the cultured anime-fan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackHatDefect
ok..no offence but i noticed alomost ALL of these threads are dedicated to either Anime on tv,anime in shounen jump,or the following
Hellsing
Exel Saga
is there a reason for this?does ANYONE watch ANYTHING else.
no offence,i don't mind you people,but im sick/tired of reading posts about Rarunai Kenshin,DBZ,Gundam,ECTECT
so if anyone watches somthing else,LETS TALK ABOUT IT!!i want to get into a conversation about non mainstreem anime!What are your faves?Which caracters do you like?

Kitoky
No offense taken. The reason why people around here talking about Rurouni Kenshin, DBZ, and Gundam is because those are the animes that are seen in American TV which they don't HAVE to pay money for.
We have no right to say they're not really 'anime fans' because well, if they're not anime fans then they shouldn't be talking about it eh?

And I know alot of people who are stuck up and they think they know everything about anime and they don't. It is just mentally impossible. Now unless you actually went to Japan for a whole 2 years, I wouldn't really believe that anyone here has the right to say that they are the best of the best otakus.

I love anime, I think I know a bit, but I don't think I know everything. When someone mentions an anime I don't know, I'll just ask them what it's about and maybe try to check out if it's a good anime or not. I wouldn't say that "Oh this anime sucks because..." or "OMG, you watch that stupid show?". It's rude to do something like that. It's like others saying they hate your favorite anime show with a passion.

There's an anime network that they have for fans that are willing to pay money to have on cable, but for the others that don't have that money, can just be content on watching the ones already available to them and they can discuss and chat about with others who are the same as they are. And for those people who know alot more different animes, they're not in anyway 'superior' or anything because they're NOT.

We have our own opinions and what are limited to us, please don't trample on our likings. I'm not saying you are, but it'd be best if we keep things mutual.

BlackHatDefect
i never said anyone was surpirior to anything,nor did i say they wrn't really anime fans.I think anyone who will even watch Pokemon and think its cool is sort of a anime fan.Also..i don't even think two years would do it....more like 10..theres ALOT of anime out there you know^_-

Kitoky
Like I said, I didn't say you were saying it it's just that it's best if we don't have any conflicts about this.

Well yes, there's alot of anime, c'mon there's more then a thousand atleast. I just picked out a random # for the years.

Jace_Rave
So, BlackHatDefect, what other animes have you seen, and want to talk about?

BlackHatDefect
anything,i was kinda asing your opinions though..cause i can't start conversations even of forums

Kitoky
Well we really can't just discuss misc. anime/manga here. We have other threads for that.

The Omega

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah the UK shows kids anime all day. Then there is one episode of Outlaw Star on at 10-ish. But they always start the programs late or early. I wanted to tape all the outlaw stars but the first one started 5 mins early and then the next one was 5 mins late. Instead we've got Dragonball/Z/GT, which is OK, Ultimate muscle, again OK, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Duel Masters and stuff like that. A couple of years ago it was cool, we had Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing, Blue Gender, now we've just got all this kiddy stuff. sad

I'm trying to collect some things on DVD, but we have a very poor selection of them as well. I've got a couple Gundam Wings and am waiting to get some money before I get any more. Noir looks good, but no-one has been able to tell me if it's any good andI don't want to waste my money.

Therefore there isn't too much Anime to discuss from the UK.

crazy_c
Don't get noir. Apparently it sucks.

BlackHatDefect
Reaaly,iv never seen Noir but i heard it was really good!Why does it suck,i wanna know cause i was thinkin' of buying it!!!

crazy_c
From what i've read the main characters arent likeable at all ,you wish they would die, and they kill old defenceless men.
messed

BlackHatDefect
HAHA...niice....hmm speaking of anime that sucks,although i have an unpopular opinion on these does anyone thing Inuyasha or Marmalade Boy suck??

Inuyasha is far to dragged out.Take the romance,now i know Rumiko loooves to do this,but when its obvious to both that Inu'Kagome like echother,although they even ADMIT it..they still act like neither has interest at all...THEY ADMITTED IT FOR HELLSAKE!The story could have ended Episodes ago,but theres so many useless sub-plots..it draggs of FAR to long!!!

Marmalade Boy-Probably the worst anime/manga of all time.Very soap opera trashy/stupid.My god,nobody ever stops whining or crying about ANYTHING.All the caracters are morans..and the whole NAA chan/Meiko thing...well its taken quite overbored in the sence of dramatics.Possably the dumbest thing i saw though,was YUU's father crisis.CRIMONY,he things everyones his friggin father.VL one was good,but after so much of whiny little bitches/hopelessly pathetic love crisis,i will conclude it sucks.

crazy_c
I like Inuyasha despite the drawn-outness. It's a bit obvious inuyasha is gonn pick kagome over kikyo though.

An i've never seen marmalade boy. I thought it was something to do with marmalade stick out tongue

misao39
I see the four first episodes of Noir and it doesn't sucks but it's not the best I prefer Escaflowne

Jace_Rave
I think all the shows put out by Manga Video company are what you would consider "cultured." they aren't for kids, and most of them you have to really think about to understand. I've seen Ghost in the Shell and X.

BlackHatDefect
X/1999..well..its easy to understand if youv'e seen the whole series..i mean..you ARE talking about the movie right?
As for Ghost,yeh its a bit confusing i agree but after watching it a few times i understood it.Perhaps the most onfusing thing for me(your ganna think this is stupid)was in Revolutinery Girl Utena,when Mikage"died".I just gatta wonder if hes a phantom,how did he exsist with others/effect others lives...same goes for the kid....OHH SO CONFUSIN'!!

tns
have u guys ever seen gatekeeper 21

BlackHatDefect
Ohh!I haven't but i want to!!Im not very up to date with anime(im more into 90s anime and manga) so theres alot i haven't seen.Iread the first manga of GK though,is it any different than the anime?

celestial_moon
yo, i'm just popping in. so anyways, i heard gatekeeper was good. i peeked through the manga and it's so so. not like something i go in2 over obsess mode here.

big gay kirk
Just watched the first three eps of Noir.... I enjoyed it, especially with the homage it pays to both film-noir and Sergio leone... (watch For a Few Dollars More...) I wouldn't say it sucks, or that the characters are not likeable... in fact, the two assassins are very likeable, especially seeing as they do next to nothing to be likeable... I like the way that the director has avoided obvious "fan service..." for culture try some of the non-sf/fantasy anime... like (you know what I'm gonna say...) Destry...

Phoenix Aska
This might go off topic for a second but whatever....

BlackHatDefect people only talk about those animes because they have seen them on t.v.obviously and probably wouldn't know of any other animes....unless they saw it on cartoon network.....

Jace_Rave
I barely watch any tv anime anymore...Gundam Seed, Inuyasha, Wolf's Rain are the only ones...but i'll watch R.O.D. when Adult Swim starts it

Serket
Well, I've seen X, Soul Hunter, Saiyuki, Naruto, Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture, Tekken, Angel Sanctuary, Fruits Basket, and a few I can't think of. But my family is cheap, so I watch a lot of CN and WB anime.

Robo-Chocobo
"the cultured anime-fan"

isnt that an Oxymoron?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.