The Next DAtDA Teacher ((merged))

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

airangel429
What do you all think about Tonks maybe becoming the new DADA teacher?

nadiddijaa
i dont rekon she will be, i rekon she a bit to young all the other teachers are like 40 ish

airangel429
So she's graduated and she's an auror...so she is just as likely..as anyone else...MY OPINION...the fact that she's an Auror is a HIGH chance for her to get that position AND she's on the order...you would think that someone from the order would be the DADA teacher.......

Tonks
Hey,
I agree with airangel429. Tonks whould be great. She may be clumsy but would be very cool to be a teacher. She Is probally great with kids also. so I just speak my mind.
-Tonks-

airangel429
thanks...i like her......she'll probably be good with them...b/c she's not as older...so she wont be so strict...

N.Tonks
That would be really cool; Tonks is my favorite character

airangel429
yeah I liked her too..i was hoping she'd have a HUGE role in the next book..not a smaller one....b/c she didn't have that big of a part in Ootp...

Tonks
Hey,
yah Tonks Is probally my fav. Girl in the book now.(that is why I ahve her name!) well like I said she would be such a great teacher and fun. she could like show her expresions really great for examlpe: well if she was feelung goomly then she could have an apperance that showed that and ect........ well cya,
-Tonks-

airangel429
yeah...oh i forgot about her expressions........ she would be great..... but I guess we'll see....she definitely has my vote for DADA teacher.

sanoschicky69
i think that Tonks would make an excellent DADA teacer. wink wink wink

airangel429
THanks!! I like her too!! OF COURSE! big grin

StevenStills
I think Tonks would make a great DATDA tearcher, but Harry better not stop having the Dumbledore's Army meetings because that was like the coolest thing that ever happened.

airangel429
Yeah his classes were good...but I think it will make everyone MORE attentive in the next year during that class AND if they get a sucky teacher...well they can always have their own classes again... I'm sure D-dore won't mind.

sanoschicky69
i felt a bit betrayed by Dumbledore, ya know? him not telling harry abouot the prophecy and stuff.....

bunny

Tonks has the most awesome power...i wish I could change my looks!

Laviera_j
Yeah, I'd love to change my nose! It would be so much easier!

Who do you think will play Tonks if they decide to film Harry Potter 5? laughing rolling on floor laughing

sanoschicky69
who knows? Bu tonks reminds me a bit of a charicture named Mavis in a suspence novel i read..... smokin' beer rolling on floor laughing laughing big grin

iluvharrypotter
I think it might be Kingsley Shacklebolt.

airangel429
why do you think it'll be kingsely?

sanoschicky69
Kingsleys awesome. big grin big grin

airangel429
WHERE DID KINGSLEY COME FROM?

sanoschicky69
huh?

Tonks
hey,
well I think that Tonks would be the best ever! and that Harry could still do the Dumbldores Army meetings and stuff unless they get another great Defence teacher. And they will have to cause remember that Fudge now belives that Voldemort is back to full power and they will want the students at school to be armed really good. but that is what I think.
-Tonks-

Laviera_j
Yeah, where did he come from?

|He seems awfully nice- maybe he is one of those typically nice people who has a secret... confused blink

tokyo_goddess
I don't think that's a good idea...but being an auror...I guess she could wing it.

airangel429
She could do it. Dumbledore is goign to be careful who he puts in that teaching position....HE'S BOUND TO NOTICE HIS BAD CHOICES BY NOW... so naturally he'd want someone from the order there adn why not Tonks.....she didn't have a big part in the book......so I can see her character devloping more in the next book.....just like Luna's will........ and the DADA job is just the trick.

Laviera_j
Yeah, and dumbiledore is likely to choose her isn't he, I mean she's soooooooooooooooooooooooo clumsy..so in a way it would be adding another bad choice to the list...every DADA teacher had had a bad quality...possessed...vain...warewolf...imposter...and now? Clumsy too???

LOL

sanoschicky69
you forgot one more "quality":
Horrbily mean. lol

airangel429
YEAH UMBRIDGE WAS A MEAN OLD BAG!

Deadalus
D-dore hasn't made bad choices. Quirril was hired before he was posessed, Lockhart was very respectable befor his secret was revealed, Lupin was a great teacher, Moody was a good choice, at least, the Real Moody would have been. As for year 5, he couldn't find anyone, so Umbridge was forced upon him, he didn't choose her.

airangel429
I know all that...but I still think he'll be more careful and watch that person more carefully..... I loved Lupin and Moody was good..even though it wasn't really him...... QUIRREL...was acting funny at the Leaky Cauldron before school had even started b/c he wouldn't shake Harry's hand..... and he even said that no one would suspect the stuttering professor quirrel

Rogue Jedi
i think snape is gonna get it.

airangel429
I dont think snape will get it til book 7....who'd teach potions..... I dont think Dumbledore wants him to be the DADA teacher....b/c of sometghing always happening to them...... and D-dore needs to keep Snape on the good side, his side.

sanoschicky69
yeah.

BOPRecruit 16
tonks is a little too clumsy to be a teacher, but anyone is better than umbridge!

le_sainte
i want snape to b the DADA teacher! poor guy, he's been trying to get it all these years, makes u feel a tad sorry for him
but maybe J.K has a reason for him not getting the position

airangel429
le sainte...love your ziggy...I LOVED THAT MOVIE...ITS MY NEW FAVORITE! smile

BOPRecruit 16
what could it mean and happen if snape did become dada teach?

airangel429
Honestly,I dont think Snape will get the job until book 7...BUT maybe in this book we will find out why he has never gotten the job........ I THINK...maybe dumbledore does it to protect snape...if he is in fact playing both sides...but is really good.....as in being a spy......it makes sense for Dumbledore to NOT let him have the position and still remain the potions teacher.

Just thoughts though.......I think Tonks would be good....for reasons I keep stating...that she's int he order already and SHE'S NEW... and different...TOTALLY different than any other teacher they've had...and she may not last...the newer characters seem to get killed off..... who knows though.........
I can't wait to find out...I think her part will be MUCH BIGGER in the next book! smile

Tonks
hey guys,
Yah but Snape is a really good DaDa teacher and he could arm the students really good.

airangel429
ya....................

sanoschicky69
hmmm... i wonder why exactly DD wont gie snape the DADAspot...

airangel429
I THINK WE'LL FIND OUT SOON! smile

Deadalus
we'll have to, only 2 left! What will we do when she finishes them?

Laviera_j
We will die - or maybe there will be a riot! LOL

Nope, we will entertain ourselves with fan fiction, you think? eh?

Tonks
hey, if anyone out of the Teachers at hogwarts is going to get it then it better be Snape.

crazy_rock_chic
I hope Tonks dusnt become the DADA teacher coz all de DADA teachers hav died!!!! and i like her!!

Laviera_j
yeah, me too! Good point.....

Maybe Dumbledore thinks that if Snape teaches DADA, he will be attracted to the dark arts again...

Toms_Chick85
i think Tonks would be a awesome DADA teacher. I also think all the ppl would like her to becasue shes really nice and so on.

america_boxers
tonks is an auror they wont have her as dada shes to bissy (spelling?) with the order and auror duties fighting voldermort and all.

tigereyes456
yah where did he come from? nad tonks will NOt be the new dada teacher they need all the help now with the aurors and she have no time to teach now.

america_boxers
the womb lol big grin laughing stick out tongue see i came from the womb. awww nevermind...

tigereyes456
right

america_boxers
well it sounded funny in my head

tigereyes456
i know

america_boxers
i know? what does that mean did you think it was funny big grin or are you laughing at me laughing out loud

deafmonkey
I hope Tonks dusnt become the DADA teacher coz all de DADA teachers hav died!!!! and i like her!!

what are you talkin about, lupin is alive, mad eye moody is alive, umbridge is alive, lockheart is alive. i dont think any of them have died

Lee^
stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue the deafmonkey is right stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

america_boxers
quirell died and the fake mad eye has no soul and lockhart has amnesia and umbridge is tromatised and lupin is unemployed?

Laviera_j
Didn't sum1 say that already???

america_boxers
deaf monkey said-what are you talkin about, lupin is alive, mad eye moody is alive, umbridge is alive, lockheart is alive. i dont think any of them have died

I was elabroating (spelling?)

firenze
Who will be the new dada teacher out of Snape Tonks or lupin???
Happy Dance

Loony_Luna
I hope Tonks. She's awesome! But I guess it'll be someone new.

Lyn
I wish they'd get Lupin back, he was cool!!

N.Tonks
I hope it's some one new...but it would be cool if it's Tonks too

StrgzrCndyPixie
someone new and really wierd but nice

Linkalicious
Lupin was the best teacher ever, but Tonks would probably be pretty cool. I think it would be great to have a new DADA introduced, maybe Aberforth or someone that you wouldn't really expect.

shaber
Snape will never be the DADA teacher, Rowling said so. She said that Dumbledore fears that it would bring out the worst in him. I am not sure on this next point, but someone reported that Rowling said that she was not going to introduce any new characters. sad

Lupin surely won't do it again, he has already had a go at it!

I think we may be having an echo of the pattern of the first three DADA teachers. The forth and fifth do have some points in common with the first and second. Rowling may be repeating the pattern of:

(1) Voldemort affiliate (Quirrel/Crouch)
(2) Fairly crazed and academically useless teacher (Lockhart/Umbridge)
(3)Good teacher, a mentor to the good characters, an ally to Dumbledore and a member of the Order of the Phoenix (Lupin and ???)

So the new teacher must be a good character, very likely of the Order of the Phoenix like Lupin. Who could that be? Tonks is a distinct possibility. Shacklebolt also might do it. Maybe even Bill Weasley, to show Ron that he needn't be like Percy to be a prefect (or even Head Boy). I would think it better if Moody didn't, as we have already had his peculiarities shown to us by the impostor Crouch.

Good question! big grin

I wonder if the post really is cursed... confused

crazy_rock_chic
I think it'd be cool if Tonks was the new Dada teacher

firenze
Yeah i think that tonks will as well

andyb44
I think Tonks will be as well, and reason I say that is that she's probably still feeling some effects of the stuuners or whatever the spells were that knocked her out in book 5. She's probably on a medical leave from the Auror Squad or whatever they call it, and Dumbledore probably offered her the job on a temporary basis until she's recovered.

BOPRecruit 16
either lupin or tonks. well, lupin is due for a return. more marauders!

cycochic
I think lupin is one of the best characters in the books but I don't think he'll be allowed back to hogwarts because everyone knows he's a werewolf now! would he??

crazy_c
I have a feeling it mite be someone we already know so Tonks

Maikahyandowen
harry. he'd be awsome. plus he could pick on Malfoy. big grin

Aimz Radcliffe
Yeah Harry wud b soo kewl...coz he's real good...but he's not on the poll no so i voted 4 Tonks!! she would b sooo kewl!!! GO TONKS!...l laughing out loud l

cycochic
I think lupin would be better than tonks because he has already been it and when he was that was my favouritr book, I can't wait for the thrid film to come out. But as I said bfore d'ya recon he would be allowed to work at hogwarts again because now everyone knows he's a werewolf.

RoseBloom
I don't know if it will be any of those people. The previous ones were people we never actually met before, as in big long aquaintances.

cycochic
Yeah, I think it will be someone we don't know because in every book it is nice to have someone new introduced and learn all about their character.

tomisfit
I think it'll b Lupin!!!!!!!!! rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing evil face rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance smokin' Happy Dance smokin'

Maikahyandowen
Lupin, then. he was like the best one ever. and he's such a nice guy.

tomisfit
^ mmmmmmmmmmmmm n was i da only 1 who noticed all through 5 dey kept sayin' no- job lupin. no-job!!!!!!!!!

Maikahyandowen
was that english?

Candy
hmm i think none of them! No tonks... the order would loose one member, and you know, that teacher must go at the end of the year, joanne said, there will be no one who stays a second year. i think someone awful new. a good one will be boring -.- *lol*

its_magic
i will be the knew dada teacher

its_magic
yes it is true i will be the new dada teacher

DanZeke25
no... wut r u talkin about i am going to be the dada teacher... and im gonna torture malfoy.... j/k i think its gonna be someone from the order i think... cause dumbledore will prolly want as much people from the order as possible in there jus in case voldemort comes

its_magic
yes he is going to ask me to be dada teacher im just waitin for my letter in the mail

cycochic
well it can't be lupin coz as I have sed loads of times everyone knows he is a werewolf now and probably won't be allowed back to hogwarts to teach.

Maikahyandowen
Spins in circles in her computer chair. lupin would be a good teacher. they should bring him back.

tomisfit
YEAH IT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it said mmm- as in thinkin mmm and was i the only one who noticed all through OP(order of the phoenix!) they kept aying that LUpin had no job!!!!!!!! mad

firenze
i reckon lupin shud be the dada teacher again but y won't dumbuldore let snape be the dada teacher????

Maikahyandowen
because he likes the dark arts too much. making him the teacher could make him go into a relapse or something.

cycochic
I am really anxious to know why dumbledor has so much faith in snape!!! When do you think we are gonna find out???

Maikahyandowen
by the end, more than likely.

VengeanceGOD
Will you just give Snape the freakin' job, please? His talent is wasted in Potions. smile

cycochic
he has to be in potions because otherwise he may actually be happy and for snape to be happy would ruin the atmosphere of the books/ films!!!!

Julie
Of the three I'd go with tonks...but they'll probably just make another character.

belldandy
what i heard was that someones brother ( i think lupin) was gonna be the next teacher... or a relative from the first teacher... Quirrel...
i dont know...
wateva, bye

cycochic
that would be quite inteesting actually if someone's relative is entered into the story!!!

Patronus
What about Mad Eye Moody? He never was really a teacher...

Candy

Pipage558
it would probably be someone that we never met before in any of the books. I wish that Lupin gets the job again!

Maikahyandowen
yeah, Lupin's cool. where'd you get your sig Pipage558?

megajoint
I think the real moody will come to teach DADA next
or
bill
or
charley
or
someone new...

hhhhr
i think it's snape or maybe d-dore himself

pixie1
d-dore might

cycochic
Can headmasters teach a class aswell??? Well I suppose in the world of harry potter anything is possible!!!

pixie1
yes my old head did

Maikahyandowen
Harry Potter should be next.

SAtown_punk
I think it will be Snape, and if not in this book, then in the final book. He deserves it more than anyone, and he knows more about the dark arts than virtually anyone, save Voldemort and maybe Dumbldore. But I know it won't be Tonks. It'll probably be somebody we won't be expecting. Maybe he'll bring back Lupin, but I doubt it. Maybe the real Moody, but probably not. Who knows...but I know it won't be Harry. He isn't very skilled yet. I want it to be Snape.

Maikahyandowen
probably not Snape. hitherto Dumbledore hasn't made him the teacher, and i'm sure he has a very good reason for that.

SAtown_punk
Yes, but hitherto there hasn't been a war about to start and the students didn't have a big responsibility to learn Defense Against the dark Arts. That's why it will be Snape. J.K. keeps saying that Snape wants the job badly, and she wouldn't just say that if it weren't going to happen soon.

Pallas Athene
Lupin is my favorite character, but as he had said, "This time tomorrow, the owls will start arriving from parents.... They will not want a werewolf teaching their children, Harry. And after last night, I see their point. I could have bitten any of you.... That must never happen again." He's so afraid of bitting someone, so caring. That's what makes him so great!
Tonks would be a good one, but she's an Auror. And I don't think Dumbledore would fancy her becoming a teacher. I think it said in OotP she keeps an eye out at the Ministry for any news w/ Fudge & company.
As for Moody, I'm not sure. I don't think he'd want to. If Snape was going to be the next DADA professor I'd have a fit. Could you imagine? Ugh. He'd probably give Harry the worst grades on purpose.
I heard from a website (I can't remember the name of it) that J.K. Rowling said the next DADA professor would be another girl and Snape would fall in love with her. Wouldn't that be wild? But don't kill the messenger! I'm doubting it right now.

SAtown_punk
Snape would make a great DAtDA teacher! And I think he and Harry will eventually become close, and Snape will save his life or something.

Clovie
Harry and Snape will be friends...
and Snape will give Harry the best, 'outstanding' marks big grin

Maikahyandowen
Harry and Snape FRIENDS???? when Umbridge becomes a beautifull, sweet woman, they'll be friends. of course there's a war coming. with Voldy back, what else would happen?

SAtown_punk
I already told you. Snape and Harry will become close. I think Snape will realize that just because James and Sirius were mean and arrogant, that doesn't mean Harry is. Snape may end up saving Harry's life.

Maikahyandowen
i doubt it. that didn't go so well the last time he thought he was saving Harry in the third book.

Aldaron
Agreed. If Harry's Godfather didn't die, I thought he might become the New dada because by then, Fudge would of seen Vold and that old rat alive. It probably won't be anyone in the Order.

Maikahyandowen
That rules out Snape then.

hhhhr
why i want it to be snape. they don't have to like each other. maybe ddore would make him the teacher so that the would become friends since they both like dada.

SAtown_punk
That doesn't rule out Snape. He's perfect for the job, especially now that the second war is starting. Who better to teach the dark arts than someone who was a death eater at one point?

Maikahyandowen
the general public isn't supposed to know he was a death eater. the fact that he was involved in the dark arts does not neccecarily quialify him to teach DADA

LoneWolf
It'd be great, ye, for Lupin to come back... But I doubt so sad
Tonks would be cool also, but 'cos she's in the Order I don't really think so no2
Snape would be a good teacher but he'd make classes hell for Harry... He's fine in Potions for me thumb up

Sooo.... I think Bill or Charlie ( They'd be cool cool ) or someone new big grin

SAtown_punk
I repeat my opinion that Snape and Harry will become close somehow...maybe Snape will save his life or something, I don't know, but I think that's what will happen.

I know that the public doesn't know Snape was a Death Eater. That makes no difference. He is skilled in the Dark Arts, and who better to teach Defense against the Dark Arts than someone who was part of the inner circle of the most famous dark wizard of all time?

Maikahyandowen
he might, like the fake Moody did, expose them to things that should be avoided. but, yes, he might be a good teacher of it.

SAtown_punk
They could all stand to learn Occlumency.

cycochic
First of all I don't think that Snape should become the DADA teacher because I like the way he sort of doesn't like potions but knows he has to teach it and everyone always dreads potions. Without that I think the book would feel empty, plus harry might start hating DADA and he can't do that! Second of all I think that there is a chance of harry and snape having respect for each other at some point. I recon that Harry may do some sort of favour for snape, like save his life, and then snape will have a new found respect for him!!! Mind you that's just my opinion and probably doesn't count for much!!!

raven guardia
I just got a crazy idea....what if Dumbledore is the new DADA teacher, even though he is head master he still could possible teach DADA.

SAtown_punk
I don't know about that.

Maikahyandowen
i don't think so either. the only existing possibilities are that either Snape, Harry, or someone new will get the job.

Jeff_Atello
It can't be Harry. He won't be able to take his classes if he teaches DAtDA. It'll probably be someone we've never heard of, or somebody we would never think to speculate about.

Maikahyandowen
didn't think of that. it'll probably be someone new. as usual....

Aldaron
You've missed someone who can take the job.

Aldaron
Percy might do it.

shaber
Tonks!!! rock rock rock bunny

hhhhr
how about nevill's granny eek! eek! eek!

Jeff_Atello
Percy couldn't do it...he will be too distraught about losing his boss, who is now resigning as Minister of Magic. Tonks can't do it because she's an Auror. It'll probably be someone we would never guess, or we've never heard of. Or maybe there won't be a class at all and Harry will have to teach himself and continue giving those lessons...

Maikahyandowen
PLEASE not percy. ugh! miffed

Chelse_gladrin9
I want Lupin. I think he may be one of the cute ppl. Thats how I see him...

Bloom4ever
i really doubt any chance of lupin comin back to teach
but snape's an excellent choice i think, i mean if not in the next bk, he's gotta get it sometime i hope, cuz he's always wanted it

Jeff_Atello
As Lupin said, the parents would not a werewolf teaching their students. Also, J.K. Rowling is not one to repeat anything, so that pretty much rules out Lupin.

Maikahyandowen
and anyone else we could mention.

Jeff_Atello
Yep.

tigress
i still think tonks would be cool as nxt dada teacher

Maikahyandowen
true.but she's probably too busy with the order and such.

tigress
with all the backstabbing and evilness comeing from the slytherine house dumbledore may talk fudge into letting her go to keep an extra eye on things i dnt know

Maikahyandowen
neither do i.

tigress
ok how about fudge himself jk hinted there would be a new minister of magic soon laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

shanie623
I'm hoping that Lupin would come back to teach DADA, even though majority of the students' parents wouldn't want a werewolf as a teacher. But still, don't you all agree that he's the best and most fun DADA teacher ever!?

About Tonks, she'd be really cool. Although, she's a little bit childish. LOL.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>