Tarantino the Actor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sarahvma
I was watching Little Nicky the other night at my friend's brother's wedding (don't ask... we were bored and a couple of my friends are Irish, so they were downing the beer - their parents would give it to them in secret - lol) and they cut to the Preacher guy, and my friend goes "Hey, he looks familiar" (we had had a Tarantino night the week before)... I go "... Wait a minute - there can't be two people with that chin and forehead!"

sorry - it was amusing. Now, I love Tarantino. He's a genuis. He's great. But I will pay him to stop acting. The Preacher was amusing, and he really did own the Like a Virgin Speech (even if he wasn't very good at it) but Jimmy was a little stale and I refuse to see Dusk Till Dawn. Agree or Disagree?

burlyman
Cameo.. I don't take him seriously laughing out loud You have to make your mark on you movie, dude! big grin
He was even one of the dead Crazy 88 (I tried to find him but haven't yet, I will eventually try by step-by-step embarrasment)

Adam Sandler and him are buddies, so thats cool of him. smile

sarahvma
He was one of the Crazy 88? Damn - I have to watch that movie again.

burlyman
I think he was just a dead one on the floor, I'm not sure messed

dave123
hmmm, I'll have to rewatch little nicky now i know that preacher is Tarantino smile

burlyman
I haven't seen it embarrasment

dave123
download it NOW mad

burlyman
sure, and just because you said so wink

dave123
you're the best happy

Myth
Don't forget that Adam Sandler turned Coke into Pepsi while at the end of Pulp Fiction, Jules tells Vincent that its a miracle even if god turns "Coke into Pepsi."

dave123
aaaaaw, I gotta find my copy of LN now sad but i remember that bit laughing out loud it was meant to be miss piss stick out tongue

sarahvma
lol - I know, I remember sitting there while watching Little Nicky and saying "I'll bet you guys twenty bucks that when he changes the liquid it goes from Coke to Pepsi"... they were all furious when I was right. Oh, and Burlyman - the same rule for Reservoir Dogs applies to Little Nicky - you must watch it twice to like it. The first time you watch little Nicky you will HATE it - so I suggest watching it with a group of friends.

dave123
"miss piss"

i meant moose piss no expression

burlyman
I liked RD the first time smile

But some time during summer, my friends and I will have an-ever-QT-related-film-athon so we'll probably watch it then big grin

sarahvma
Well, I liked RD the first time, but I didn't love it until I saw it again. I hated Little Nicky the first time, but liked it the second... so I'm not saying they're on level.

tabby999
nah i think hes a great actor, not because he has great timing or anything, but because he gets so damn energetic about what hes saying or doing. Desperado for example he nails that joke, because he get so enthusiastic, and i liked Dusk Till Dawn, its just funny, and full of links to his other movies.

sarahvma
Well, he's entertaining, but I just don't think he's very... good. He can say his own lines, and seeing the Priest was pretty halarious... but it's not like the guy's Marlon Brando.

tabby999
yeah i know, Brandos old and crippled and tarantinos not wink

WindDancer
I voted for Cameo. QT is one of the crazy 88 I'm not a 100% but I think he is behind the kid who is not wearing a mask when they are on the stairs chasing the Bride.

SenshiNaka
I thought he did great in Dusk Til Dawn, and he's also good in RD and PF.

"I don't need you to tell me how good my coffee is. I'm the one who buys it, I know how ****in' good it is. When Bonnie goes shoppin;, she buys shit. I buy the gourmet expensive stuff 'cause when I drink it, I wanna taste it."

dave123
laughing out loud my mate thought QT would have been the PF gimp

cry we checked, and he aint

WindDancer
lol! Is true some ppl (including me) thought that the Gimp was QT. Later in the credits is written it was someone else.

dave123
i bet he was really, just used a fake name ninja

WindDancer
It appears that QT will be starring in a movie pretty soon:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/film/brief_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000511960

Article says:

May 17, 2004

The Vine: Biker pic revs up with Tarantino

Following their successful collaboration in "Kill Bill-Vol. 2," Quentin Tarantino is set to team again with Larry Bishop, the actor who played the foul-mouthed owner of a strip club in the hit movie. Tarantino and Bishop will produce "Hell Ride," a motorcycle movie that Bishop is writing and will direct and star in. Sources say Tarantino might star in the movie as well. Michael Madsen, who also starred in "Bill," is attached to star in what is being described as a spaghetti biker film. The story deals with the characters Pistolero (Bishop), the Gent (Madsen) and Comanche (Tarantino) and the deadly unfinished business between them. As befitting the genre, the budget would be low, and the movie would shoot in August or September. It is unclear whether Tarantino would produce under his A Band Apart productions shingle or his Rolling Thunder Pictures. Bishop starred in several biker movies in the late '60s and early '70s, including "The Savage Seven," "Chrome and Hot Leather" and "Angel Unchained." He also wrote, directed, co-produced and starred in 1996's "Mad Dog Time," whose cast included Diane Lane, Gabriel Byrne and Burt Reynolds. He is repped by the Coppage Co. Tarantino is repped by WMA, while Madsen by Writers and Artists Group International. (Borys Kit)

sarahvma
That sounds interesting. But at this point it's still speculation, and I'm not sure how reliable the Hollywood Reporter is.

roundisfunny
Anyone remember "Mr. Show" on HBO? They had a sketch about IDS (Imminent Death Syndrome), in which the whole world was in on an elaborate hoax to fool those suffering from IDS into thinking that they were talented musicians, doctors, whatever (since they could die at any moment but never did, they lived their whole lives under the delusion that they had talent). The doctor talking about some better-known victims of the disease mentioned Quentin Tarantino, then added "The actor, not the director."

sarahvma
That's halarious, that was a good one. I liked that. By the by - any of you who still hail Mr. Tarantino as an acting god... you didn't happen to see him on Alias did you? Oh no, that's right - you'd still be paralised from the shock. lol. Sorry - it's fun to be cruel. I love the man, but really - the occasional cameo is good. It's funny - and hell, they're his movies, (or his friends' movies) so let the man do what he wants.

WindDancer
HR is not always reliable, but many times it has been right on rumor stories. I'll keep track of the story. Sounds like a bad ass biker movie and we haven't seen one of these in quite awhile.

burlyman
Yeah I heard he was gonna co-produce a film soon.. smile

WindDancer
Yup! I think this is it! big grin

sarahvma
I heard the next movie was going to be Inglorious Bastards, and then maybe Vega Brothers, but anything else is still speculation.

tabby999
i saw that, when he was talking to the guy and pulling out the tag thingys. "look what i got, oh and another one, oooh look, got one here, wow got another there" he was funny, i was laughing. kept pulling those things from everywhere, like neo with guns in The Matrix

sarahvma
Never actually made it all the way through that episode... couldn't handle it. Plus I hate Jennifer Garner.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.