Nightcrawler vs Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnoidfreak
i think this would be a great match. just wanted to see some facts and other peoples opinions.

Linkalicious
well hitting Nightcrawler could prove to be difficult based on his ability to teleport, but i don't think he'll be able to teleport behind Spidey to land a hit because of his Spider sense.

Both are extremly agile and quick, but I'm going to have to go with Spiderman because he's stronger and because he's beaten much stronger opponents than Nightcrawler....and I can't recall anyone significant that NC has beaten.

But my opinion is biased because i don't know much about Nightcrawler.

eleveninches
Spideys spider sense cant always save him. Knowing that something bad is going to happen is one thing, but being able to avoid it is something completely different.

who?-kid

norrin radd
yes i remeber , i to post a few things in spider man favor.

Lord Ryugen
Havn't they fought before. I'm pretty sure they have. Also NC is in no way weak, when you think of the jumps and flips he does you realise that his muscles and bone structure have to be stronger than a normal persons by a fair margin. Spidy would probably win but don't think for a second he won't feel it if NC lands a fist in his face

Wynndar
yea but NC wouldnt be able to land many punches on him...and NC will definitely feel those Spiderman superhuman class ten punches on him too

Lord Ryugen
I know, that's why I said Spidy will win. NC can't take too many punches. I think it has something to do with his advanced Metabolisim but still I'd like to think NC puts up a decent fight (He's one of my fave characters)

Never
Spidey, no contest.

eleveninches
That would be quite difficult. Seeing as how Collossus was cremated.

who?-kid
That was a joke, of course smile. And don't speak of the death of one of my all time favorite characters, I'm still in mourning...

VENOMfan
Spiderman in about a minute and a half

BLackLantern7
What do y'all think?
Personally I'd want Nightcrawler to win, but I can see Spiderman making Nightcrawler see God. Maybe Nightcrawler teleports Spidey into a wall or something. But I don't know.
How do y'all see it happening?

MatchesMalone
I'm going with Spiderman.

Arsenal
Spider-Man has super strength and a spider sense

Krissy Von Doom
Spiderman edges Nightcrawler in agility and is much stronger

KharmaDog
and his spidey sense would pretty much cancel out any suprise move (ie teleportation) that nightcrawler may have

lightaxe
yep nightcrawlers going down.

lifeisaglich
On the subject of agility both spiderman and nightcrawler are the same.

Nightcrawler may not be as strong but he makes up for it with that sword of his.

You know guys I take back the agility thing. Nightcrawler has way..... more agility than spiderman. Check out X-Men 2 and look at spiderman 1 and 2 spiderman's agility does not come anywhere close to nightcrawlers agility.

Nightcrawler beats spiderman in that department.

Nataku8188
Why the hell are you basing anything on the movies? Go kill yourself. Now.

Spider-man is MUCH FASTER then Nightcrawler, but Nightcrawler is more agile. Why? Because Nightcrawler is quadrodexterous. Meaning: His legs are as dexterious as his arms. Plus his tail lends him balance, and he can use that too.

lifeisaglich
Thank you and that is why I said Nightcrawler has more agility.
I considered this before I based it in the movie.

and by the way what have you been smokin' ?

Nataku8188
Nothing. Why would you say that ?

who?-kid
No way Nightcrawler is more agile ! Everything Kurt can do (agility wise), Spider-Man can do also. But faster.

And swords... don't make me laugh laughing

Arsenal
Again, Spider-Man has a "spider-sense" (which would alert him to where Kurt would teleport next) and when he DOES find him, it's time to show off that good ol' spider-strength.

crazyspinz
but, say spiderman where to web or touch nightcrawler in anyway, night crawler just tps so half of spideys ody is in a wall then stabbs him in the face

who?-kid
Spider-Mans spider-sense will warn him for the teleporting blue one. It will be close, I admit, but his spider-sense warns him before the attack, so Spider-Man should be just fine.

pr1983
i have to say kurt is slightly more agile, but the spidey sense would warn spiderman in time, spidey takes this one.

lifeisaglich
And before spider-man's acts he has to know where the danger is coming from. That is why he looks around.

You told me to kill myself so I figured. So I figured you must have been doing something you weren't suppose to do.

who?-kid
Of course he looks around, that's normal. I would do the same thing. But it's not necessary for him : his spider-sense tells him that, for example, the danger comes from behind, so he quickly jumps away.

It's the combination of reflexes, speed and instinct that make Spider-Man so hard to touch. If he always had to look first when his spider-sense went off, he would be long dead by now.

Spiderninja008
Who kid is right.....wtf are u guys smoking, Nightcrawler has always lived in spidey's shadow, and he even mentions it every time he gets. I the Pheonix saga Nightcrawler trains hard to save jean, but is thinking about becoming better than spiderman......but he simply can't.

If you ever refer to the movies again, I will personally kill you. The movie made spidey stiff, slow, and weaker than he should b. everybody but DareDevil got their powers lowered. DD was a copy off of Spidey, when really hes more like bats, but more acrobatic.

Abaddon
According to the Marvel olympics and various trading card sets, Nightcrawler has the highest agility in the MU. The claim is due to the prehensile tail.

MERCILOUS
Spiderman is in now way more acrobatic than Nightcrawler. Spiderman is only twice as agile as a human. Nightcrawler dwarfes him in this aspect. He grew up as a circus freak, has always been naturally agile, and has a tail for added balance. Even without teleportation he'd alway land on his feet, this can obviously not be said for spiderman.

And besides, when nightcrawler teleports he's in another dimension so i'm not sure how much spidersenses would work considering Nightcrawlers speed to attack after teleporting.

who?-kid
Nightcrawler is very agile, but not as much as Spider-Man. Nightcrawler has to use his tail when performing certain acrobatic stunts, otherwise he will fall.

Spider-Man can do exact the same without the tail. And like I said, he can do it faster. Name me one thing, agility-wise of course, that NC can do but Spider-Man can't ?

Havoc470
spiderman definitely wins this one, and please no one bring up the stupid teleporting with spidey's head trick, it wont work against spidey anyway, he's too fast

lightaxe
edit Spidey is 40 times more agile than a human. read it here, please dont talk about Spidey ever again, its obvious you know nothing.

Abaddon
I posted this earlier in another thread. 40x isnt that much...

The average human reflex time is around .25 of a second (1/4th). This is only time it takes for the brain to register the stimuli and trigger a response. An increase by 40x would mean the Spidey could respond in .1 of a second (1/10th). I don't even think this is possible. I think the quickest response time physically possible is .2 of a second. This is human response time to. It has to deal with the brain registering synapses. My point is the stimuli, has to reach your brain, then it has send a response to the body. Even if .1 were possible, someone else could easily be .2 and thats not a very big difference.

Paola
lightaxe: no calling names!

MERCILOUS
Spidey's 40 times faster, his reflexes are 40 times faster, and now he's 40 times for agile too. What is it with you guys and the number 40? You Spidey fanboys need to get your facts straight.

I'm not even saying Nightcrawler will win in fact I think Spidey will win. He's just more agile. All you Spidey fan boys need to stop getting all defensive when some says that one person is better than Spidey at one thing or at the very least get your facts straight. Next you'll be saying he's stronger than the Hulk, faster than quicksilver (which one of you actually said he was close to,) and more durable than Juggernaut.

VENOMfan
Spidey has 15x faster reation speed than regular humans just clearing this up.

as far as this fight goes, I just think of the secret wars and theres your answer

MERCILOUS
Thanks for the claryfication.

But are you refereing to where he has the symbiote on?

VENOMfan
not really just regular spidey, Spiderman's "spidersense" will up his reaction to speed 15x, to a bullet dodgeing capacity.

Venom opperates on around 7x-12x, it is questionable to whether or not he could dodge bullets.
"a reaction comparison"

you can see this stuff at the Marvel Directory website.

MERCILOUS
Yeah but in secret wars Spidey wore the Venom suit. I was asking if you are calling the fight on that factor.

VENOMfan
Well, he had his read and blues on during the incounter. the Symbiote came into play after the fight. If he would have worn it then the suit just would have made HIM faster, not his spidersense.

MERCILOUS
Alright, I think Spidey takes this one but I was still wondering, since you seem to have your facts straight and don't seem like a fanboy.

Since Nightcrawler is in another dimension when he teleports, and he's pretty quick to attack after he pops out, are Spidey's senses enough to help him avoid the attack all the time? Or most of the time, maybe some of the time?

Also, do you agree that Nightcrawler is more agile than Spiderman.

VENOMfan
more Agile most definetly yes.

the dimension thing.............very good point. I could see that greatly helping Nightcralwer, but dosent he get tired from it? maybe, maybe not.

MERCILOUS
Yeah i think it exerts him. So Nightcrawler would have to something quick to make use of that edge.

Thank you for an inciteful conversation, I've been dealing with nothing but fan boys for a while now. Who are have actually told me that spiderman is is near quicksilver speed, has relfexes for times that of a human, is 40 times faster than a human, is 40 times more agile than a human (that's what that 40 comment before was about.) It was getting quite irritating.

So again, thank you.

VENOMfan
No problem. Im not sure about the differnt dimension affecting spidersense but anything is possible.

MERCILOUS
Well as soon as he comes out and has intent to harm Spidey i'm sure Spidey will pick up on it. But this does let Nightcrawler come incredibly close. I wonder if he is talented enough to take advantage of that. If he is he'd be a far greater threat than everyone is giving him credit for.

Kontraz
Well, spidey's been able to sense things comming from other dimensions inthe past, like madam web or whatever her name is, so i think he would be able to track nightcrawler as well.

MERCILOUS
I'm pretty sure Madam Web activated his senses to give him a heads up and I think it was a somewhat different sensation as well (spidey never tried to jump out of the way or anything.)

lightaxe
snaps, what i call him? ok i said something else in anpther thread too sorry.

Havoc470
imo spidey wins this one, but it would be one sweet fast-paced fight

MERCILOUS
I agree, but Nightcrawler's got an honest to goodness chance if his attack speed coming out of teleportation is near Spidey's reaction time.

Spiderninja008
it isn't it can't be, he's not strong or fast enough....enough with the spiderman bashing already. Kurt can't even take out wolvy

Wynndar
nightcrawler wouldnt have a chance...spidey has strength speed experience...and dont forget the jokes

MERCILOUS
Come on now Wynndar, argue the point I made don't give none of this spiderninaage8 rubbish.

Wynndar
I dont want to totally shoot it down but: well spidey's reflexes have been rated at 20-40 times a regular humans...i dont know if nightcrawler actually has reflex enhancement...regardless...reflexes and reaction time will be of no importance considering the spider sense operates on a preocognitient level...in reference to the reaction time

MERCILOUS
Yeah, the only reason I thought it might work is 'cause Nightcrawler is in a different dimension. I've never known Spidey sense to traverse the cosmos.

Irish Wolverine
Even if his spider-sense didn't warn him, it still wouldn't mean much. Nightcrawler's strength level isn't superhuman, so he wouldn't be able to hurt Spidey. That much, at least.

MERCILOUS
I think Spidey only looks like he takes alot more damage than he actually does. He's constantly moving out of the way so all the hits he takes are basically glancing blows. If you could actually sneak up on him or he sat still for a blow I'd think you'd see everyone overestimates his durability.

Irish Wolverine
Why do you say that? Think about it; he is strong enough to bench press 10 tons. His body must therefore be strong enough to take a great deal of punishment, and over the years, it's taken a lot.

MERCILOUS
And I'm telling you it only looks like alot. Super strength and super durability often go hand in hand but is not always the case. How much damage can you say he's actually taken if he's softened much of the blow by moving out of the way?

Irish Wolverine
Right, but he does still get hit head on sometimes. Venom and Carnage cancel out his spidersense, so he doesn't dodge all of their attacks. During the Return/Revenge of the Sinister 6, he took a hell of a beating and still was able to press on.

MERCILOUS
Yeah, He's still agile though. I'm knokw he doesn't dodge as well against the symbiotes but the guy can still move.

who?-kid
Yes indeed, something like that.

The teleporting thing from Nightcrawler will make it close, I agree, but the spider-sense has its own unique way of working : it warns before the danger, not after or at the same time. It doesn't matter if Kurt goes from one dimension to another, that's not important.

Nightcrawler will teleport next to Spider-Man and tries to rip his head off ? Spider-Man's sense will warn him before that, and he will jump away. Again, it will be close, I'm definitely not underestimating NC, but theoretically, it should be no big problem for Spider-Man.

Wynndar
concerining the durability issue, Spiderman has been shot before...because of his more than human durability and increased muscle density, small arms fire causes less damage to him than a regualar human...suggesting spidey is more durable than nightcrawler.

Havoc470
spidey is more durable than nightcrawler, but i think merciless means when spidey is attacked he rolls with the punches, and that does put less of a strain from a full blown attack, if merciless doesnt mean that, then im just rambling about nothing.......

::runs away::

MERCILOUS
No you're right.

Arsenal
Interesting

MERCILOUS
Also, Wynndar, you might be overestimating the damage possible by a small calibre firearm. A gun enthusiast myself, safety first! So no one get the idea that they can take a nine millimeter, but I have a friend who was shot twice, and then took the gun from his assailants and beat them both into subconciousness. He weighs about 155 pounds (but man can that guy fight.)

leonheartmm
i say that wagner takes this one, even though spidey can sense him before he apparates close to him but kurt has shown the ability to teleport and teleport again to locations close to each other many times a second, and that would outdo spidey's spider sense and reflexes, also wagner can make his sword or any other thing pf small mass other than himself apparate partially or completely within spiderman, which could killl spidey.

leonheartmm
just wondering, what kinda bullet was he shot with twice, and u CAN take a nine millimetre{not that i encourage anyone to do it}, well with a little bit of luck u can. and i wouldnt have been surprised if a 5 feet tall guy who was still not incapacitated after beeing shot twice could beat the two men that your friend beat up. it mustv been the adrenaline pouring into him at that time.

Havoc470
this is against nightcrawler in general, not a sword carrying one

he wont be able to get punches or kicks in if he teleports a few times within a second, when nightcrawler is fighting someone he usually scatters his teleportation to avoid draining himself and to get hits in on his enemies, when he teleports around someone so sparratically is simply for confusion and not to physically attack his enemy, confusion wont work against spidey as his reaction time would have him out of nightcrawlers flurries in no time

Spiderninja008
yea, spidey takes this with ease

leonheartmm
not really, if kurt teleports around him a few times a second, sidey wont be able to have enough reaction time available to him,
and as a last resort, kurt can teleport part of himself{like his arm} into spideys head or chest, in doin so, he would almost destroy most of the molecules of himself that haave teleported into another thing and the other thing that he teleported into, so kurt loses an arm while spidey dies, game over.

who?-kid
At most, it will confuse Spider-Man for a very short while. But it will definitely exhaust Nightcrawler.

Nightcrawler tried something like that against Nimrod, who is, I think, not as fast as Spider-Man. Nimrod almost killed him. The teleporting thing is almost instantaneous, but actually trying to grab the arm or head of a fast and unpredictable moving enemy (with a spider-sense !) as Spider-Man is something else.

And teleporting his arm in Spider-Man will result in the death of both characters. Not exactly a win for Nightcrawler, I think.

Havoc470
kurt sure as sh!t wouldnt do that, neither of them would kill eachother and that whole teleporting with body parts or what you just mentioned is a very rare case appearing in less than 0.001% of all the comics he's appeared in

jinzin
I do think spidey takes this fight, maybe not with ease but it looks like nightcrawlers getting a wake-up call for sure. As to spider-mans durability, I do agree that it does have something to do with his powers, but I also think it has more to do with his strength of character. I remember once when peter was a child and some punk kids splashed aunt may with puddle water, peter fought all 3 or 4 of em and kept coming at em even after he got kicked in the nuts. (pretty impressive)

MERCILOUS
So you agree people on this forum are overestimating his physical durability?

My friend was shot with a nine millimeter, and I mis-wrote it. He was shot at twice, only one bullet hit. He's 5'9", 155 pounds. And while i'm sure adrenaline was a factor, he's a great fighter and currently runs a dojo.

I would like to know what calibre of firearm Spidey was shot with.

I still hold Spiderman wins, but few have attempted to answer my question. Do Spidey-senses traves dimensions? My answer is no. Does this make his Spidey-sense obsolete? Again my answer is no. Is Kurt fast enough, coming out of teleportation, to be effective against Spidey, and if so to what degree?

Havoc470
spidey sense cant traverse dimensions, but the instant nightcrawler teleports back from his dimension spidey's spider sense would go off, and SPIDERman is just what it intends to be, he would be out of the way in no time, and even if he gets hit by nightcrawler it wont match to spideys greater strength and durability, as nightcrawler is weaker in strength than spiderman and would obviously make him alot less durable to spideys physical attacks

MERCILOUS
But don't you think that getting that close before Nightcrawler makes his attack is an advantage? And I still think that Spideys durability is at the very least slightly overated.

Havoc470
well i think you have to read MK spiderman and see the crap he goes through till he's finally hospitalized

how close could he get besides hand to hand combat, any closer and its homosexual (no offense to anyone) hand to hand combat is something spidey definitely would have an advantage durability wise, nightcrawler has no piercing objects or guns so i still think spidey would definitely win this one

MERCILOUS
I think you're underestimating human endurance in a physically fit indivicual. I'm not going to argue that Spidey is not more durable than Kurt, just that he's not as durable as many think. Please refer to my "glancing blows" arguement.

Havoc470
read mk spiderman, or at least have someone tell you what happens...i'd tell you but im moving things around and the first 5 issues are in a box somewhere

MERCILOUS
Nah, I can't read Spidey after the sins Marvel has commited against all comic book kind. I refer you to "maximum clonage" and actually the whole Scarlet Spider thing in general. I saw an issue of Spidey where they tried to play it off as if Gwen Stacy where alive recently, I almost puked. I'm to stubborn to give 'm another chance, I'd rather remember the good times we had in the past.

Havoc470
meh...i only stick to mk spiderman and ultimate spiderman, all the other recent titles i just dont bother reading

i think the problem with marvel is that all their readers by every damn title on the shelf and stretch olut their favorite characters wayy to much

jinzin
hey just a thought here... ummm what if nightcrawler started bambfing all over the place around spidey, would spiderman's spider sense go on overload and give him an instant seizure or something? I was just thinking that would be kind of cool/funny to see nightcrawler beat him with his own spier sense.

who?-kid
No, it probably won't go overload because his spider-sense normally warns him for danger. I don't think that "bamfing around" will upset the spider-sense of Spider-Man because it's no real danger for Spider-Man. Maybe a little bit, but not much.

And the result will be an exhausted Nightcrawler.

Havoc470
********SPOILER REGARDING MK SPIDERMAN*****************

by the way i remember what happened to spiderman in his marvel knights comic, he fights electro gets electrocuted once, electro has a new trick up his sleeve by ionizing metal (which doc ock told him about) and ends up throwing metal objects at spidey (only the little objects cut and hit him) then spiderman is within range of electro blowing up a car which sends spidey flying, then again electro gathers a few cars which blow up in spidey's range again sending him flying and his suit pretty cut up and his body pretty bruised, then spidey takes the fight to an old wharehous so electro cant hurt any civilians, electro gives spidey a long and strong jolt while they notice explosive canisters (i forgot what was in them) in the wharehous and yet again another explosion, but this time spidey wasnt around it, he was in it, almost all of his suit is completely torn and half his face exposed with bruises, bad cuts, and running blood.....finally spidey gets hospitalized only to get attacked by the vulture (who was in league with electro for money reasons) while the police were in the same room they turn around and open fire, shooting spidey twice in the fore-arm and shoulder (i forgot the name of cop-issued guns) but trying to aim for the vulture (stupid police) then vulture roughs spidey up and takes him into the air, only to un-bandage spidey's head and see peter parker, where vulture then says "he's just a kid" or something like that and drops him, while falling spidey latches onto the side of a building (in a large amount of pain) then gets picked up by Black Cat

MERCILOUS
Ahhh... I could probably take all that.

But seriously, Many human comic book characters have gone threw simular situations. I'm just not that impressed since I still hold that the blow is softened by "rolling with the punches." Really, he can't even help it can he?

Havoc470
you cant roll with electrocutions, immense explosions, bullets, or free-falling though

MERCILOUS
You can with Spideys vertical leap.

Havoc470
how the hell would a veritcal leap prove he could "roll" with what i previously mentioned

when youre getting electrocuted you cant move, when youre in an explosion you cant do a stylish spin and then the power of the bomb simply passes by you, when getting hit by a bullet you cant do a back flip and then the bullet magically only breaks a little of your skin and when youre free-falling you cant to a vertical leap off of air then safely land on a building

MERCILOUS
You can roll with an explosion with a vertical leap. You can roll with a bullet and just about anything else with spidey senses. You can definitley roll with a fall especailly with super agility. Why can't you except spidey has the tools to minimize damage to himself?

muffin man
i've read this in a comic spidey attacks nightcrawler cause nightcrawler was carrying a gun

Mainstream
Spiderman Spiderman!!!!

python99
This is going to be a easy choice when you factor in spidermans, intelligence, superhuman healing and spidersense.
strength. But what if the both of them had the same strength and the same healing ability? The only advantage the both of them would have is spidey's web and spidersense and Nightcrawlers teleportation ability. Remember these 2 are as fast as eachother they are both extremely agile,and have high endurance and stamina

Scoobless
no way is Nightcrawler as fast as Spider-Man or as agile, but teleportation does make up for lack of speed in some situations......... i'd also say Spider-man has much greater stamina

ragesRemorse
I would venture to say that nightcrawler is more agile than Spiderman. Agility is basically nightcrawlers ability. Spiderman is greatly stronger and holds higher endurance. Spidey is more proactive aswell, nightcrawler is bound to being reactive

Linkalicious
depends if "quickness" is covered by the term "agility" or not.

They might both be able to tight rope blind folded on a fishing line......but Spiderman is much much quicker than Nightcrawler when it comes to movement speed.

Scoobless
Spider-Mans body is more "elastic" than normal humans as well....... this lets him perform acrobatic feats that others cannot

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Linkalicious
depends if "quickness" is covered by the term "agility" or not.

They might both be able to tight rope blind folded on a fishing line......but Spiderman is much much quicker than Nightcrawler when it comes to movement speed.

Nightcrawler is the more agile of the two. Nightcrawlers agility would be his only advantage. Nightcralwer already having been an acrobat gives him extensive ability when combined with his unique build. When his ability of teleportation is added into the equation . His agility and quickness should be able to throw spideys senses a bit. However, Spiderman is much. much stronger, and has an incomparable level of endurance, and webbing.

Scoobless
Nightcrawler is not as agile as Spider-Man, he's better than human but not enough to say he's on Spidey's level

Linkalicious
Saying Nightcrawler has years of acrobatic experience doesn't prove that he is more agile than Spiderman.

Actually, Spiderman flat out danced circles around Nightcrawler and the rest of the X-men in Secret Wars.

I believe he even had a smug comment for our teleporting friend.

Lord-of-Dreams
That issue is the only piece of evidence pointing to towards Spidey over X-men. Quit ussing that!!!!
I think that if Night is smart, he'll teleport back and forth 'round PP and kick him when he's confuzed. But that don't work 'cuz of Spidey's endurance. And that is really Night's only strategy, so SM takes it.

Linkalicious
And where is the evidence to point that Nightcrawler > agility than Spiderman? confused

It's a comic...in continuity.....get over it.

For such an awesome teleporter...it's kind of weird how Nightcrawler usually only gets 2 hits off on his opponents before they are able to guess where he's coming from next.

I like how the guy in Ultimate X-men stuck a knife right in Nightcralwer's gut. But that isn't continuity...that's just something I liked seeing.

black wolverine
spideyman plus teleportation wouldn't work on spidey he has a spidersence

StrawNilla
I'll agree with Scoob and Link on the point of speed and agility, Spidey's has NC outclassed.

Now give the two the same strength and durability and you have yourself a match. However, when you factor in the other abilities in which Spidey is highly superior to NC and an ability that NC doesn't even know Spidey possesses much less have himself: the spider sense, I just don't think that NC's teleportation will be enough to surprise and overwhelm the webbed one.

srankmissingnin
Nightcrawler tangled with Spiderman once and if anything Nightcrawler was above Spider-man in the agility/speed area.

StrawNilla
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Nightcrawler tangled with Spiderman once and if anything Nightcrawler was above Spider-man in the agility/speed area.
What issue?

I've never seen NC portrayed as fast enough to dodge bullets as with Spidey, or agile enough (or creative with his own agility enough) to dance around guys such as the Hulk and other guys much larger than he as well as attacking them from multiple angles as Spidey has.

srankmissingnin
It was an old Spider-man issue (earliy 80's I believe) on the cover I think Punisher had them both in the scope of a rifle.

StrawNilla
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
It was an old Spider-man issue (earliy 80's I believe) on the cover I think Punisher had them both in the scope of a rifle.
I'm being quite serious when I say this and says nothing to my own argument: Anything with Punisher in it is crap.

srankmissingnin
I dont disagree

python99
gOriginally posted by StrawNilla
What issue?

I've never seen NC portrayed as fast enough to dodge bullets as with Spidey, or agile enough (or creative with his own agility enough) to dance around guys such as the Hulk and other guys much larger than he as well as attacking them from multiple angles as Spidey has.
I know its hard to beleive but if you get a chance to look at marvel universe card set # 2 it will show you that Nightcrawlers agility is extraordinary one off the highest rating given although it does show his speed to be slightly slower than Spidey However stamina is equal

StrawNilla
Originally posted by python99
g
I know its hard to beleive but if you get a chance to look at marvel universe card set # 2 it will show you that Nightcrawlers agility is extraordinary one off the highest rating
Isn't Spidey's?

And how could their stamina be equal? Spidey's given it a go aginst Morlun for twelve hours with broken ribs!

StrawNilla
Spidey's superior reflexes to NC combined with his own elasticity and agility puts him quite a bit above NC in that area I'd say.

Arachnoidfreak
Oh my god.

Someone used the friggin cards as a reference.

Get the hell out. COMIC BOOK versus forums. Use the friggin comic books as references.

StrawNilla
Originally posted by eleveninches

Isn't the spider sense there to give Spidey a great increase in terms reaction time?

Sounds like assisting Spidey's reaction to an attack ala accelerating it helps more than it hurts.

StrawNilla
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
You know guys I take back the agility thing. Nightcrawler has way..... more agility than spiderman. Check out X-Men 2 and look at spiderman 1 and 2 spiderman's agility does not come anywhere close to nightcrawlers agility.

Nightcrawler beats spiderman in that department.
If anything the train fight scene in SM2 proved movie Spidey was quite a bit more agile than movie NC.....it was really NC's teleportation in X-2 that made him look good.

StrawNilla
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Why the hell are you basing anything on the movies? Go kill yourself. Now.

Spider-man is MUCH FASTER then Nightcrawler, but Nightcrawler is more agile. Why? Because Nightcrawler is quadrodexterous. Meaning: His legs are as dexterious as his arms. Plus his tail lends him balance, and he can use that too.
Well, I think that Spidey's own elasticity coupled with his reflexes more than concurs with quadrodexterism.

Not by leaps or bounds or anything like that, but I'd say that Spidey is his superior.

StrawNilla
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Spiderman is in now way more acrobatic than Nightcrawler. Spiderman is only twice as agile as a human.
No, I think you have agility confused with elasticity.

Spidey limbs are as twice as ELASTIC as the average human, despite their enhanced strength.

Agility wise....the statement: Spidey is only twice as agile as a human is among the HIGHEST of understatements.

StrawNilla
Ahhh... I could probably take all that.

But seriously, Many human comic book characters have gone threw simular situations. I'm just not that impressed since I still hold that the blow is softened by "rolling with the punches." Really, he can't even help it can he?
Can you also deal with grabing onto a couple busbars to ONLY be knocked out unconcious....as Spidey has done in the past?

Man you're tough.

StrawNilla
You can roll with an explosion with a vertical leap. You can roll with a bullet and just about anything else with spidey senses. You can definitley roll with a fall especailly with super agility. Why can't you except spidey has the tools to minimize damage to himself?
But the question is: Can you take all this?

As far as your case goes: Yes (and this is me going by the claim you made earlier saying you can take all that stuff MK Spidey took in one issue).

As far as Spidey goes: Definitely, seeing as he's done this all ready. And it's funny, I didn't see anything anywhere in that MK Spoiler that indicated Spidey even using his agility or spider sense.

ragesRemorse
Spidey has so much more endurance, as well as superhuman strength. spiderman wins. At very least, spiderman could just let nightcrawler teleport around him taking a few shots. As soon as nightcraler gets tired, spiderman drops a fist on his head.

StrawNilla
Originally posted by Abaddon
I posted this earlier in another thread. 40x isnt that much...

The average human reflex time is around .25 of a second (1/4th). This is only time it takes for the brain to register the stimuli and trigger a response. An increase by 40x would mean the Spidey could respond in .1 of a second (1/10th). I don't even think this is possible. I think the quickest response time physically possible is .2 of a second. This is human response time to. It has to deal with the brain registering synapses. My point is the stimuli, has to reach your brain, then it has send a response to the body. Even if .1 were possible, someone else could easily be .2 and thats not a very big difference.
A human's reaction time is in no way comparable to the spider sense.

And wasn't the whole basis of Spidey's physiology simply put: "He's more than human?" Isn't that why he pulls off feat WAAAYYYY beyond that of a human's physical capacity? Is it so inconcievable to think that maybe, just maybe, since his reflexes were increased to that of 15x that of a human in the first place, that his mental compacity is quite a bit advanced when compared to that of the average joe's?

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by StrawNilla
But the question is: Can you take all this?

You damn skippy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.