, an okay putting game and a terrible short game.

Arachnoidfreak
My sport story for today:

I was playing a pick up game(basketball), nothing special, i wasn't even playing as good as i could have been, only made like 3 of 5. The thing is, we were playing with time, and we were down, by alot(i think at one point we were down 12) but we managed to come back! it was 31-31 with like 8 seconds left, and everyone TOLD our pointguard not to be a jackass, but that guy just doesnt listen. He tried pulling moves out of an And1 tape just trying to get down the court. the ball got stolen with 3 seconds left, and they chucked it downcourt, to a player that hadn't even MADE a shot the whole game(like 0-4 or something) and he put it in at the buzzer! 32-31 them.

well, that's my heartbreaker. we lost because some guy couldn't just play straight ball, and not be a showoff. grrr disgust

Myth
kill him. big grin

wuTa
you shoulda brought the ball up court yourself...thats what i would have done...i dont like to lose but i absoutly hate it when someone loses tha game for you like that

Arachnoidfreak
I was downcourt, looking for the pass so i could shoot it. Imagine my surprise when i realized there wasn't going to be a pass.

wuTa
i played like 4 hours of basketball today....i did as good as i normally do...but i play in the post alot and kept getting fouled...im not talkin ticky tacs fouled..i was getting hammered..i actually had to restrain myself from getting in fights which is unusual for me cause i normally can keep it cool...but there was some kids up there that thought they were the shit....they kept saying "no fly zone!"...when you would get in the lane..and they'd say it if they block shot they'd say it....it got really annoying so i would purpsosly post up in this kid and just take him to school....than his no fly zone buddy tryed to double up and that didnt help either...its pretty sastifying when you just shup players up like that by just taking them to school...it was fun smile

Myth
I haven't played basketball in a while. sad
I played a lot during the summer but kept hurting my ankle. Right now I have been training way to hardcore to play ball, plus my ankles are still shit. I have been working out like a mother. MWF I lift for about an hour. M-F I run a mile to a track, do a sprint training, and then run back a mile. This is offseason too. Sat/Sun I generally just take easy but if somebody asks if I want to go do something (like basketball), I'll join in.

wuTa
well i still lift and run too...well i havent ran for a couple weeks.....how do you do your sprint training...i normally run a track i'll sprint half of what im doing....like if i take 6 laps i'll sprint 3 of them but if im running on the road i just pace myself with a jog than a sprint for like 20 ft....than pace myself for awhile and than sprint for like 40 ft....i just sprint sporadically if im not on a track

Myth
Well you can't "sprint" laps. You can run laps or stride but by sprinting, I mean full potential at all moments. I just do a bunch of intervals kind of like you said in the 2nd half of your paragraph. I do a ton of sprint mechanics (like little goofy skipping type things to improve form), I do a bunch of plyos, I'll do ab work right on the track, practice starts, and I'll do anything from 30 meter flies to 100 meter dashes to 400 meter intervals.

wuTa
this question is mostly for the bball players but i guess it can be answered by people who play other sports...when you get a full court game goin how do you play it...do you run the floor and work the fast break or play a half court set....i dont mind either but if i had to choose i would pick running the floor..thats more alley oops and lobs for me big grin but half court is good when your stroking it

Myth
I love creating my own fast breaks (off steals) but I get tired so I usually like half court sets with a few bursts.

wuTa
i played 2 on 2 today and it was awesome...i played with a kid that was my size and pretty much had the same game as me...we were posting up against each other and than would match each other with 20 ft jumpers....it was awesome...the funny thing was that we played with a friend of mine who is not the best basketball player, in fact he's not a basketball player in the slightest (he's getting better though) but we would both want him on our team just to see if we can turn him into a baller and win

Myth
I haven't played b-ball for what seems to be forever (since October). That is the longest time I have ever gone without playing. I have been concentrating on my sprints. Northwest Conference Championships are this Friday and Saturday and I have made it in 4 events (4x1, 100, 200, 4x4). I could have qualified for the open 400 but I didn't run one all season and even if I qualified, I would concentrate on other events so I wouldn't do it to save my energy. My best times this year:
100m: 11.34
200m: 23.19
4x4 split: My coach clocked me in at 49 but I would guess because of the transfer area that it was more like a sub-51 barely.

Myth
I finished the season with PRs. WOO HOO!
100m: 11.30
200m: 22.99 (finally broke 23, yes!)

Now I have gotten back into some games of basketball too which feels great. My shot is dead off and I'm having problems finishing, but my ball movement is really good (I'm playing more like a PG than ever) and my D is still there. Today I played about 2 hours and my team got raped. I was the best guy on our team and I'm usually just a role player except for spurts here and there. I was guarding their best player and was containing him really well, but my 6'5" 265lb friend was destroying our post player (6'4" 190lb). Our post guy isn't much of a basketball player so he didn't know how to battle their post out of the key. I ended having to switch and guard him (despite being the smallest on our team at 5'9" 145lb). I pretty much shut their post down by blocking him out to the out of bounds line but then the guy I was previously guarding started ripping it up. Then another guy came and replaced one of their players. This guy is a Jason Williams wanna be and he was too quick for our my teammates to guard him. So I ended up guarding him and at least making him work for baskets but then their post and the other guy just creamed us. I'll probably play with the same guys tomorrow or Wednesday but hopefully there will be a switch of teams since I was the only one capable of guarding any of the other 3 guys on my team.

wuTa
i havent played in awhile...i've been mostly lifting and running, i usually take the worse players on my team to see if i can pull it off...some times i can sometimes i can't but when you do...man, nothing bets that feeling of beating a team that your "suppose" to lose against...espicially when that team is talking trash

Myth
I hear you. I love shutting trash talkers up. That Jason Williams wanna be I was talking about was a definite trash talker but I took away his right side and found that he was shit on the left. He stopped talking and stopped ball hogging once that happened.

Myth
Yes! Yes yes yes! This summer I have a feeling will be great for basketball. I got my shot down and it is as pretty as ever. I never miss my mid-ranges right now and my threes aren't too bad either. But even more exciting for me, is that I think that this summer I will finally at barely under 5'9"................ thats right.............. DUNK!!!! I think on a good day I will be able to finally slam one down. The other day I really had my legs under me. It use to be that I could grab rim on a good day. But I grabbed rim with what seemed to be very little effort. So I tried, and tried and tried.... but failed. However, I did get one where I threw it off the back of the iron while pulling down the rim. Some time soon I expect to dunk for the first time. And to think, I almost gave up on this dream because I'm already almost 21 and I really only have about 3 months a year to ball since track is now year round for me.

wuTa
since i'm tall thats all people ask me....can you dunk? hey can you dunk? dude can you dunk?...it gets annoying....i always say no so when i do dunk they're like "hey, you said you couldn't dunk"

short white people who dunk drop jaws, and here "ooooos" and "ahhhhs", when i dunk i hear "eh"

wuTa
man, what an awesome day for basketball i had...everything seems to have improved....my stamina, my jumpshot, my dribbling, defense....you name it, it seems to have gotten better..i'd played 3 or 4hrs of basketball and wasn't even tired, and i had my legs the whole time...i was sweating like a wildebeast though

the first hour i just played one on one (21) with a friend, he;s short but has a killer jump shot and good range when i play him i just try and work on my dribbling and jump shot, than these two other big guys showed up....one was like 6'3 or 6'2, and the other was like 6'6, 6'7...we ended up playing 2 on 2 for like 3 hrs straight, it was the 6'3 dude on my team, and the 6'7 dude with the shorter player....i dominated....i was posting up on the 6'7 dude and schooling him with pump fakes, and just taking it up strong, or i would get him to come out and guard me on the perimeter and just blow by him on a drive, sometimes he would play help D, but that's what i was anticpating and just hit my guy for an open shot, but some of the drives i had were just awesome, switching hands in midair, changing directions, using high glass...we killed them eveytime, but one game, and they barely beat us

Myth
I've been playing with pretty much the same crowd for the last couple of weeks. Its amazing, I'm always guarding the fastest guy or the biggest, fattest, slowest (but strongest) guy. It always ends up that somebody can't keep up with another or one guy is getting tossed around in the post so I have to take over. Ridiculous. Flat out ridiculous because I find myself guarding 6'5" 300lb guys with my 5'9" 145lb body.

Myth
I don't believe it! I DID IT! WOO! I completed my first real dunk ever yesterday! I have been doing plyos all summer hoping to reach just that little bit that I needed and I got it. That totally made my summer. Now to make it so I can do it off a dribble so I can do it in a game if I get the opening. That part probably won't ever happen but I need a new goal now.

DanZeke25
I play basketball all the time. I had a game a couple days ago and my shot was off. I took like 10 shots and missed them all. And then in OT, there was 2 seconds left and the score was tied. I cought the inbound pass about 6 or 7 feet behind the 3pt line and just fired it up. It went right in and we won. My first ever buzzer-beater. It was crazy. I'll be staring for my school's basketball team next year, so im trying to get really good.

Myth
I've been playing a lot of basketball and working out at 2am everynight before going to sleep. The games I've been playing have been crazy good for me recently. Usually I'm not the one to shine the most but I've been doing it consistantly. I'm also running the court better than ever. The guy I've been guarding is better than me on offense but he is shittier than hell at defense. I usually end up burning him and making a lay-up, floater, or draw the double/triple and dish to the post for an easy assist. By the time we score, my defender usually gives up and runs half way down the court by the time I turn around yet I can always catch back up to him to prevent the cherry pick. At night, I end up doing 100 straight pushups, 5-10 minutes of abs, 30-50 dips using two counters, and 30-40 more push ups. I'm feeling more f*cking ripped than ever.

Myth
Ok, I'm pretty pissed right now.

Last year I ran a 49 second split in a 4 X 400 meter. If that were to be an open 400, I only need a 48.5 second 400 meter to qualify for nationals at the NCAA D3 level. Now, I have been training all year for this track season (3.5-5 hours a day). I have put on 20 pounds of muscle, I have increased my squats by 60 pounds, increased by quite a bit in every other weight as well, and in a 45 second drill where you run as far as you can in the time, I ran 25 meters further than last year (which is a ton to increase). I've been feeling really confident about my chances of making nationals. However, in January I started developing shin splints. For those of you who have ever had them, they hurt quite a bit but only between running so they don't really effect your performance. Over the last month, they have gotten worse and worse and even taking a couple days off hasn't helped. Today I went to the doctors and got them checked out. It turns out I have stress fractures in both my shins from all the pressure I've been putting on them. I have to wear aircasts that go up to my knees for 'minimum' of 4 weeks. If all goes well, I'll get to run for only half of my season but it will be after suffering atrophy in both of my legs so I will lose most of my conditioning. This single-handedly may take away my chances of going to nationals. I'm really bummed.

wuTa
bummer, sounds like you overtrained with the anaerobic exercises, i'd cut back if i were you

PINBALL
Well I have just finished my last season on an organized team. It took me from 1st grade to 10th grade to win any kind of a championship and my basketball team won it so im gonna stop on a good note.

Myth
Why not finish out high school ball? Unless you are Jordan after 1998, you still should have something to prove. Plus I'm assuming its a game you love, so why stop?

Myth
Originally posted by wuTa
bummer, sounds like you overtrained with the anaerobic exercises, i'd cut back if i were you

Whats crazy is that my coach doesn't think we've done anything hard enough yet to cause stress fractures. I beg to differ.

DigiMark007
Cool thread.

My recent exploits...

1. Recently got pwned on a weekly basis at intermural basketball at my college with some friends. But I led the league in "times running up and down the court" (unofficial stat). I'm quick and tenacious on D (good for turnovers), but can't rebound or shoot to save my life.

2. Currently training to kick the hell out of my friend in a triathlon this summer. Actually, the goal is just to not have the triathlon kick my ass.

3. Shot under 100 in golf (18 holes) for only the 2nd time in my life (career best 95). Yeah, it still sucks, but it's good for me. Looking to break 90 this summer. smile

...woot!

Originally posted by Myth
Whats crazy is that my coach doesn't think we've done anything hard enough yet to cause stress fractures. I beg to differ.

I had a track/CC coach who did the same thing to me. The whole team would burn out by the season's end. Peaking at the right time is key, and overworking sucks. My sympathies. erm

Myth
Yeah, its been my worst season in 5 years. I've only ran a couple meets and with such a major loss of training (6 weeks during season). Thankfully the torture will end this Saturday. I'll be lucky to make finals in the Northwest Conference.

JacopeX
Last game I played, i won the city championship indoor. Im on my way to play next spring season probably in both Queens NY and Stamford youth.

JacopeX
quotes from coach on Me

"Best hustle of a stryker we have"

"Best attitude I ever seen of a soccer player"

"He always has a unique way of playing in every game. He never quits."

"Number 7!"

Myth
So this Friday I finished up my collegiate track career. A week ago I ran in the DIII Northwest Conference Championship and took 6th place in the 200 meters and 10th in the 100 meters. My times were my best ever so my coaches had me run in one final meet this Friday to see if I can top myself before ending my career. I did just that by taking 4th place in the 100 meters with a time of 11.10 seconds and 7th in the 200 meters (winning my heat) with a time of 22.71 seconds. The next step for me is whether or not I will coach next year (my head coach asked me to but it depends on how difficult and time consuming grad school is).

http://photos-799.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v73/213/8/60101300/n60101300_30166799_3092.jpg

wuTa
You got enough underarmer there champ?

Myth
I live in Oregon, it gets cold. Plus, under armer prevents injuries by compressing the muscles and keeping them warm even if it weren't a particularly cold day (it must be in the 80s or above for me to not wear it). I almost wear it out of paranoia wink

Dr. Strangelove
Click Clack!!!

I've watched that commercial way too much these last two days.

I haven't been playing a lot of sports lately. I've pretty much been doing yoga for my exercise regiment. It's good stuff and looking at hot chicks' asses for an hour is always good times.

wuTa
Yea, I need to take a yoga class, when I'm at the gym, they sometimes have a class in session, and the chicks in there are smokin. smokin'

Originally posted by Myth
I live in Oregon, it gets cold. Plus, under armer prevents injuries by compressing the muscles and keeping them warm even if it weren't a particularly cold day (it must be in the 80s or above for me to not wear it). I almost wear it out of paranoia wink

I sometimes wear it when i lift, or once in awhile when I run, but for the most part I just make sure I stretch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.