Best Movie of all time????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

black_mamba01
Please, dont call me a fanboy. I am simply asking a question. Do you guys seriously think LOTR are the best movies of all time?? I personally love these movies, but i really dont consider it in my top 25 movies. Just wondering

pip-foot
I think they are one of the best movies of all time...they are amazing...i could say a lot more here, but i not in the mood, so maybe i'll post later

Exa
Yes.

At least they are the films I love most... though I think The Matrix (only the first one though) was better... but I still like LoTR better... and I cannot imagine any films better than those four.

ladygrim
yes i do think these movies are the best of all time because the are bringing to life all of those characters that you were told about when we were little so really it is putting our minds at ease and it is so brilliantly done that you can't say no to a question like that

A.D. Skinner
Best movie of all time ? Hmm, I think not. I am wondering of the people here who have answered already..how many movies they have seen to compare this to ? Just curious...

And since we are all entitled to our own opinions...of course I shall give you all mine wink

I loved the LOTR movies...FOTR, TTT, and ROTK...I have fallen in love with them, the storyline, and even the characters...but to give these movies such a prestige honor of being the best of all time, that I cannot. They are an epic and deserve their due credit...but in my eyes there are many other movies that I feel deserve that honor of being named best of all time.

That's all I have to say about that

ladygrim
i can't name any that i have seen the best movie even though they were good like potc i have watched that unmentional number of times but that isn't a movie to say it is the best.....where as lotr has something about that could add to the competion for that role

Exa
--- I only referred to the films I already know.

I personally dislike the phrase "of all time(s)" - that is simply impossible and is usually just used as "the best ...... I know", and lotr IS the best film I know and the best film I can imagine.

ladygrim
maybe we should the best film of this era...because how nows it the not to near future there could beta movies than this one.... even saying that i hope there is't

ladygrim
pollogise ment isn't

Fëanor
best movie of all time...in a word: no...
best movie coming out since: yes...
there have been a lot movies before it that were great or awesome, depends on how it made you feel about it...generally speaking yeah it was a great piece of work but not the best movie 'of all time'...

and btw...i loved lotr for the cast of actors in it...the scenery both dark and light(shire, rivendell, rohan and gondor to name a few)...the special effects were tremendously superior as it will now most likely set a new standard as did the matrix for it's fight scenes and sfx...

the story line and the plot, well if you're a big fan of the books(me)...then there isn't much you can add to it...natch

ladygrim
i could say something like dirty dancing was the best movie of all time just because everyone likes it and thinks its really sloppy in fact its crap ...but that is the sort of thing lotr is up against so really it has no proper competion other than the rival of harry potter

Discos
now ya all should know I love movies, i am obsessed with them....and have seen plenty in my time as a lord of movies lol

Lord of the rings is certainly in my TOP 10 greatest movies, but along lines there is such titles as City Slicker 2, Vegas Vacation, Home Alone 2, James Bond, Nightmare on elmstreet and of course.....my Star Wars babies

I have to admit the LOTR trilogy was the best movie to sit down to and was the most interested in and hyped up about......out of all the movies i mentioned i say i could watch LOTR & star wars the most over and over

shadowy_blue
I won't comment anymore which director is the best ever, or say any movie is the greatest ever. Not even a top 10 list whatsoever. But I do know which is better than the other, I just cannot decide which is the greatest of them all. They have different appeals, different genres, different stories. It's hard to compare all of them and just choose which one is the greatest. It's just like asking who is the best hero in Middle-earth of all the 3 Ages (Exa wink ) It's hard to choose, because they became heroes by doing different deeds that are incomparable to one another.

All I could say is this:

Remarkable, world-famous films from past decades which will stand/have stood the test of time:

1940s: Citizen Kane
1950s: Ben Hur
1960s: Lawrence of Arabia
1970s: The Godfather, Star Wars
1980s:
1990s: Schindler's List,
2000s: The Lord of the Rings

Those movies are different from one another. They appeal to different kinds of people because they have different genres. The great things about films is that there are different genres that we as fans have the freedom to pick and choose what appeals to us. It is just up to the individual to believe what movie is the greatest, based on what his/her heart tells.

Personal preference can not be argued because the truth of the idea does not lie in the real world but in the mind of the individual. To argue what someone prefers is a complete and utter waste of time. I might know that orange juice is healthier than Coca-Cola, but I still prefer Coke to orange juice. That doesn't make me wrong. That also does not make the person who prefers orange juice wrong either.

What I'm saying is that, just because someone doesn't consider the LOTR movies (or any other movies in that matter) as the greatest of all time, doesn't mean that they are horrible people. That doesn't make the people who are saying that the LOTR movies are the greatest, horrible either.

smile

What's the greatest movie of all time? Put aside your mind, it'll just confuse you. Listen to your heart. What does your heart tell you? wink

Thorondor
1980s: The Terminator

shadowy_blue
Yeah..smile

shadow link
yes, yes i do, ther so complete, have eveything anyone could want in a movie, i love movies with big things in them on a huge scale

like independance day, and troy

everything just stands on its own, like i could say hey dont u reckon the matrix had good costumes, or i especially loved the musci in forust gump or the scene progretion in spirited away

but in lotr everything is top nothc and fits together so well

ladygrim
people like one certain movie and they will always say that , that movie is the best movie of al time so nobody will evr really find out what the best movie is even with these television shows they still aren't capable of find the best of ever ...if you get wat i mean....new films are always being released some better than others so the competion is always getting bigger only when the movie era goes down hill is when we can tell wat the best movie is...TELL ME IF I AM BABBLING ...

Discos
damn you Thor i was away to say Terminator smile

Gullom
Well LOTR is my opion...

is one of the best movies I have ever seen....the music the story and the graphics is simply AMAZING... the sound effects.... the chrecters..

Job well done indeed..... hope to see more of those kind of movies....

Discos
one of the guys in my classes today, before my german exam, was saying he didnt like lord of the rings as it was highly confusing

he said he had seen the FOTR & TTT and didnt want to see the last one

Discos - how he received a slap

ladygrim
now now no fighting gets you into bad situations

Discos
ah its all in good fun

Discos - he deserved it mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.