Goosebumps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Soth
anyone remember them? i used to love them. They used to scare out of my wits. And now i read my old ones and I laugh out loud because they're so campy stick out tongue

dave123
i read loads of them happy they wern't scary then and they ain't now confused

Freddy_vs_Jason
Same here Dave, my brothers had a HUGE collection but back then I wasn't into them until a couple of years ago when I went hunting for them and found out that my dad gave them to a friends son. I was SO mad at him, we had hundreds!! I remember I didn't talk to him for weeks after that.

LanİeWindu
I had tons...but they weren't scarey.

Lord Soth
Okay, fine. I was only in second grade.......I had a sheltered childhood stick out tongue Forgive me for my ignorance laughing Happy Dance

Morridini
I might have read them, but if I have then I have read them in Norwegian, so I am not familier with the English title. Are the books written by someone named Richard Lawrence Stine, mostly known as R. L. Stine? If they are then I have read them.

MasterWizard
Aye, they are by R.L. Stine.

Morridini
Ok, then I truly have read some. I think I was reading them at the age of 10-11, but I didn't find them scary, more exciting then scary. But it was worth reading them. I never bought some myself but I read those my friend had.

Gregory
I read them, but they weren't scary. And in some ways, they were very repetitive.

§pearhead
I've never read them, but I do remember those smartass covers on them, those "terribly scary" creatures...like the giant dummy thing. I dunno...horror books have never appealed to me to begin with.

LanİeWindu
I liked the choose your own adventure versions of Goosebumps.

vaya_the_elf
I remember them but i dont remember what ones I read, its been a while

burlyman
big grin Goosebumps are classic

vaya_the_elf
I think in fifth or six grade I read a lot of them, but I dont remember which ones.

Raventheonly
I read and owned 1 through 50 (from 2nd grade to 4th) and they consist of nearly every scary story possible.

Raventheonly
They basically rocked at that time, i wish i still had them.. sad

Sarah15
I love those goosebump books..i use to read the all the time...i wish i still had them too...

chops
i have a huge collection but i dont read them as often as i used to

burlyman
I was more into Point Horror, Point Crime etc at the time

Dr. Strangelove
When I was young they were all the rage, I think I have over 50. Noone were scary but they were always fun reads. My favorite Goosebump was I think it was called Beast of the East. Wasn't a horror book but it was a great escape novel.

Machete_guy
laughing yeah i used to collect them but not read em

kimahri03
i have two of them

Stormy Day
I have about ten or so of them and I have about ten of r.l. stines novel I think hes the greatest.I read alot of R.LSTINE.Does he still make the books?He should they where really good not scary but interesting and sometimes tense.

I got it from the library ad after the first 5 chapter I put indown cuz it was boring.

BingaBonga
I remember when I was about 9 I think I read every R. L. Stine book that I could get a hold of. Has anyone read The Ghost Next Door, because the ending made me cry. Hey, I was 9!

Stormy Day
Nope

Rad_1
Goosebumps used to be my all-time favourite.
"Reader Beware, You're In For A Scare!" *evil laugh*

Stormy Day
evil face

mah
Hahah, I remember those fantastically predictable chapter ends, like "Ann felt something..a wet hand grasping her from behind!"
Next chapter:
"It was only her mom, back from cleaning the dishes"

Rad_1
Yeah, I loved those. smile

Stormy Day
Yeah there so predictable but fun to see what it really is evil face

RaventheOnly
I still love the first Goosebump the msot eek! Welcome to Dead House eek! and my second fav was Wherewolf of Fever Swamp eek! non were scary but they were all really creative and had good twists eek!

SlipknoT
I have about 50 of these books. I was a huge fan when I was a kid. I liked the one where the Librarian was a monster and he ate turtles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.