Tatooine - the centre of the galaxy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pingu
I know Tatooine is in the Outer Rim but it strikes me odd that a desert planet on the edge of the galaxy would one of the most important settings in the SW films. Afterall when you look at it, it was the main one in ANH, and one of the main ones in ROTJ. TPM features it heavily and it has a fair appearance in AOTC and it wouldn't surprise me if it was in EP3.

So what is it about the barren rock that is so important?

Is it the centre of the galaxy?

Your views please...

Julie
No....Coruscant and the core worlds are technically center....but Tatooine is imp because key characters spent much of their lives on that barren planet...

if you want to get into deep philosophical meanings...perhaps it';s something about the greatest heroes and villians springing from the most unlikely source...the idea that everyone can make a difference no matter where they herald from.

As for it being in a lot of sw movies...there's a continuity thing...people want to see familiar things...a common planet tiest the movies together

GABRIEL05
Yeeeeahh! What ^ said!

yerssot
Anakin comes from there and the movies focus on him....

Baylin
I think, well no I dont think cos I dont have that ability... blink anyway.

I like the depiction of a dust ball planet at the ar*e end of the galaxy being so important in the grander scheme of things.

WindDancer
Tatooine is a very key important planet in Star Wars, like it was said earlier Anakin was born there, and later Luke is raise there. Moving away from the movies, while I was playing KOTOR I realize two things about Tatooine. One it is desert planet with no purpose. Yet there is something that is significant, which is my second observation: Tatooine could be consider an Archeological treasure. So in away Tatooine, can be consider the center of the universe when it comes to relics and other stuff.

Dirty Vader
yeaaaaaaaaaah
Think about this. its 1977 and its a cheap film with a tight budget, not many special effects, not many computers and all you can do is use real places or sets.

No one wants to see New York in Star Wars, so a city planet, no way. too many people and it'll make us think of earth, not another galaxy.
An ice planet? hmmmmm no.... no need for me to explain I hope.
A forest planet? could be but a bit too messy for someone to come from there. w
a desert! now thats original, a clear hot place, where we'll have lots of place to film because its cheap, we'll ba able to build our own little huts to make a village. Plus its original, because like Julie said (enter julies quote here).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.