Spider-man vs. Gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
Someone strike a match. There's a lot of gambit fans on this site.
I don't think there is anyone more suited to agile fighting than Spider-man.
Gambit has his kenitic energy that actually made Gladiator lose his breath, so hes tough as all get out.
I think it would be a chase cause Gambit likes to even the odds by drawing an opponent after him, but this opponent would catch him and pounce on him.
Gambit would wind up hanging from a lampost, his kenitic eyes outshineing the light above his head.

who?-kid
Sorry for Remy, but Spider-Man should win this one. His strength, speed, agility, fighting skills, web, experience and spider-sense... just too much at the same time for Gambit to deal with. Anything Gambit can do, Spider-Man can do better and faster, with naturally the exception of the mutant powers of our Cajun friend and dating Rogue.

I'm not too fond of Gambit (he's okay, sometimes even cool and funny, nothing more), but that has nothing to do with my opinion. Spider-Man can hang out with the big guys and has defeated much more dangerous men/women/monsters/robots/you name it before Gambit even was mentioned in the Marvel Universe.

I realize there are indeed ways for Gambit to declare himself the winner, because he's unpredictable and quite powerful. So I don't say Gambit has no chance. But in a normal fight, Spider-Man wins easily. It should only take him one good punch.

Linkalicious
yeah i gotta go with Spidey on this for the previously mentioned reasons. If Gambit could nail him with something that's charged...it might make it a different story, but that Spider Sense will help him avoid anything that he should worry about.

VENOMfan
Spidey would own him bad

wolverine8888
sorry the only way gambit ever beaten some one good was from be hind and that wont happen with spider sense so gambit just be nocked out in a hit

norrin radd
spider man

FrothByte
damn maelstorm, i love gambit, but did you have to make this thread and kill him?!

wuTa
yea gawd damnit spidey would win....i think gambit can get laid more so bam!

Viper
Spidey easy

Raag
ya spider man could probably win.
(but there is more to a good character then that. gambit has a relly cool personality and such)

eleveninches
Depends how much gambit has trained his powers. New Son has the same potential as gambit, and he is able to use them to travel through parallel dimentions, destroy entire planets, and exist in pocket dimentions between the gaps in time and space.

Lord Ryugen
Spidy should win, but if Gambit manged to grab him for a couple of seconds we'd be scraping Spidy bits off the street. Of course since Gambit has almost no chance of touching Spidy the wall crawler wins.

ragesRemorse
spiderman would wrap his webbing around gambit, and gambit would charge the webbing and blow off spidey's arms. Gambit wins

Linkalicious
can Gambit charge a person? Like if he were to get his hands on Spidey...would he be able to do a Kinetic charge on him?

eleveninches
If he were trained well enough, gambit could kinetic charge the entire earth.

norrin radd
well the normal gamit can only charge inanimate materia,

eleveninches
Yes, he can charge anything he touches

norrin radd
you are talking of another dimension gambit, the gambit from "this universe" can only charge a non-living object to explode on impact.

eleveninches
well, in ultimate x-men, he charges a person who tries to attack him.

And the alternate universe gambit (new son) has the same potential powers as regular gambit.

norrin radd

Linkalicious
Ultimate Gambit should not count. I've heard of some very poorly written ulitmate comics...including Spiderman being able to life (press) 50 tons.

Try using something a little bit older by a couple of years....because those show his real power. Now they just keep adding to characters like Juggernaut so that fans can find a new reason to like them.

Maelstrom
As far as Fu8king goes, spider-man is cuter and could have a girl on all eight arms and juggle them while makeing eye contact, but he sticks with Mary Jane. Hmph.

eleveninches
/\
ewww sick
who fould want to do it with a spider????
Do spiders turn you on?

I'll stick to humans, thank you very much

Maelstrom
I think men fight cause they're not fu*cking eachother. Mabey Gambit could do Spider-man.

JuggernautFan
i thought this was spiderman vs. gambit in a fight, not spiderman vs. gambit in a bed match. sorry, my bad..................

muffin man
my 2 favourite heroes please don't make me decide

Mainstream
Regular Gambit would lose to Spidey. However New Son Gambit would kick Peter's a$$!!!

jinzin
Gambit may be outmatched here but if he can maneuver his way to the store and score some bug-spray spiderman's going down....I always wondered if someone rolls up a newspaper while spodermans climbing a wall, does he instantainiously stop like real spider's do?

Kontraz
no, but he can charge whatever spidey's wearing.... so it would basically do the same thing. Though i still agree spidey wins (even though i like gambit more)

ayjay
wats da biggest thing mainstream gambit has been able to succesfully charge and use?...cos cards and knives are not a problem for spidey....but like if he charged sumtin big...it would make a big boom

Kontraz
i think he's charged a bus before...

The Flash
Spider-Man.

theflyxx
Spidey's got the experience and has fought tougher villains one-on-one than Gambit has.

Webhead wins.

Mainstream
If we're talking about regular Gambit, Spider man wins. New Son Gambit Spider man loses bad in like 5 seconds if not less

namorsubby
spidey makes remy toss up his gumbo......along with blood/guts

Silent Guardian
Spider-man spanks him so bad he cannot sit down for a year. He won't even be able t o walk straight after there fight. Spidey just hits him fast and hard. The Cajan (as Wolverine has refereed to him) is totally out classed

StiltmanFTW
Spider-Man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.