Worst Bond movie and why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freddy_vs_Jason
What is the worst Bond film and why?

Evy_O
That's a rhetorical stick out tongue

*whispers* OHMSS stick out tongue

yerssot
well, ... I would like to see them all again before saying, but since the tape is ruined, I can't judge sad

forumcrew
i think they are starting to get worse with each new one they make.. get back to the roots of the character not the SFX shots!

Evy_O
Oh, here we go again with SFX stick out tongue

yerssot
oh come on, TNDs had a good REAL villain, it was more about thinking it could really happen than something else

but yeah, they have to do less FX

Evy_O
I actually like them messed

yerssot
the FX?

Evy_O
yeah embarrasment

yerssot
of course, they have to go better and better over the years, no more horrible blue screen wink

Evy_O
then it's a good thing, when combined with a good story too big grin

yerssot
and don't do stupid fx liked DaD had stick out tongue

Discos
back to topic, i shall make a topic about the SFX so this doesnt get shut down for going off topic stick out tongue

OHMSS sucked, Licence to Kill sucked...

Discos - that will be all

yerssot
Licence to Kill was about revanche, something that should have been done long ago

Discos
revanche = revenge?

my reasons for OHMSS, went for a pathetic Bond replacement guy imho and the plot sucked

Discos - lezenby was fat!

yerssot
spelling was never my strong point wink

oh, and I don't disagree with OHMSS, Lazenby (not Lezenby stick out tongue) was definitly not Bond and I feel they had to chose between him either fighting Blofeld or him getting married, not the both

Discos
Discos - definetly not your strong point at all......shifty

yerssot
wit is though wink

Discos
sarcasm os a natural gift for me......along with gold and frankensence and whatnot

yerssot
for one a gift for another a curse

Discos
especially to some people i know

Discos - ie sauron

yerssot
lets stay ontopic instead of involving other members messed

Discos
sorry man....dy (get it, "mandy"?)

anyways, I didnt much like Live & Let Die to start with, it ended up growing on me. I guess it was a somewhat different theme, voodoo and the good ole drug communities

yerssot
it was one of the first movies I ever saw of bond messed

Discos
mine was Thunderball or You Only Live Twice

yerssot
because blofeld was in YOLT and returned in OHMSS without recognising bond?

Discos
tut tut lol,

well i like all the bond films in general but that two i mentioned just annoys me at times

yerssot
but in that time Thunderball could really cause a catastrophy

The Redeemer
LEZenby??? laughing out loud The mind boggles!!! whistle

yerssot
but it IS Lazenby messed

The Redeemer
I was referring to the spelling LEZ, Y...don't tell me "Y"ou don't get it!!! laughing out loud

yerssot
I..did...yeah, of course I did blink wink

The Redeemer
I see now that you most definitely haven't seen any of the EMMANUELLE films... big grin

yerssot
that's what I've been trying to tell you stick out tongue they must be the WORSE bond movies stick out tongue

The Redeemer
There's a thought...Sylvia Kristal as the next Bond villian... smokin'

yerssot
that would be the worse bond movie hands down stick out tongue

The Redeemer
If I think what you're referring to Y...Oh, matron!!!! laughing out loud angel

yerssot
I wouldn't wink

Discos
well.....

lets just say whatever films with the top 3 bonds didn't suck

Discos - except perhaps Octopussy

yerssot
hmmm, saying they all didn't suck with Moore...

Discos
Octopussy sort of did, I am trying to think of another one but they are all good smile

Discos - shall go and investigate

yerssot
erm... moonraker?

Discos
twas quite good, i have learned you only hate it cause Jaws speaks and falls in love

Discos - you monster!

yerssot
that too, but the entire fight in the space was stupid and the idea of starting a new race was overdone by other movies (and political leaders)

Discos
lol good point infact,

still dont get why Drax stole his own ship still

yerssot
they explained it in the movie messed he got a malfunctioning one so he had to get one that he sold back messed

Discos
ah thats right,

yerssot
yes, very lame wink

Reborn Again
I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet. Well, here it goes. The worst Bond film in my opinion is For Your Eyes Only. Why? Despite it stars Roger Moore and I like him better than George Lazenby I think the plot is too weak, the villains are horrible and the theme title isn't as good as it can be. The only part of the movie I enjoy is the beginning when Bond kills Blofeld. For those of you who haven't seen the film yet... thank gawd! ... and sorry.

OHMSS is my #2.

yerssot
it's officially not Blofeld wink

But I thought they took time to develop more character which was good

Reborn Again
And why is it not official?

If it looks like a chicken and clucks like a chicken, then...

yerssot
legal fight about SPECTRE and such happened, that's why NSNA exists, a movie not made by EON ...

then it's a crossdressed cock? stick out tongue

Reborn Again
Hum, I think that's entirely something different and should not be spoke aloud, if you get my drift. laughing

yerssot
what's that bond movie again where in the pre-title sequence he fights a crossdresser? I think Thunderball, he uses that rocketpack thingie messed

Reborn Again
Yup. Colonel something-or-other. Remarkably that rocket jetpack is still in use after nearly 40 years.

yerssot
Bouvard I think...

yeah, as shown in DaD laughing out loud

The Redeemer
Hmm...interesting choices if only that both OHMSS and FYEO tried to put a bit more character development into the proceedings. After the excesses of YOLT and MOONRAKER, Bond had to be brought down to earth with a bang -to use such colloquial terms-...and while I think OHMSS did this admirably, FYEO is only watchable in my opinion...

With the exception of TND, which I think has the hardest edge and some of the nicer art direction of the Brosnan Bonds, the other three are little more than unimaginative, uninspiring pap...they have their moments but as a whole are weak, forgettable and an insult to the spirit of Ian Fleming...

Homogenized, conveyor belt rubbish.

yerssot
the dead of his wife was just too rushed in OHMSS messed

well, for the Brosnan Bonds, they have to make their own stories now ...

Evy_O
actually come to think of it, FYEO does have a very silly title messed
the plot was better than OHMSS though imho yes

yerssot
why? It's what's on every briefing rapport messed

and you just say that cause it was in greece, you patriot stick out tongue

Evy_O
it sounds too romantic messed
that too stick out tongue

yerssot
tell that to Mi6 and the other services, they write it on their reports stick out tongue

wait till they return wink

Evy_O
I'll tell them, ok stick out tongue

that will be sooo fun happy

yerssot
but well, I think you mostly think of the title of the movie and the romance that was involved there ... but if you watch ... I think it was Thunderball, you see that they put it on their reports stick out tongue

Evy_O
hmm, I gotta watch Thunderball again I think messed

yerssot
good, it's when they get that big meeting big grin .... where the minister's wife lost her dog wink

Sith Master X
Worst Bond movie in my opinion, simply, The Man With The Golden Gun.
Maybe it's just me, but I can never seem to get into that one for some reason. Also, I didn't care much about "For Your Eyes Only."

SMX
cool

yerssot
hmmm, perhaps cause TMWTG was actually never supposed to happen?
I mean... Scaramanga never wanted to kill Bond in the first place messed

and FYEO... it's supposed to be more about the characters messed

anywayz.... good to see you posting here

Discos
Scaramanga never wanted to kill bond, yet he had a replica dummy of him in his "fun house"

FYEO was not bad imo, a good change of scenery in the snow alps place was nice

yerssot
that's cause bond is tha best ... even by his (moore's) standards big grin

they had a bit of snow too in TSWLM

Discos
only at the start, and the girl in that was not bad......mmm fur

Sith Master X
That's true. The other aspect of TMWTG I didn't care for was the plot, again, I just couldn't get into it compared to some of the other Bond flicks. Though the way Bond killed Scaramanga was very clever indeed, I was hoping for more of an intense shootout.

SMX
cool

Reborn Again
There was an intense shootout... in the trailer clips this can be seen, but it was cut out because the movie was too long. It's 2:15 hrs.

Sith Master X
Hmm...that sucks. Well if they had left that scene in, how much longer would the movie have been?

SMX
cool

Reborn Again
An extra 5 mins. On the SE DVD they talk about it and why it was cut.

Sith Master X
Cool, thanks for clearing that up.

SMX
cool

yerssot
well... there is NO storyline, that's the entire thingie ... he chases someone who never wanted to kill him... that and they dragged in the energy-crisis in it to try and get a story

Reborn Again
No storyline you say? I beg to differ. The story line is thick with plot.

yerssot
TMWTGG?

Reborn Again
Yes.

yerssot
cause they really did had an energy crisis?

Reborn Again
Yes, but the energy crisis idea was secondary to the face-to-face antagistion between Bond and Scaramanga. Scaramanga is such a sophisticated criminal, and Bond is every bit his equal IMO.

yerssot
than what plot do you mean? :s

Reborn Again
The clash between Bond & Scaramanga. The Clash of the Titans. The Rivalry. That's what I'm talking about.

yerssot
that's not really a plot, no? messed

Reborn Again
You have to look between the lines in this movie, yerssot. Not everything is black and white. There're shades of grey.

yerssot
Master Yoda always say Do or Do Not, there is no Try stick out tongue

Reborn Again
Hmm... yes! Powerful advise from one so small, yes?

yerssot
His council we should seek to find out which bond movie is the worse *nods*

Discos
am i on the right forum confused

what movie is he talking bout yerssot?

yerssot
starwars... that nerd stick out tongue wink and that's not a bond movie wink *points to title and whistles innocently*

Discos
lol thats what I was thinking....thought the thread got bunged to star wars forum stick out tongue

Yoda rules man

yerssot
not in the classy JB section wink

Discos
but of course not, one scowl from the Bernard lee and he;s outta here eek!

yerssot
Pipe down wink (which movie? wink)

Discos
mech I have no idea, *sways boat back on topic*

anyone ever heard of OHMSS

Discos - shifty

yerssot
isn't that movie classified as worst Bond movie? big grin

Discos
well, ya know what, i believe it may be

yerssot
which one is your second?

Discos
second worst, have to be Octopussy or Licence to kill

yerssot
LTK had something weird to it, but ... I mean... it had a good theme in it

Clark_Kent
the undisputed REASON's why Die Another Day sucked.

i had this listed as one of my fav Bond films but i have not seen it since it opened. its now showing on CineMax..maybe onenight i'll sit and watch, until then, tell me why the movie sucked a golf ball through a garden hose.

list them all:.

story ???? don't know. the only thing that was intresting was the way the Gen. never slept, and those cool looking jet packs or something...oh, and the opening scorpian maddona video...not the Mtv Music vedio....And let me tell you, i went to the opening day show and the theather was packed..and quiet...

villians( liked the dude with the diamond face, how come all the henchmen die so quick, i was waiting 4 a showdown, not a popsicle through the chest.)

plot( yeah! what was the plot?, a michael jackson makeover? and the plot with whaaat???)

F/x (the f/x wasn't the best, the part that sucked was when 007 runs off the cliff in that rocket...so chessy..i thought i seen a clip from the 80's f/x flick..like a Godzilla model...)

Jinx( why so much? with little action, just blah, blah, blah...and fire one shot. and why was it relsesed with a side kick..is the bond series running low?)

The Movie title has a kick ass name, but the movie has a lame ass.

yerssot
I don't want to picky but:
story? Bond barely got a story, it's always : national crisis, Bond saves the day by destroying some evil weapon... that's how it was a few times and that's the rather classic making of a movie ...

the villans always day too soon and too easy, I mean, Oddjob could have been more, the one in FRWL too etc. even Kauffman big grin

FX were indeed not always up to par and Jinx, well... horrible

Evy_O
Yeah right, ALL Bond films have a regular and reoccuring story plot!!

yerssot
that's what I said blink

Evy_O
oops apologies, I thought you were focusing on DaD again stick out tongue

yerssot
I was actually DEFENDING DaD this time stick out tongue

Corlindel
I didnt like Moonraker film no expression

Mr Zero
OHMSS - I hate it because if Sean had done it it would have been fantastic, and as it stands it's worse that if it had never been made.

yerssot
no one does, Cor wink ... made it thanks to star wars

Evy_O
Defending DaD? blink Wow big grin

I thought Moonraker was average to good, and oh well, no-one likes OHMSS....... with a few exceptions stick out tongue angel

yerssot
yeah, cause the story is always like that, only fair wink

those that worked on it ?wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.