say your opinion about...! =) please, NO ship wars!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shanie623
OK. This is NOT a rant. It's just an observation, and I thought I'd share it... First of all, I was just browsing some Harry Potter websites and I came upon somebody's say about the movies. And I quote:

"In the movies, I didn't like the way Hermione kept eyeballing Harry. Maybe Emma likes Daniel...

The PoA set pics - That picture with Harry holding Hermione... why didn't he just shove her out of danger's way instead of holding her back? What about Ron, Hermione? I hope you feel guilty!

I don't know if any one has seen the new PoA pics, but I just have to say that I'm not liking it much. Mainly from the fact that there are implications of H/Hr that the actors are showing. A comment from Mugglenet by Katie said, "What I was simply stating was that there is some chemistry being implicitly shown in these pics between Dan and Emma. The looks they seem to be giving each other, even though they aren't supposed to when in character." I couldn't have said it any better myself and I agree with her.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Dan and Emma liking each other. It just seems like it's affecting the way they potray their characters, like Harry and Hermione like each other.

It's apparent that the directors are showing the R/Hr with the no-hug at the end of CoS and the hand thing in the PoA trailer. But I think the lingering looks and the occasional subtle glances are far more important, which these happen with Harry and Hermione rather than Ron and Hermione. They hardly look at each other except when they're supposed to."

I so much agree with what this person had said. (Actually, I was thinking of the same exact things when I first watched each of the HP movies)...

Now, you all have to know this before I say what I have to say: I'm not going to bash any shippers because I am so not a moron. :P I will just say what I have observed. I will keep it short to three things:

Number One - Some people, and I'm not saying everybody, but SOME had just started reading the books. They've been introduced to Harry Potter because of the movies... Now, when we look at their point-of-view, we would think that Harry and Hermoine are most likely to get together because of the way the scripts, the body languages, and the characters' physical appearance have been done in the movies. So when we start reading the books, we would have images of the movie characters while reading. And since Emma and Dan are just one year apart (the guy being the older one), and both actor and actress looks good especially when they're together, we would start confusing them with Harry and Hermoine's character. So while reading the book, we would notice all sorts of unnecessary things that will make us believe that Harry and Hermoine ARE going to be together because of this aesthetic image of Dan and Emma in our head.

Number Two - I have nothing against Dan and Emma either. It's the way they behave as their characters that's really irking my mind! Honestly, I blame the directors too! They have mostly stayed truth to the book's main plot, but they have NOT to the characters! And I quote from the same person above: "Hermione is wearing pink. I don't think Hermione would wear pink. And a rainbow belt. I think Emma would wear it but not Hermione. It's like they Emma-nized Hermione." Truthfully, I don't completely agree on this because Hermoine IS a girl. For all we know, she could like pink too like the rest of us, right? But I do agree that Hermoine in the movies has been Emma-nized a bit, perhaps more.

Number Three - I think that the majority of HP fans root mostly for RHr before when there wasn't the movie version yet. Of course, I'm talking about those who've read the books way before the movies came out. In my opinion, HHr's popularity expanded because of Emma and Dan and the whole movie thing (read {Number One} to know what I mean).

I ran out of words to say... So thank you for reading this...

By the way, be honest people...

* Who has only started reading the books when the 1st movie, or the 2nd movie came out?

* And who've read Harry Potter waaay before the movies came out?

ANSWER POLL!!!

sauron
i read it way before the films came out i read PS COS POA in like a moht together
then i got GOF when it came out
and i read OOTP when it came out, read it in two days, which of course gave me a hogwarts headache yes

and i know what you mean about the harry hermy thing, maybe the actors like each other like that, i mean be honest, who would you cuddle, harry or ron?

shanie623
Do you mean Rupert or Daniel? I'd choose to cuddle with Rupert. Heehee... He reminds me so much of Ron, and I've always loved Ron's character in the books smile He's funny, charming, and naive in a way! ^_^

But of course if I'd cuddle with Rupert, then it wouldn't be Ron, because he's Rupert... LOL!! Then I'd just choose nobody. HAHA!

sauron
well that backfired on me smile

i think maybe its just one of those things, where once you notice it it wont go away and you always notice it
for example i saw a trailer for troy...i told exa i couldnt wait to see it, she said the battle fields look empty

next time i saw the trailer yep, everything in it felt so empty and i CANNOT get that feeling outta my head!

mind illusions stick out tongue

eezy45
thats true... the ppl in the movies are all like H/Hr are supposed to come together.
well they are... shifty but i think it may also become R/Hr....

Exa
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Lol I feel like an Alien in this forum confused *looks around shily*

I read the books "waaay before the movies came out", and way before the whole Potter-mania-started, when the books were still quite new and nobody knew it - I really enjoyed reading them, and until shortly after I had read the third (definitely the best one), I loved HP... but then all the merchandising stuff started, the upcoming potterism kinda spoiled the books for me, all the magical and fascinating athmosphere destroyed, though I still liked them until I saw the films. I absolutely didn't like them, especially the Harry-and-Hermione-thing you mentioned, everything is so - wrong. From that moment on I was kinda anti-potteristic until I found this area of KMC and joined Ravenclaw.... no talking about the films there, no stupid gossips about the actors, just "real" hp. Thank ye, tassie and Rogue ^^

sauron
bann

lovejklove

celestial_moon
i do like the h/hr thing in the movies but i do have 2 say they should stick 2 the script. as 4 the looks, it's mostly emma i think. i hate it when people always ask them, "do u like emma?" or "do u like daniel or rupert?". it's stupid, they'r obviously not gonna answer.

Trickster
Well hadehaha!

Take that!

punkyhermy
i read the first book before the first film came out.But the only reason i read the first book was because of all the trailers of the movie.I wondered, what is so great about the book that they are making a movie about it too....
and i HATE emma as hermy

sauron
yes we know that you never stop telling us

you didnt stop making THREADS telling us even when they were closed

could you do a better job?

punkyhermy
gee...i dunno... embarrasment stick out tongue

sauron
how can you HATE her
you dont know her
she might give blood to orphans, she might give bone marrow to one of your relatives or friends later in life

Trickster
I wanna know how to audition for the places in the film...

If I ever learn how, I'll tell you PH, so you can go take emma's place! stick out tongue

celestial_moon
i dont hate her but she isnt my exact fav. 4 hermione.

Exa
laughing laughing love

Joy2dWorld
I like Rupert Grint better than Daniel Radcliffe. coz Rupert seems to be so much more down-to-earth & I can imagine myself being more comfortable talking to him than with Dan.

he's shy alright, but that only makes it more of a challenge-- like it would be such a great thing if you can make him feel comfy enuf with you too, for him to come out of his shell & open up his heart & mind to you. bcoz his interviews reveal a good sense of wit & humor in him, like when he was asked these questions & he replied:

Q: Who do you find the scariest character in the series?
Rupert Grint: For me.. Hermione. Just kidding-- Voldemort.

Q: Is Emma as bossy as Hermione?
Rupert Grint: I'd tell you but she'd hurt me!

during the recent ABC program, he didnt talk much, but i think its bcoz Dan & Emma are already talking animatedly enuf & i think he's just the type who doesnt want to compete & steal the thunder away from them. maybe he just wants to balance things off by being the quiet one.

he's a man of few words indeed but you can be sure that the few times he does (talk), he talks with sense.

celestial_moon
i like rupert grint but i like daniel better.

punkyhermy
isn't that too far-fetched? roll eyes (sarcastic)

pottermad
i read them like ages before the movies came out

punkyhermy
i agree.Rupert seems like a lovely,truely, "normal" person.Have u seen how he dresses for premieres and stuuf?Dan wears suits and formal stuff, emma-let's NOT go there, but rupert arraives with normal ,everyday, baggy clothing!He truely is a down-to-earth, sensible, person with his feet well on the ground.He takes fame extremely weel even though he is an obviously better actor than dan or emma.He's is most definately NOT a wanna-be, never petentious,and tells it like it is.He doesn't seem to have any complexes either.While dan tries to look more grown-up and emma's indulges in futile attempts to be labeled a diva,he's having fun just being himself.

shanie623
Joy2theworld: Girl, I so much agree with you! I've nothing against Emma and Daniel... It's just that Daniel seems like he's achieving too much for the best (not that it's bad), and Emma-HAHA!-let's NOT go there!!

Rupert is really the shy type, but he makes good sense and is funny when he says something. I love Rupert! =) He's so calm and cool. Whilst Daniel is so trying-to-be-humble... The only reason why more girls like Dan better than Rupert is because he's Harry Potter and he's got the typical "good looks."

Anyways, STOP ABOUT THE FILMS! LOL... I was asking you people (well to HHr shippers, really), I was wondering--- read the book first? or watched the movie first, with the image of Emma and Dan when you read the books? LOL!

celestial_moon
same...

shanie623
What do you mean same? LOL stick out tongue

sailor_neriede
I read them waaaay before the movies came out, 5 times each in fact before the movies came out! But I was all blown away when I saw the movies! They cut so much stuff out!

celestial_moon
i read the books loooooooooooooooooong b4 the movie.

shanie623
Do you swear? Put it on your mother or father or your life? LOL...

Kidding... stick out tongue

celestial_moon
...yes i swear on sirius's grave! happy? lol wink

firebolt14
hey i read the books way before the movies came out tooo n loved them i was only lil but i stil love them now! i agree that emma n dan shud nt b like that on screen becus that cud reely confuse ppl hoo hav nt read the bks ,but yet again the filmakers mite b thinking bout makin a dif stroy line as its 'based on a novel' but i dono if its not i agree n they shud nt b like tht on set but i think its cute if they r together! emma lks soo pretty its unfair at the premier! say wat u think

Draik
The only romantic aspect that the directors should've pushed is Ginny's crush on Harry.

So, naturally, they did the opposite : filmed a VERY short scene in which Ginny blushes and runs away at the sight of Harry.

- They didn't have her send him the singing valentine.

- They didn't make any sort of comments about Ginny writing about her crush on Harry in Tom Riddle's diary.

Instead, they decided to film a non-existent scene, in which Hermione races into Harry's outstretched arms, gives Ron a handshake, and then beams when Harry gives her a rather lame compliment (whilst giving her googly-eyes, no less.)

Chris Columbus and Steve Kloves are the culprits behind the misunderstood relationships. After all, *someone* had to write up the script and direct the actors to act a certain way.

morbidviper
I totally agree with the whole dan/emma confusing the audience thing. Although i absolutely love the movies, i was rather disapointed in the way that they've left out so many things regarding ginny/harry, or the way that ron/hermoine show subtle hints of hooking up!! wink stick out tongue (*crosses fingers*)

morbidviper
And I also read the books several times before the movies came out. rock

shanie623
SO TRUE *nods* I completely forgot to mention the whole H/G thing....

FlyAwayPhoenix
I read the books AFTER the movies can out and I'm still a HUGE R/Hr fa.

In the first movie, no real relationship was implied so it was impossible to be hooked to any one ship.

After I read the book, the relationship between the two was SO APPARENT, and I was hooked.

eezy45
Ship war!! chair stick out tongue

Ah well, I read them long before and still am a... not huge, but am... a H/Hr shipper.

CabaZ
I totally agree with u. I think theres a Emma-nation in Hermione's behavior in the movie. And a lot of people who call themselves "HP-Fans" haven't notice it. O_O
In real life... i like better rupert. Someone upthere said he was more down-2-earth n q agree. smile
although daniel is so much hooot!! wink jeje

to the article ...it was interesting! wink and very true. people who saw the movie befor they read the book hav a completly different "view" of Hp!!
Im big grin i read them before the movie n before the whole mania started!!big grin

CaBaZ

ronfan3
First of all, I'd like to say that I am a H/Hr person..Also, I always thought that the movies pushed Hr/R and the books pushed Hr/H. In the movies, Hr and R act like two thirteen yearolds who have a crush on each other, while H and HR act like best friends. But that's just me.

impatientinky
i just have a sec so this'll be short:

i didn't read hp when it first came out - thought it was a kids book and i was too old. i had seen movie 1 & 2 before i read the books (in less than a month). i wanted to know what all the fuss is about and i'm a total hp fanatic now big grin.

hermy being emma-nized or what you called it: i agree! but to the pink: hermy has a pink bathrope in one of the books.

gota run now

PS: hermy ron is defenitly gonna happen. thought that when i read the books and the movies confirmed it ( for me)

bianca

ladygrim
smile>

pumpkinpie4ever
Harry and Hermione 4 ever you cant change that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.