Worst lead singer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
some of these guys are in my favorite bands...but of all these lead singers, who is the hardest to listen to for long periods of time?

BackFire
Chester - Linkin Park

amity75
Geddy Lee

total metalhead
The singers of all the following bands:

Good Charlotte
New Found Glory
Linkin Park
Fountains Of Wayne
Inme
A
Smash Mouth

tabby999
chino (?) - deftones

Darth Revan
Chester from Linkin Park

PurityKnight
phil anselmo ( i cannot stand his voice)
....yeah, come on hate me for it.....I still hate his voice

Df02
he puts on the English accent too much....half expect some lyrics:

"Shine your shoes guv'na? tuppence a pair, tuppence a pair!"

Df02
you disgust me...... sick

Darth Jello
Jesus! who is that annoyed by Jello?!? oh, and i should have put rollins up there

tabby999
pffft, why would someone hate you for it, you odnt have to like his voice, its all personal prefrence

why do i disgust you? because i dont like a guys vocals? thats sad. really is. are you friends with MF DOOM? wink

Df02
well if you took that seriously you disgust me even more
Chino for one isnt on the list, and two...hes a damn good vocalist lol
:P

also, how can you put Les Claypool on this poll....Vocals in Primus arent nething special, but i wouldnt call it bad wink it suits the music

Ikobe
A lot of pople seem to dislike Perry Farrell's voice but I think it's rather cute. I don't like that Amy whatever her name is from Evanescence. Gasp you can sing soprano. Big deal. Um... Good Charlotte just suck anyway and I don't know their names.

loserib
jello gets on my nerves the worst

GABRIEL05
GWEN STEFANI...

§pearhead
the fear factory guy, any pop or punk singer, the Audioslave singer

total metalhead
Chino's one of the few vocalists I could (and in the past have) listen to all day yes

Gravity Kills
Chino is Ok, I don't think he is the best, but I can stand listening to him for short periods of time

tabby999
i didn't say anyone had to agree with me

PurityKnight
I saw deftones live 2 times and I have to say chino is pretty bad.

Df02
wtf, both of u are insane!!!! ive Seen Deftones live like 5times, and every time Chino has been amazing....he hits all the notes exactly like on the CD's - even when running and diving around the stage!

PurityKnight
What the f**k? hits every note
I wish he would
I always loved his voice on teir CDs, but he sucked live

Df02
maybe it was an off day or sumthing, but seriously every time ive seen them hes been tone-perfect sad

total metalhead
Same. I've seen them 3 times and Chino was CD perfect everytime. Especially when he did Bored, as the way he sings that can sound out of tune if he jars the notes even slightly, but it was perfect. Almost unbelievably so in fact.

GABRIEL05
How dare you insult Chris Cornell!

wuTa
the lead singer from sum 21

Red Superfly
Wow, I am soooooo surprised nobody has mentioned Fred Durst yet.

Darth Jello
Jack Grisham (part time house painter; former california gubernatorial candidate; and singer for Viscous Circle, TSOL, Cathedral of Tears, Tender Fury, Gentleman Jack, and The Joykiller) has an oustounding singing voice.
go pick up a copy of TSOL's Dance With Me you'll realize this punk singer is on par with Lennon and McCartney.

FrothByte
i don't like the singer of blink 182. he has that voice that sounds like a fly or something.

tabby999
i agree, i saw Deftones at Big Day Out last year, boy did they suck.
chino sounded like a parrot that had been taught deftones songs, and his voice wasn't impaired because of his on stage antics, as their were none. i wouldn't have been surprised if a roadie came out anc checked some of the band members pulses. and i dont think it was a bum day, i didn't hear anything to special from any of the other BDO date reveiws.
if the people watching wanted quality sound they lined up for the Queens Of The Stoneage/The Living End or went for a walk to see Poisen the Well and Lost Prophets (which many of them did) and saw them shat all over the whole set.

and noeones said anything about fred durst because i assume noone listens to him anymore wink

Df02
Aye Fred Durst doesnt really matter nemore lol

total metalhead
I just noticed Weird Al is up on the poll. Why?

tabby999
he's funny. your too busy laughing to be annoyed by his voice

RebelPhoenix

SenshiNaka
Mostly any of the new pop rock shit thats came out in the last year, they sound like their whining in the mic. Example: lead singer of Story of the Year.. ah who knows, i dont care enough to check.

punkyhermy
every single stupid band got an idiotic lead singer like......
Simple plan and Good Charlotte

StinkFist462
which one there is two singers erm

Darth Revan
he's talking about Tom, I'm sure... I know what he means, but it doesn't bother me

I hate the lead singer from New Found Glory... Tom DeLonge's whinyness has nothing on that guy.

SenshiNaka
Forgot to mention New Found Glory, gah i hate that singer.

Darth Jello
i don't like rollins, black flag had a good thing going with kieth morris.

tabby999
not a henry rollins fan i take it

Df02
im not too keen either, rollins band kinda suck imo messed

SgtPilcher
Hy I'm french, and there are more worst singers in france!
For me many groups have very bad singer, but I dn't think jello or less are bad...there are just different from what we heard everyday..I prefer listen to them than blink, good charlotte, lavigne or others famous punk(?) rock bands!

startxthexmosh
chris cornell?? dude...hes rad.

Red Superfly
Chris Cornell rocks! WTF is his name doing in this thread?

Go listen to Soundgarden instead for some true Cornell-age!

Alpha Centauri
Both times I've see Deftones live, Chino was mediocre both times.

I got to see "Passenger" live though, so I'm good.

Worst lead singer?

Hmm, too many on my list to name.

-AC

dark1365
Why isn't GWEN STEFANI ON THAT LIST?

MornGlory
i love Weird Al ... I Dont think he is suppose to be a good singerno expression

Reckoning
Agreed. Weird Al is a parodiser; not meant to be taken seriously.

Now the Moron 5 guy really pisses me off.

tabby999
god what an old thread.

and i now add the whingy little ***** singer from Simple Plan, who takes a massive lead ahead of Chino and is now the worst singer ever. in my opinion

Sex Pistol
I hate the lead singer from Bowling for soup. But the worst ever EVER! has got to be the lead singer from the Rasmus.

tabby999
yeah his voice grates after a while

Reckoning
Ha. Rasmus just suck ass period. Apparently The Darkness dude can't hold a tone during a live show either. And the singer from Taking Back Sunday is barely audible and when he is, you wish he wasn't audible.

Alpha Centauri
"Apparently The Darkness dude can't hold a tone during a live show either."

Seen em live 6 times. They're better live than they are on record and as for holding notes, preposterous. Justin holds every note he has to, perfectly.

-AC

bIlLy_TaLeNt94
You know who i think the worst singer is...the lead singer of bad religion....he sucks

Ronny
shocking

cry somebody catch me....

ElectricBugaloo
I don't get all the Deftones deitizing on these boards. THey are all right, but nothing special IMO.

I'd say the worst lead singer at least live is Isaac Brock of Modest Mouse.

tabby999
ronny, i think you should be more worried about that comment than my disliking of Deftones

Ronny
i dont even like bad religion roll eyes (sarcastic)

ElectricBugaloo
Bad Religion's singer is perfect for that type of music.

tabby999
its not that you have to like the band, but you have to understand, the singer is far from horrible

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
You're right...he's ****ing horrible. That is REALLY far from horrible.

tabby999
i dont think someone who thinks Simple Plans lead singer can comment on what is or is not horrible as thinking their singer is good obvioulsly shows tone deafness

Morning_Glory
i have to think that Bad Religion's lead singer is a better singer than Simple Plan's lead singer

tabby999
of course

Darth Revan
Who are these people who think Greg Graffin is a bad singer? Are they aliens from outer space? Did they spend the first ten years of their lives living in a cave listening to Simple Plan and Good Charlotte until they were brainwashed into thinking the vocalists were talented? Are they 40-year old cat lovers who live in their parents attic and are virgins? Surely this is one of life's great mysteries... Somebody ought to bring this up in the philosophy forum. smile

Anyways... I like Lostprophets, but I once saw them doing a live performance on TV and they were pretty godawful. The singer was hardly hitting a single note right, and the rest of the band were just jumping around being annoying idiots. I changed the channel. no expression

Chester from Linkin Park is still one of the worst if not the worst IMO. And he's even more awful live... Though still entertaining because he looks (and sounds) like such a complete moron yet takes himself so seriously.

Tela
I don't know any of them people stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.