Nick Furry vs. Bishop

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
Nick is awsome. He is like the ultimate at using tech. in a preventive fashion. Bishop is good at this. Who would you pick in a fight. Nick with his shield tech, or Bishop.
Mabey Nick is the one responsibe for Bishop being here. I hear we are going to find more out about Bishops purpose soon.
Mabey that is what this new Secert war is

LeAtHerRFace
Nick is awesome. But he doesnt even compare to Bishop.

Wynndar
hmmm...if Nick had prep time he could probably get Bishop...he's had a stand off with Professor Hulk...I dont think Bishop out classes him by any means....it would be a good match

FrothByte
cable cud beat the two of these guys up. umm, but i vote for bishop over nick.

Wynndar
i dont see what advantage cable would have over either...i dont see how he would do any better than Bishop against Nick....with prep time nick could take either

FrothByte
purely opinionated. let me rephrase that: i THINK cable wud be able to beat the two of them. giv me a little time to research for the facts to back me up.

VENOMfan
I just dont like Bishop, He obsorbs kinetic energy right? cant Gambit pretty much do the same thing?

its hard to be cool with guns IMO few pull it off. Punisher,Deadpool, Nick Fury....

FrothByte
ok, i did a little research on this, and i stand by my statement that cable could beat either nick or bishop.

bishop and nick are both physically in a peak athlete human level while cable is a 10 class in strength.

cable is an accomplished hand to hand combatant while nick is accomplished in boxing, jui jitsu, and taekwondo. nothing is mentioned about bishop's hand to hand capabilities.

bishop and cable are mutants. bishop has his absorbing(i don't know what its called) ability whereas cable has his psionic powers. nick has no such extraordinary abilities.

nick has undeniable strategy and tactics skills, but cable is also an accomplished leader and a veteran war commander of the future.

because bishop and cable are both from the future (cable from a farther time) both have more advanced weaponry than nick. although bishop is mainly seen as only utilizing his xse gun, cable uses a barrage of different arsenals from both the 20th and 40th centuries. nick utilizes a vast array of weapons from the present time.

that's why i think cable could beat the crap out of either nick or bishop. he has both the power and the arsenal. the only advantage nick has over him maybe in the tactical skills, but cable isn't that far off anyway. i took these info from marvel directory.

oh, and i know this is not such a good reference, but cable did kick bishop's ass in the xmen cartoon. still, the cartoon is not that reliable. but i just thought id point it out.

Wynndar
hmmm...yea Cable has some bad ass weapondry...it never really seems to ever be THE deciding factor in his fights though...I think Bishops powers would cancel out his TK...his telepathy might be of some use though...I always think of Bishop and Cable as being pretty similar characters. Yes Cable is certainly stronger than Bishop and Nick....but Bishop and Nick just seem like the adventurer types that always find a way to come out on top...thats my main reason for not siding with cable...i just cant imagine reading a book where either Nick Fury or Bishop could be beat by Cable

FrothByte
sound points. well, lets just wait for other posts on this thread to see what others think. in the same way, i can't imagine a comic where bishop or nick can beat cable. but i don't have enuf knowledge on these three characters to really give a definite win to anyone.

Maelstrom
The thing about time travel is that you can't bring back the time with you. All you have is your experience and some tech, but that stuff has to function in the present era. An advantage to be sure, but it is countered by when you are.
Cable seems to be able to do almost anything he wants. I correct my original assertation that we will be learning about why bishop came back. Now i recall the comic dealer said it was Cable we will be finding out about.
Mabey that is the Secert war that is beggining.
Bishop absorbs and converts energy. Gambit converts ambient energy of inorganic solid objects into kenitic energy.
Nick is always standing off the heros of Marvel, from Wolverine to Cap, the Fantastic Four and so on.
Mabey Cable came back to erase his own changed future and return as Scotts son to his original age.

Linkalicious
Fury spanks Bishop for being such a sissy. Fury is tough as sh!t and he won't put up with crap from anyone.

He'd beat up Bishop and then make some racist comment because it makes him feel good about himself. Also, racist jokes make cigars taste better! big grin

Wynndar
hahahahaha

muffin man
bishop could beat lt. fury because he doesn't need his guns and his gun are more technilogically advanced

ScarletSpider
Fury would take it. No one beats Fury. Just doesn't happen. As for Cable, I have no idea how he even came into the discusion. But no one beats Fury.

SnakeEyes
I'm backin Nick on this one

Wonderman
Ya i fig. Fury would use some kind of bio weapon on him, neutralize him temp. then bring him to lock down with some power dampeners of the medicated kind so that Bishop doesn't have any tech. to use to move through time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.