Thread closed Explanation???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smodden
HUge apologie in advance and i know this will get closed but what was wrong with the LOTR from a christian point of view thread???!! mad

what is wrong with it we were not being offensive, and it is about lotr...tolkien was a christian himself, as are many in this forum...why the close???

ok i'm done with my rampage.... embarrasment so you can close this kit but i hope i'm not the only one who is outraged at the thread being closed.

Camellia
I'm not terribly fussed really. I just hope that this forum gets tidied up sometime in the near future!stick out tongue

Bloom4ever
i agree smodden, i liked it but i guess it was really getting off-topic

Smodden
it wasn't off-topic at all (IMHO) ! we wer'e talkin' bout LOTR and Christiany things...so a few ppl had prayer requests...big whoop! who cares at least give us a warning before you close...ppl were havin fun.. and i am furius!! ush he closes samiam's christian thread...he had no reason to close samiam's thread...

Bloom4ever
you might want to be careful how ur talking to a mod, smodden

Smodden
hmm. good point bloom4ever....they have to much power...*cringes under shadow of mod*

Joseph_Kerr
"And incidentally, please do not advance the idea that someone being gay is a problem to be solved."

I thought Ush' statement came from left field. Was there a problem in the thread that we were unaware of? If there wasn't, then it does seem to be a little biased against the believers on the board.

Just my 2 cents.

Smodden
exactly what i was thinking!!
i havn't read the whole thread but i don't think there was any gay stuff init...

Bloom4ever
well as i said, i shall not comment on a mod smile *seals lips*

Smodden
o yeah *slaps forehead*
next time i comment on a mod just slap me bloom4ever...

Bloom4ever
sure big grin

samIam
I am on the verge of tears... I really thought it was an important thread , and I was trying to give advice hat could help. it seems like non christian can voice thier opinions but christians have to keep it all inside.

even if the half of the thread ( last couple pages) is erased .. I wouldn't mind... ( we kinda got off topic with prayer requests)
but the topic did have alot ot do with tolkien and LOTR

Aurora
It is in the rules that we are not suppose to discuss religion... I am really surprised that it stayed open as long as it did. I agree that it was a large part of Tolkien but here it will eventually hurt feelings and cause anger and fights! sad

Ushgarak
Did anyone actually bother to read the posts in the thread before it closed? One poster said:

"OK THIS FORUM IS now FOR ALL PRAY REQUESTS"

And from that point on it became about praying and had NOTHING to do with LOTR.

It does not take a genius to work out that such a thread has no place on the LOTR section! You want to open a pray request thread, do it in the GDF.

And yes, a veiled insinuation that being gay was a problem was in that thread. This is an equal opportunities board- such things are not welcome.

I am sorry if you think mods have too much power- but frankly, that is a ridiculous comment. It is part of my responsibilities to keep the areas in order, and you can hardly call it an abuse to close a thread that violated the forum rules AND had absolutely nothing to do with the section it was in.

Furthermore, do not open threads like this in future- they are a waste of space and time. If you want to question a mod's decision, do it in private. Consider this a warning to people who open threads like this- such complaints are not the function of the message boards.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.