Its Official: Devil May Cry - The Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aku
Yes. This site could be lieing but this is quoted from gamespot.com................Please enjoy roll eyes (sarcastic)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capcom and Japanese movie production company Gaga Communications have announced that they are planning to make the popular PlayStation 2 action game Devil May Cry into a Hollywood movie. The movie is scheduled to begin filming in 2005 with a budget of $40 million. The companies are still deciding on the director, cast, and actors for the film. Gaga and Capcom hope to make the film reflect the original game, showing off the stylish Dante and Trish in action.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Aku does not guarantee that this information is correct or even liable, any proven information that somehow defies this quote is purly coincidental.

JKozzy
Not bad, not bad! I'll be in college when it's out most likely, but hey! About time they did something with it, now let's make sure they do it right wink

§pearhead
eek! sweet!!!!

I hope it's not botched like most games-gone-movies, and I hope its based on the first one rather then the second one.

Aku
OI MORTAL KOMBAT was a brilliant movie. But yes most computer games-to movies (that ive seen) are not exactly the best films although i can only think of street fighter. And theres another one but i cant remember what it is.

Cinemaddiction
Bump and moved to the new forum!

b-dan
are u sure this is final gonna be made into a movie people have been saying this for years now an dif it is made into amovie i hope its on the third game

JKozzy
Originally posted by Spearhead
eek! sweet!!!!

I hope it's not botched like most games-gone-movies, and I hope its based on the first one rather then the second one. No doubt it would be... or the third one droolio

Demonslayer

TheQuincy
...Can I just say that this thread is completely off?

You can't say for the title of a thread "Its Official" and then inside it say "It could be lying"

Just get your facts straight.

b-dan
ya theyve bennt alking about a DMC movie for years now but i hope its coming

Tru_Slice
Originally posted by Aku
Yes. This site could be lieing but this is quoted from gamespot.com................Please enjoy roll eyes (sarcastic)

Capcom and Japanese movie production company Gaga Communications have announced that they are planning to make the popular PlayStation 2 action game Devil May Cry into a Hollywood movie. The movie is scheduled to begin filming in 2005 with a budget of $40 million. The companies are still deciding on the director, cast, and actors for the film. Gaga and Capcom hope to make the film reflect the original game, showing off the stylish Dante and Trish in action.

Note: Aku does not guarantee that this information is correct or even liable, any proven information that somehow defies this quote is purly coincidental.

Budget of $40 mill?!

It'll be crap!

Chronicles of Riddick cost more than that!

Onikirimaru
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
Budget of $40 mill?!

It'll be crap!

Chronicles of Riddick cost more than that!

Hmm, Versus is a film that is in the same kinda action horror, with the hero being stylish and running around with swords and guns laying waste to zombies much like Dante, and I hardly think that budget was close to 40 mill, correct me if Im wrong. So a great movie of the genre can be done without breaking the bank.

As far as a DMC is concerned, I think a japanese company handling it is actually for the best. I think they would have the mindset to keep it more to the source material, where as a a hollywood dude would probably change some stuff to make it appeal to the casual hollywood movie goer.

Ryuhai Kitamura would be a good director, he directed the aforementioned Versus and other action kinda stuff that seems to fit the DMC niche. Ill say Tak Sakaguchi (if thats how you spell his name) could be Dante, but I really only say that because he is the only actor I know by name without looking it up, and he seems to always play the stylish antihero anyway.

Smallvill_Li
Cool when is it coming out ??

seroth sujizero

fruits
i think their should, this game has HUGE potential to be an awesome movie

b-dan
Vergeil would be sweet. I would also like to see an Onimusha film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.