Day of the Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eggmayo
I just saw this for the first time, and i've got to say how crap i thought it was.
Romero must have been very off-form, as the zombie in this all look like the guy from Dawn, the plotline really sucks, and most of it is just explaining how the zombies body mechanisms work.
This would probably have been better as the middle movie, with Dawn as the end one.

dean7879
i think it is a quality film...it would have been better if romero had a bigger budget but he had to settle with what he had....there is more tension in this film, more blood and gore and the zombies look a lot better.....i think the film gives a realistic view of what life would have been like during the end of the world scenario
the only thing that annoyed me is the idea that the mad scientist come up with which was to train the zombies...he mentioned that there is not enough ammo to kill them, so how the hell is there enough time to train them!!! i thought rhodes come up with the smart idea in which to just go out and kill em...if there aint much ammo then uuse a sword!!
he was the bad guy in the film but it seems he was the only smart one.
and the same goes for night of the living dead...cooper was deemed the ******* and bad guy but is idea about staying in the basement turned out to be the best solution after all

WindDancer
I haven't seen this movie in quite awhile. As far as I remenber it did had a great story with the underground research base. I think one of the doctors discovered that there was a way to communicate with the Zombies. If memory serves me right there is a scene in which a doctor tries to teach a zombie about things the zombie might remenber (before becoming a zombie of course). Like toothbruses and phones, music, and other stuff.

I do recall the scene with zombies and the soldiers! I don't want to post spoilers but there was some great gore in those scenes. I need to watch it again Day of the Dead is among the best!

Dario Argento
Day of the Dead is bar far the best zombie movie ever made. I love Romero's biblical references. Day of the Dead is like a modern version of Noah's Ark.

Zilverz
Everyone is entitled to there opinion. The Dead Films are positioned properly. They didnt know anything about the Zombies in Dawn. And the population was just starting to get consumed. In Day, humans are the minority. I think the movie is superb. Great character developement, including a zombie. Great gore scenes. Great Locationn. Great Dialog. and just plain great acting. This is my favorite zombie movie to date.

To the guy that said The basement was a good idea in Night Of the living dead. With seemingly no hope for rescue, Boarding yourself in a basement with no food or water seems like a terrible idea to me.

badsymbiote
Absolutely agree that barricading yourself without supplies in a basement or anywhere that they'res only 1 way out is stupid... that guy got what he deserved.
When I was a kid, I went to the video store and rented "Day" on accident. I was trying to remember which was the shopping mall one- and I guessed wrong. Maybe I was so disappointed because it wasn't the movie that I'd intended to rent, but even as a 12-year old, it wasn't scary enough for me to watch more than once. I think when I rented that movie it was in beta format--God, I haven't thought about betamaxes for about a decade. (That last sentence really dates me, doesn't it?)
Guess I was a bit young to appreciate the dialogue or it's cinematographic merit--I may have to check it out again--this time in DVD. Well, gotta jet, my kid wants to play marvel vs. capcom with me before bed. I get to be Venom!!

@F1
Day of the Dead
United Kingdom
BBC2 11:50pm , Tuesday 18th May

From horror maestro Goerge A Romero comes the final film in his Dead Trilogy. With the earth conquered by zombies, a small group of scientists and military personnel are froced to hide out in a underground bunker in Florida. When the military discover that there men have been used in the scientists experiments, they attempt to banish the unethical group, but soon find there base under attack from the undead.
(18, 1985) Rated, five stars

Michael Myers 1
I loved that movie and the gore seens were sweet and Bub was badass too

samhain
I wasn't too keen on Day... when I first saw it. Slightly inferior to Dawn...? Possibly, but Day... is one of the most intelligent films around. A carbon copy of Dawn... we didn't want to see, and we didn't get it. Great characters, hammy acting, great story development and a faint glimmer of hope at the end make Day... one of the most enjoyable films to watch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.