Aunt Petunia... Witch in Disgrace!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

big gay kirk
Why does Petunia Dursley know so much about the wizarding world... ?? Because she was once part of it... mrs Evans had two little girls, both of whom developed magical powers... Lily and Petunia both went to Hogwarts, and learned a swell as they could, Lily always being the most able... but Petunia had some extraordinary powers, uncommon even among witches and wizards... Unfortunately, on holiday Petunia met and fell in love with Vernon Dursley, and after trying to gauge his views on magic, found that he was a definite magic hater... so, in order to please the man she loved, she pretended to hate magic too, and hid her powers... she left the Order of the Phoenix just as her special powers were needed most, and as a result, she was stripped of her powers, and exiled to the world of muggles... in order to do penance for her actions, which she realised had endangered the world, she reluctantly agreed to help Albus Dumbledore, her old head of house, to shelter the infant Harry Potter....

shanie623
Is this a theory of yours?! It's brilliant! Although, there is one flaw: WHO would strip her off of her powers? Nobody can do that... Or is there?

And then again, why would Dumbledore's howler say "Remember my last..." Last what? LOL... Maybe Dumbledore fell in love with Petunia.. HEHEHEHE...

tassie
Why am i not surprised that BGK wrote this? laughing out loud

interesting though stick out tongue

celestial_moon
...im horribly close 2 screaming right now. dumbledore explained it in the letter left with harry. however, if it wasnt explained, i would believe u...

shanie623
Dumbledore explained only that Petunia accepted Harry as a segregate son because he told her that she's still bind to be with Harry anyway because she share the same blood with Harry's mother...

celestial_moon
that 2

punkyhermy
hhhhmm...It's crazy to assume that just because petunia knows so much about the wizarding world, she was once a witch.I mean her very own SISTER was one.DUH she must have known SOMETHING about the wizarding world having a witch in the family!

celestial_moon
^ yah...her being a witch...i mean, she has so much hatred...it's hard 2 kinda act that out.

big gay kirk
Its not just that she knows so much... it also helps explain her apparent hatred for magic... not only did she have to hide it from the man she loves, but then it is also taken away from her, and the wizarding world practically blackmails her into caring for a "dangerous" wizard... putting her relationship with Vernon on even shakier ground... no wonder she's angry....

celestial_moon
but thats going on a long stretch! besides, DD didnt blackmail her...he offered her harry and 4 some odd reason she accpeted it.

punkyhermy
it wasn't exactly "some odd reason".I think that that whole act of Petunia of taking harry in, isn't one to further speculate about.She is a human being with emotions and must have taken harry in only due to sympathy.Sometimes things are what they seem.And Petunia didn't take Harry in for any other reason than the fact that his mother was her family and she felt some,if any responsiblity toward him as an aunt.Not to imply that she's doing a great job of the whole "aunt" relationship.

celestial_moon
if she had sympathy 4 him tho, she wouldnt exactly b the person who she is right now.

airangel
I think that is a good assumption and we may never fully know about Petunia but I think that her character is very strange and unusual yet interesting too.....

airangel
merging........

Raven Guardia
the only reason Petunia took harry in is because she almost had to. Harry's mother died for him, which means as long as he has her blood running through him he is safe ( which by the way in book four he is no longer safe)...and since Petunia is lily's sister it only increases his protection. its not that Petunia loves or likes him...I'm most certain Dumbledore had to influence on her taking him in. and I dont think Petunia is a witch her sister lily was and that is how she learned it. Remember lily's parents were so proud of her. so Magic was probably talked about alot in her their house which of course petunia picked up. she probably felt left out so shed learned about magic from her sister or in her free time. another thing to think about is..is the Jealously. now Petunia who cant do magic felt left out as it was....then Lily meant James who also could do magic which would make Petunia feel worse, when james and lily had Harry that is about the time Voldemort grew Strong which means Sirius and Peter would be around trying to fight Voldemort and the death eaters that is how Petunia knows about that...after James and Lily were killed it was Petunia who Took harry in...if you think about it it all makes perfect sense its like a big Circle. Petunia was forced to learn and hear about all this magic stuff because she was always around it. taking harry in makes her feel even more anger because again she is surrounded by magic and she does not want to be surrounded by it. it makes her feel inferior and left out. besides adding to the fact Vernon also despises magic.

punkyhermy
yeah

frodo_dude
i don't thiknk petunia's a witch she might b a squib but not a witch... and well i certainly doubt petunia took harry for some odd reason, it's a secial reason but i am nmot sayin

BingaBonga
Their parents were muggles, if I have facts right...

frodo_dude
no u don't

BingaBonga
http://home.cybertron.com/~bldumka/Relation.html

Go halfway down in the yellow print and it will say that Lily's Parents were Muggles. smile

frodo_dude
oh yeah, u r right wink

shaber
I don't think Vernon would ever be anyone's first choice stick out tongue I doubt she ever had any magical talent, but she may have been attracted to James Potter and was bitter at standing no chance at all magic or no erm

zombieman
It is much more likely that Petunia is a squib, the reason she hates magic so much is becuase of her jelousy towards her talented sister.

frodo_dude
yeah that makes sense

BingaBonga
In order for Petunia to be a squib, her parents would have to have wizardry background, and they were just ordinary muggles.

zombieman
Good point, however we do know that her parents were proud to have a witch in the family so I still think that Petunia's hatred of magic is related to her jelousy.

BingaBonga
I totally agree. She never got the recognition from her family like Lily did, therefore, hating her. Sad and immature thing to do.

siruslover
I like that theory that that's what happened. You should write a book some time.

BingaBonga
What? embarrasment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.